A prescribed finite set of well defined rules or processes for the solutions of a problem in a finite number of steps. Explained in simple English, it is the mathematical formula for an operation, such as computing the check digits on packets of data that travel via packet switched networks. Algorithms Computers.
In mathematics and computer science, an algorithm ( i / ˈ æ l ɡ ə r ɪ ð əm / AL -gə-ri-dhəm ) is a self-contained step-by-step set of operations to be performed. (wikipedia)
- Algorithm (general computer science) An unambiguous specification of how to solve a class of problems.
- The Algorithm The musical project of French musician R mi Gallego from Perpignan.
- Algorithm (C++) In the C++ Standard Library, algorithms are components that perform algorithmic operations on...
- Algorithm (album) A 2013 album by My Heart to Fear.
- Algorithms (journal) A peer-reviewed open access mathematics journal concerning design, analysis, and experiments on...
- Ruleset Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Ruleset'.
- Lecture Combinatorial Algorithms www
Lecture notes of a course at San Diego State University. Combinatorial Algorithms.
- Information On the Road to Algorithms www
Information on algorithms such as Bubble Sort and Random Number Generation, the Road to Algorithms, using HTML, Java and Perl. Collected by Lam Ka Chun (Raymond). On the Road to Algorithms.
- A Softpanorama Algorithms and Data Structures www
A compilation of links and background information. Softpanorama Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Resources Computer Programming Algorithms Directory www
Resources that describe computer programming algorithms. Computer Programming Algorithms Directory.
- A Problems in Analysis of Algorithms www
A list of open problems with updates and solutions. Problems in Analysis of Algorithms.
- Lecture Data Structures www
Lecture notes by Steven Skiena. Data Structures.
- Lecture Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms www
Lecture notes; applets and code in C, and Analysis of Computer Algorithms, C++, and Java; links regarding books, journals, computability, quantum computing, societies and organizations. Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms.
- This Stony Brook Algorithm Repository www
This is a collection of implementations for 75 fundamental algorithms problems, Brook Algorithm Repository, including data structures, numerical and combinatorial algorithms,graph algorithms, and computational geometry. Implementations are available in C++, Java, Fortran, and other languages. Stony Brook Algorithm Repository.
- Notes Algorithms in the Real World www
Notes for a course at Carnegie Mellon University. Algorithms in the Real World.
- A Algorithms Archive www
A collection including searching, Archive, sorting, tracking, mathematics and cellular automata. In English and Italian. Algorithms Archive.
- A Abstract State Machines www
A formal method for specifying and verifying algorithms. State Machines. Tools, meetings, researchers in the area. Abstract State Machines.
- Lecture Web Data Structures and Algorithms www
Lecture notes and links for a course by Godfried Toussaint. Web Data Structures and Algorithms.
- A Pattern Matching Pointers www
A collection of links for and to researchers in the subject. Pattern Matching Pointers.
- Links Resources for the Analysis of Algorithms www
Links to papers, for the Analysis of Algorithms, conferences and other sites, maintained by Helmut Prodinger. Resources for the Analysis of Algorithms.
- Special ACM SIGACT www
Special Interest Group on Algorithms and Computation Theory, SIGACT, the ACM special interest group for Theoretical Computer Science. Site has membership information, meetings, reports and a newsletter for members. ACM SIGACT.
- A Dictionary of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problems www
A dictionary of algorithms, Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problems, algorithmic techniques, data structures, and archetypical problems, with related definitions. Many entries have links to implementations, tutorials, and bibliographical references. Dictionary of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problems.
- An Tree Automata Techniques and Applications www
An evolving web text in PostScript and PDF, Automata Techniques and Applications, with related software. Tree Automata Techniques and Applications.
- Electronic Priority Queues www
Electronic bibliography on priority queues (heaps). Queues. Links to downloadable reports, researchers' home pages, and software. Priority Queues.
- A Algorithm Design Paradigms www
A course by Paul Dunne at the University of Liverpool. Design Paradigms. Slides and notes in HTML and PS. Algorithm Design Paradigms.
- Links Algorithms Courses www
Links to courses in algorithms maintained at various university computer science departments. Algorithms Courses.
- Course Combinatorial Algorithms www
Course material, Algorithms, syllabus and notes for a course by Roger Whitney at SDSU. Combinatorial Algorithms.
- Introduction Data Structures www
Introduction to data structures, Structures, with Java code, by Peter M. Williams. Data Structures.
- Algorithms OOPWeb Algorithms Directory www
Algorithms lecture notes, Algorithms Directory, courses, tutorials, references, guides and online books. OOPWeb Algorithms Directory.
- An Analysis Of Algorithms www
An initiative of attendees of the 1997 Dagstuhl seminar, Algorithms, these pages provide research papers, a bulletin board, and links to researchers and other resources in the field. The focus is on average case and probabilistic analysis. Analysis Of Algorithms.
- Simulation LYDIAN www
Simulation and visualization environment for distributed algorithms that provides students with an experimental environment to test and visualize the behaviour of distributed algorithms. LYDIAN.
- JIVE Java Interactive Software Visualization Environment www
JIVE is an object-oriented general-purpose animation system for the visualization of Java coded algorithms. Interactive Software Visualization Environment. Visualizations can be embedded in a Java browser or attended in a Virtual Classroom by several users at once. Java Interactive Software Visualization Environment.
- Provides The NP-Complete Arcade www
Provides applets that can be used to explore the conditions under which some well-known NP-complete problems become hard. The NP-Complete Arcade.
- Brief Parameterized Complexity www
Brief description, Complexity, list of workers and problem compendium, compiled by Todd Wareham. Parameterized Complexity.
- Data ACM Crossroads Data Compression Issue www
Data Compression issue of ACM Crossroads, Crossroads Data Compression Issue, the student magazine of the Association for Computing Machinery. ACM Crossroads Data Compression Issue.
- Explanation Compression - Computing Reference www
Explanation of compression and various compression schemes at eLook Computing Reference. Compression - Computing Reference.
- Definitions, Groebner Bases www
Definitions, Bases, properties and applications. Groebner Bases.
- ACM SIGSAM www
ACM Special Interest Group in Symbolic and Algebraic Manipulation. SIGSAM. Site has details of meetings, reports and other links. SIGSAM.
- Research Logic and Algorithms www
Research session at the Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, and Algorithms, Cambridge, UK; 16 January -- 7 July 2006. Logic and Algorithms.
- Third WAOA 2005 www
Third Workshop on Approximation and Online Algorithms: part of ALGO 2005. 2005. Hotel Torre del Mar, Ibiza, Spain; 6--7 October WAOA 2005.
- ISAB International Society for Adaptive Behavior www
ISAB is an international scientific society devoted to education and furthering research on adaptive behavior in animals, Society for Adaptive Behavior, animats, software agents, and robots. International Society for Adaptive Behavior.
- Contains PC AI Genetic Algorithms www
Contains links to genetic algorithms information on the Internet along with vendors and references. Genetic Algorithms. Published by PC AI magazine. PC AI Genetic Algorithms.
- Alexa: Algorithms Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Algorithms Computers
- DMOZ: Algorithms Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Algorithms Computers