A prescribed finite set of well defined rules or processes for the solutions of a problem in a finite number of steps. Explained in simple English, it is the mathematical formula for an operation, such as computing the check digits on packets of data that travel via packet switched networks. Algorithms Computers.
In mathematics and computer science, an algorithm ( i / ˈ æ l ɡ ə r ɪ ð əm / AL -gə-ri-dhəm ) is a self-contained step-by-step set of operations to be performed. (wikipedia)
- Algorithm An unambiguous specification of how to solve a class of problems.
- The Algorithm The musical project of French musician R mi Gallego from Perpignan.
- Algorithm (C++) In the C++ Standard Library, algorithms are components that perform algorithmic operations on...
- Algorithm (album) A 2013 album by My Heart to Fear.
- Algorithms (journal) A peer-reviewed open access mathematics journal concerning design, analysis, and experiments on...
- Ruleset Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Ruleset'.
- An Analysis Of Algorithms www
An initiative of attendees of the 1997 Dagstuhl seminar, Algorithms, these pages provide research papers, a bulletin board, and links to researchers and other resources in the field. The focus is on average case and probabilistic analysis. Analysis Of Algorithms.
- Electronic Priority Queues www
Electronic bibliography on priority queues (heaps). Queues. Links to downloadable reports, researchers' home pages, and software. Priority Queues.
- Notes Algorithms in the Real World www
Notes for a course at Carnegie Mellon University. Algorithms in the Real World.
- A Abstract State Machines www
A formal method for specifying and verifying algorithms. State Machines. Tools, meetings, researchers in the area. Abstract State Machines.
- A Problems in Analysis of Algorithms www
A list of open problems with updates and solutions. Problems in Analysis of Algorithms.
- Special ACM SIGACT www
Special Interest Group on Algorithms and Computation Theory, SIGACT, the ACM special interest group for Theoretical Computer Science. Site has membership information, meetings, reports and a newsletter for members. ACM SIGACT.
- A Algorithm Design Paradigms www
A course by Paul Dunne at the University of Liverpool. Design Paradigms. Slides and notes in HTML and PS. Algorithm Design Paradigms.
- Introduction Data Structures www
Introduction to data structures, Structures, with Java code, by Peter M. Williams. Data Structures.
- Links Algorithms Courses www
Links to courses in algorithms maintained at various university computer science departments. Algorithms Courses.
- A Algorithms Archive www
A collection including searching, Archive, sorting, tracking, mathematics and cellular automata. In English and Italian. Algorithms Archive.
- A Dictionary of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problems www
A dictionary of algorithms, Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problems, algorithmic techniques, data structures, and archetypical problems, with related definitions. Many entries have links to implementations, tutorials, and bibliographical references. Dictionary of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problems.
- Lecture Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms www
Lecture notes; applets and code in C, and Analysis of Computer Algorithms, C++, and Java; links regarding books, journals, computability, quantum computing, societies and organizations. Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms.
- This Stony Brook Algorithm Repository www
This is a collection of implementations for 75 fundamental algorithms problems, Brook Algorithm Repository, including data structures, numerical and combinatorial algorithms,graph algorithms, and computational geometry. Implementations are available in C++, Java, Fortran, and other languages. Stony Brook Algorithm Repository.
- Course Combinatorial Algorithms www
Course material, Algorithms, syllabus and notes for a course by Roger Whitney at SDSU. Combinatorial Algorithms.
- A Pattern Matching Pointers www
A collection of links for and to researchers in the subject. Pattern Matching Pointers.
- Links Resources for the Analysis of Algorithms www
Links to papers, for the Analysis of Algorithms, conferences and other sites, maintained by Helmut Prodinger. Resources for the Analysis of Algorithms.
- Information On the Road to Algorithms www
Information on algorithms such as Bubble Sort and Random Number Generation, the Road to Algorithms, using HTML, Java and Perl. Collected by Lam Ka Chun (Raymond). On the Road to Algorithms.
- Lecture Data Structures www
Lecture notes by Steven Skiena. Data Structures.
- Lecture Web Data Structures and Algorithms www
Lecture notes and links for a course by Godfried Toussaint. Web Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Algorithms OOPWeb Algorithms Directory www
Algorithms lecture notes, Algorithms Directory, courses, tutorials, references, guides and online books. OOPWeb Algorithms Directory.
- An Tree Automata Techniques and Applications www
An evolving web text in PostScript and PDF, Automata Techniques and Applications, with related software. Tree Automata Techniques and Applications.
- Lecture Combinatorial Algorithms www
Lecture notes of a course at San Diego State University. Combinatorial Algorithms.
- A Softpanorama Algorithms and Data Structures www
A compilation of links and background information. Softpanorama Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Resources Computer Programming Algorithms Directory www
Resources that describe computer programming algorithms. Computer Programming Algorithms Directory.
- Tools JFLAP, JAWAA, jeLLRap -- Visual and Interactive Tools www
Tools (Java programs) for visualizing and interacting with theoretical computer science concepts. JAWAA, jeLLRap -- Visual and Interactive Tools. JAWAA is a tool for creating algorithm animations on the web. JFLAP, JAWAA, jeLLRap -- Visual and Interactive Tools.
- Simulation LYDIAN www
Simulation and visualization environment for distributed algorithms that provides students with an experimental environment to test and visualize the behaviour of distributed algorithms. LYDIAN.
- Includes Challenging Benchmarks for SAT and CSP www
Includes related links, Benchmarks for SAT and CSP, references and a summary of the results for the SAT benchmarks used in SAT Competition 2004. Challenging Benchmarks for SAT and CSP.
- This A Compendium of NP Optimization Problems www
This is a preliminary version of the catalog of NP optimization problems. A Compendium of NP Optimization Problems.
- Describes PKZIP Application Note www
Describes the compression and decompression algorithms used by PKZIP. PKZIP Application Note.
- Detailed How Stuff Works: How File Compression Works www
Detailed narrative fully describes how a file is actually deflated, Stuff Works: How File Compression Works, or compressed to get rid of redundancy - and save space. How Stuff Works: How File Compression Works.
- Information SymbolicNet www
Information centre for symbolic mathematical computation. SymbolicNet. Links to research and software. SymbolicNet.
- Definitions, Groebner Bases www
Definitions, Bases, properties and applications. Groebner Bases.
- Research Logic and Algorithms www
Research session at the Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, and Algorithms, Cambridge, UK; 16 January -- 7 July 2006. Logic and Algorithms.
- A Joe Mitchell's Event List www
A list of sites of interest in computational geometry, Mitchell's Event List, algorithms, graphics, visualization, and related topics. Joe Mitchell's Event List.
- Introductory Introduction to Genetic Algorithms with Java www
Introductory pages with interactive Java applets, Genetic Algorithms with Java, useful tips for your own genetic algorithm Introduction to Genetic Algorithms with Java.
- Open Open BEAGLE www
Open BEAGLE is an Evolutionary Computation (EC) framework entirely coded in C++. BEAGLE. It provides a software environment to do any kind of EC. Open BEAGLE.
- Alexa: Algorithms Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Algorithms Computers
- DMOZ: Algorithms Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Algorithms Computers