A prescribed finite set of well defined rules or processes for the solutions of a problem in a finite number of steps. Explained in simple English, it is the mathematical formula for an operation, such as computing the check digits on packets of data that travel via packet switched networks. Algorithms Computers.
In mathematics and computer science, an algorithm ( i / ˈ æ l ɡ ə r ɪ ð əm / AL -gə-ri-dhəm ) is a self-contained step-by-step set of operations to be performed. (wikipedia)
- Algorithm A self-contained sequence of actions to be performed.
- The Algorithm The musical project of French musician R mi Gallego from Perpignan.
- Algorithm (C++) In the C++ Standard Library, algorithms are components that perform algorithmic operations on...
- Algorithm (album) A 2013 album by My Heart to Fear.
- Algorithms (journal) A peer-reviewed open access mathematics journal concerning design, analysis, and experiments on...
- Ruleset Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Ruleset'.
- An Tree Automata Techniques and Applications www
An evolving web text in PostScript and PDF, Automata Techniques and Applications, with related software. Tree Automata Techniques and Applications.
- Links Resources for the Analysis of Algorithms www
Links to papers, for the Analysis of Algorithms, conferences and other sites, maintained by Helmut Prodinger. Resources for the Analysis of Algorithms.
- Introduction Data Structures www
Introduction to data structures, Structures, with Java code, by Peter M. Williams. Data Structures.
- A Pattern Matching Pointers www
A collection of links for and to researchers in the subject. Pattern Matching Pointers.
- Resources Computer Programming Algorithms Directory www
Resources that describe computer programming algorithms. Computer Programming Algorithms Directory.
- Special ACM SIGACT www
Special Interest Group on Algorithms and Computation Theory, SIGACT, the ACM special interest group for Theoretical Computer Science. Site has membership information, meetings, reports and a newsletter for members. ACM SIGACT.
- This Stony Brook Algorithm Repository www
This is a collection of implementations for 75 fundamental algorithms problems, Brook Algorithm Repository, including data structures, numerical and combinatorial algorithms,graph algorithms, and computational geometry. Implementations are available in C++, Java, Fortran, and other languages. Stony Brook Algorithm Repository.
- A Problems in Analysis of Algorithms www
A list of open problems with updates and solutions. Problems in Analysis of Algorithms.
- A Algorithm Design Paradigms www
A course by Paul Dunne at the University of Liverpool. Design Paradigms. Slides and notes in HTML and PS. Algorithm Design Paradigms.
- Course Combinatorial Algorithms www
Course material, Algorithms, syllabus and notes for a course by Roger Whitney at SDSU. Combinatorial Algorithms.
- Electronic Priority Queues www
Electronic bibliography on priority queues (heaps). Queues. Links to downloadable reports, researchers' home pages, and software. Priority Queues.
- Algorithms OOPWeb Algorithms Directory www
Algorithms lecture notes, Algorithms Directory, courses, tutorials, references, guides and online books. OOPWeb Algorithms Directory.
- Notes Algorithms in the Real World www
Notes for a course at Carnegie Mellon University. Algorithms in the Real World.
- An Analysis Of Algorithms www
An initiative of attendees of the 1997 Dagstuhl seminar, Algorithms, these pages provide research papers, a bulletin board, and links to researchers and other resources in the field. The focus is on average case and probabilistic analysis. Analysis Of Algorithms.
- Lecture Combinatorial Algorithms www
Lecture notes of a course at San Diego State University. Combinatorial Algorithms.
- A Algorithms Archive www
A collection including searching, Archive, sorting, tracking, mathematics and cellular automata. In English and Italian. Algorithms Archive.
- A Abstract State Machines www
A formal method for specifying and verifying algorithms. State Machines. Tools, meetings, researchers in the area. Abstract State Machines.
- Information On the Road to Algorithms www
Information on algorithms such as Bubble Sort and Random Number Generation, the Road to Algorithms, using HTML, Java and Perl. Collected by Lam Ka Chun (Raymond). On the Road to Algorithms.
- Links Algorithms Courses www
Links to courses in algorithms maintained at various university computer science departments. Algorithms Courses.
- Lecture Web Data Structures and Algorithms www
Lecture notes and links for a course by Godfried Toussaint. Web Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Lecture Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms www
Lecture notes; applets and code in C, and Analysis of Computer Algorithms, C++, and Java; links regarding books, journals, computability, quantum computing, societies and organizations. Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms.
- A Dictionary of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problems www
A dictionary of algorithms, Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problems, algorithmic techniques, data structures, and archetypical problems, with related definitions. Many entries have links to implementations, tutorials, and bibliographical references. Dictionary of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problems.
- A Softpanorama Algorithms and Data Structures www
A compilation of links and background information. Softpanorama Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Lecture Data Structures www
Lecture notes by Steven Skiena. Data Structures.
- A Backtracking www
- Tools JFLAP, JAWAA, jeLLRap -- Visual and Interactive Tools www
Tools (Java programs) for visualizing and interacting with theoretical computer science concepts. JAWAA, jeLLRap -- Visual and Interactive Tools. JAWAA is a tool for creating algorithm animations on the web. JFLAP, JAWAA, jeLLRap -- Visual and Interactive Tools.
- A Complexity of Algorithms www
A list of topics from a Computer Science course involving complexity of algorithms. Algorithms. HTML and PS format. Complexity of Algorithms.
- Wikipedia Computational Complexity Theory www
Wikipedia article. Computational Complexity Theory.
- Data ACM Crossroads Data Compression Issue www
Data Compression issue of ACM Crossroads, Crossroads Data Compression Issue, the student magazine of the Association for Computing Machinery. ACM Crossroads Data Compression Issue.
- From Data Compression www
From PC Webopedia definition and links. Data Compression.
- Information SymbolicNet www
Information centre for symbolic mathematical computation. SymbolicNet. Links to research and software. SymbolicNet.
- ACM SIGSAM www
ACM Special Interest Group in Symbolic and Algebraic Manipulation. SIGSAM. Site has details of meetings, reports and other links. SIGSAM.
- Held Workshop on Algorithms And Data Structures www
Held in odd-numbered years, Algorithms And Data Structures, alternately with the Scandinavian Workshop of Algorithm Theory. Next meeting: Waterloo, Canada; 15--17 August 2005. Workshop on Algorithms And Data Structures.
- Including ALGO 2005 www
Including ESA, 2005, WABI, WAOA and ATMOS. Eivissa, Balearic Islands, Spain; 3--7 October, ALGO 2005.
- Contains Genetic Programming www
Contains information on genetic algorithms and programming techniques. Programming. Sponsors a genetic programming contest in java. Genetic Programming.
- Examples Franck Binard's Evolutionary Computing Examples www
Examples of genetic programs in Perl and C++. Binard's Evolutionary Computing Examples. Includes examples using the Google API to evolve strings as well as an ant evolver. Franck Binard's Evolutionary Computing Examples.
- Alexa: Algorithms Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Algorithms Computers
- DMOZ: Algorithms Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Algorithms Computers