A prescribed finite set of well defined rules or processes for the solutions of a problem in a finite number of steps. Explained in simple English, it is the mathematical formula for an operation, such as computing the check digits on packets of data that travel via packet switched networks. Algorithms Computers.
In mathematics and computer science, an algorithm ( i / ˈ æ l ɡ ə r ɪ ð əm / AL -gə-ri-dhəm ) is a self-contained step-by-step set of operations to be performed. (wikipedia)
- Algorithm An unambiguous specification of how to solve a class of problems.
- The Algorithm The musical project of French musician R mi Gallego from Perpignan.
- Algorithm (C++) In the C++ Standard Library, algorithms are components that perform algorithmic operations on...
- Algorithm (album) A 2013 album by My Heart to Fear.
- Algorithms (journal) A peer-reviewed open access mathematics journal concerning design, analysis, and experiments on...
- Ruleset Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Ruleset'.
- Special ACM SIGACT www
Special Interest Group on Algorithms and Computation Theory, SIGACT, the ACM special interest group for Theoretical Computer Science. Site has membership information, meetings, reports and a newsletter for members. ACM SIGACT.
- Lecture Data Structures www
Lecture notes by Steven Skiena. Data Structures.
- Lecture Web Data Structures and Algorithms www
Lecture notes and links for a course by Godfried Toussaint. Web Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Notes Algorithms in the Real World www
Notes for a course at Carnegie Mellon University. Algorithms in the Real World.
- Links Algorithms Courses www
Links to courses in algorithms maintained at various university computer science departments. Algorithms Courses.
- Lecture Combinatorial Algorithms www
Lecture notes of a course at San Diego State University. Combinatorial Algorithms.
- A Pattern Matching Pointers www
A collection of links for and to researchers in the subject. Pattern Matching Pointers.
- This Stony Brook Algorithm Repository www
This is a collection of implementations for 75 fundamental algorithms problems, Brook Algorithm Repository, including data structures, numerical and combinatorial algorithms,graph algorithms, and computational geometry. Implementations are available in C++, Java, Fortran, and other languages. Stony Brook Algorithm Repository.
- An Tree Automata Techniques and Applications www
An evolving web text in PostScript and PDF, Automata Techniques and Applications, with related software. Tree Automata Techniques and Applications.
- Introduction Data Structures www
Introduction to data structures, Structures, with Java code, by Peter M. Williams. Data Structures.
- Lecture Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms www
Lecture notes; applets and code in C, and Analysis of Computer Algorithms, C++, and Java; links regarding books, journals, computability, quantum computing, societies and organizations. Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms.
- Electronic Priority Queues www
Electronic bibliography on priority queues (heaps). Queues. Links to downloadable reports, researchers' home pages, and software. Priority Queues.
- Information On the Road to Algorithms www
Information on algorithms such as Bubble Sort and Random Number Generation, the Road to Algorithms, using HTML, Java and Perl. Collected by Lam Ka Chun (Raymond). On the Road to Algorithms.
- A Algorithm Design Paradigms www
A course by Paul Dunne at the University of Liverpool. Design Paradigms. Slides and notes in HTML and PS. Algorithm Design Paradigms.
- A Problems in Analysis of Algorithms www
A list of open problems with updates and solutions. Problems in Analysis of Algorithms.
- Links Resources for the Analysis of Algorithms www
Links to papers, for the Analysis of Algorithms, conferences and other sites, maintained by Helmut Prodinger. Resources for the Analysis of Algorithms.
- A Abstract State Machines www
A formal method for specifying and verifying algorithms. State Machines. Tools, meetings, researchers in the area. Abstract State Machines.
- Course Combinatorial Algorithms www
Course material, Algorithms, syllabus and notes for a course by Roger Whitney at SDSU. Combinatorial Algorithms.
- Resources Computer Programming Algorithms Directory www
Resources that describe computer programming algorithms. Computer Programming Algorithms Directory.
- Algorithms OOPWeb Algorithms Directory www
Algorithms lecture notes, Algorithms Directory, courses, tutorials, references, guides and online books. OOPWeb Algorithms Directory.
- A Softpanorama Algorithms and Data Structures www
A compilation of links and background information. Softpanorama Algorithms and Data Structures.
- An Analysis Of Algorithms www
An initiative of attendees of the 1997 Dagstuhl seminar, Algorithms, these pages provide research papers, a bulletin board, and links to researchers and other resources in the field. The focus is on average case and probabilistic analysis. Analysis Of Algorithms.
- A Algorithms Archive www
A collection including searching, Archive, sorting, tracking, mathematics and cellular automata. In English and Italian. Algorithms Archive.
- A Dictionary of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problems www
A dictionary of algorithms, Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problems, algorithmic techniques, data structures, and archetypical problems, with related definitions. Many entries have links to implementations, tutorials, and bibliographical references. Dictionary of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problems.
- An Leonardo www
An integrated C programming environment for reversible execution and logic-based software visualization developed at the University of Rome "La Sapienza". Leonardo.
- Applet Sort Algorithms Visualizer www
Applet and web site for teaching sort algorithms. Algorithms Visualizer. Includes animation of 11 algorithms and some in-depth studies. Sort Algorithms Visualizer.
- People, Information-based Complexity www
People, Complexity, publications, prizes. Information-based Complexity.
- An Computability and Complexity www
An online course on complexity. Computability and Complexity.
- Video Vcodex www
Video and image coding tutorials, Vcodex, links, resources and research. Vcodex.
- A Tutorial on Image Compression www
A tutorial on Image Compression, Image Compression, with step by step procedural examples and list of references, along with sample code. Tutorial on Image Compression.
- Editors' Journal of Symbolic Computation www
Editors' site. Symbolic Computation. Abstracts, contents, calls for papers and author information. Journal of Symbolic Computation.
- Definitions, Groebner Bases www
Definitions, Bases, properties and applications. Groebner Bases.
- Research Logic and Algorithms www
Research session at the Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, and Algorithms, Cambridge, UK; 16 January -- 7 July 2006. Logic and Algorithms.
- Held Workshop on Algorithms And Data Structures www
Held in odd-numbered years, Algorithms And Data Structures, alternately with the Scandinavian Workshop of Algorithm Theory. Next meeting: Waterloo, Canada; 15--17 August 2005. Workshop on Algorithms And Data Structures.
- An Hellenic Complex Systems Laboratory www
An independent, Complex Systems Laboratory, nonprofit research laboratory involved in the transdisciplinary study of complex systems. Invented the GA-based design of statistical quality control. Hellenic Complex Systems Laboratory.
- GEATbx Genetic and Evolutionary Algorithm Toolbox www
GEATbx is an implementation of evolutionary algorithms in Matlab. and Evolutionary Algorithm Toolbox. A broad range of operators is fully integrated into one environment. Genetic and Evolutionary Algorithm Toolbox.
- Alexa: Algorithms Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Algorithms Computers
- DMOZ: Algorithms Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Algorithms Computers