Natural Language Processing has two major sub-categories: text and speech. Both include activities like: recognizing distinct words, deciding what part-of-speech the word is, parsing an utterance into phrases, generating new text-speech and translating text-speech from one language to another. Each of these steps has its own community of researchers. Natural Language Artificial Intelligence Computers.
In neuropsychology, linguistics and the philosophy of language, a natural language or ordinary language is any language that has evolved naturally in humans through use and repetition without conscious planning or premeditation. (wikipedia)
- ALICE (Artificial Intelligence)
- Racter (Artificial Intelligence)
- Wikipedia: In neuropsychology, linguistics and the philosophy of language, a natural language or ordinary language is any language that has evolved naturally in humans through use and repetition without conscious planning or premeditation. Natural languages can take different forms, such as speech or signing. They are distinguished from constructed and formal languages such as those used to program computers or to study logic.
- Language acquisition - Language acquisition is the process by which humans acquire the capacity to perceive and comprehend language, as well as to produce and use words and sentences to communicate. Language acquisition is one of the quintessential human traits, because non-humans do not communicate by using language.
- Origin of language - The first language in the human species has been the topic of scholarly discussions for several centuries. There is no consensus on the origin or age of human language. The topic is difficult to study because of the lack of direct evidence.
- Neuropsychological assessment
- Philosophical logic
- Philosophy of language
- Natural language processing
- A Language Technologies Institute www
A research program at Carnegie Mellon University, Technologies Institute, focusing on machine translation and speech processing. Includes news, admissions procedures, staff profiles and current projects. Language Technologies Institute.
- The The European Language Resource Distribution Agency (ELDA) www
The practical arm of the ELRA agency, European Language Resource Distribution Agency (ELDA), dedicated to solving practical and legal problems in the distribution of language resources. Legal information, catalog of resources for sale, current projects. The European Language Resource Distribution Agency (ELDA).
- Develops Mingsee, Inc. www
Develops systems which enable computers to analyse and "understand" text by using proprietary algorithms. Mingsee, Inc..
- Mobile VerbMobil www
Mobile translation system for the translation of spontaneous speech in face-to-face situations. VerbMobil.
- Create Clyr Inc. www
Create custom natural language processing software. Clyr Inc..
- Selected Natural Language FAQs www
Selected FAQ lists from Usenet groups related to natural language processing. Natural Language FAQs.
- A Language Technology World www
A portal on the range of technologies that deal with human language. Technology World. News, conferences, projects, organisations, systems, and resources. Language Technology World.
- Information Australasian Language Technology Association www
Information about language technology in Australia and New Zealand. Language Technology Association. Includes mailing lists, general information, and links to research and training in Australasia. Australasian Language Technology Association.
- A EAGLES: Expert Advisory Group on Language Engineering Standards www
A European Commission initiative to provide standards for linguistic engineering applications such as corpora, Expert Advisory Group on Language Engineering Standards, lexicons, mark-up languages and software. Contains current guidelines. EAGLES: Expert Advisory Group on Language Engineering Standards.
- Repository Grammatical Inference www
Repository of information on grammatical inference, Inference, automata induction, and language acquisition. Grammatical Inference.
- A Link Grammar www
A formalism for the computational parsing of English. Grammar. Includes parser with downloadable source code, English-to-German translator, documentation, bibliography. Link Grammar.
- A European Language Resources Association (ELRA) www
A nonprofit organization serving the commercial language resource community. Language Resources Association (ELRA). Site features quarterly newsletter, official definition of "language resource", and member services. European Language Resources Association (ELRA).
- Machine CMU AI Repository - NLP area www
Machine readable parts of NLP textbooks, Repository - NLP area, NLP corpora and dictionaries, fonts, and software. CMU AI Repository - NLP area.
- Corporation PetaMem www
Corporation developing natural language technology solutions for global business. PetaMem. Includes corporate information, some online demos and catalog of services. PetaMem.
- Scientific Crux Editions www
Scientific publisher and consultant specializing in language technology. Crux Editions.
- A Bibliography of Research in Natural Language Generation www
A part of the Computer Science Bibliography Collection, Research in Natural Language Generation, providing references for papers published through 1994. Searchable, browsable. Bibliography of Research in Natural Language Generation.
- Contains The Simon Laven Page www
Contains various chatterbots, Simon Laven Page, chatrooms, news and papers. The Simon Laven Page.
- A Gnod: The Global Network Of Dreams www
A self-adapting system which searches the web on the basis of user input. The Global Network Of Dreams. "A search-engine for things you don't know about." Gnod: The Global Network Of Dreams.
- Programming Programming by Example www
Programming by example (or by demonstration) is a technique for teaching the computer new behavior by demonstrating actions on concrete examples. Example. The system records user actions and generalizes a program that can be used in new examples. Programming by Example.
- A Reinforcement Learning Repository www
A centralized resource for researchers of reinforcement learning. Learning Repository. Maintained at University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Reinforcement Learning Repository.
- A Natural Language Software Registry www
A directory of academic, Language Software Registry, commercial and proprietary software with specifications and licensing terms. From DFKI Saarbrücken. Natural Language Software Registry.
- Graphically KPML Access Page www
Graphically based language engineering program, Access Page, developed for working with large-scale grammars under the Systemic Formal Linguistics framework. Downloadable program images, documentation, resources and source code. KPML Access Page.
- Turing's Computing Machinery and Intelligence www
Turing's original 1950 article on machine intelligence, Machinery and Intelligence, where he introduces the famous Turing Test, and started this profound multi-decade debate. Computing Machinery and Intelligence.
- Essay Turing Machines and Universes www
Essay exploring Turing Machine theory from quantum mechanical and universal perspectives. Turing Machines and Universes.
- Includes AI from TAU www
Includes Artificial Intelligence links index from Tel-Aviv University, from TAU, Israel. Created and maintained by Yossi Mamroud, TAU's Philosophy Department. AI from TAU.
- Essays, Generation5.org www
Essays, Generation5.org, interviews and original programs, code, and news bulletins. Generation5.org.
- Alexa: Natural Language Artificial Intelligence
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Natural Language Artificial Intelligence
- DMOZ: Natural Language Artificial Intelligence
dmoz.org Directory: Natural Language Artificial Intelligence