Natural Language Processing has two major sub-categories: text and speech. Both include activities like: recognizing distinct words, deciding what part-of-speech the word is, parsing an utterance into phrases, generating new text-speech and translating text-speech from one language to another. Each of these steps has its own community of researchers. Natural Language Artificial Intelligence Computers.
In neuropsychology, linguistics and the philosophy of language, a natural language or ordinary language is any language that has evolved naturally in humans through use and repetition without conscious planning or premeditation. (wikipedia)
- Racter (Artificial Intelligence)
- ALICE (Artificial Intelligence)
- Wikipedia: In neuropsychology, linguistics and the philosophy of language, a natural language or ordinary language is any language that has evolved naturally in humans through use and repetition without conscious planning or premeditation. Natural languages can take different forms, such as speech or signing. They are distinguished from constructed and formal languages such as those used to program computers or to study logic.
- Language acquisition - Language acquisition is the process by which humans acquire the capacity to perceive and comprehend language, as well as to produce and use words and sentences to communicate. Language acquisition is one of the quintessential human traits, because non-humans do not communicate by using language.
- Origin of language - The first language in the human species has been the topic of scholarly discussions for several centuries. There is no consensus on the origin or age of human language. The topic is difficult to study because of the lack of direct evidence.
- Neuropsychological assessment
- Philosophical logic
- Philosophy of language
- Natural language processing
- Ai Research www
Focuses on creating genuine Artificial Intelligence - the technology that enables machines to converse with humans in natural language. Research. Based on a groundbreaking approach, Ai's technology will pass the Turing Test for machine intelligence by 2011.
- A Bibliography of Research in Natural Language Generation www
A part of the Computer Science Bibliography Collection, Research in Natural Language Generation, providing references for papers published through 1994. Searchable, browsable. Bibliography of Research in Natural Language Generation.
- Mobile VerbMobil www
Mobile translation system for the translation of spontaneous speech in face-to-face situations. VerbMobil.
- A EAGLES: Expert Advisory Group on Language Engineering Standards www
A European Commission initiative to provide standards for linguistic engineering applications such as corpora, Expert Advisory Group on Language Engineering Standards, lexicons, mark-up languages and software. Contains current guidelines. EAGLES: Expert Advisory Group on Language Engineering Standards.
- A Language Technology World www
A portal on the range of technologies that deal with human language. Technology World. News, conferences, projects, organisations, systems, and resources. Language Technology World.
- A Link Grammar www
A formalism for the computational parsing of English. Grammar. Includes parser with downloadable source code, English-to-German translator, documentation, bibliography. Link Grammar.
- Develops Mingsee, Inc. www
Develops systems which enable computers to analyse and "understand" text by using proprietary algorithms. Mingsee, Inc..
- The The European Language Resource Distribution Agency (ELDA) www
The practical arm of the ELRA agency, European Language Resource Distribution Agency (ELDA), dedicated to solving practical and legal problems in the distribution of language resources. Legal information, catalog of resources for sale, current projects. The European Language Resource Distribution Agency (ELDA).
- Information Australasian Language Technology Association www
Information about language technology in Australia and New Zealand. Language Technology Association. Includes mailing lists, general information, and links to research and training in Australasia. Australasian Language Technology Association.
- Corporation PetaMem www
Corporation developing natural language technology solutions for global business. PetaMem. Includes corporate information, some online demos and catalog of services. PetaMem.
- Scientific Crux Editions www
Scientific publisher and consultant specializing in language technology. Crux Editions.
- Repository Grammatical Inference www
Repository of information on grammatical inference, Inference, automata induction, and language acquisition. Grammatical Inference.
- A Language Technologies Institute www
A research program at Carnegie Mellon University, Technologies Institute, focusing on machine translation and speech processing. Includes news, admissions procedures, staff profiles and current projects. Language Technologies Institute.
- Selected Natural Language FAQs www
Selected FAQ lists from Usenet groups related to natural language processing. Natural Language FAQs.
- A European Language Resources Association (ELRA) www
A nonprofit organization serving the commercial language resource community. Language Resources Association (ELRA). Site features quarterly newsletter, official definition of "language resource", and member services. European Language Resources Association (ELRA).
- Machine CMU AI Repository - NLP area www
Machine readable parts of NLP textbooks, Repository - NLP area, NLP corpora and dictionaries, fonts, and software. CMU AI Repository - NLP area.
- Create Clyr Inc. www
Create custom natural language processing software. Clyr Inc..
- Hobby ALIMbot www
Hobby project written in Visual Basic 6. ALIMbot.0 by M.F. Wahid. ALIM, in Classical Arabic, means the one who has knowledge. ALIMbot is an Artificially Intelligent chatbot that tries to effectively react to the user input. ALIMbot.
- Site Integrated Optimization - Artificial Intelligence www
Site dedicated to research of artificial intelligence algorithms applied to information retrieval, Optimization - Artificial Intelligence, data mining and optimization methods. Includes FAQs and AI resources for math/science teachers and students. Integrated Optimization - Artificial Intelligence.
- Resources Machine learning for user modeling www
Resources for researchers and practitioners interested in the use of learning techniques in intelligent, learning for user modeling, user-adaptive systems. Machine learning for user modeling.
- Company Cogilex www
Company offering expert services and customized tools for natural language processing. Cogilex. Site features demo download of the "QuickTag and QuickParse" utility for Windows, also online tools. Cogilex.
- Proprietary ARIES Natural Language Tools www
Proprietary tools for the lexical work on the Spanish language. Natural Language Tools. Free demo, documentation. ARIES Natural Language Tools.
- A Turing Test Page www
A list of online resources pertaining to all aspects of the Turing test, Test Page, including background reading and chatbot links. Turing Test Page.
- Essay Turing Machines and Universes www
Essay exploring Turing Machine theory from quantum mechanical and universal perspectives. Turing Machines and Universes.
- SIGART SIGART Electronic Information Services www
SIGART is the ACM Special Interest Group on Artificial Intelligence. SIGART Electronic Information Services.
- Community Artificial Intelligence Depot www
Community discussions, Intelligence Depot, regular tutorials, daily news, and a searchable knowledge base. Artificial Intelligence Depot.
- Alexa: Natural Language Artificial Intelligence
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Natural Language Artificial Intelligence
- DMOZ: Natural Language Artificial Intelligence
dmoz.org Directory: Natural Language Artificial Intelligence