This section is for artificial life information, simulations, discussions and related sub topics like art and games. Artificial Life Computers.
Artificial life (often abbreviated ALife or A-Life ) is a field of study wherein researchers examine systems related to natural life, its processes, and its evolution, through the use of simulations with computer models, robotics, and biochemistry. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Artificial life is a field of study wherein researchers examine systems related to natural life, its processes, and its evolution, through the use of simulations with computer models, robotics, and biochemistry. The discipline was named by Christopher Langton, an American theoretical biologist, in 1986. There are three main kinds of alife, named for their approaches: soft, from software; hard, from hardware; and wet, from biochemistry. Artificial life researchers study traditional biology by trying to recreate aspects of biological phenomena.
- Artificial life Category
- CALResCo CALresCo - Complexity and Alife Research and information www
CALResCo promotes free world-wide education about Complex Systems CALresCo - Complexity and Alife Research and information.
- Simulations Boids: A Distributed Behavioral Model www
Simulations of group motion in flocks, Distributed Behavioral Model, herds, and schools, along with related phenomena. Includes many links to related applications and research, e.g. Artificial Life. Boids: A Distributed Behavioral Model.
- Artificial Artificial Life and Other Experiments www
Artificial life and genetic algorithm experiments in java and tcl with free source code; 3D doll pictures and web design experiments. Artificial Life and Other Experiments.
- Promotes alife.net www
Promotes the artificial life community by offering news, alife.net, discussions, polls, software. Free registration. alife.net.
- Erik Artificial Life Links www
Erik Max Francis' categorized list of links to sites regarding artificial life and related fields. Artificial Life Links.
- Developer Alife Games www
Developer of artificial life worlds as free software with open source code, Games, with the eventual aim of creating true artificial intelligence. Applications include a dungeon generator written in C++, and a shooter game for Windows. Alife Games.
- From Aritificial Life FAQ www
From the newsgroup comp. Life FAQ.ai.alife. Aritificial Life FAQ.
- Alastair Geb - Evolving AI-Life www
Alastair Channon's artificial life project. Geb - Evolving AI-Life.
- comp.ai.alife comp.ai.alife Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) www
comp. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).ai.alife Frequently Asked Questions comp.ai.alife Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- A CALT Encyclopedia -- Artificial Life www
A collection of resources related to artificial life. Encyclopedia -- Artificial Life. Includes a section for social sciences (social micro-simulation) CALT Encyclopedia -- Artificial Life.
- Contains Lotus Artificial Life www
Contains various java applications related to artificial life. Lotus Artificial Life.
- Links Ms Guidance on Artificial Life www
Links and resources. Ms Guidance on Artificial Life.
- Portal International Society of Artificial Life www
Portal with information on conferences, Society of Artificial Life, publications, and activities of the society. International Society of Artificial Life.
- A glAnts www
A sourceforge project for a combination game and simulation that allows interaction with simple artificial ants. glAnts.
- An International Society for Adaptive Behavior www
An international scientific society devoted to education and furthering research on adaptive behavior in animals, Society for Adaptive Behavior, animats, software agents, and robots. International Society for Adaptive Behavior.
- Some Artificial Life by Jpr www
Some of the main alife topics illustrated by applets or applications. Life by Jpr. A link section is also available. Artificial Life by Jpr.
- A Biota.org www
A group project exploring living 3D aesthetic worlds. Biota.org.
- A A-life Links www
A list of alife resources compiled by Lachlan Cranswick. A-life Links.
- Links Artificial Intelligence - Artificial Life www
Links to artificial life/intelligence projects, Intelligence - Artificial Life, with a collection of links including swarming Java applets. Artificial Intelligence - Artificial Life.
- Agent AgentBuilder www
Agent building software and related information AgentBuilder.
- Discussion CEO's Guide to eCommerce www
Discussion of eCommerce using intelligent agents and business objects. CEO's Guide to eCommerce.
- Optimization Ant Colony Optimization www
Optimization methodology based on ant behaviors. Colony Optimization. The first ACO system was introduced by Marco Dorigo in 1992. ACO was applied to the travelling salesman problem, and to the quadratic assignment problem. Ant Colony Optimization.
- A Simulation of Ant's Emergent Behavior Using StarLogo www
A virtual ant colony was created to investigate the emergent behaviors demonstrated by ants. Ant's Emergent Behavior Using StarLogo. It uses the StarLogo simulation tool. Simulation of Ant's Emergent Behavior Using StarLogo.
- A Karl Sims www
A retrospective gallery with links and interviews. Karl Sims.
- A Emergent Systems: Kenneth E. Rinaldo www
A site of artificial life electronic sculpture that looks to the confluence of the biological and technological. Emergent Systems: Kenneth E. Rinaldo.
- Articles Artilect www
Articles and resources on artificial intelligence, Artilect, physics and neuroscience research. Artilect.
- Resources Heuristics and artificial intelligence in finance and investment www
Resources on general heuristics, and artificial intelligence in finance and investment, neural networks, genetic algorithms, simulated annealing and tabu search: databases, articles, references, journals, software, links, conferences and education. Heuristics and artificial intelligence in finance and investment.
- An Darwin Pond www
An imaginary gene pool, Pond, a primordial puddle of genetic surprises. Free download; Windows. Darwin Pond.
- Lotus Hardware Artificial Life (HAL) www
Lotus Artificial Life's Java cellular automata substrate capable of supporting evolving, Artificial Life (HAL), self-reproducing organisms which are capable of universal computation. Hardware Artificial Life (HAL).
- A Biomimicry.org www
A new science that studies nature's models and then uses these designs and processes to solve human problems. Biomimicry.org.
- Alexa: Artificial Life Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Artificial Life Computers
- DMOZ: Artificial Life Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Artificial Life Computers