Computer science is the scientific discipline which aims to develop and advance knowledge related to computers and computation. Computer Science Computers.
Computer science is a study of the theory, experimentation, and engineering that form the basis for the design and use of computers. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Computer science is the study of the theory, experimentation, and engineering that form the basis for the design and use of computers. It is the scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications and the systematic study of the feasibility, structure, expression, and mechanization of the methodical procedures that underlie the acquisition, representation, processing, storage, communication of, and access to information. An alternate, more succinct definition of computer science is the study of automating algorithmic processes that scale. A computer scientist specializes in the theory of computation and the design of computational systems.
- Computer science Category
- Academic genealogy of computer scientists - The following is an academic genealogy of computer scientists and is constructed by following the pedigree of thesis advisors.
- Association for Computing Machinery - The Association for Computing Machinery is an international learned society for computing. It was founded in 1947 and is the world's largest scientific and educational computing society. It is a not-for-profit professional membership group. Its membership is more than 100,000 as of 2011.
- Computer Science Teachers Association - The Computer Science Teachers Association is a professional association that supports and encourages education in the field of computer science and related areas.
- Informatics and Engineering informatics .
- Outline of software engineering - Software engineering ? application of a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the development, operation, and maintenance of software; that is the application of engineering to software.
- Technology transfer in computer science - Technology transfer in computer science refers to the transfer of technology developed in computer science or applied computing research, from universities and governments to the private sector.
- Computer engineering
- Electrical engineering
- DBLP: Conferences and Workshops www
Large list of Computer Science Conferences and Workshops : past, Conferences and Workshops, present and future.
- Carnegie Computer Science Academic Departments www
Carnegie Mellon list Computer Science Academic Departments.
- Computer ACM Curricula Recommendations www
Computer Science curricula recommendations for graduate, Curricula Recommendations, undergraduate, and high school. ACM Curricula Recommendations.
- Information On the Road to Algorithms www
Information on algorithms such as Bubble Sort and Random Number Generation, the Road to Algorithms, using HTML, Java and Perl. Collected by Lam Ka Chun (Raymond). On the Road to Algorithms.
- A Dictionary of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problems www
A dictionary of algorithms, Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problems, algorithmic techniques, data structures, and archetypical problems, with related definitions. Many entries have links to implementations, tutorials, and bibliographical references. Dictionary of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problems.
- Free CMU Artificial Intelligence Repository www
Free software and materials of general interest to AI researchers, Artificial Intelligence Repository, educators, students, and practitioners. CMU Artificial Intelligence Repository.
- Introductory AI Topics www
Introductory resources concerning artificial intelligence and its many dimensions. AI Topics.
- A glAnts www
A sourceforge project for a combination game and simulation that allows interaction with simple artificial ants. glAnts.
- Portal International Society of Artificial Life www
Portal with information on conferences, Society of Artificial Life, publications, and activities of the society. International Society of Artificial Life.
- University Visualization and Interactive Systems Group (VIS) www
University of California Irvine. and Interactive Systems Group (VIS). Conducts research in the areas of scientific visualization, virtual reality, image based modeling and rendering, volume visualization and biomedical imaging. Visualization and Interactive Systems Group (VIS).
- Conducts Center for Human Modeling and Simulation www
Conducts research in computer graphics modeling and animation techniques for embodied agents, for Human Modeling and Simulation, virtual humans, and their applications. Center for Human Modeling and Simulation.
- Open Electronic Workshops in Computing (eWiC) www
Open access series published by BCS, Workshops in Computing (eWiC), The Chartered Institute for IT, which includes the proceedings of workshops and conferences on a wide range of computing topics. Electronic Workshops in Computing (eWiC).
- Alexa: Computer Science Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Computer Science Computers
- DMOZ: Computer Science Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Computer Science Computers