Computer science is the scientific discipline which aims to develop and advance knowledge related to computers and computation. Computer Science Computers.
Computer science is a study of the theory, experimentation, and engineering that form the basis for the design and use of computers. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Computer science is the study of the theory, experimentation, and engineering that form the basis for the design and use of computers. It is the scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications and the systematic study of the feasibility, structure, expression, and mechanization of the methodical procedures that underlie the acquisition, representation, processing, storage, communication of, and access to information. An alternate, more succinct definition of computer science is the study of automating algorithmic processes that scale. A computer scientist specializes in the theory of computation and the design of computational systems.
- Computer science Category
- Academic genealogy of computer scientists - The following is an academic genealogy of computer scientists and is constructed by following the pedigree of thesis advisors.
- Association for Computing Machinery - The Association for Computing Machinery is an international learned society for computing. It was founded in 1947 and is the world's largest scientific and educational computing society. It is a not-for-profit professional membership group. Its membership is more than 100,000 as of 2011.
- Computer Science Teachers Association - The Computer Science Teachers Association is a professional association that supports and encourages education in the field of computer science and related areas.
- Informatics and Engineering informatics .
- Outline of software engineering - Software engineering ? application of a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the development, operation, and maintenance of software; that is the application of engineering to software.
- Technology transfer in computer science - Technology transfer in computer science refers to the transfer of technology developed in computer science or applied computing research, from universities and governments to the private sector.
- Computer engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Computer ACM Curricula Recommendations www
Computer Science curricula recommendations for graduate, Curricula Recommendations, undergraduate, and high school. ACM Curricula Recommendations.
- Carnegie Computer Science Academic Departments www
Carnegie Mellon list Computer Science Academic Departments.
- A Problems in Analysis of Algorithms www
A list of open problems with updates and solutions. Problems in Analysis of Algorithms.
- A Algorithm Design Paradigms www
A course by Paul Dunne at the University of Liverpool. Design Paradigms. Slides and notes in HTML and PS. Algorithm Design Paradigms.
- Introductory AI Topics www
Introductory resources concerning artificial intelligence and its many dimensions. AI Topics.
- SIGART SIGART Electronic Information Services www
SIGART is the ACM Special Interest Group on Artificial Intelligence. SIGART Electronic Information Services.
- Portal International Society of Artificial Life www
Portal with information on conferences, Society of Artificial Life, publications, and activities of the society. International Society of Artificial Life.
- Artificial Artificial Life and Other Experiments www
Artificial life and genetic algorithm experiments in java and tcl with free source code; 3D doll pictures and web design experiments. Artificial Life and Other Experiments.
- Houses MIT Computer Graphics Group www
Houses several research groups working on the latest computer graphics technology. MIT Computer Graphics Group.
- Research Computer Graphics at the University of Utah www
Research efforts in immersive environments, Graphics at the University of Utah, modelling, CAM, scientific visualization, medical illustration, terrain modeling and rendering, haptics (force-feedback), realistic and non-photorealistic rendering. Computer Graphics at the University of Utah.
- IEEE IEEE Conferences www
IEEE hosts more than 300 conferences each year in a wide range of technical, Conferences, professional, standards, education, and career-related subjects. IEEE Conferences.
- Searchable All Conferences Directory www
Searchable database of Computer Science and Technology conferences. Conferences Directory. Organizes conferences by category and offers information regarding paper submission deadlines. All Conferences Directory.
- Alexa: Computer Science Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Computer Science Computers
- DMOZ: Computer Science Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Computer Science Computers