Computer science is the scientific discipline which aims to develop and advance knowledge related to computers and computation. Computer Science Computers.
Computer science is a study of the theory, experimentation, and engineering that form the basis for the design and use of computers. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Computer science is the study of the theory, experimentation, and engineering that form the basis for the design and use of computers. It is the scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications and the systematic study of the feasibility, structure, expression, and mechanization of the methodical procedures that underlie the acquisition, representation, processing, storage, communication of, and access to information. An alternate, more succinct definition of computer science is the study of automating algorithmic processes that scale. A computer scientist specializes in the theory of computation and the design of computational systems.
- Computer science Category
- Academic genealogy of computer scientists - The following is an academic genealogy of computer scientists and is constructed by following the pedigree of thesis advisors.
- Association for Computing Machinery - The Association for Computing Machinery is an international learned society for computing. It was founded in 1947 and is the world's largest scientific and educational computing society. It is a not-for-profit professional membership group. Its membership is more than 100,000 as of 2011.
- Computer Science Teachers Association - The Computer Science Teachers Association is a professional association that supports and encourages education in the field of computer science and related areas.
- Informatics and Engineering informatics .
- Outline of software engineering - Software engineering ? application of a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the development, operation, and maintenance of software; that is the application of engineering to software.
- Technology transfer in computer science - Technology transfer in computer science refers to the transfer of technology developed in computer science or applied computing research, from universities and governments to the private sector.
- Computer engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Carnegie Computer Science Academic Departments www
Carnegie Mellon list Computer Science Academic Departments.
- Computer ACM Curricula Recommendations www
Computer Science curricula recommendations for graduate, Curricula Recommendations, undergraduate, and high school. ACM Curricula Recommendations.
- Algorithms OOPWeb Algorithms Directory www
Algorithms lecture notes, Algorithms Directory, courses, tutorials, references, guides and online books. OOPWeb Algorithms Directory.
- Special ACM SIGACT www
Special Interest Group on Algorithms and Computation Theory, SIGACT, the ACM special interest group for Theoretical Computer Science. Site has membership information, meetings, reports and a newsletter for members. ACM SIGACT.
- Resources Cognitive Systems www
Resources on Integrated and Hybrid Intelligent Systems, Systems, maintained at Iowa State University. Cognitive Systems.
- Site The Loebner Prize www
Site of the annual Turing Test contest. The Loebner Prize.
- Links Artificial Intelligence - Artificial Life www
Links to artificial life/intelligence projects, Intelligence - Artificial Life, with a collection of links including swarming Java applets. Artificial Intelligence - Artificial Life.
- A glAnts www
A sourceforge project for a combination game and simulation that allows interaction with simple artificial ants. glAnts.
- EVL Electronic Visualization Laboratory at University of Illinois at Chicago www
EVL is a graduate research laboratory specializing in virtual reality and real-time interactive computer graphics. Electronic Visualization Laboratory at University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Presents Texas University at El Paso - Interval Computations www
Presents a guide to Interval Arithmetic research featuring: open problems, University at El Paso - Interval Computations, applications, generalizations, bibliography, researchers' sites, ftp site, and mailing list. Texas University at El Paso - Interval Computations.
- The SafeComp www
The International Conference on Computer Safety, SafeComp, Reliability and Security. Past and future meetings, proceedings and related links. SafeComp.
- IEEE LICS www
IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science: an annual international forum on theoretical and practical topics in computer science that relate to logic in a broad sense. LICS. Links to past and future meetings, mailing list, newsletters. LICS.
- Alexa: Computer Science Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Computer Science Computers
- DMOZ: Computer Science Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Computer Science Computers