Computer science is the scientific discipline which aims to develop and advance knowledge related to computers and computation. Computer Science Computers.
Computer science is a study of the theory, experimentation, and engineering that form the basis for the design and use of computers. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Computer science is the study of the theory, experimentation, and engineering that form the basis for the design and use of computers. It is the scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications and the systematic study of the feasibility, structure, expression, and mechanization of the methodical procedures that underlie the acquisition, representation, processing, storage, communication of, and access to, information. An alternate, more succinct definition of computer science is the study of automating algorithmic processes that scale. A computer scientist specializes in the theory of computation and the design of computational systems.
- Computer science Category
- Academic genealogy of computer scientists - The following is an academic genealogy of computer scientists and is constructed by following the pedigree of thesis advisors.
- Association for Computing Machinery - The Association for Computing Machinery is an international learned society for computing. It was founded in 1947, and is the world's largest scientific and educational computing society. It is a not-for-profit professional membership group. Its membership is more than 100,000 as of 2011.
- Computer Science Teachers Association - The Computer Science Teachers Association is a professional association that supports and encourages education in the field of computer science and related areas.
- Informatics and Engineering informatics .
- Outline of software engineering - Software engineering ? application of a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the development, operation, and maintenance of software; that is the application of engineering to software.
- Technology transfer in computer science - Technology transfer in computer science refers to the transfer of technology developed in computer science or applied computing research, from universities and governments to the private sector.
- Computer engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Carnegie Computer Science Academic Departments www
Carnegie Mellon list Computer Science Academic Departments.
- Computer ACM Curricula Recommendations www
Computer Science curricula recommendations for graduate, Curricula Recommendations, undergraduate, and high school. ACM Curricula Recommendations.
- Course Combinatorial Algorithms www
Course material, Algorithms, syllabus and notes for a course by Roger Whitney at SDSU. Combinatorial Algorithms.
- Resources Computer Programming Algorithms Directory www
Resources that describe computer programming algorithms. Computer Programming Algorithms Directory.
- Performance Processor Performance www
Performance and evaluation of processors, Performance, assembly programming, and unlimited shareware. Processor Performance.
- KurzweilAI.net Kurzweil Accelerating Intelligence Network www
KurzweilAI. Accelerating Intelligence Network.net explores trends in emerging technologies in the 21st century. Also, it attempts to showcase leading technologies in AI and related fields. Kurzweil Accelerating Intelligence Network.
- A Biota.org www
A group project exploring living 3D aesthetic worlds. Biota.org.
- An International Society for Adaptive Behavior www
An international scientific society devoted to education and furthering research on adaptive behavior in animals, Society for Adaptive Behavior, animats, software agents, and robots. International Society for Adaptive Behavior.
- University Centre of Computer Graphics and Data Visualization www
University of West Bohemia. Computer Graphics and Data Visualization. Research areas include algorithms for computer graphics and visualization,volume data processing, methods for iso-surface extraction, mesh reduction and reconstruction from scattered data, triangular and tetrahedral mesh generation. Centre of Computer Graphics and Data Visualization.
- Researches Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute www
Researches methods for scientific computing and develops integrated problem solving environments to allow scientists to solve computational problems in fields such as numerical mathematics, Computing and Imaging Institute, biophysics, electrocardiography, bioelectric fields in the brain, and medical imaging. Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute.
- Searchable All Conferences Directory www
Searchable database of Computer Science and Technology conferences. Conferences Directory. Organizes conferences by category and offers information regarding paper submission deadlines. All Conferences Directory.
- IEEE LICS www
IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science: an annual international forum on theoretical and practical topics in computer science that relate to logic in a broad sense. LICS. Links to past and future meetings, mailing list, newsletters. LICS.
- Alexa: Computer Science Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Computer Science Computers
- DMOZ: Computer Science Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Computer Science Computers