Computer science is the scientific discipline which aims to develop and advance knowledge related to computers and computation. Computer Science Computers.
Computer science is a study of the theory, experimentation, and engineering that form the basis for the design and use of computers. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Computer science is the study of the theory, experimentation, and engineering that form the basis for the design and use of computers. It is the scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications and the systematic study of the feasibility, structure, expression, and mechanization of the methodical procedures that underlie the acquisition, representation, processing, storage, communication of, and access to, information. An alternate, more succinct definition of computer science is the study of automating algorithmic processes that scale. A computer scientist specializes in the theory of computation and the design of computational systems. See glossary of computer science.
- Computer science Category
- Association for Computing Machinery - The Association for Computing Machinery is an international learned society for computing. It was founded in 1947, and is the world's largest scientific and educational computing society. It is a not-for-profit professional membership group. Its membership is more than 100,000 as of 2011.
- Computer Science Teachers Association - The Computer Science Teachers Association is a professional association that supports and encourages education in the field of computer science and related areas.
- Informatics and Engineering informatics .
- Information technology - Information technology is the use of computers to store, retrieve, transmit, and manipulate data, or information, often in the context of a business or other enterprise. IT is considered to be a subset of information and communications technology.
- Outline of software engineering - Software engineering ? application of a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the development, operation, and maintenance of software; that is the application of engineering to software.
- Technology transfer in computer science - Technology transfer in computer science refers to the transfer of technology developed in computer science or applied computing research, from universities and governments to the private sector.
- Computer engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Computer ACM Curricula Recommendations www
Computer Science curricula recommendations for graduate, Curricula Recommendations, undergraduate, and high school. ACM Curricula Recommendations.
- Carnegie Computer Science Academic Departments www
Carnegie Mellon list Computer Science Academic Departments.
- A Pattern Matching Pointers www
A collection of links for and to researchers in the subject. Pattern Matching Pointers.
- Lecture Web Data Structures and Algorithms www
Lecture notes and links for a course by Godfried Toussaint. Web Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Essays, Generation5.org www
Essays, Generation5.org, interviews and original programs, code, and news bulletins. Generation5.org.
- SIGART SIGART Electronic Information Services www
SIGART is the ACM Special Interest Group on Artificial Intelligence. SIGART Electronic Information Services.
- Links Artificial Intelligence - Artificial Life www
Links to artificial life/intelligence projects, Intelligence - Artificial Life, with a collection of links including swarming Java applets. Artificial Intelligence - Artificial Life.
- From Aritificial Life FAQ www
From the newsgroup comp. Life FAQ.ai.alife. Aritificial Life FAQ.
- Contains Mesa 3D www
Contains documentation, 3D, mailing lists, a bug database, and a downloadable release. Mesa 3D.
- Provides Utah Computer Graphics and Scientific Visualization www
Provides links to sites containing information related to the computer graphics research conducted at the University of Utah. Utah Computer Graphics and Scientific Visualization.
- Links Symposium on the Theory of Computing (STOC) www
Links to the 27th to 35th STOC sites. the Theory of Computing (STOC). Symposium on the Theory of Computing (STOC).
- Open Electronic Workshops in Computing (eWiC) www
Open access series published by BCS, Workshops in Computing (eWiC), The Chartered Institute for IT, which includes the proceedings of workshops and conferences on a wide range of computing topics. Electronic Workshops in Computing (eWiC).
- Alexa: Computer Science Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Computer Science Computers
- DMOZ: Computer Science Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Computer Science Computers