Distributed computing deals with hardware and software systems containing more than one processing element or storage element, concurrent processes, or multiple programs, running under a loosely or tightly controlled regime. In distributed computing a program is split up into parts that run simultaneously on multiple computers communicating over a network. Distributed computing is a form of parallel computing, but parallel computing is most commonly used to describe program parts running simultaneously on multiple processors in the same computer. Both types of processing require dividing a program into parts that can run simultaneously, but distributed programs often must deal with heterogeneous environments, network links of varying latencies, and unpredictable failures in the network or the computers. Distributed Computing Computer Science Computers.
Distributed Computing is a field of computer science that studies distributed systems. A distributed system is a model in which components located on networked computers communicate and coordinate their actions by passing messages. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Distributed computing is a field of computer science that studies distributed systems. A distributed system is a model in which components located on networked computers communicate and coordinate their actions by passing messages. The components interact with each other in order to achieve a common goal. Three significant characteristics of distributed systems are: concurrency of components, lack of a global clock, and independent failure of components. Examples of distributed systems vary from SOA-based systems to massively multiplayer online games to peer-to-peer applications.
- Distributed computing Category
- AppScale - AppScale is an open-source serverless computing platform that automatically deploys and scales unmodified Google App Engine applications over public and private clouds, as well as on-premises clusters.
- BOINC - The Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing, an open-source middleware system, supports volunteer and grid computing.
- Blockchain - A blockchain, originally block chain, is a continuously growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked and secured using cryptography. Each block typically contains a cryptographic hash of the previous block, a timestamp and transaction data.
- Code mobility - In distributed computing, code mobility is the ability for running programs, code or objects to be migrated from one machine or application to another. This is the process of moving mobile code across the nodes of a network as opposed to distributed computation where the data is moved.
- Decentralized computing - Decentralized computing is the allocation of resources, both hardware and software, to each individual workstation, or office location. In contrast, centralized computing exists when the majority of functions are carried out, or obtained from a remote centralized location.
- Distributed algorithmic mechanism design - Distributed algorithmic mechanism design is an extension of algorithmic mechanism design.
- DCcentral www
Introduction to distributed computing in English, DCcentral, French, or Spanish. Includes tutorials, history, and projects.
- A Albatross - Wide Area Cluster Computing www
A project to better understand application behavior on wide-area networks. Wide Area Cluster Computing. Publications, talks, software, status. Albatross - Wide Area Cluster Computing.
- An The Distributed ASCI Supercomputer (DAS) www
An experimental wide-area distributed computing cluster used for parallel computing research at five Dutch universities. Distributed ASCI Supercomputer (DAS). The Distributed ASCI Supercomputer (DAS).
- The The Israeli Association of Grid Technologies (IGT) www
The Israeli Association of Grid Technologies (IGT) The IGT is a non-profit organization of leading vendors, Israeli Association of Grid Technologies (IGT), ISVs, customers and academia, focused on knowledge sharing and networking for developing Enterprise Grid solutions. It is open, independent and vendor-neutral. The Israeli Association of Grid Technologies (IGT).
- Introduction Distributed Computing Primer www
Introduction to organising a distributed computing project. Distributed Computing Primer.
- A The DC Zone www
A growing distributed computing community, Zone, currently focused on Folding@Home, Find-a-Drug, Grid.org, World Community Grid, and DIMES, though open to other projects. The DC Zone.
- A Open Grid Forum (OGF) www
A community-initiated forum of individual researchers and practitioners working on distributed computing, Grid Forum (OGF), or "grid" technologies. Open Grid Forum (OGF).
- Home Flash Mob Computing www
Home of the first Flash Mob Supercomputer and the official site for all things Flash Mob Computing. Flash Mob Computing.
- Computer Is Distributed Computing a Crime? www
Computer network administrator faces multiple felony charges and years in prison for allegedly installing Distributed. Distributed Computing a Crime?.net clients without permission. [SecurityFocus] Is Distributed Computing a Crime?.
- Research Mobile Information and Communication Systems www
Research on self organizing mobile ad hoc networking technology and infrastructure. Information and Communication Systems. Project proposals and publications. Mobile Information and Communication Systems.
- "Grid" Distributed computing gets a corporate twist www
"Grid" technology has largely been an academic phenomenon, computing gets a corporate twist, but IBM gives the idea a corporate twist with its Grid Computing Initiative. [CNet News] Distributed computing gets a corporate twist.
- Breaking Jeff Sutherland's Object Technology Site www
Breaking news on distributed computing, Sutherland's Object Technology Site, object technology, components, and business objects. Jeff Sutherland's Object Technology Site.
- Descriptions, Distributed Systems www
Descriptions, Systems, bibliographies, and links to distributed operating systems, file systems, and computing environments. Distributed Systems.
- World Kasparov Goes Bigger than Blue www
World chess champion Garry Kasparov, Goes Bigger than Blue, famous for tangling with IBM's Deep Blue supercomputer, takes on the world. His latest game uses distributed computing to connect any challenger. By Joyce Slaton. [Wired] Kasparov Goes Bigger than Blue.
- Grid An Eye on Grid Technology www
Grid computing and grid services portal featuring articles, Eye on Grid Technology, papers, news and streaming media content. An Eye on Grid Technology.
- Cluster Vevari www
Cluster management and embedded programming options. Vevari.
- Developers B & M www
Developers of "ServicePilot" suite of tools for analysing and debugging distributed systems. B & M.
- The High Performance Distributed Computing Symposium Home page www
The International Symposium on High Performance Distributed Computing is a forum for presenting the latest research findings on the use of networked systems for high performance distributed computing. High Performance Distributed Computing Symposium Home page.
- ACM PODC www
ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing. PODC. Focuses on theory and design of distributed systems. Links to each year's conference page. PODC.
- Organisatie Distributed.net www
Organisatie die door middel van wereldwijd gebundelde rekenkracht probeert een encryptiesleutel te kraken (RC5) en een optimale Golomb lineaal (OGR) te berekenen. Distributed.net.
- Uitgebreide Distributed Computing volgens de internetencyclopedie Wikipedia www
Uitgebreide beschrijving over Distributed Computing met links naar oa. Computing volgens de internetencyclopedie Wikipedia. enkele projecten en teams die daar aan mee doen. Distributed Computing volgens de internetencyclopedie Wikipedia.
- General LivingInternet.com www
General guide to the Internet, LivingInternet.com, includes sections covering the history of the Web, email, Usenet and other topics. LivingInternet.com.
- International World Wide Web Consortium www
International industry consortium founded in 1994 whose purpose is to develop specifications, Wide Web Consortium, guidelines, software, and tools to promote the Internet's evolution and ensure its interoperability. World Wide Web Consortium.
- Designs First Mobile Technologies www
Designs and manufactures a line of computer docking stations and vehicle mounting equipment for the public safety, Mobile Technologies, utility, and trucking industries. Product catalogs in pdf format. First Mobile Technologies.
- Sun Solstice Intranet Management Products www
Sun Network Management Solstice Intranet Management Products.
- TCP TCPTRACE www
TCP dump file analysis tool TCPTRACE.
- Alexa: Distributed Computing Computer Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Distributed Computing Computer Science
- DMOZ: Distributed Computing Computer Science
dmoz.org Directory: Distributed Computing Computer Science