This section is for distributed computing projects. A distributed computing project is a coordinated attack on a particular computational problem, normally open to public participation through the Internet. The organization that wants to solve the problem writes software that divides up the problem into little pieces, then other people download the software and let it run on their computers when they're not doing anything else. A well-known example is SETI@Home, a search through radio signals looking for alien intelligence. Projects Distributed Computing Computer Science Computers.
One can view projects as temporary (rather than permanent) social systems or as work systems that are constituted by teams within or across organizations to accomplish particular tasks under time constraints. (wikipedia)
- Project An individual or collaborative enterprise, possibly involving research or design, that is...
- Microsoft Project A project management software product, developed and sold by Microsoft.
- DJ Project A Romanian dance music group, initially made up of Gino Manzotti and DJ Maxx as producers and...
- The Project (Australian TV program) A multi-logie award winning Australian news-current affairs and talk show television panel...
- Project (album) The second collaborative studio album by guitarists Greg Howe and Richie Kotzen, released on...
- Pro-Ject A manufacturer of audiophile equipment, founded in 1990 by Heinz Lichtenegger and located in...
- Projection Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Projection'.
- Screensaver Search for Fermat Number Dividers www
Screensaver program tries to find divisors of Fermat numbers. Search for Fermat Number Dividers.
- Research The NorduGrid Project www
Research and Development collaboration aiming at development, NorduGrid Project, maintenance and support of the free Grid middleware known as the Advance Resource Connector (ARC). News, documentation, downloads, and background information. The NorduGrid Project.
- Project Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) Distributed Computing Project www
Project goal is a single run-time environment that ties together several networked supercomputers. Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) Distributed Computing Project. Intended users are the community of scientists and engineers addressing "grand challenge" computations. Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) Distributed Computing Project.
- Distributed Majestic 12 www
Distributed Computing Project aimed towards building the largest search engine index on the Internet using Distributed Crawlers. Majestic 12.
- An How to Join Distributed Computing Projects That Benefit Humanity www
An annotated directory of projects combined with commentary and illustrations or screenshots. How to Join Distributed Computing Projects That Benefit Humanity.
- GPU GPU, a Global Processing Unit www
GPU is an Open Source Gnutella/Pastella client that allows users to share CPU-resources on a truly P2P based cluster. Global Processing Unit. Applications include a Landscape Generator able to generate movies and an experimental Distributed Search Engine. The client is under development. GPU, a Global Processing Unit.
- Kirk Distributedcomputing.info www
Kirk Pearson's directory of current distributed computing projects as well as news articles and related materials. Distributedcomputing.info.
- Boitho Boitho www
Boitho distributed crawler (BETA). Boitho. Goal is to make a general internet search engine with a thumbnail picture of all the pages. Boitho.
- Uses Muon1 Optimisation Project www
Uses PC idle time to simulate and design a particle accelerator. Muon1 Optimisation Project.
- Research Globus Project www
Research project developing a software infrastructure for distributed computing on a world-wide scale. Globus Project.
- Explores The Hunting of the Snark Project www
Explores distributed file sharing through BitTorrent and experiments with the GNU Compiler for Java. Hunting of the Snark Project. It also produces a regular BitTorrent client, torrent creator and tracker program. The Hunting of the Snark Project.
- BOINC Leiden Classical www
BOINC project, Classical, dedicated to general classical dynamics for any scientist or science student. Leiden Classical.
- Uses Einstein@Home www
Uses a computer's idle time to search for spinning neutron stars (also called pulsars) using data from the LIGO and GEO gravitational wave detectors. Einstein@Home.
- Aims The DBGlobe Project www
Aims at developing novel data management techniques to deal with the challenge of global computing. The DBGlobe Project.
- Research Legion: A Worldwide Virtual Computer www
Research project homed at the University of Virginia. Worldwide Virtual Computer. An open specification and prototype for a worldwide virtual computer. Legion: A Worldwide Virtual Computer.
- The Quite Advanced Distributed Parallel Zystem (QADPZ) www
The system allows the management/use of the computational power of idle computers in a network. Advanced Distributed Parallel Zystem (QADPZ). Based on a client-master-slave architecture, using message based communication. Quite Advanced Distributed Parallel Zystem (QADPZ).
- Project Gómez PEER Community www
Project pays select computer users to run a client that tests internet performance. Gómez PEER Community.
- Distributed ABC@home www
Distributed computing project for finding abc-triples related to the mathematical A+B=C, ABC@home, or ABC conjecture. ABC@home.
- Modeled Distributed Proofreaders Europe www
Modeled after the Digital Proofreaders project, Proofreaders Europe, this variation focuses on digitization of works considered to be in the public domain in Europe. Distributed Proofreaders Europe.
- Article American Scientist: Collective Wisdom www
Article discusses the "early days" (pre-1998) of distributed computing projects, Scientist: Collective Wisdom, explains the basics of how they work and how to get them to work well, describes some early successes, and considers how CPU cycles may someday become a commodity to be bought, sold or traded. American Scientist: Collective Wisdom.
- A Grid.org www
A distributed computing effort by the United Devices Global MetaProcessor with the participation of over 2 million PCs worldwide for cancer, Grid.org, anthrax, and smallpox research projects. Grid.org.
- Includes Computing Minimum Equal Sums of Like Power www
Includes client software download, Minimum Equal Sums of Like Power, computation records, and project description on its research into mathematical problems. Computing Minimum Equal Sums of Like Power.
- NGrid NGrid www
NGrid is a . NGrid.Net open source grid computing framework written in C#. NGrid provides a transparent multithread and garbage collected programming model for grid programming. NGrid.
- A PCP@HOME www
A distributed project to find short Post Correspondence Problems with large shortest solutions. PCP@HOME.
- Large-scale ClimatePrediction.Net www
Large-scale simulation where each participant is given one slightly different scenario to run. ClimatePrediction.Net. Those that successfully model past weather patterns will be more likely to accurately predict the future. ClimatePrediction.Net.
- Long Distributed Computing Projects - infoAnarchy Wiki www
Long annotated list. Distributed Computing Projects - infoAnarchy Wiki.
- News Repository of Grid Research Projects www
News and resources on grid computing. Repository of Grid Research Projects.
- Founded Distributed Proofreaders www
Founded to support the digitization of public domain books. Proofreaders. Originally conceived to assist Project Gutenberg, Distributed Proofreaders is now the main source of PG e-books. Distributed Proofreaders.
- Distributed The ChessBrain Network www
Distributed network chess experiment. ChessBrain Network. Intends to create a single playing program using donated time. The ChessBrain Network.
- The SDSC Matrix Project for P2P Grid Workflows www
The SDSC Matrix Project performs research and open-sourced development to deliver the grid workflow protocols and workflow language descriptions necessary to build a peer-to- peer infrastructure for Grid Workflow Management Systems. SDSC Matrix Project for P2P Grid Workflows.
- Currently SZTAKI Desktop Grid www
Currently searches for generalized binary number systems. SZTAKI Desktop Grid.
- Distributed Evolution@Home www
Distributed computing program for evolutionary biology. Evolution@Home.
- Project XGrid@Stanford www
Project of a postdoctoral fellow in Brian Kobilka's lab, XGrid@Stanford, in the Molecular and Cellular Physiology department, Stanford University running large calculations, the purpose being to modelize the conformational changes of the beta 2 adrenergic receptor and have a better understanding of its pharmacology. Runs through Mac OSX-only software called XGrid. How to install and configure the software, news about the project, and a FAQ. XGrid@Stanford.
- Research Mobius www
Research project developing tools and middleware components to coherently share and manage data and metadata in a Grid or distributed computing environment. Mobius.
- Engaged The Virtual Laboratory Project www
Engaged in research, Virtual Laboratory Project, design, and development of Grid technologies that help in solving large-scale compute and data intensive science applications in the area of molecular biology. The Virtual Laboratory Project.
- SIMAP Similarity Matrix of Proteins (SIMAP) www
SIMAP is a public database of pre-calculated protein similarities that plays a key role in many bioinformatics methods. Matrix of Proteins (SIMAP). It contains about all currently published protein sequences and is continuously updated. Similarity Matrix of Proteins (SIMAP).
- Global Worldwide LHC Computing Grid (WLCG) www
Global computing infrastructure to provide the production and analysis environments for the LHC experiments. LHC Computing Grid (WLCG). Worldwide LHC Computing Grid (WLCG).
- Mission World Community Grid www
Mission is to create the largest public computing grid benefiting humanity. Community Grid. Currently supporting the Human Proteome Folding project to provide scientists with data that predicts the shape of a very large number of human proteins. World Community Grid.
- Historical RSA Security: Cryptographic Challenges www
Historical archive only. Security: Cryptographic Challenges. RSA offered prizes for factoring certain large numbers, as well as for breaking RSA and DES encryption schemes. RSA Security: Cryptographic Challenges.
- We Cooperative Caching Midleware (CCM) www
We studied the use of a generic block-based cooperative caching algorithm to co-manage the memory aggregated on a PC cluster Cooperative Caching Midleware (CCM).
- Project Generalized Fermat Primes Search www
Project provides software to search for primes of a specific form. Fermat Primes Search. Coordinated via email. Generalized Fermat Primes Search.
- Online Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search www
Online search for Mersenne prime numbers, Internet Mersenne Prime Search, found largest several primes. Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search.
- QUALCOMM's QUALCOMM - BREW www
QUALCOMM's Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless (BREW). BREW. A complete, open solution for wireless applications development, device configuration, application distribution, billing and payment. QUALCOMM - BREW.
- An OSF Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) www
An industry-standard, Distributed Computing Environment (DCE), vendor-neutral set of distributed computing technologies. Provides scalable organization of users and shared data, along with basic services such as security and naming. OSF Distributed Computing Environment (DCE).
- An Folderol www
An open-sourced distributed computing client for exploring the results of the Human Genome Project. Folderol.
- An POEM@Home www
An academic project to improve understanding of biomolecular structure and function. POEM@Home. All substantial results of POEM@HOME will be published in international peer reviewed journals with proper credit to distributed computing volunteers. POEM@Home.
- Includes Team Discovery Statistics for United Devices and TSC www
Includes member and team statistics, Discovery Statistics for United Devices and TSC, how to join, and why they do it. Team Discovery Statistics for United Devices and TSC.
- Statistics, Team Gäöl www
Statistics, Gäöl, member pages, forum, links and project info. Team Gäöl.
- Evaluates FightAIDSatHome www
Evaluates prospective candidates for drug discovery. FightAIDSatHome.
- Works (D2OL) - Drug Design and Optimization Lab www
Works to discover drug candidates against bioterrorism organisms such as anthrax, Drug Design and Optimization Lab, smallpox, and ebola. (D2OL) - Drug Design and Optimization Lab.
- Computer Is Distributed Computing a Crime? www
Computer network administrator faces multiple felony charges and years in prison for allegedly installing Distributed. Distributed Computing a Crime?.net clients without permission. [SecurityFocus] Is Distributed Computing a Crime?.
- Research Mobile Information and Communication Systems www
Research on self organizing mobile ad hoc networking technology and infrastructure. Information and Communication Systems. Project proposals and publications. Mobile Information and Communication Systems.
- Alexa: Projects Distributed Computing
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Projects Distributed Computing
- DMOZ: Projects Distributed Computing
dmoz.org Directory: Projects Distributed Computing