The transfer of data between points. This includes all manual and machine operations necessary for this transfer. In short, the movement of encoded information by means of transmission systems. Data Communications Computers.
A computer network or data network is a telecommunications network which allows computers to exchange data. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Data transmission also data communication or digital communications is the transfer of data over a point-to-point or point-to-multipoint communication channel. Examples of such channels are copper wires, optical fibers, wireless communication channels, storage media and computer buses. The data are represented as an electromagnetic signal, such as an electrical voltage, radiowave, microwave, or infrared signal.
- Data transmission Category
- Computer networking - A computer network, or data network, is a digital telecommunications network which allows nodes to share resources.
- Data migration - Data migration is the process of transferring data between computer storage types or file formats. It is a key consideration for any system implementation, upgrade, or consolidation. Data migration is performed to achieve an automated migration, freeing up human resources from tedious tasks.
- Information theory - Information theory studies the quantification, storage, and communication of information.
- Media (communication) - Media are the collective communication outlets or tools used to store and deliver information or data.
- Network security - Network security consists of the policies and practices adopted to prevent and monitor unauthorized access, misuse, modification, or denial of a computer network and network-accessible resources.
- Node-to-node data transfer - In telecommunications, node-to-node data transfer is the movement of data from one node of a network to the next. In the OSI model it is handled by the lowest two layers, the data link layer and the physical layer.
- Media technology
- Computer networking
- Simple CableSense www
Simple tutorials for sharing an Internet connection, CableSense, speed tweaking and networking. CableSense.
- Optimize OOL - Optimum Online www
Optimize your cable modem step by step for optimal performance. OOL - Optimum Online.
- A DSL Prime www
A news letter that covers the technology and business. DSL Prime.
- Search Network World Fusion www
Search engine for DSL related documents and resources. Network World Fusion.
- All DCB's T1 Info www
All you wanted to know about T1's but were afraid to ask. DCB's T1 Info.
- Sponsored Committee T1 www
Sponsored by the Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions and accredited by ANSI for interoperability standards. Committee T1.
- Gespecialiseerd Procab www
Gespecialiseerd in het ontwikkelen van op maat gemaakte data- en andere verbindingen. Procab.
- Groep Stedenlink www
Groep Nederlandse steden die voorop willen lopen bij het gebruik van computer- en telecommunicatienetwerken. Stedenlink. Met agenda, nieuws en overzicht van projecten en publicaties. Stedenlink.
- Courses Accent on Networks www
Courses and training in various data communications subjects including ATM, Networks, MPLS, IP and Frame Relay. Accent on Networks.
- Development Vector Instructional Design www
Development of instructional materials for the telecommunications industry. Vector Instructional Design.
- Definition What Is...Ethernet www
Definition from Whatis. Is...Ethernet.com. The most commonly installed carrier protocol technology for local area networks. What Is...Ethernet.
- A TechFest Ethernet Technical Summary www
A largely complete overview of all Ethernet standards including Frame Structure, Ethernet Technical Summary, MAC, Physical Layer, and cabling. TechFest Ethernet Technical Summary.
- Alexa: Data Communications Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Data Communications Computers
- DMOZ: Data Communications Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Data Communications Computers