The transfer of data between points. This includes all manual and machine operations necessary for this transfer. In short, the movement of encoded information by means of transmission systems. Data Communications Computers.
A computer network or data network is a telecommunications network which allows computers to exchange data. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Data transmission is the transfer of data over a point-to-point or point-to-multipoint communication channel. Examples of such channels are copper wires, optical fibers, wireless communication channels, storage media and computer buses. The data are represented as an electromagnetic signal, such as an electrical voltage, radiowave, microwave, or infrared signal.
- Data transmission Category
- Computer networking - A computer network, or data network, is a digital telecommunications network which allows nodes to share resources.
- Data migration - Data migration is the process of transferring data between computer storage types or file formats. It is a key consideration for any system implementation, upgrade, or consolidation. Data migration is performed to achieve an automated migration, freeing up human resources from tedious tasks.
- Information theory - Information theory studies the quantification, storage, and communication of information.
- Media (communication) - Media are the collective communication outlets or tools used to store and deliver information or data.
- Network security - Network security consists of the policies and practices adopted to prevent and monitor unauthorized access, misuse, modification, or denial of a computer network and network-accessible resources.
- Node-to-node data transfer - In telecommunications, node-to-node data transfer is the movement of data from one node of a network to the next. In the OSI model it is handled by the lowest two layers, the data link layer and the physical layer.
- Media technology
- Computer networking
- Illustrated How Stuff Works: Cable Modems www
Illustrated tutorial on the inner workings of cable modems w/links. How Stuff Works: Cable Modems.
- A Cable Datacom News www
A news source that tracks cable Internet technology and services. Cable Datacom News.
- Find Broadband Reports www
Find DSL availability and prices for your zipcode. Reports. Source for all types of xDSL information, end-user reviews and ratings, discussions. Benchmark your line speed. Broadband Reports.
- Information Everything DSL www
Information on DSL with updated news and discussion board. DSL. Links to hardware vendors, consultants and ISPs. Everything DSL.
- Webopedia T-1 Carrier www
Webopedia definition and links about T1. T-1 Carrier.
- All DCB's T1 Info www
All you wanted to know about T1's but were afraid to ask. DCB's T1 Info.
- Internetwinkel Router Shop www
Internetwinkel voor netwerkcomponenten ten behoeve van datacommunicatie. Router Shop.
- Datacommunicatie-oplossingen Devolo www
Datacommunicatie-oplossingen voor thuis- en zakelijk gebruik. Devolo.
- Associated CableU.net www
Associated with Fotec, CableU.net, provides training and training materials useful to installers, end-users, or instructors. Free online instruction shows you the course. The necessary hands-on tools and materials can be ordered. CableU.net.
- Interactive NetCBT www
Interactive training courses in the areas of: networking technologies, NetCBT, network design, network cabling and cabling installation. NetCBT.
- One ISO/IEC 8802-3:1996 www
One of standards broadly associated with "Ethernet", 8802-3:1996, ISO/IEC 8802-3. ISO/IEC 8802-3:1996.
- A Dan Kegel's Fast Ethernet Page www
A collection of links to WWW and FTP documents on other servers. Dan Kegel's Fast Ethernet Page.
- Alexa: Data Communications Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Data Communications Computers
- DMOZ: Data Communications Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Data Communications Computers