Sites with information about electronic books, including e-book guides, news reports on e-book business and technology, and pages about electronic book readers. Also includes gateways to the related ODP categories for e-book titles, stores, and publishers. Electronic books are a communications medium, just like regular books, or CD-ROMS, are communications mediums. Types of electronic books include: electronic texts, or e-texts; and electronic reading devices. E-Books Computers.
- Wikipedia: An electronic book is a book publication made available in digital form, consisting of text, images, or both, readable on the flat-panel display of computers or other electronic devices. Although sometimes defined as "an electronic version of a printed book", some e-books exist without a printed equivalent.
- Accessible publishing - Accessible publishing is an approach to publishing and book design whereby books and other texts are made available in alternative formats designed to aid or replace the reading process.
- Book scanning - Book scanning is the process of converting physical books and magazines into digital media such as images, electronic text, or electronic books by using an image scanner.
- Blook - A blook is a printed book that contains or is based on content from a blog.
- Cell phone novel - A cell phone novel, or mobile phone novel, is a literary work originally written on a cellular phone via text messaging. This type of literature originated in Japan, where it has become a popular literary genre.
- Digital library - A digital library is a special library with a collection of digital objects that can include text, visual material, audio material, video material, stored as electronic media formats, along with means for organizing, storing, and retrieving the files and media contained in the library collection.
- Networked book - A networked book is an open book designed to be written, edited, and read in a networked environment. It is also a platform for social exchange, and is potentially linked to other books and other discussions. Wikipedia can be considered a networked book.
- Book formats
- Web fiction
- Electronic paper technology
- New media
- Viewpoints Research Institute www
Nonprofit organization dedicated to improving general education and understanding of complex systems, Research Institute, more so by using new inventions in interactive constructive computing, directed by some of the most experienced researchers in computer science. California, USA.
- Blog TeleRead www
Blog sharing news and views on e-books, TeleRead, libraries, publishing and related topics. TeleRead.
- Hyperlinked Wikipedia - E-book www
Hyperlinked encyclopedia article provides information on the history, E-book, formats, production and issues of eBooks. Wikipedia - E-book.
- Trade International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF) www
Trade and standards association for the digital publishing industry. Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF). International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF).
- Discussion Yahoo! Groups - The eBook Community www
Discussion group devoted to e-books, Groups - The eBook Community, the e-book industry, and related topics. Membership required to access the online archives. Yahoo! Groups - The eBook Community.
- Discussions EBookFriends.com www
Discussions for authors, EBookFriends.com, publishers, and marketers of electronic books. EBookFriends.com.
- Creates KeeBoo www
Creates 3D web based E-books. KeeBoo. Trial download is available. KeeBoo.
- Product V-Book Compiler www
Product information, Compiler, screenshots, and trial download. V-Book Compiler.
- Contains Digital Book World Conference 2012 www
Contains the sessions of the conference, Book World Conference 2012, schedule, speakers, the conference council and contact information. Digital Book World Conference 2012.
- Informatie e-Books.nl www
Informatie over het kopen, e-Books.nl, verkopen en schrijven van digitale publicaties. e-Books.nl.
- Inleiding Digitaal Publiceren www
Inleiding tot het schrijven en uitgeven van elektronische boeken en brochures. Digitaal Publiceren.
- Basic Build E Library www
Basic information on formats and devices, Library, with links. Build E Library.
- Report Displaying Digital Information on Paper-like Devices www
Report on the technology and companies involved with e-ink. Displaying Digital Information on Paper-like Devices.
- Abstract, Building Your Own Dynamic Language is Fun and Easy www
Abstract, Your Own Dynamic Language is Fun and Easy, slide show, references, from First Steps on the Road to Reinventing Computing, by Ian Piumarta, Viewpoints Research Institute. Stanford EE Computer Systems Colloquium, 2007 Feb 14. Building Your Own Dynamic Language is Fun and Easy.
- Alexa: E-Books Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: E-Books Computers
- DMOZ: E-Books Computers
dmoz.org Directory: E-Books Computers