Sites with information about electronic books, including e-book guides, news reports on e-book business and technology, and pages about electronic book readers. Also includes gateways to the related ODP categories for e-book titles, stores, and publishers. Electronic books are a communications medium, just like regular books, or CD-ROMS, are communications mediums. Types of electronic books include: electronic texts, or e-texts; and electronic reading devices. E-Books Computers.
- Wikipedia: An electronic book is a book publication made available in digital form, consisting of text, images, or both, readable on the flat-panel display of computers or other electronic devices. Although sometimes defined as "an electronic version of a printed book", some e-books exist without a printed equivalent.
- Accessible publishing - Accessible publishing is an approach to publishing and book design whereby books and other texts are made available in alternative formats designed to aid or replace the reading process.
- Book scanning - Book scanning is the process of converting physical books and magazines into digital media such as images, electronic text, or electronic books by using an image scanner.
- Blook - A blook is a printed book that contains or is based on content from a blog.
- Cell phone novel - A cell phone novel, or mobile phone novel, is a literary work originally written on a cellular phone via text messaging. This type of literature originated in Japan, where it has become a popular literary genre.
- Digital library - A digital library is a special library with a collection of digital objects that can include text, visual material, audio material, video material, stored as electronic media formats, along with means for organizing, storing, and retrieving the files and media contained in the library collection.
- Networked book - A networked book is an open book designed to be written, edited, and read in a networked environment. It is also a platform for social exchange, and is potentially linked to other books and other discussions. Wikipedia can be considered a networked book.
- Book formats
- Web fiction
- Electronic paper technology
- New media
- Hyperlinked Wikipedia - E-book www
Hyperlinked encyclopedia article provides information on the history, E-book, formats, production and issues of eBooks. Wikipedia - E-book.
- Blog TeleRead www
Blog sharing news and views on e-books, TeleRead, libraries, publishing and related topics. TeleRead.
- Trade International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF) www
Trade and standards association for the digital publishing industry. Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF). International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF).
- Discussion Yahoo! Groups - The eBook Community www
Discussion group devoted to e-books, Groups - The eBook Community, the e-book industry, and related topics. Membership required to access the online archives. Yahoo! Groups - The eBook Community.
- A OpenReader Consortium www
A cooperative project to create a universal, Consortium, open standards digital publication distribution format which will be platform-independent and capable of high typographic presentation quality. Suspended in August 2007. OpenReader Consortium.
- Creates KeeBoo www
Creates 3D web based E-books. KeeBoo. Trial download is available. KeeBoo.
- Generates CoverFactory.com www
Generates 3D virtual box graphics and e-book cover art in JPEG format. CoverFactory.com.
- Contains Digital Book World Conference 2012 www
Contains the sessions of the conference, Book World Conference 2012, schedule, speakers, the conference council and contact information. Digital Book World Conference 2012.
- Dossier NRC: Elektronisch uitgeven www
Dossier met nieuws en achtergronden over hoe de Nederlandse uitgevers omgaan met de migratie van hun producten naar internet. NRC: Elektronisch uitgeven.
- Nieuws Digibieb www
Nieuws en artikelen over e-books en gerelateerde hardware. Digibieb.
- Basic Build E Library www
Basic information on formats and devices, Library, with links. Build E Library.
- A Electronic Books in Libraries www
A study by Rochester area libraries evaluating the uses and the feasibility of e-books in library settings. Books in Libraries. With industry and project information. Electronic Books in Libraries.
- Together, Kay + Hillis www
Together, Hillis, two legendary minds: Alan Kay, Danny Hillis. The result: a fast-forward, neuron-boggling, early-warning scan of the future. [Wired] Kay + Hillis.
- By Predicting The Future www
By Alan C. The Future. Kay; essay on how things get invented, and how to do better. [Stanford Engineering] Predicting The Future.
- Alexa: E-Books Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: E-Books Computers
- DMOZ: E-Books Computers
dmoz.org Directory: E-Books Computers