Barcode fonts are special fonts used in packaging and sorting that use vertical bars (that can be easily read by scanners) in place of numbers or letters. Barcode Fonts Graphics Computers.
A barcode is an optical, machine-readable, representation of data; the data usually describes something about the object that carries the barcode. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A barcode is an optical, machine-readable, representation of data; the data usually describes something about the object that carries the barcode. Traditional barcodes systematically represent data by varying the widths and spacings of parallel lines, and may be referred to as linear or one-dimensional. Later, two-dimensional variants were developed, using rectangles, dots, hexagons and other geometric patterns, called matrix codes or 2D barcodes, although they do not use bars as such. Initially, barcodes were only scanned by special optical scanners called barcode readers. Later application software became available for devices that could read images, such as smartphones with cameras.
- Automated identification and data capture - Automatic identification and data capture refers to the methods of automatically identifying objects, collecting data about them, and entering them directly into computer systems, without human involvement.
- Barcode printer - A barcode printer is a computer peripheral for printing barcode labels or tags that can be attached to, or printed directly on, physical objects. Barcode printers are commonly used to label cartons before shipment, or to label retail items with UPCs or EANs.
- Barcode scanner - A barcode reader is an electronic device that can read and output printed barcodes to a computer. Like a flatbed scanner, it consists of a light source, a lens and a light sensor translating optical impulses into electrical ones.
- Code Meanings
- European Article Numbering-Uniform Code Council - GS1 is a not-for-profit organisation that develops and maintains global standards for business communication. The best known of these standards is the barcode, a symbol printed on products that can be scanned electronically. GS1 barcodes are scanned more than six billion times every day.
- Global Trade Item Number - Global Trade Item Number is an identifier for trade items, developed by GS1. Such identifiers are used to look up product information in a database which may belong to a retailer, manufacturer, collector, researcher, or other entity.
- Records management technology
- Automatic identification and data capture
- American inventions
- Offers Kanecal www
Offers symbols used in drafting/blueprint callouts. Kanecal. Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) symbols (with Feature Control Frames) plus Statistical Process Control (SPC) symbols. Barcodes for government shipments and Quality symbol fonts. Kanecal.
- Publishes Azalea Software Inc. www
Publishes bar code software that creates Code 39, Software Inc., PDF 417, Code 128, UPC, EAN, Interleaved 2 of 5, and other barcode symbols. Bar code fonts work under Microsoft Windows, Macintosh, UNIX, and other platforms. Azalea Software Inc..
- Publishes BarcodeSoft Fonts www
Publishes barcode fonts and MICR fonts for cheque printing. BarcodeSoft Fonts.
- An IDAutomation TrueType Fonts www
An easy to use package of TrueType Barcode, TrueType Fonts, MICR and OCR fonts. IDAutomation TrueType Fonts.
- Open Barcode Writer www
Open source PostScript barcode writer. Barcode Writer.
- Completely I Shot the Serif - Free 3 of 9 www
Completely free Code 39 font includes all ASCII characters. I Shot the Serif - Free 3 of 9.
- Develops Aeromium Barcode Fonts www
Develops and publishes barcode fonts package that creates Code39, Barcode Fonts, Code128, UPCEAN and I2of5 barcodes. Aeromium Barcode Fonts.
- Developer Elfring Soft Fonts, Inc. www
Developer of a wide range of barcode TrueType and LaserJet fonts for use under DOS, Soft Fonts, Inc., Windows and Unix. Trial packages available for download. Elfring Soft Fonts, Inc..
- Bar BizFonts.com www
Bar code fonts including Code 39, BizFonts.com, Code 128, EAN and UPC. High density barcode fonts such as PDF417 and DataMatrix are also available. Free downloads. BizFonts.com.
- Develops ConnectCode Barcode Fonts www
Develops and markets barcode fonts that supports the I2of5, Barcode Fonts, UPCEAN, Code128, Code39 and UCCEAN barcodes. ConnectCode Barcode Fonts.
- Free Free Code 39 font www
Free Code 39 true type bar code font. Code 39 font. This font supports the 43 characters of the Code 39 symbology. Free Code 39 font.
- Barcode FreeFloat Barcode Package www
Barcode package includes the following symbologies Code 39, Barcode Package, Code 128 (UCC/EAN-128), Standard 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, and Codabar. FreeFloat Barcode Package.
- Collection BarFonts www
Collection of PostScript Type 1 fonts for printing bar codes, BarFonts, available under the GNU General Public License. The fonts consist of bars only, there is no human readable text along with the bars. BarFonts.
- A PrecisionID Inc. www
A global supplier of barcode software and fonts including Code 128, Inc., Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5, EAN, UPC, ASP, PDF417, Data Matrix and more. PrecisionID Inc..
- Code Carolina Barcode www
Code 2 of 5 Primer and Extended Code 3 of 9 fonts for Macintosh or TrueType format. Barcode. Demo available. Carolina Barcode.
- Information Wikipedia: QR Code www
Information on QR code, Code, a 2D barcode popular in Japanese cameraphones. Wikipedia: QR Code.
- Global GS1 BarCodes www
Global standards organization allocating identification keys for barcodes. BarCodes. With technical, implementation and support information. GS1 BarCodes.
- Sorted Fontresource www
Sorted foundries. Fontresource. Directly to creator site. Fontresource.
- Search Free-Fonts.com www
Search engine for free fonts on the web. Free-Fonts.com. Search results come with preview and download URL. Free-Fonts.com.
- Alexa: Barcode Fonts
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Barcode Fonts
- DMOZ: Barcode Fonts
dmoz.org Directory: Barcode Fonts