SCSI is a "stand alone" independent communications channel. It can work with any operating systems such as Unix and all its versions, Microsoft Windows and so forth. It is the channel of choice. Many motherboards now are being designed to incorporate SCSI. It's an intelligent peripheral I-O interface with a standard, device independent protocol that allows many different peripheral devices to be attached to the host's SCSI port. Allows up to 8, 16 or 32 addresses on the bus depending on the width of the bus. Devices can include multiple hosts (initiators) and peripheral devices (targets) but must include a minimum of one of each. SCSI provides a high-speed, intelligent interface that allows an easy connection for up to 16 devices (8 devices for Narrow SCSI) on a single bus. SCSI Buses Hardware Computers.
Small Computer System Interface ( SCSI, / ˈ s k ʌ z i / SKUZ -ee ) is a set of standards for physically connecting and transferring data between computers and peripheral devices. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Small Computer System Interface is a set of standards for physically connecting and transferring data between computers and peripheral devices. The SCSI standards define commands, protocols, electrical and optical interfaces. SCSI is most commonly used for hard disk drives and tape drives, but it can connect a wide range of other devices, including scanners and CD drives, although not all controllers can handle all devices. The SCSI standard defines command sets for specific peripheral device types; the presence of "unknown" as one of these types means that in theory it can be used as an interface to almost any device, but the standard is highly pragmatic and addressed toward commercial requirements.
- SCSI Category
- Fibre Channel - Fibre Channel, or FC, is a high-speed network technology primarily used to connect computer data storage to servers. Fibre Channel is mainly used in storage area networks in commercial data centers. Fibre Channel networks form a switched fabric because they operate in unison as one big switch.
- Parallel SCSI - Parallel SCSI is the earliest of the interface implementations in the SCSI family. In addition to being a data bus, SPI is a parallel electrical bus: There is one set of electrical connections stretching from one end of the SCSI bus to the other.
- Serial Attached SCSI - In computing, Serial Attached SCSI is a point-to-point serial protocol that moves data to and from computer-storage devices such as hard drives and tape drives. SAS replaces the older Parallel SCSI bus technology that first appeared in the mid-1980s.
- Macintosh internals
- This On-Line Extraction of SCSI Disk Drive Parameters www
This report describes a suite of general-purpose techniques and algorithms for acquiring the necessary data from SCSI disks via the ANSI-standard interface. Extraction of SCSI Disk Drive Parameters. (choose a download format) On-Line Extraction of SCSI Disk Drive Parameters.
- High Linux www
High performance SCSI and RAID: What is SCSI? Linux.
- Written What is SCSI? from Storage Search www
Written by Performance Technologies. SCSI? from Storage Search. What is SCSI? from Storage Search.
- Describes The Linux SCSI (sg) Generic HOWTO www
Describes the SCSI Generic driver (sg) found in the Linux 2. Linux SCSI (sg) Generic HOWTO.4 production series of kernels, focusing on the interface and characteristics of the driver for application writers. The Linux SCSI (sg) Generic HOWTO.
- The IP-Over-SCSI www
The purpose of IP Over SCSI is to connect two or more computers with SCSI interfaces using the IP protocol. IP-Over-SCSI.
- Chart SCSI-3 Standards Architecture www
Chart reflects the currently approved SCSI-3 project family. Standards Architecture. All projects are in T10, except Fibre Channel is in T11 and 1394 is in IEEE. SCSI-3 Standards Architecture.
- Information WWW Virtual Library for SCSI www
Information on SCSI bus interface, Virtual Library for SCSI, standards, manufacturers and distributors, technical information, books and test equipment, a part of the Virtual Libraries system. WWW Virtual Library for SCSI.
- Informative SCSI Common Codes and Values www
Informative summaries for several of the more commonly used codes and coded values are included as annex information in the SCSI Primary Commands - 2 (SPC-2) draft standard. SCSI Common Codes and Values.
- The T10 Home Page www
The technical committee of the National Committee on Information Technology Standards. Home Page. NCITS is accredited by, and operates under rules that are approved by, the American National Standards Institute. T10 Home Page.
- From SCSI www
From Wolfgang Schulte's SCSI information guide. SCSI.
- Article Advanced Horizons www
Article called SCSI Explained includes: why it came about, Horizons, bus width and speed, types and other benefits of SCSI. Advanced Horizons.
- Internet iSCSI www
Internet SCSI. iSCSI. New Internet Protocol (IP)-based storage networking standard for linking data storage facilities, developed by the IETF. Definition from Whatis. iSCSI.
- Small STA - The SCSI Trade Association www
Small Computer System Interface, The SCSI Trade Association, an official industry standard for 12 years. Helps educate OEM's, resellers and IT professionals about SCSI, one of the industry's most widely adopted I/O interfaces. Also helps shape the future of SCSI to ensure performance and compatibility. STA - The SCSI Trade Association.
- An Webopedia - SCSI Information www
An online encyclopedia and search engine dedicated to computer technology. Webopedia - SCSI Information.
- Design Rancho Technology www
Design and manufacture single to differential-ended converters and SCSI bus extenders. Technology. Includes Ultra2 LVD SCSI, Ultra160 SCSI, and Ultra4. Specializing in custom (OEM) solutions. Rancho Technology.
- Manufactures Paralan www
Manufactures extenders and converters for LVD/MSE, Paralan, HVD and SE SCSI also includes Fiber Optic, ASICs design and cables. Paralan.
- Useful AwardOne Technology. www
Useful FAQ of SCSI information. AwardOne Technology..
- SCSI MacDisk www
SCSI FAQ of helpful troubleshooters. MacDisk.
- SCSI Pacific Data www
SCSI host adapters and tape media. Pacific Data.
- High Adaptec www
High performance I/O, Adaptec, connectivity, and network products are incorporated into the systems and products of major computer and peripheral manufacturers. Adaptec.
- Manufacturer EFB Elektronik www
Manufacturer of optical fiber and copper cables. Elektronik. Germany EFB Elektronik.
- Manufacture Belden Inc. www
Manufacture and marketing of specialty wire, Inc., cable and cord products for the electronics and electrical markets. Belden Inc..
- Approved How to Get T10 Draft Standards and other Publications www
Approved American National Standards and Technical Reports may be purchased ANSI or from Global Engineering Documents. Get T10 Draft Standards and other Publications. List of available documents and designated numbers. How to Get T10 Draft Standards and other Publications.
- Promoting The SCSI Trade Association www
Promoting increased understanding and use, SCSI Trade Association, to serve as a central distribution source for information and to guiding the growth and evolution of this standard into the future. The SCSI Trade Association.
- Computer-related Radified www
Computer-related tutorials written by a real-life user, Radified, based on first-hand experience with SCSI. Radified.
- Fight Coping With SCSI at Gigahertz Speeds www
Fight back and optimize your next SCSI-board design with high-speed transmission-line techniques, With SCSI at Gigahertz Speeds, written by Barry Caldwell for EDN Magazine. Coping With SCSI at Gigahertz Speeds.
- Includes Beyond Logic www
Includes detailed information on USP, Logic, serial ports (RS-232), parallel ports (SPP/ECP/EPP/IEEE1284) and device drivers. Beyond Logic.
- Responsible Technical Committee T13 AT Attachment www
Responsible for all interface standards relating to the popular AT Attachment (ATA) storage interface utilized as the disk drive interface on most personal and mobile computers today. Technical Committee T13 AT Attachment.
- Alexa: SCSI Buses
Alexa Directory Top Sites: SCSI Buses
- DMOZ: SCSI Buses
dmoz.org Directory: SCSI Buses