Parallel processors are computers that can do more than one operation at once, concurrently, during the same cycle. Some have more than one processor; others have one processor that handles large amounts of data with each cycle. Parallel computers can run some types of programs far faster than traditional single processor computers, often termed the von Neumann architecture. Parallel Processors Components Hardware Computers.
- Parallel computing A type of computation in which many calculations or the execution of processes are carried out...
- Parallel ATA An interface standard for the connection of storage devices such as hard disk drives, floppy disk...
- Parallel port A type of interface found on computers for connecting peripherals.
- Parallel algorithm An algorithm which can be executed a piece at a time on many different processing devices, and...
- Parallel circuits As opposed to series.
- Parallel (latitude) An abstract east?west circle connecting all locations around the Earth at a given latitude.
- Parallel (manga) A Japanese sh?nen manga by Toshihiko Kobayashi.
- Parallel cousin A cousin from a parent's same-sex sibling, while a cross cousin is from a parent's opposite-sex...
- Design Bull Gamma 60, 1958 www
Design analysis, Gamma 60, 1958, with references, links, PostScript download, by Mark Smotherman, computer science professor, Clemson University. Bull Gamma 60, 1958.
- Growing Barrel Processor www
Growing article, Processor, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia Barrel Processor.
- Technical Introducing the IBM/Sony/Toshiba Cell Processor: Part II: The Cell Architecture www
Introducing the IBM/Sony/Toshiba Cell Processor: Part II: The Cell Architecture.
- Technical Introducing the IBM/Sony/Toshiba Cell Processor: Part I: The SIMD Processing Units www
Introducing the IBM/Sony/Toshiba Cell Processor: Part I: The SIMD Processing Units.
- Story New Microchips Shun Transistors www
Story on magnetic quantum cellular automata research, Microchips Shun Transistors, non-volatile logic, at University of Notre Dame. Works via areas of magnetic orientation instead of transistors and wires. [Wired News] New Microchips Shun Transistors.
- Quantum Designing Ultra-Dense Computers with QCAs www
Quantum Cellular Automata, Ultra-Dense Computers with QCAs, a new technology, can make real computers orders of magnitude denser than the limits of CMOS, from molecule size devices; information flows by Coulomb interactions not electric current. Investigators, references. [Notre Dame Computer Science and Engineering] Designing Ultra-Dense Computers with QCAs.
- A Open Grid Forum (OGF) www
A community-initiated forum of individual researchers and practitioners working on distributed computing, Grid Forum (OGF), or "grid" technologies. Open Grid Forum (OGF).
- A Albatross - Wide Area Cluster Computing www
A project to better understand application behavior on wide-area networks. Wide Area Cluster Computing. Publications, talks, software, status. Albatross - Wide Area Cluster Computing.
- US PlayStation Turns Supercomputer www
US researchers make supercomputer out of cluster of PS2 game consoles, Turns Supercomputer, which use Emotion Engine 128-bit VLIW processors. [BBC News] PlayStation Turns Supercomputer.
- Short Hardware: Consoles: PlayStation 2 System www
Short technical description. Consoles: PlayStation 2 System. [Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.] Hardware: Consoles: PlayStation 2 System.
- Network Beyond the Teraflops: Why Intel Really Put 80 Cores on a Single Chip www
Network is main motive; based on interview with Thom Sawicki, the Teraflops: Why Intel Really Put 80 Cores on a Single Chip, technology strategist, Intel Communications Technology Lab, on the Terascale computing research initiative. Ars Technica. Beyond the Teraflops: Why Intel Really Put 80 Cores on a Single Chip.
- Last The Era of Tera: Intel Reveals More about 80-core CPU www
Last year Intel talked of 80-core Teraflop CPU. Era of Tera: Intel Reveals More about 80-core CPU. Today we get many more details on architecture and role in future of multicore CPUs. AnandTech. The Era of Tera: Intel Reveals More about 80-core CPU.
- Silicon IDT: Integrated Device Technology, Inc. www
Silicon design company involved in MIPS technologies, Integrated Device Technology, Inc., and wide range of electronics. IDT: Integrated Device Technology, Inc..
- Houses WWW Computer Architecture www
Houses computer architecture and microprocessor information on conferences, Computer Architecture, benchmarks and tools, group projects, publications, books and newsgroups. WWW Computer Architecture.
- Alexa: Parallel Processors
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Parallel Processors
- DMOZ: Parallel Processors
dmoz.org Directory: Parallel Processors