Parallel processors are computers that can do more than one operation at once, concurrently, during the same cycle. Some have more than one processor; others have one processor that handles large amounts of data with each cycle. Parallel computers can run some types of programs far faster than traditional single processor computers, often termed the von Neumann architecture. Parallel Processors Components Hardware Computers.
- Parallel computing A type of computation in which many calculations or the execution of processes are carried out...
- Parallel ATA An interface standard for the connection of storage devices such as hard disk drives, floppy disk...
- Parallel port A type of interface found on computers for connecting peripherals.
- Parallel algorithm An algorithm which can be executed a piece at a time on many different processing devices, and...
- Parallel circuits As opposed to series.
- Parallel (latitude) An abstract east?west circle connecting all locations around the Earth at a given latitude.
- Parallel (manga) A Japanese sh?nen manga by Toshihiko Kobayashi.
- Parallel cousin A cousin from a parent's same-sex sibling, while a cross cousin is from a parent's opposite-sex...
- Introductory Gamma 60 www
Introductory analysis, 60, translated from French, by Jean Bellec. Gamma 60.
- Growing Barrel Processor www
Growing article, Processor, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia Barrel Processor.
- Will IBM to Help Others Integrate Cell Processor www
Will offer design services to help firms use Cells in many electronic products, Help Others Integrate Cell Processor, more so where image use is high: industrial, medical, aerospace, defense. [Sci-Tech Today] IBM to Help Others Integrate Cell Processor.
- Cell's IBM's Octopiler, or, Why the PS3 is Running Late www
Cell's greatest strength and weakness: there's a lot of hardware on the chip, Octopiler, or, Why the PS3 is Running Late, making programming hard, delaying PS3. New compiler intended to ease programming. [Ars Technica] IBM's Octopiler, or, Why the PS3 is Running Late.
- Quantum Designing Ultra-Dense Computers with QCAs www
Quantum Cellular Automata, Ultra-Dense Computers with QCAs, a new technology, can make real computers orders of magnitude denser than the limits of CMOS, from molecule size devices; information flows by Coulomb interactions not electric current. Investigators, references. [Notre Dame Computer Science and Engineering] Designing Ultra-Dense Computers with QCAs.
- References, Quantum-dot Cellular Automata Homeworld www
References, Cellular Automata Homeworld, Java demonstrations, QCA links. [University of Notre Dame] Quantum-dot Cellular Automata Homeworld.
- Breaking Jeff Sutherland's Object Technology Site www
Breaking news on distributed computing, Sutherland's Object Technology Site, object technology, components, and business objects. Jeff Sutherland's Object Technology Site.
- Introduction Distributed Computing Primer www
Introduction to organising a distributed computing project. Distributed Computing Primer.
- Short Hardware: Consoles: PlayStation 2 System www
Short technical description. Consoles: PlayStation 2 System. [Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.] Hardware: Consoles: PlayStation 2 System.
- New The Sony Emotion Engine: Will PlayStation 2 Replace Your PC? www
New game console offering giga-computing power is the talk of microprocessor conference. Sony Emotion Engine: Will PlayStation 2 Replace Your PC?. [CNN] The Sony Emotion Engine: Will PlayStation 2 Replace Your PC?.
- Brief 1,000 Cores on a Chip www
Brief article on Rapport's Kilocore chip, Cores on a Chip, which may be used for video processing. Technology Review. 1,000 Cores on a Chip.
- Large-scale MIT Alewife Project www
Large-scale multiprocessor, Alewife Project, integrates cache-coherent, distributed shared memory, and user-level message-passing, in one integrated hardware framework; papers, people, pictures, posters. MIT Alewife Project.
- Silicon IDT: Integrated Device Technology, Inc. www
Silicon design company involved in MIPS technologies, Integrated Device Technology, Inc., and wide range of electronics. IDT: Integrated Device Technology, Inc..
- CPU Powerleap Products www
CPU upgrade expert with product briefs, Products, support, discussion forums and compatibility database. Powerleap Products.
- Alexa: Parallel Processors
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Parallel Processors
- DMOZ: Parallel Processors
dmoz.org Directory: Parallel Processors