Video Cards are devices that display graphics and text on a monitor. They require special software called drivers to communicate with the operating system kernel. Different video cards differ in the amount of colors they can display (color depth), the amount of dots (pixels) per line, and the amount of lines per screen (pixels per line x lines per screen is referred to as resolution). At any given resolution and color depth, there is a speed at which each vertical and horizontal screen can be drawn called refresh rate or frequency (measured in Hertz [Hz]). Along with your video cards limitation to certain resolutions and refresh rates, your monitor must be compatible to display at the same setting. Video Cards Components Hardware Computers.
- Wikipedia: A video card is an expansion card which generates a feed of output images to a display. Frequently, these are advertised as discrete or dedicated graphics cards, emphasizing the distinction between these and integrated graphics. At the core of both is the processor unit graphics processing unit, which is the main part that does the actual computations, but should not be confused as the video card as a whole.
- ATI ? defunct GPU company (merged with AMD).
- AMD , NVIDIA ? duopoly of 3D chip GPU and graphics card designers.
- Computer display standards ? a detailed list of standards like SVGA, WXGA, WUXGA, etc.
- Diamond Multimedia ? Alternative.
- Feature connector - The feature connector was an internal connector found mostly in some older VESA Local Bus, ISA and PCI graphics cards, but also on some early AGP ones.
- GeForce , Radeon ? examples of video cards.
- Graphics hardware
- Video cards
- 3D Speedy 3D www
3D accelerator reviews and information. Speedy 3D.
- Online CADnetwork www
Online portal for CAD hard and software, CADnetwork, CAD workstations, CAD graphic cards, plus 3D digitizer and plotter. CADnetwork.
- Video Prolink Home Page www
Video adapters, Home Page, LCD displays, multimedia and networking products. Prolink Home Page.
- Interactive Quantum3D www
Interactive 3D PC-based visual computing systems for professional markets. Quantum3D.
- Supplier S3 Graphics www
Supplier of graphics, Graphics, video and multimedia accelerators for the PC market. S3 Graphics.
- Manufacturer Nvidia www
Manufacturer of graphics processor technologies for computing, Nvidia, consumer electronics, and mobile devices. Information on the company and its products and technical support, plus online store. Nvidia.
- General HardOCP www
General computer hardware news and Overclocking page complete with information on varying degrees of cooling for overclocked video cards, HardOCP, CPUs, motherboards and other system hardware. HardOCP.
- Company EnTech Taiwan www
Company which develops the PowerStrip overclocking utility, Taiwan, supporting most video cards. Also other performance-enhancing utilities EnTech Taiwan.
- Devoted Bjorn3d.com www
Devoted to news and reviews of PC games, Bjorn3d.com, graphics chips, and other computer graphic topics. Bjorn3d.com.
- Windows Rendition Verite 2200 Drivers www
Windows 2000/XP drivers for the Rendition Verite 2200 graphics card. Rendition Verite 2200 Drivers.
- Offers KingliTech's www
Offers high-performance PC systems and quality upgrade components, KingliTech's, like mother board, CPU, memory, disk drive, multimedia and networks. KingliTech's.
- Wholesale Econram Systems www
Wholesale distributor of Sun Oracle, Systems, HP, IBM, Dell and Cisco IT hardware and server upgrades. Econram Systems.
- Alexa: Video Cards Components
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Video Cards Components
- DMOZ: Video Cards Components
dmoz.org Directory: Video Cards Components