Video Cards are devices that display graphics and text on a monitor. They require special software called drivers to communicate with the operating system kernel. Different video cards differ in the amount of colors they can display (color depth), the amount of dots (pixels) per line, and the amount of lines per screen (pixels per line x lines per screen is referred to as resolution). At any given resolution and color depth, there is a speed at which each vertical and horizontal screen can be drawn called refresh rate or frequency (measured in Hertz [Hz]). Along with your video cards limitation to certain resolutions and refresh rates, your monitor must be compatible to display at the same setting. Video Cards Components Hardware Computers.
- Wikipedia: A video card is an expansion card which generates a feed of output images to a display. Frequently, these are advertised as discrete or dedicated graphics cards, emphasizing the distinction between these and integrated graphics. At the core of both is the graphics processing unit, which is the main part that does the actual computations, but should not be confused as the video card as a whole, although "GPU" is often used to refer to video cards.
- ATI ? defunct GPU company (merged with AMD).
- AMD , NVIDIA ? duopoly of 3D chip GPU and graphics card designers.
- Computer display standards ? a detailed list of standards like SVGA, WXGA, WUXGA, etc.
- Diamond Multimedia ? Alternative.
- Feature connector - The feature connector was an internal connector found mostly in some older ISA, VESA Local Bus, and PCI graphics cards, but also on some early AGP ones.
- GeForce , Radeon ? examples of video cards.
- Graphics hardware
- Video cards
- Gives Tech Spot www
Gives in depth reviews and analysis of 3D cards. Tech Spot.
- Offers 3DChip www
Offers news, 3DChip, reviews, benchmarks, driver downloads, and reports on current graphic cards. 3DChip.
- Offers Hercules Computer Technology Inc. www
Offers high performance graphics, Computer Technology Inc., video, multimedia and 3D accelerators for PCs. Hercules Computer Technology Inc..
- Manufacturer X-Micro Technology www
Manufacturer in design and distribution of professional 3D graphics cards worldwide. X-Micro Technology.
- Builds Rendition, Inc. www
Builds graphics controllers that provide PCs with real-time 3D rendering capability. Rendition, Inc..
- Creators Matrox www
Creators of 2D and 3D graphics adapters. Matrox.
- General HardOCP www
General computer hardware news and Overclocking page complete with information on varying degrees of cooling for overclocked video cards, HardOCP, CPUs, motherboards and other system hardware. HardOCP.
- General Tom's Hardware Guide www
General hardware news, Hardware Guide,as well as reviews and benchmarks of the latest 3D graphics adapters, examining also overclocking of the Voodoo3, Voodoo5, Geforce256, Geforce2, Savage4 and other graphics chipsets. Tom's Hardware Guide.
- Windows Rendition Verite 2200 Drivers www
Windows 2000/XP drivers for the Rendition Verite 2200 graphics card. Rendition Verite 2200 Drivers.
- Devoted Bjorn3d.com www
Devoted to news and reviews of PC games, Bjorn3d.com, graphics chips, and other computer graphic topics. Bjorn3d.com.
- PC Leadman Electronics www
PC computer distributor and sales. Leadman Electronics.
- Manufacturer Koutech Systems, Inc., www
Manufacturer of I/O cards, Systems, Inc.,, specializing in USB, FireWire, RS-232C, IEEE 1284, SCSI, and other I/O products. Koutech Systems, Inc.,.
- Alexa: Video Cards Components
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Video Cards Components
- DMOZ: Video Cards Components
dmoz.org Directory: Video Cards Components