History (from Greek ἱστορία, historia, meaning "inquiry, knowledge acquired by investigation") is the study of the past as it is described in written documents. (wikipedia)
- History The study of the past as it is described in written documents. Events occurring before...
- History of the world The history of humanity, as determined from archaeology, anthropology, genetics, linguistics, and...
- History of the Earth The history of Earth concerns the development of planet Earth from its formation to the present day.
- Philosophy of history The term philosophy of history refers to the theoretical aspect of history, in two senses.
- Medical history The medical history or case history of a patient is information gained by a physician by asking...
- Changelog A log or record of all or all notable changes made to a project.
- History The Histories of Herodotus is now considered the founding work of history in Western literature.
- History (band) A South Korean boy group formed by LOEN Entertainment in 2013.
- History (U.S. TV network) An American digital cable and satellite television network that is owned by A&E Networks, a joint...
- Herstory Herstory is history written from a feminist perspective, emphasizing the role of women, or told...
- Lecture The History of Computing Science: From the Past to the Present www
Lecture presented by Michelle A. History of Computing Science: From the Past to the Present. Hoyle explaining how computers and computing science arose from using sticks with notches for counting, to the massive explosion of personal computers in the 1980s. The History of Computing Science: From the Past to the Present.
- A Charles Babbage Institute (CBI) www
A research center at the University of Minnesota dedicated to promoting the study and preservation of the history of computing and information processing. Babbage Institute (CBI). Charles Babbage Institute (CBI).
- Historical The Modern History of Computing www
Historical survey from Babbage onward; by B. Modern History of Computing. Jack Copeland from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. The Modern History of Computing.
- A Computers in the Computer age www
A look at the progression in computer technology throughout the ages. Computers in the Computer age.
- An The Association for History and Computing www
An international organization which aims to promote and develop interest in the use of computers in all types of historical study at every level, Association for History and Computing, in both teaching and research. The Association for History and Computing.
- Writings Reflections of a ModemJunkie www
Writings on computers, a ModemJunkie, the early online world, and the Internet, dating from 1992 to 2000. Reflections of a ModemJunkie.
- In Silicon Valley to Internet Valley www
In San Francisco Bay Area; background, Valley to Internet Valley, history, future: trends, forecasts. Silicon Valley to Internet Valley.
- Offers The History of Computing Project www
Offers a detailed timeline on the history of computer. History of Computing Project. Sections include hardware, software, pioneers and references. The History of Computing Project.
- Timeline Chronology of Personal Computers www
Timeline of microcomputers from the development of the microprocessor in the 1960s through to the present day. Personal Computers. Includes hardware, software, peripherals, companies, and individuals. Chronology of Personal Computers.
- Detailed The History of Computing www
Detailed information including early pioneers and companies, History of Computing, archives, languages, and networking from the Department of Computer Science at Virginia Tech. The History of Computing.
- Covers Punched Cards www
Covers the earliest ways of encoding data up to the cards used in voting systems today. Punched Cards.
- Pictures, The Obsolete Technology Website www
Pictures, Obsolete Technology Website, documents, and advertisements of classic computers from the 1970's and 1980's. The Obsolete Technology Website.
- A Computers, Videogames and Arcade Collector's Ring www
A directory of links. Computers, Videogames and Arcade Collector's Ring.
- A History of Computers www
A directory of sites about the history of computers arranged categorically and with specific topic and general topic sections. History of Computers.
- Pictures Computer History Images www
Pictures of many of the pioneering computers. Computer History Images.
- by Tools For Thought www
by Howard Rheingold. For Thought. Online copy of well known 1985 book on the invention of computing; includes Babbage, Turing, von Neumann, Engelbart, PARC, Kay, and Atari. Tools For Thought.
- Focuses Computer History Museum www
Focuses exclusively on the history of computing. History Museum. Located in Mountain View, California. Search the collection, illustrated timeline, online exhibits and select images from the collection, "This Day in History," curator's choice, and the Hall of Fellows (awards for contributions to computing). Computer History Museum.
- New Tools for Thought: The History and Future of Mind-Expanding Technology www
New updated edition from MIT Press, for Thought: The History and Future of Mind-Expanding Technology, with new interviews of historic characters. Tools for Thought: The History and Future of Mind-Expanding Technology.
- Biographies, Triumph of the Nerds www
Biographies, the Nerds, an interactive game, and a questions and answers forum trace the birth of the personal computer at this PBS companion site. Triumph of the Nerds.
- Articles Computer History www
Articles and photos on many topics; user submitted content with Wiki-style editing for registered users; photo gallery, History, forum, feedback. Computer History.
- This PC History www
This site is under construction but has some nice pictures of some pre-IBM machines. PC History.
- Houses National Archive for the History of Computing www
Houses the UK's most important collection of documents relating to the history of computing, Archive for the History of Computing, and encourages interest and study in the history of computing more generally. National Archive for the History of Computing.
- Detailed Commodore B Series www
Detailed information for collectors and users about the hardware, Series, firmware, software and history of the Commodore B Series computer, including a list of resources. Commodore B Series.
- A Bryan's Old Computers www
A collection of pre-1982 microcomputers, Old Computers, with stories and photos of their full restoration to original condition. Bryan's Old Computers.
- Beschouwingen Van eniac tot... www
Beschouwingen over de onstaansgeschiedenis, eniac tot..., het heden en de toekomst van de computer. Van eniac tot....
- Marc Geschiedenis van de computer www
Marc Goris, van de computer, leerkracht, met een cursus van 4,36 MB voor het 5de jaar Informaticabeheer. Geschiedenis van de computer.
- Open XRoar www
Open source Dragon 32/64 and Tandy CoCo emulator for GP32, XRoar, Linux, MacOS/PPC, Nintendo DS, and Windows. XRoar.
- An Solace www
An open source Sol-20 emulator for Windows. Solace.
- Information BESM-6 Nostalgia Page www
Information about the late Soviet mainframe computer BESM-6, Nostalgia Page, the last original was dismantled in 1995. BESM-6 Nostalgia Page.
- Dedicated John Elliott www
Dedicated to computers and/or operating systems which some might describe as obsolete. John Elliott.
- Ben A Short History of Internet Protocols at CERN www
Ben Segal traces the history of the Internet at CERN. A Short History of Internet Protocols at CERN.
- Scholarly The Internet: Past, Present and Future: Internet and WWW History www
Scholarly article by Jesper Vissing Laursen on the development of the Internet. The Internet: Past, Present and Future: Internet and WWW History.
- Prototype The Secret Weapons of Commodore www
Prototype and rarities of the CBM / Commodore lines of machines. Secret Weapons of Commodore. Informative chronological site on all things Commodore. The Secret Weapons of Commodore.
- Computer American Computer Museum www
Computer history and information age exhibits. Computer Museum. Photographs of some of the current collections, including personal computers, calculators, the first minicomputer (which weighed 250 lbs), and the influence of the information age on the expansion of the West. American Computer Museum.
- Alexa: History Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: History Computers
- DMOZ: History Computers
dmoz.org Directory: History Computers