History (from Greek ἱστορία, historia, meaning "inquiry, knowledge acquired by investigation") is the study of the past as it is described in written documents. (wikipedia)
- History The study of the past as it is described in written documents. Events occurring before...
- History of the world The history of humanity, as determined from archaeology, anthropology, genetics, linguistics, and...
- History of the Earth The history of Earth concerns the development of planet Earth from its formation to the present day.
- Philosophy of history The term philosophy of history refers to the theoretical aspect of history, in two senses.
- Medical history The medical history or case history of a patient is information gained by a physician by asking...
- Changelog A log or record of all or all notable changes made to a project.
- History The Histories of Herodotus is now considered the founding work of history in Western literature.
- History (band) A South Korean boy group formed by LOEN Entertainment in 2013.
- History (U.S. TV channel) An American basic cable and satellite television channel that is owned by A&E Networks, a joint...
- Herstory Herstory is history written from a feminist perspective, emphasizing the role of women, or told...
- Historical The Modern History of Computing www
Historical survey from Babbage onward; by B. Modern History of Computing. Jack Copeland from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. The Modern History of Computing.
- Detailed The History of Computing www
Detailed information including early pioneers and companies, History of Computing, archives, languages, and networking from the Department of Computer Science at Virginia Tech. The History of Computing.
- A Computers in the Computer age www
A look at the progression in computer technology throughout the ages. Computers in the Computer age.
- Houses National Archive for the History of Computing www
Houses the UK's most important collection of documents relating to the history of computing, Archive for the History of Computing, and encourages interest and study in the history of computing more generally. National Archive for the History of Computing.
- Covers Punched Cards www
Covers the earliest ways of encoding data up to the cards used in voting systems today. Punched Cards.
- This PC History www
This site is under construction but has some nice pictures of some pre-IBM machines. PC History.
- Articles Computer History www
Articles and photos on many topics; user submitted content with Wiki-style editing for registered users; photo gallery, History, forum, feedback. Computer History.
- Focuses Computer History Museum www
Focuses exclusively on the history of computing. History Museum. Located in Mountain View, California. Search the collection, illustrated timeline, online exhibits and select images from the collection, "This Day in History," curator's choice, and the Hall of Fellows (awards for contributions to computing). Computer History Museum.
- Pictures Computer History Images www
Pictures of many of the pioneering computers. Computer History Images.
- Writings Reflections of a ModemJunkie www
Writings on computers, a ModemJunkie, the early online world, and the Internet, dating from 1992 to 2000. Reflections of a ModemJunkie.
- A Computers, Videogames and Arcade Collector's Ring www
A directory of links. Computers, Videogames and Arcade Collector's Ring.
- Biographies, Triumph of the Nerds www
Biographies, the Nerds, an interactive game, and a questions and answers forum trace the birth of the personal computer at this PBS companion site. Triumph of the Nerds.
- Offers The History of Computing Project www
Offers a detailed timeline on the history of computer. History of Computing Project. Sections include hardware, software, pioneers and references. The History of Computing Project.
- In Silicon Valley to Internet Valley www
In San Francisco Bay Area; background, Valley to Internet Valley, history, future: trends, forecasts. Silicon Valley to Internet Valley.
- by Tools For Thought www
by Howard Rheingold. For Thought. Online copy of well known 1985 book on the invention of computing; includes Babbage, Turing, von Neumann, Engelbart, PARC, Kay, and Atari. Tools For Thought.
- A History of Computers www
A directory of sites about the history of computers arranged categorically and with specific topic and general topic sections. History of Computers.
- A Charles Babbage Institute (CBI) www
A research center at the University of Minnesota dedicated to promoting the study and preservation of the history of computing and information processing. Babbage Institute (CBI). Charles Babbage Institute (CBI).
- An The Association for History and Computing www
An international organization which aims to promote and develop interest in the use of computers in all types of historical study at every level, Association for History and Computing, in both teaching and research. The Association for History and Computing.
- Pictures, The Obsolete Technology Website www
Pictures, Obsolete Technology Website, documents, and advertisements of classic computers from the 1970's and 1980's. The Obsolete Technology Website.
- Lecture The History of Computing Science: From the Past to the Present www
Lecture presented by Michelle A. History of Computing Science: From the Past to the Present. Hoyle explaining how computers and computing science arose from using sticks with notches for counting, to the massive explosion of personal computers in the 1980s. The History of Computing Science: From the Past to the Present.
- New Tools for Thought: The History and Future of Mind-Expanding Technology www
New updated edition from MIT Press, for Thought: The History and Future of Mind-Expanding Technology, with new interviews of historic characters. Tools for Thought: The History and Future of Mind-Expanding Technology.
- Timeline Chronology of Personal Computers www
Timeline of microcomputers from the development of the microprocessor in the 1960s through to the present day. Personal Computers. Includes hardware, software, peripherals, companies, and individuals. Chronology of Personal Computers.
- Information WF King's CBM page www
Information about many of Commodore Business Machine's family of computers, King's CBM page, with photographs of computers and old advertisements. WF King's CBM page.
- A The Nascom Home Page www
A large collection of information about the Nascom computer kit of the early 1980s, Nascom Home Page, with manuals, software, emulators, and photographs. The Nascom Home Page.
- Marc Geschiedenis van de computer www
Marc Goris, van de computer, leerkracht, met een cursus van 4,36 MB voor het 5de jaar Informaticabeheer. Geschiedenis van de computer.
- Een Retro-Computer-Dag www
Een gebruikersdag voor hobbyisten, Retro-Computer-Dag, gebruikers en verzamelaars van oude computers. Retro-Computer-Dag.
- An Altair32 www
An open source Altair emulator for Windows. Altair32.
- Covers Project8080 www
Covers the development of a Heathkit H8 emulator on Macintosh. Project8080.
- Information ICL 1900 Series Computers www
Information about the ICL 1900 series mainframes from the 1970s, 1900 Series Computers, both hardware and software. The George (1S, 2, 3 and 4) series operating systems, Minimop and Maximop. Programming languages and other information. ICL 1900 Series Computers.
- The Blinkenlights Archaeological Institute www
The Institute was established in 1997 to excavate, Archaeological Institute, preserve, research, and present interesting and historically significant computing devices. Blinkenlights Archaeological Institute.
- An A Brief History of the Internet www
An anecdotal history by Walt Howe of the people and communities that brought about the Internet and the Web. Brief History of the Internet. Includes a glossary of terms. A Brief History of the Internet.
- Scholarly The Internet: Past, Present and Future: Internet and WWW History www
Scholarly article by Jesper Vissing Laursen on the development of the Internet. The Internet: Past, Present and Future: Internet and WWW History.
- Hands Bletchley Park: National Code Centre www
Hands on exhibition of computing technology from Colossus to the present day on the site where the first computers were used to break the enigma code, Park: National Code Centre, Bletchley Park. Bletchley Park: National Code Centre.
- Includes The Home Computer Museum (HCM) www
Includes personal collection of most European and International Home Computers complete with excellent photography. Home Computer Museum (HCM). The Home Computer Museum (HCM).
- Alexa: History Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: History Computers
- DMOZ: History Computers
dmoz.org Directory: History Computers