Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) covers a wide range of topics such as human characteristics, activities and behavior, the design of objects, relevant to the implementation of interactive computer systems and aimed to optimization of the relationship between technology and human. Human-Computer Interaction Computers.
As a field of research, human-computer interaction is situated at the intersection of computer science, behavioral sciences, design, media studies, and several other fields of study. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Human?computer interaction researches the design and use of computer technology, focused on the interfaces between people and computers. Researchers in the field of HCI both observe the ways in which humans interact with computers and design technologies that let humans interact with computers in novel ways.
- Information design - Information design is the practice of presenting information in a way that fosters efficient and effective understanding of it. The term has come to be used specifically for graphic design for displaying information effectively, rather than just attractively or for artistic expression.
- Experience design - Experience design is the practice of designing products, processes, services, events, omnichannel journeys, and environments with a focus placed on the quality of the user experience and culturally relevant solutions.
- Information architecture - Information architecture is the structural design of shared information environments; the art and science of organizing and labelling websites, intranets, online communities and software to support usability and findability; and an emerging community of practice focused on bringing principles of...
- User experience design - User experience design is the process of enhancing user satisfaction with a product by improving the usability, accessibility, and pleasure provided in the interaction with the product.
- Mindfulness and technology - Mindfulness and technology is a movement in research and design, that encourages the user to become aware of the present moment, rather than losing oneself in a technological device. This field encompasses multidisciplinary participation between design, psychology, computer science, and religion.
- HCI Bibliography , a web-based project to provide a bibliography of Human Computer Interaction literature.
- Human?machine interaction
- Human communication
- Human?computer interaction
- This Computer Gripes www
This site is devoted to problems experienced with computer products. Computer Gripes.
- Offering EServer Technical Communication Library www
Offering links to articles, Technical Communication Library, academic programs, journals, professional organizations and materials of importance to user interface design and other aspects related to technical communication. EServer Technical Communication Library.
- Books, Interaction and Information Design Resources www
Books, and Information Design Resources, articles, conferences, examples about interface design, information design, interaction design, multimedia, visual design. Interaction and Information Design Resources.
- Discussion User Interface Designs www
Discussion of UI and interaction design. Interface Designs. Design examples, forums, and list of related readings. User Interface Designs.
- Presents Interruptions in Human-Computer Interaction www
Presents bibliography, Human-Computer Interaction, research articles, news, and links. Interruptions in Human-Computer Interaction.
- An Graphical Interfaces to Support Information Search www
An annotated bibliography of graphical interfaces to information retrieval systems, Interfaces to Support Information Search, including 2D and 3D visualizations of query results. Graphical Interfaces to Support Information Search.
- Articles, Nooface www
Articles, Nooface, news and discussion on next-generation user interfaces. Nooface.
- Demonstrates dontclick.it - Institute for Interactive Research www
Demonstrates a mouse-based user interface that uses no clicks. Institute for Interactive Research. [Flash required] dontclick.it - Institute for Interactive Research.
- Focus Wichita State University Software Usability Research Lab (SURL) www
Focus is on website usability and design, State University Software Usability Research Lab (SURL), and information retrieval. List of services, contact details, and a free e-newsletter with archives of past issues. Wichita State University Software Usability Research Lab (SURL).
- HCI Cornell University www
HCI Group working out of Cornell University in Ithaca NY, University, United States. Cornell University.
- A User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 www
A recommendation from the W3C for how to designing user agents to lower barriers to Web accessibility for people with disabilities. User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0.
- An Fire Vox - Talking Browser Extension for Firefox www
An open source suite of extensions for Firefox that make Firefox into a talking browser for the visually impaired. Fire Vox - Talking Browser Extension for Firefox.
- Resources Center for Accessible Technology www
Resources and services on the use of computer technology for people with disabilities. Center for Accessible Technology.
- Model Center for IT Accommodation www
Model demonstration facility influencing accessible information environments, for IT Accommodation, services, and management practices. Center for IT Accommodation.
- A Two Rivers Consulting Corporation www
A consulting firm in Massachusetts. Two Rivers Consulting Corporation.
- Consulting Interpix Design Inc. www
Consulting firm with focus on simplicity and usability. Design Inc.. Located in Canada. Interpix Design Inc..
- 10th UM'05 www
10th International Conference on User Modeling. UM'05. 24-30 Jul 2005. Edinburgh, UK. UM'05.
- 5th ECSCW '97 www
5th European conference on computer supported cooperative work. '97. 7-11 Sep 1997. Lancaster, UK. ECSCW '97.
- A HCI Bibliography www
A list of publications and resources on human-computer interaction. HCI Bibliography.
- Alexa: Human-Computer Interaction Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Human-Computer Interaction Computers
- DMOZ: Human-Computer Interaction Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Human-Computer Interaction Computers