Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) covers a wide range of topics such as human characteristics, activities and behavior, the design of objects, relevant to the implementation of interactive computer systems and aimed to optimization of the relationship between technology and human. Human-Computer Interaction Computers.
As a field of research, human-computer interaction is situated at the intersection of computer science, behavioral sciences, design, media studies, and several other fields of study. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Human?computer interaction researches the design and use of computer technology, focused on the interfaces between people and computers. Researchers in the field of HCI both observe the ways in which humans interact with computers and design technologies that let humans interact with computers in novel ways.
- Information design - Information design is the practice of presenting information in a way that fosters efficient and effective understanding of it. The term has come to be used specifically for graphic design for displaying information effectively, rather than just attractively or for artistic expression.
- Experience design - Experience design is the practice of designing products, processes, services, events, omnichannel journeys, and environments with a focus placed on the quality of the user experience and culturally relevant solutions.
- Information architecture - Information architecture is the structural design of shared information environments; the art and science of organizing and labelling websites, intranets, online communities and software to support usability and findability; and an emerging community of practice focused on bringing principles of...
- User experience design - User experience design is the process of enhancing user satisfaction with a product by improving the usability, accessibility, and pleasure provided in the interaction with the product.
- Mindfulness and technology - Mindfulness and technology is a movement in research and design, that encourages the user to become aware of the present moment, rather than losing oneself in a technological device. This field encompasses multidisciplinary participation between design, psychology, computer science, and religion.
- HCI Bibliography , a web-based project to provide a bibliography of Human Computer Interaction literature.
- Human?machine interaction
- Human communication
- Human?computer interaction
- Offering EServer Technical Communication Library www
Offering links to articles, Technical Communication Library, academic programs, journals, professional organizations and materials of importance to user interface design and other aspects related to technical communication. EServer Technical Communication Library.
- Discussion User Interface Designs www
Discussion of UI and interaction design. Interface Designs. Design examples, forums, and list of related readings. User Interface Designs.
- An Graphical Interfaces to Support Information Search www
An annotated bibliography of graphical interfaces to information retrieval systems, Interfaces to Support Information Search, including 2D and 3D visualizations of query results. Graphical Interfaces to Support Information Search.
- This Computer Gripes www
This site is devoted to problems experienced with computer products. Computer Gripes.
- Books, Interaction and Information Design Resources www
Books, and Information Design Resources, articles, conferences, examples about interface design, information design, interaction design, multimedia, visual design. Interaction and Information Design Resources.
- Demonstrates dontclick.it - Institute for Interactive Research www
Demonstrates a mouse-based user interface that uses no clicks. Institute for Interactive Research. [Flash required] dontclick.it - Institute for Interactive Research.
- Articles, Nooface www
Articles, Nooface, news and discussion on next-generation user interfaces. Nooface.
- Presents Interruptions in Human-Computer Interaction www
Presents bibliography, Human-Computer Interaction, research articles, news, and links. Interruptions in Human-Computer Interaction.
- Researches Stanford Persuasive Technology Lab www
Researches and designs interactive technologies that motivate and influence users. Persuasive Technology Lab. Also referred to as captology. United States. Stanford Persuasive Technology Lab.
- HCI Cornell University www
HCI Group working out of Cornell University in Ithaca NY, University, United States. Cornell University.
- Touchscreen Enhancing Internet Access www
Touchscreen system for people with disabilities and special needs. Enhancing Internet Access.
- An Fire Vox - Talking Browser Extension for Firefox www
An open source suite of extensions for Firefox that make Firefox into a talking browser for the visually impaired. Fire Vox - Talking Browser Extension for Firefox.
- Resources Center for Accessible Technology www
Resources and services on the use of computer technology for people with disabilities. Center for Accessible Technology.
- Informational Equality Technology www
Informational site whose mission is to promote uniting the disabled with adapted computers through the use of assistive technology devices. Equality Technology.
- Consultants Rocket Communications, Inc. www
Consultants providing information architecture, Communications, Inc., visual interface design, icons, and usability testing. Located in California and Hawaii, USA. Rocket Communications, Inc..
- Offers Genesis www
Offers usability evaluations, Genesis, user-centered front-ends, software product design, and training. Located in India. Genesis.
- 9th ICEIS 2007 www
9th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems. 2007. Funchal, Madeira. 12-16 June ICEIS 2007.
- 42nd SAFE Association Symposium www
42nd Symposium of the SAFE Association. Association Symposium. 27-29 September 2004. Salt Lake City, USA. SAFE Association Symposium.
- A HCI Bibliography www
A list of publications and resources on human-computer interaction. HCI Bibliography.
- Alexa: Human-Computer Interaction Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Human-Computer Interaction Computers
- DMOZ: Human-Computer Interaction Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Human-Computer Interaction Computers