Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) covers a wide range of topics such as human characteristics, activities and behavior, the design of objects, relevant to the implementation of interactive computer systems and aimed to optimization of the relationship between technology and human. Human-Computer Interaction Computers.
As a field of research, human-computer interaction is situated at the intersection of computer science, behavioral sciences, design, media studies, and several other fields of study. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Human?computer interaction researches the design and use of computer technology, focused on the interfaces between people and computers. Researchers in the field of HCI both observe the ways in which humans interact with computers and design technologies that let humans interact with computers in novel ways.
- Information design - Information design is the practice of presenting information in a way that fosters efficient and effective understanding of it. The term has come to be used specifically for graphic design for displaying information effectively, rather than just attractively or for artistic expression.
- Experience design - Experience design is the practice of designing products, processes, services, events, omnichannel journeys, and environments with a focus placed on the quality of the user experience and culturally relevant solutions.
- Information architecture - Information architecture is the structural design of shared information environments; the art and science of organizing and labelling websites, intranets, online communities and software to support usability and findability; and an emerging community of practice focused on bringing principles of...
- User experience design - User experience design is the process of enhancing user satisfaction with a product by improving the usability, accessibility, and pleasure provided in the interaction with the product.
- Mindfulness and technology - Mindfulness and technology is a movement in research and design, that encourages the user to become aware of the present moment, rather than losing oneself in a technological device. This field encompasses multidisciplinary participation between design, psychology, computer science, and religion.
- HCI Bibliography , a web-based project to provide a bibliography of Human Computer Interaction literature.
- Human?machine interaction
- Human communication
- Human?computer interaction
- Articles, Nooface www
Articles, Nooface, news and discussion on next-generation user interfaces. Nooface.
- This Computer Gripes www
This site is devoted to problems experienced with computer products. Computer Gripes.
- Books, Interaction and Information Design Resources www
Books, and Information Design Resources, articles, conferences, examples about interface design, information design, interaction design, multimedia, visual design. Interaction and Information Design Resources.
- Demonstrates dontclick.it - Institute for Interactive Research www
Demonstrates a mouse-based user interface that uses no clicks. Institute for Interactive Research. [Flash required] dontclick.it - Institute for Interactive Research.
- Offering EServer Technical Communication Library www
Offering links to articles, Technical Communication Library, academic programs, journals, professional organizations and materials of importance to user interface design and other aspects related to technical communication. EServer Technical Communication Library.
- An Graphical Interfaces to Support Information Search www
An annotated bibliography of graphical interfaces to information retrieval systems, Interfaces to Support Information Search, including 2D and 3D visualizations of query results. Graphical Interfaces to Support Information Search.
- Presents Interruptions in Human-Computer Interaction www
Presents bibliography, Human-Computer Interaction, research articles, news, and links. Interruptions in Human-Computer Interaction.
- Discussion User Interface Designs www
Discussion of UI and interaction design. Interface Designs. Design examples, forums, and list of related readings. User Interface Designs.
- Inter-disciplinary Glasgow University Interactive Systems Group www
Inter-disciplinary research group investigating all aspects of interactive systems. University Interactive Systems Group. United Kingdom. Glasgow University Interactive Systems Group.
- Study Carnegie Mellon University www
Study how people design, Mellon University, implement and use interactive computer systems, and how computers affect individuals, organizations and society. United States. Carnegie Mellon University.
- Online System Access to Go www
Online screenreader, Access to Go, free, available from any Internet-connected Windows machine. System Access to Go.
- Web WebbIE www
Web browser and other related utilities for blind and visually-impaired screen-reader users. WebbIE.
- A Accessibility Interoperability Alliance (AIA) www
A group of IT and assistive technology companies working to create and harmonize standards for accessible technology. Interoperability Alliance (AIA). Background information, list of members, news, and resources. Accessibility Interoperability Alliance (AIA).
- Offers Equal Access to Software and Information www
Offers resources, Access to Software and Information, online workshops and news on adaptive computer technology. Equal Access to Software and Information.
- Integrated Design Interpretive www
Integrated delivery of user interface design, Interpretive, industrial design, and usability assessment and testing services. Located in Ottawa, Canada. Design Interpretive.
- Offers Performance Research and Design www
Offers user-centred design services for product development, Research and Design, including usability testing, survey research, user-centered design and focus groups. Located in New York, USA. Performance Research and Design.
- International IUI'2004 www
International conference on intelligent user interfaces. IUI'2004. 13-16 Jan 2004. Island of Madeira, Portugal. IUI'2004.
- Association AACE Calendar of International Conferences www
Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education is an international, Calendar of International Conferences, educational and professional not-for profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the knowledge, theory, and quality of learning and teaching at all levels with information technology. AACE Calendar of International Conferences.
- A HCI Bibliography www
A list of publications and resources on human-computer interaction. HCI Bibliography.
- Alexa: Human-Computer Interaction Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Human-Computer Interaction Computers
- DMOZ: Human-Computer Interaction Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Human-Computer Interaction Computers