Do not submit In Computers:Internet:Abuse. Please look for the appropriate sub-section below. Denial of Service Sites about hostile web applets which maliciously consume resources. How To Report Sites which instruct how to report Internet abuse. How To Report Web Abuse Sites which instruct how to report abuse in specific web communities. Sexual Harassment Sites about sexual harassment on the Internet. Spam Sites which have to do with spam, anti-spam software and tactics, spam laws, and people accused of spamming. Spam laws Sites about spam laws. Abuse Internet Computers.
Abuse is the improper usage or treatment of an entity, often to unfairly or improperly gain benefit. (wikipedia)
- emotional abuse A form of abuse, characterized by a person subjecting, or exposing, another person to behavior...
- sexual abuse Sexual abuse, also referred to as molestation, is usually undesired sexual behavior by one person...
- Physical abuse Any intentional act causing injury or trauma to another person or animal by way of bodily contact.
- religion and politics The political science of religion is one of the youngest disciplines in the political sciences...
- dehumanisation Dehumanization or an act thereof can describe a behavior or process that undermines individuality...
- Catholic sexual abuse scandal in the United States A series of lawsuits, criminal prosecutions, and scandals over sexual abuse by Roman Catholic...
- Security Adventures of an Open Proxy Server www
Security whitepaper discussing proxy honeypots and observations on the types of abuse that are aided and enabled by insecure proxy servers. Adventures of an Open Proxy Server.
- Advice Composing abuse reports www
Advice on what to include in an abuse report to an ISP, abuse reports, what to omit, and where to send it. Composing abuse reports.
- A Network Abuse Clearinghouse www
A database of addresses for reporting Internet abuse. Network Abuse Clearinghouse.
- A Webguardian www
A nonprofit Internet watchdog, Webguardian, providing protection and advice for consumers and reducing Internet crime and fraud. Webguardian.
- Discusses Cyberbullying.ca www
Discusses recognition and prevention of intimidation by email, Cyberbullying.ca, IM, web sites and other internet or high-technology media. Cyberbullying.ca.
- A Pirated Sites www
A portal for sites pilfered, Sites, plundered and otherwise not original. Working to stop the theft of design and code. Pirated Sites.
- Monthly ScamBusters www
Monthly e-zine about recognizing, ScamBusters, preventing and fighting all types of fraud, misinformation and abuse perpetuated with the help of the internet. ScamBusters.
- A Net Abuse FAQ Index www
A collection of Frequently Asked Questions related to net abuse, Abuse FAQ Index, including spamming and e-mail scams. Net Abuse FAQ Index.
- Site Cyberbullying www
Site promotes awareness of bullying using technologies such as SMS, Cyberbullying, email and the internet, the damage it does, and ways to protect yourself from it. Cyberbullying.
- Resource Abuse.com www
Resource guides and bulletins for combating Internet-related abuse Abuse.com.
- A Cyber Law Enforcement www
A network of law enforcement officers who specialize in cybercrime investigation and training. Law Enforcement. Cover child pornography, cyberstalking, cyberscams and fraud online. Cyber Law Enforcement.
- An JCaptcha www
An open source Java framework for captcha definition and site integration. JCaptcha. Project information, documentation, issue tracker, and download. JCaptcha.
- A Inaccessibility of CAPTCHA www
A W3C Working Group Note explaining how CAPTCHAs can present a major obstacle to users who have limited vision or a learning disability such as dyslexia. CAPTCHA. This document examines a number of potential solutions and alternative systems. Inaccessibility of CAPTCHA.
- "Here's OJR : Bloggers Declare War on Comment Spam, but Can They Win? www
"Here's a look at the battle so far. Bloggers Declare War on Comment Spam, but Can They Win?." OJR : Bloggers Declare War on Comment Spam, but Can They Win?.
- Background Wired - Googlemania: The (Evil) Genius of Comment Spammers www
Background of the phenomenon of comment spam and how bloggers responded. Googlemania: The (Evil) Genius of Comment Spammers. Wired - Googlemania: The (Evil) Genius of Comment Spammers.
- A Cyberstalking www
A CBS News 48 hours feature including a set of stories focused on children's safety. Cyberstalking.
- A Working to Halt Online Abuse www
A volunteer organization founded in 1997 to fight online harassment through education of the general public, Halt Online Abuse, education of law enforcement personnel, and empowerment of victims. WHOA has also formulated voluntary policies which they encourage online communities to adopt in order to create safe and welcoming environments for all Internet users. Includes a form that victims of online harassment/cyberstalking can use to get help. Working to Halt Online Abuse.
- Information DDOS Protection www
Information about the world of distributed denial of service attacks and their prevention. DDOS Protection.
- An Trinoo Analysis www
An analysis of the DoS Project's trin00 master/slave programs, Analysis, which implement a distributed network denial of service tool. Trinoo Analysis.
- Forum OpgelichtopInternet.nl www
Forum dat hulp biedt bij problemen met een aan- of verkoop op het internet. OpgelichtopInternet.nl. Onderdeel van stichting "Stop internetoplichting". OpgelichtopInternet.nl.
- Meldpunt E-cops www
Meldpunt voor ongeoorloofd veronderstelde informatie op internet zoals racisme, E-cops, kansspelen of kinderpornografie. E-cops.
- Cincinnati, NYTimes.com - Dirty Laundry, Online for All to See www
Cincinnati, Dirty Laundry, Online for All to See, Ohio has put public documents online at courtclerk.org, and this has had a divisive impact on the community. [Requires free NYTimes.com registration to view.] NYTimes.com - Dirty Laundry, Online for All to See.
- List Women-Related Internet Info Email Lists www
List of news and discussion groups for women interested in the digital divide based on gender. Women-Related Internet Info Email Lists.
- General LivingInternet.com www
General guide to the Internet, LivingInternet.com, includes sections covering the history of the Web, email, Usenet and other topics. LivingInternet.com.
- International World Wide Web Consortium www
International industry consortium founded in 1994 whose purpose is to develop specifications, Wide Web Consortium, guidelines, software, and tools to promote the Internet's evolution and ensure its interoperability. World Wide Web Consortium.
- Alexa: Abuse Internet
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Abuse Internet
- DMOZ: Abuse Internet
dmoz.org Directory: Abuse Internet