A CAPTCHA is a type of test used to protects website services against use by automated programs that might abuse or otherwise take advantage of the service. The idea is to have a simple question that is easy for a human to answer, but difficult for a computer program. The standard technique is to ask users to type in text shown in an image. Typical applications include protecting registration and comment forms. CAPTCHA Abuse Internet Computers.
A CAPTCHA (a backronym for " C ompletely A utomated P ublic T uring test to tell C omputers and H umans A part") is a type of challenge-response test used in computing to determine whether or not the user is human. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A CAPTCHA is a type of challenge-response test used in computing to determine whether or not the user is human.
- reCAPTCHA - reCAPTCHA is a CAPTCHA-like system designed to establish that a computer user is human and, at the same time, assist in the digitization of books.
- Proof-of-work system - A proof-of-work system is an economic measure to deter denial of service attacks and other service abuses such as spam on a network by requiring some work from the service requester, usually meaning processing time by a computer.
- Micropayment - A micropayment is a financial transaction involving a very small sum of money and usually one that occurs online. A number of micropayment systems were proposed and developed in the mid-to-late 1990s, all of which were ultimately unsuccessful.
- Turing tests
- Internet forum terminology
- Computer vision
- Computer security
- PHP Captcha Creator www
PHP Captcha Script that generates unique captcha images to stop automated submissions, Creator, highly customizable, easy to install and configure. Captcha Creator.
- Offers TheCAPTCHA www
Offers a free and open source PHP script to reduce spam, TheCAPTCHA, also contains a detailed article about CAPTCHAs. TheCAPTCHA.
- Paper What’s Up CAPTCHA? A CAPTCHA Based On Image Orientation www
Paper by Rich Gossweiler, CAPTCHA? A CAPTCHA Based On Image Orientation, Maryam Kamvar, and Shumeet Baluja describing an investigation into a new type of CAPTCHA based on asking users to say which way up an image should be. What’s Up CAPTCHA? A CAPTCHA Based On Image Orientation.
- Includes CAPTCHA: Telling Humans and Computers Apart Automatically www
Includes demonstrations, Telling Humans and Computers Apart Automatically, research papers, and news. CAPTCHA: Telling Humans and Computers Apart Automatically.
- A Inaccessibility of CAPTCHA www
A W3C Working Group Note explaining how CAPTCHAs can present a major obstacle to users who have limited vision or a learning disability such as dyslexia. CAPTCHA. This document examines a number of potential solutions and alternative systems. Inaccessibility of CAPTCHA.
- Open Securimage www
Open source PHP script for generating image CAPTCHAs with audio alternatives. Securimage. Includes documentation, a gallery and an online demonstration. [LGPL] Securimage.
- Explains Wikipedia: CAPTCHA www
Explains how captcha features can keep spammers from signing up for certain accounts online, CAPTCHA, such as email or weblogs. Explains how the system can be circumvented as well. Wikipedia: CAPTCHA.
- An JCaptcha www
An open source Java framework for captcha definition and site integration. JCaptcha. Project information, documentation, issue tracker, and download. JCaptcha.
- Open 3DCaptcha www
Open source system that uses spatial cognition abilities of humans to differentiate them from machines. 3DCaptcha.
- A reCAPTCHA www
A captcha system that uses successful decodings to helps digitise books for online use. reCAPTCHA. Background, and details on how to incorporate into a site. Source code in several languages, and plugins for popular blogging and CMS software. reCAPTCHA.
- Site Cyberbullying www
Site promotes awareness of bullying using technologies such as SMS, Cyberbullying, email and the internet, the damage it does, and ways to protect yourself from it. Cyberbullying.
- Security Adventures of an Open Proxy Server www
Security whitepaper discussing proxy honeypots and observations on the types of abuse that are aided and enabled by insecure proxy servers. Adventures of an Open Proxy Server.
- Suggestion Jeremy Zawodny's Blog - Guerilla Tactics Against Blog Comment Spammers www
Suggestion that bloggers create posts that target the same spammy phrases that blog spammers want Google to find. Jeremy Zawodny's Blog - Guerilla Tactics Against Blog Comment Spammers.
- The Internetnews.com - Six Apart Trains Guns on 'Comment Spam' www
The blog tools vendor Six Apart plans to roll out an open online authentication system to fight the growing phenomenon of comment spam. Internetnews.com - Six Apart Trains Guns on 'Comment Spam'.
- Provides BlackSpider Technologies www
Provides spam filtering and virus protection for corporate customers. BlackSpider Technologies.
- Generates Sugarplum www
Generates fake data to give to e-mail harvesting robots. Sugarplum.
- Resource Abuse.com www
Resource guides and bulletins for combating Internet-related abuse Abuse.com.
- Advice Composing abuse reports www
Advice on what to include in an abuse report to an ISP, abuse reports, what to omit, and where to send it. Composing abuse reports.
- Alexa: CAPTCHA Abuse
Alexa Directory Top Sites: CAPTCHA Abuse
- DMOZ: CAPTCHA Abuse
dmoz.org Directory: CAPTCHA Abuse