Information on denial of service attacks, distributed denial of service, and methods of prevention. Denial of Service Abuse Internet Computers.
In computing, a denial-of-service ( DoS ) attack is an attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users, such as to temporarily or indefinitely interrupt or suspend services of a host connected to the Internet. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: In computing, a denial-of-service attack is a cyber-attack where the perpetrator seeks to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users by temporarily or indefinitely disrupting services of a host connected to the Internet. Denial of service is typically accomplished by flooding the targeted machine or resource with superfluous requests in an attempt to overload systems and prevent some or all legitimate requests from being fulfilled.
- Internet Relay Chat
- Denial-of-service attacks
- Offers Webscreen Technology www
Offers filtering appliances with DDoS mitigation features. Webscreen Technology.
- A Network Ingress Filtering www
A simple, Ingress Filtering, effective, and straightforward method for network administrators to prohibit DoS attacks which use forged IP addresses. Network Ingress Filtering.
- White Smurf Attack Information www
White paper describing and providing practical information on how to minimize the effects of smurf attacks. Smurf Attack Information.
- Description CERT Incident Note: DoS Attacks Using Nameservers www
Description of how intruders use name servers to execute packet flooding denial of service attacks. CERT Incident Note: DoS Attacks Using Nameservers.
- An Trinoo Analysis www
An analysis of the DoS Project's trin00 master/slave programs, Analysis, which implement a distributed network denial of service tool. Trinoo Analysis.
- A Understanding Denial-of-Service Attacks www
A brief overview on identifying DoS attacks from the US-CERT (United States Computer Emergency Response Team). Understanding Denial-of-Service Attacks.
- Tools DoShelp.com www
Tools and patches to protect a person's computer from hackers, DoShelp.com, Denial of Service, and other intrusions. DoShelp.com.
- Description Denial-of-service attack www
Description of DDoS and prevention resources from Wikipedia Encyclopedia. Denial-of-service attack.
- An Defeating DDoS www
An illustrated white paper describing Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack methodology and prevention. Defeating DDoS.
- Collection Denial of Service (DoS) Resource Page www
Collection of articles and links about Denial of Service attacks Denial of Service (DoS) Resource Page.
- The Smurf Amplifier Registry www
The Smurf Amplifier Registry (SAR) lets you probe Internet connected IP networks to see whether or not they are configured in a way that will allow perpetrators to use them for smurf amplification. Smurf Amplifier Registry.
- Strategies Cisco www
Strategies to protect against distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. Cisco. This article applies primarily to sites using Cisco equipment. Cisco.
- Research Denial of Service Attacks White Papers, Webcasts and Product Information from Top IT Vendors www
Research the latest Denial of Service Attacks technologies, Service Attacks White Papers, Webcasts and Product Information from Top IT Vendors, tools and techniques. Read white papers, case studies, webcasts and product information from multiple vendors. Denial of Service Attacks White Papers, Webcasts and Product Information from Top IT Vendors.
- A Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attacks/tools www
Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attacks/tools.
- Definition Whatis Definition of Denial of Service www
Definition plus discussion of various types of DoS attacks and how they work, Definition of Denial of Service, including Buffer Overflow, SYN, Teardrop and Smurf. Whatis Definition of Denial of Service.
- Free, Zombie Zapper www
Free, Zapper, open source tool that can tell a zombie system to stop flooding. Zombie Zapper works against Trinoo, TFN, Stacheldraht, Troj_Trinoo (the trinoo daemon ported to Windows), and Shaft. Zombie Zapper.
- Advice Denial of Service Help Page www
Advice for victims of Denial Of Service Attacks, Service Help Page, geared towards users of IRC (Internet Relay Chat) Denial of Service Help Page.
- Denial CERT Advisory CA-2000-01 Denial-of-Service Developments www
Denial of Service developments including description, Advisory CA-2000-01 Denial-of-Service Developments, impact, and solutions. CERT Advisory CA-2000-01 Denial-of-Service Developments.
- Information DDOS Protection www
Information about the world of distributed denial of service attacks and their prevention. DDOS Protection.
- Provider Black Lotus DDoS Protection www
Provider of turn-key DDoS protection solutions. Black Lotus DDoS Protection.
- An Stacheldraht Analysis www
An analysis of "stacheldraht", Analysis, a distributed denial of service attack tool, based on source code from the "Tribe Flood Network" distributed denial of service attack tool. Stacheldraht Analysis.
- Latest Microsoft Windows Update www
Latest bug fixes for Microsoft Windows, Windows Update, including fixes for some possible DoS attacks. Microsoft Windows Update.
- Charitable New Zealand Computer Emergency Readiness Team www
Charitable trust established to improve the general information security posture of New Zealand society. Zealand Computer Emergency Readiness Team. Provides news, alerts, trends and statistics. New Zealand Computer Emergency Readiness Team.
- Australian AusCERT www
Australian Computer Emergency Response Team. AusCERT. Advisories and tools. AusCERT.
- Distributed DShield www
Distributed Intrusion Detection System collects firewall log excerpts from volunteers. DShield. The logs are aggregated and analyzed. Several reports are generated showing trends in attack sources and methods used. DShield.
- Online FirewallSupport.com www
Online support service specifically focused on firewall security. FirewallSupport.com. Information and resources to troubleshoot firewall problems. FirewallSupport.com.
- Dedicated The 'Security Digest' Archives www
Dedicated to the history of the early 'Security Digest' archives, 'Security Digest' Archives, from the Unix 'Security Mailing List', through the Zardoz 'Security Digest' to the Core 'Security List'. The 'Security Digest' Archives.
- Security Training Reviews List www
Security training reviews, Reviews List, daily updates via newsletter available. Training Reviews List.
- The DerKeiler Security-News www
The latest security news from Cert, Security-News, Bugtraq, Securiteam and Vulnwatch, updated in Real-Time. DerKeiler Security-News.
- News SecureMac.com www
News and resources for securing the Mac OS X platform. SecureMac.com.
- Site Cyberbullying www
Site promotes awareness of bullying using technologies such as SMS, Cyberbullying, email and the internet, the damage it does, and ways to protect yourself from it. Cyberbullying.
- Advice Composing abuse reports www
Advice on what to include in an abuse report to an ISP, abuse reports, what to omit, and where to send it. Composing abuse reports.
- Alexa: Denial of Service Abuse
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Denial of Service Abuse
- DMOZ: Denial of Service Abuse
dmoz.org Directory: Denial of Service Abuse