Internet etiquette, or "Netiquette", refers to practices of writing, contact, and behavior on the Internet. This includes normal terms of etiquette, as well as other conventions of behavior that have become established over years of electronic communication. Etiquette Internet Computers.
Etiquette ( / ˈ ɛ t ᵻ ˌ k ɛ t / or / ˈ ɛ t ᵻ k ᵻ t / , French: ) is a code of behavior that delineates expectations for social behavior according to contemporary conventional norms within a society, social class, or group . (wikipedia)
- Etiquette A code of behavior that delineates expectations for social behavior according to contemporary...
- Etiquette (technology) Etiquette in technology governs what conduct is socially acceptable in an online or digital...
- Etiquette (Casiotone for the Painfully Alone album) The fourth studio album by Casiotone for the Painfully Alone, released in 2006.
- Etiquette (Something with Numbers album) The debut album by Australian punk rock band Something with Numbers.
- Etiquette in Society, in Business, in Politics, and at Home A book authored by Emily Post in 1922.
- A The Net: User Guidelines and Netiquette www
A guide to all aspects of electronic communication, Net: User Guidelines and Netiquette, including Telnet and FTP. A question and answer section is also given. The Net: User Guidelines and Netiquette.
- A Net-Ethiquette Cases www
A lengthy list of poor or abusive practices on the Internet which are to be avoided. Net-Ethiquette Cases.
- This Netiquette Guidelines www
This is the full text of RFC 1855, Guidelines, which is the unofficial standard work on electronic etiquette. Netiquette Guidelines.
- Information NetManners.com www
Information on netiquette, NetManners.com, quizzes, advice, e-zine and forums. NetManners.com.
- Guidelines AL6400.com - Netiquette Guidelines www
Guidelines and examples on how to respectfully communicate and interact with others on the Internet. AL6400.com - Netiquette Guidelines.
- An The Customer Respect Group www
An international research and consulting firm, Customer Respect Group, publishes the Online Customer Respect Index (CRI) and provides industry and company-specific research and analysis to help companies increase sales and customer retention by improving how they treat their customers online. The Customer Respect Group.
- Contains Netiquette - The Code of Conduct for the Internet www
Contains basic 'rules' to follow when interacting with others online via email, The Code of Conduct for the Internet, chat or forums. Netiquette - The Code of Conduct for the Internet.
- An Networking on the Net www
An article on professionalism, the Net, ethics and courtesy on the Internet, with special reference to e-mail, bulletin board, and chat communications. Networking on the Net.
- Provides N-etiquette.com www
Provides guidance on how to use e-mail and the Internet in various social situations. N-etiquette.com.
- Guidelines How to Keep Out of Trouble With Your E-mail www
Guidelines for using Internet e-mail and mailing lists politely. How to Keep Out of Trouble With Your E-mail.
- Over Concise Guidelines for Net Etiquette www
Over twenty five years of mistakes have made THE Eggman a pretty good authority on what you should NOT do to survive in Cyberspace. Guidelines for Net Etiquette. Here, he shares the major no-nos with you. Concise Guidelines for Net Etiquette.
- Gives Internet Netiquette www
Gives a summary of the important points of e-mail, Netiquette, mailing list, USENET, and chat etiquette. Internet Netiquette.
- Gives Netiquette Home Page www
Gives a description of the main rules of online etiquette. Home Page. A quiz, mailing list, and ordering information for an etiquette book are also provided. Netiquette Home Page.
- Monthly ScamBusters www
Monthly e-zine about recognizing, ScamBusters, preventing and fighting all types of fraud, misinformation and abuse perpetuated with the help of the internet. ScamBusters.
- Security Adventures of an Open Proxy Server www
Security whitepaper discussing proxy honeypots and observations on the types of abuse that are aided and enabled by insecure proxy servers. Adventures of an Open Proxy Server.
- Guide How To Ask Questions The Smart Way www
Guide to teach how to ask technical questions in a way more likely to get a satisfactory answer. How To Ask Questions The Smart Way.
- Help The Help Vampire: A Spotter's Guide www
Help vampires monopolize the time of people who answer questions in chat rooms and forums. Help Vampire: A Spotter's Guide. A guide on "helping" them without putting out tremendous and sometimes futile effort. The Help Vampire: A Spotter's Guide.
- Discusses Business Netiquette International www
Discusses proper procedures for composing and sending business-related e-mail messages, Netiquette International, especially in an international context. Business Netiquette International.
- Provides Seven Annoying E-Mail No-No's www
Provides some annoying habits of message composition. Annoying E-Mail No-No's. Directed to a business user. Seven Annoying E-Mail No-No's.
- Gives About Netiquette www
Gives advice on manners and formatting in electronic communications, Netiquette, with an emphasis on email. About Netiquette.
- Gives Towards an Ethics and Etiquette for Electronic Mail www
Gives a general introduction to e-mail, Ethics and Etiquette for Electronic Mail, and then offers guidelines for sending, receiving, and replying to messages. Towards an Ethics and Etiquette for Electronic Mail.
- Explains The Bincancel FAQ www
Explains why one should not post huge binaries to non-binary newsgroups. The Bincancel FAQ.
- Short Why is Bottom-posting better than Top-posting? www
Short lesson by A. Bottom-posting better than Top-posting?. Smit and H.W. de Haan explaining how threaded conversations such as found on Usenet are adversely affected by those who "top post" instead of "bottom post" their replies. Why is Bottom-posting better than Top-posting?.
- A How the Internet Runs www
A free lecture-based presentation on how the networks of the world interconnect to create the Internet. the Internet Runs. Covers NAP, PNAP, Internet history, Internet organizations and Internet protocols. How the Internet Runs.
- Includes: The Comprehensive Internet Reference www
Includes: discussion and information lists on the Internet, Comprehensive Internet Reference, Usenet newsgroups, FTP sites, computer products, vendors and Internet and Web design companies. The Comprehensive Internet Reference.
- International World Wide Web Consortium www
International industry consortium founded in 1994 whose purpose is to develop specifications, Wide Web Consortium, guidelines, software, and tools to promote the Internet's evolution and ensure its interoperability. World Wide Web Consortium.
- General LivingInternet.com www
General guide to the Internet, LivingInternet.com, includes sections covering the history of the Web, email, Usenet and other topics. LivingInternet.com.
- Alexa: Etiquette Internet
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Etiquette Internet
- DMOZ: Etiquette Internet
dmoz.org Directory: Etiquette Internet