Policy regarding Standards, Legislation, Regulations, Visions, Dreams and Plans about the Internet as a network of computers. Particularly focused on the governance process of the Internet. (How plans become standards, Who makes the decisions and so on.) Policy Internet Computers.
A policy is a deliberate system of principles to guide decisions and achieve rational outcomes. (wikipedia)
- Policy A deliberate system of principles to guide decisions and achieve rational outcomes. A policy...
- Monetary policy The process by which the monetary authority of a country, typically the central bank or currency...
- Public policy The principled guide to action taken by the administrative executive branches of the state with...
- Insurance policy A contract between the insurer and the insured, known as the policyholder, which determines the...
- Policy (Martha Davis album) The first solo studio album by Martha Davis, who is better known as the lead singer for the band...
- Numbers Game A form of illegal gambling or illegal lottery played mostly in poor and working class...
- Separation of mechanism and policy A design principle in computer science.
- RFC Editor www
Collates Request For Comments documents. Editor. Explains the RFC process, and includes a searchable database of RFCs.
- People PFIR - People For Internet Responsibility www
People For Internet Responsibility (PFIR) is a global, People For Internet Responsibility, grassroots, ad hoc network of individuals who are concerned about the current and future operations, development, management, and regulation of the Internet in responsible manners. The goal of PFIR is to help provide a resource for individuals around the world to gain an ability to help impact these crucial Internet issues, which will affect virtually all aspects of our cultures, societies, and lives in the 21st century. PFIR is non-partisan, has no po PFIR - People For Internet Responsibility.
- Three ICANNWatch www
Three academics providing a central point for those concerned with the actions and structure of ICANN. ICANNWatch. Mailing List, Editorial. ICANNWatch.
- Public-interest Canadian Internet Policy and Public Interest Clinic www
Public-interest foundation examining Internet issues. Internet Policy and Public Interest Clinic. Articles, news, links to web resources. Canadian Internet Policy and Public Interest Clinic.
- Reviews Internet: book reviews www
Reviews of books on Internet by Danny Yee from the Electronic Freedom Association of Australia. Internet: book reviews.
- Reports Internet Protocol - Quality of Service Page www
Reports the efforts made by ITTC in IP QoS (Quality of Service) research. Internet Protocol - Quality of Service Page.
- Its Noncommercial Domain Name Holders Constituency www
Its purpose is to support noncommercial speech and activity on the Internet - and to protect the domain names under which that speech is placed. Domain Name Holders Constituency. Currently, we are the only constituency in the ICANN Domain Name Supporting Organisation (DNSO) representing noncommercial speech. Noncommercial Domain Name Holders Constituency.
- This The US Congressional Internet Caucus www
This site contains information about the program and activities of the Advisory Committee and the Congressional Internet Caucus - a bi-partisan group of over 100 members of the House and Senate working to educate their colleagues about the promise and potential of the Internet. The US Congressional Internet Caucus.
- A Self-Regulation of Internet Content www
A project of the Bertelsmann Foundation dealing with the problem of illegal and harmful content on the Internet. Self-Regulation of Internet Content.
- A The Cyber-Federalist Occasional Commentaries www
A series of commentaries on the ICANN At Large elections and Internet governance. Cyber-Federalist Occasional Commentaries. Edited by Hans K. Klein who is an Assistant Professor in the School of Public Policy at the Georgia Institute of Technology. The Cyber-Federalist Occasional Commentaries.
- At Home-Berkman Center for Internet and Society www
At Harvard Law School. Center for Internet and Society. A research program founded to explore cyberspace, share in its study, and help pioneer its development. Highly active in Internet Public Policy. Home-Berkman Center for Internet and Society.
- The W3C - The World Wide Web Consortium www
The World Wide Web Consortium was created to lead the World Wide Web to its full potential by developing common protocols that promote its evolution and ensure its interoperability. W3C - The World Wide Web Consortium.
- What Microsoft and Internet Development www
What do computer programmers think about Microsoft's role in the development of the Internet, and Internet Development, and the social implications of the underlying technical issues? CorpWatch interview with Harry Hochheiser, Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility. Microsoft and Internet Development.
- Referenced Rating the Net www
Referenced report on Internet filtering software, the Net, by Jonathon Weinberg, Associate Professor, Wayne State University Law School. Rating the Net.
- Archive New York Times Internet Governance Archives www
Archive of Articles on Internet Governance from the New York Times Newspaper. New York Times Internet Governance Archives.
- Harvard Internet and Society 1999 - Course Description www
Harvard Law School Course on Internet Policy. and Society 1999 - Course Description. "This course examines current legal, political, and technical struggles for control/ownership of the global Internet and its content." Internet and Society 1999 - Course Description.
- CorpWatch Noam Chomsky on Microsoft and Corporate Control of the Internet www
CorpWatch interview. Noam Chomsky on Microsoft and Corporate Control of the Internet.
- Complete ICANN-Related Content from the Berkman Center for Internet and Society www
Complete index of all ICANN-Related Content from the Berkman Center for Internet and Society, Content from the Berkman Center for Internet and Society, including meeting archives, webcasts, and analysis. ICANN-Related Content from the Berkman Center for Internet and Society.
- A The Roving Reporter www
A collective nym for commentary, Roving Reporter, usually biting and shocking well referenced. Great collection of news and opinion commentary by one of the most informed minds in ICANN watching. The Roving Reporter.
- CPSR's Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility www
CPSR's website devoted to issues such as Internet filters, Professionals for Social Responsibility, encryption, digital signatures, PICS, ethics, NII, and privacy. Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility.
- A Governing the DNS Commons www
A conference by Computer Professionals For Social Responsibility about ICANN and the Domain Name system. the DNS Commons. Papers, Audio and Video Feeds, Printable Proceedings. Keynote by Ralph Nader. Governing the DNS Commons.
- Source O'Reilly Network: Policy DevCenter www
Source for information about Internet patents and related issues. Network: Policy DevCenter. The center provides developers patents news, articles and forums. O'Reilly Network: Policy DevCenter.
- A Net Abuse FAQ Index www
A collection of Frequently Asked Questions related to net abuse, Abuse FAQ Index, including spamming and e-mail scams. Net Abuse FAQ Index.
- Site Cyberbullying www
Site promotes awareness of bullying using technologies such as SMS, Cyberbullying, email and the internet, the damage it does, and ways to protect yourself from it. Cyberbullying.
- An Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group (WATWG) www
An unofficial collaboration of Web browser manufacturers and interested parties who wish to develop new technologies designed to allow authors to write and deploy Applications over the World Wide Web. Hypertext Application Technology Working Group (WATWG). Includes charter, news, specifications, and demonstrations. Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group (WATWG).
- Internet Internet for everyone www
Internet support organization in Slovakia, for everyone, for everyone, news from Slovak telecommunications, protest for cheaper Internet in Slovak Republic. "Internet pre vsetkych" Internet for everyone.
- A Internet2 www
A consortium led by universities working in partnership with industry and government to develop and deploy advanced network applications and technologies, Internet2, accelerating the creation of tomorrow's Internet. Internet2.
- International World Wide Web Consortium www
International industry consortium founded in 1994 whose purpose is to develop specifications, Wide Web Consortium, guidelines, software, and tools to promote the Internet's evolution and ensure its interoperability. World Wide Web Consortium.
- General LivingInternet.com www
General guide to the Internet, LivingInternet.com, includes sections covering the history of the Web, email, Usenet and other topics. LivingInternet.com.
- Alexa: Policy Internet
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Policy Internet
- DMOZ: Policy Internet
dmoz.org Directory: Policy Internet