These sites provide information on the various protocols which define how computers making up the Internet interact. Protocols Internet Computers.
- The Protocols of the Elders of Zion An antisemitic fabricated text purporting to describe a Jewish plan for global domination.
- Cryptographic protocol An abstract or concrete protocol that performs a security-related function and applies...
- Protocol (object-oriented programming) A common means for unrelated objects to communicate with each other.
- Etiquette A code of behavior that delineates expectations for social behavior according to contemporary...
- Protocol (science) A predefined written procedural method in the design and implementation of experiments.
- Protocol (band) A British pop group, who were formed in 2005. They were produced by Mike Peden.
- Protocol (film) A 1984 American comedy film starring Goldie Hawn and Chris Sarandon, written by Buck Henry, and...
- Proprietary protocol A communications protocol owned by a single organization or individual.
- RFC Editor www
Collates Request For Comments documents. Editor. Explains the RFC process, and includes a searchable database of RFCs.
- Overview Internet Encyclopedia www
Overview of Internet protocols. Internet Encyclopedia.
- A Active IETF Working Groups www
A directory of the Internet Engineering Task Force groups and their web pages. Active IETF Working Groups.
- List IETF Internet Drafts www
List of documents organized by alphabetized subjects. IETF Internet Drafts.
- A The Kermit Project www
A protocol that transfers text and binary files without errors between diverse types of computers over potentially hostile communication links, Kermit Project, and a suite of communications software programs; Columbia University. The Kermit Project.
- Well Port Numbers and Services Database www
Well known port numbers for TCP and UDP, Numbers and Services Database, from Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA). Port Numbers and Services Database.
- Description RFC Sourcebook www
Description of protocols, Sourcebook, file formats, glossary of terms, RFCs. RFC Sourcebook.
- A Internet2 www
A consortium led by universities working in partnership with industry and government to develop and deploy advanced network applications and technologies, Internet2, accelerating the creation of tomorrow's Internet. Internet2.
- Bittorrent Torrentfreak www
Bittorrent news and related information. Torrentfreak.
- A Mgnet.me www
A magnet URL shortening service to make sharing magnet links for torrents easier. Mgnet.me. Offers an open API. Mgnet.me.
- A What is SMB? www
A document on the SMB protocol. SMB?. What is SMB?.
- Mailing Samba.org: Mailing Lists www
Mailing lists and archives for the Samba project and some other free software projects. Samba.org: Mailing Lists.
- Provides SpreadMsg Lite www
Provides automated rule based messaging to alpha pagers, Lite, digital cellular and GSM phones, PDA's, or email. SpreadMsg Lite.
- Internet net.demon Software www
Internet toolkits for Windows 95/98/NT. net.demon Software.
- Linux Network Nirvana www
Linux Magazine article - How to make network configuration as easy as DHCP. Nirvana. [Free registration required to view this article.] Network Nirvana.
- A Problems and Solutions of DHCP www
A scientific article summarizing experiences with DHCP implementation and operation, and Solutions of DHCP, made by the authors. Problems and Solutions of DHCP.
- An NetworkClue - DNS & DNS Servers www
An overview on how DNS works and tutorials for installing and configuring DNS servers on Linux and Microsoft Servers. NetworkClue - DNS & DNS Servers.
- Paper Securing an Internet Name Server www
Paper discussing general name server security, Internet Name Server, with a focus on BIND. By Allen Householder and Brian King of CERT/CC. Securing an Internet Name Server.
- Reference FTP: File Transfer Protocol www
Reference manual aiming to describe how FTP actually works (and doesn't work) in practice. FTP: File Transfer Protocol.
- How FTPLab.Com www
How to choose an FTP program. FTPLab.Com. About tasks which can be performed by a special program called FTP Clients. FTPLab.Com.
- International World Wide Web Consortium www
International industry consortium founded in 1994 whose purpose is to develop specifications, Wide Web Consortium, guidelines, software, and tools to promote the Internet's evolution and ensure its interoperability. World Wide Web Consortium.
- General LivingInternet.com www
General guide to the Internet, LivingInternet.com, includes sections covering the history of the Web, email, Usenet and other topics. LivingInternet.com.
- Alexa: Protocols Internet
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Protocols Internet
- DMOZ: Protocols Internet
dmoz.org Directory: Protocols Internet