For protocols related to Usenet News (NNTP, standards for Usenet messages, proposed Usenet standards). Note that NNTP is an acronym for "Network News Transfer Protocol". NNTP Protocols Internet Computers.
The Network News Transfer Protocol ( NNTP ) is an application protocol used for transporting Usenet news articles ( netnews ) between news servers and for reading and posting articles by end user client applications. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The Network News Transfer Protocol is an application protocol used for transporting Usenet news articles between news servers and for reading and posting articles by end user client applications. Brian Kantor of the University of California, San Diego and Phil Lapsley of the University of California, Berkeley authored, the specification for the Network News Transfer Protocol, in March 1986. Other contributors included Stan O. Barber from the Baylor College of Medicine and Erik Fair of Apple Computer.
- News server - A news server is a set of software used to handle Usenet articles. It may also refer to a computer itself which is primarily or solely used for handling Usenet. A reader server provides an interface to read and post articles, generally with the assistance of a news client.
- Usenet newsgroup - A Usenet newsgroup is a usually within the Usenet system, for messages posted from many users in different locations using Internet. Despite the name, newsgroups are discussion groups, and are not devoted to publishing news, but were when the internet was young.
- Application layer protocols
- Internet Standards
- Specifies RFC 3501 www
Specifies the Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP), 3501, which can allow a client to access and manipulate electronic mail messages on a server and which can also be used for reading newsgroups. RFC 3501.
- Netnews RFC 5536 www
Netnews Article Format. 5536. K. Murchison, C. Lindsey, D. Kohn. November 2009. Obsoletes RFC 1036. RFC 5536.
- A Tin.org: News Related RFCs and Drafts www
A list of RFCs and drafts related to Usenet and e-mail, News Related RFCs and Drafts, maintained by the programmers of tin, a newsreader for Unix. Tin.org: News Related RFCs and Drafts.
- Common RFC 2980 www
Common NNTP Extensions. 2980. S. Barber. October 2000. Updated by RFC 3977, 4643 and 4644. RFC 2980.
- Network RFC 4643 www
Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) Extension for Authentication. 4643. J. Vinocur, K. Murchison. October 2006. Updates RFC 2980. RFC 4643.
- Using RFC 4642 www
Using Transport Layer Security (TLS) with Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP). 4642. K. Murchison, J. Vinocur, C. Newman. October 2006. RFC 4642.
- Freely mcntp www
Freely available implementation of Usenet news via multicast. mcntp.
- The RFC 0977 www
The Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP). 0977. B. Kantor, P. Lapsley. February 1986. Obsoleted by RFC 3977. RFC 0977.
- Network RFC 3977 www
Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP). 3977. C. Feather. October 2006. Obsoletes RFC 977, updates 2980. RFC 3977.
- Current Usefor Status Pages www
Current drafts and past works of the Usenet Article Format Group. Status Pages. These drafts, if approved, are intended to replace current RFCs. Usefor Status Pages.
- Standard RFC 1036 www
Standard for Interchange of USENET Messages. 1036. M.R. Horton, R. Adams. December 1987. Obsoleted by RFC 5536 and 5537. RFC 1036.
- Network RFC 4644 www
Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) Extension for Streaming Feeds. 4644. J. Vinocur, K. Murchison. October 2006. Updates RFC 2980. RFC 4644.
- Netnews RFC 4707 www
Netnews Administration System (NAS). 4707. P. Grau, V. Heinau, H. Schlichting, R. Schuettler. October 2006. RFC 4707.
- Netnews RFC 5537 www
Netnews Architecture and Protocols. 5537. R. Allbery, C. Lindsey. November 2009. Obsoletes RFC 1036. RFC 5537.
- A Diiva www
A newsreader designed for browsing encoded pictures in newsgroups. Diiva. It allows you to see previews of images before they're downloaded. Available for Mac and Windows. Diiva.
- Open NewsCoaster www
Open source offline and online newsreader for the Amiga. NewsCoaster.
- Hosts Ftp.tin.org: Server Software Repository www
Hosts several Usenet server packages including Leafnode, Server Software Repository, C news, Diablo and INN, and also very old applications like A news and B news for historical purposes. Ftp.tin.org: Server Software Repository.
- Presentation Wikipedia: News Server www
Presentation of news servers and explanation of differences between transit, News Server, reader and hybrid (also called "sucking" or cache) servers. Wikipedia: News Server.
- Tim Snoozenet www
Tim Pierce's New's Hacking page. Snoozenet. Includes links to RFC 977, 1036, son-of-1036. Snoozenet.
- Offers Usenet-Newsgroups.com www
Offers reviews of several websites on newsgroups. Usenet-Newsgroups.com. Includes a forum where users can share ideas and get assistance. Usenet-Newsgroups.com.
- Description RFC Sourcebook www
Description of protocols, Sourcebook, file formats, glossary of terms, RFCs. RFC Sourcebook.
- A The Kermit Project www
A protocol that transfers text and binary files without errors between diverse types of computers over potentially hostile communication links, Kermit Project, and a suite of communications software programs; Columbia University. The Kermit Project.
- Alexa: NNTP Protocols
Alexa Directory Top Sites: NNTP Protocols
- DMOZ: NNTP Protocols
dmoz.org Directory: NNTP Protocols