Request For Comments (RFC) documents are a series of notes about the Internet. Each RFC is assigned a unique number, and once published is not modified. RFCs Internet Computers.
An RFC is authored by engineers and computer scientists in the form of a memorandum describing methods, behaviors, research, or innovations applicable to the working of the Internet and Internet-connected systems. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A Request for Comments is a type of publication from the Internet Engineering Task Force and the Internet Society, the principal technical development and standards-setting bodies for the Internet.
- Request for Comments Category
- April Fools' Day RFC
- Internet Experiment Note - An Internet Experiment Note is a sequentially numbered document in a series of technical publications issued by the participants of the early development work groups that created the precursors of the modern Internet.
- Best Current Practice - A Best Current Practice is a de facto level of performance in engineering and information technology. It is more flexible than a standard, since techniques and tools are continually evolving.
- An RFC Viewer www
An RFC browsing utility for networking program and protocol developers. RFC Viewer.
- A RFC Search www
A search engine for locating RFC's and Internet-Drafts. RFC Search.
- Contains RFC-Editor www
Contains RFC news, RFC-Editor, search feature, details of the RFC-Online Project, and ASCII and PDF versions of all documents. RFC-Editor.
- Perl RFCUtil www
Perl script allowing access to RFCs by number and full-text search of all documents. RFCUtil. It features command line switches to spawn lynx or w3m to view the RFC, dump to file for offline viewing, or mailing to an address. RFCUtil.
- Repository RFC Ref www
Repository of RFC's in hyperlinked, Ref, colorful HTML format; table of contents appears in separate frame. RFC Ref.
- Response RFC 0073 www
Response to NWG/RFC 67. 0073. S.D. Crocker. September 1970. RFC 0073.
- Getting RFC 0064 www
Getting Rid of Marking. 0064. M. Elie. July 1970. RFC 0064.
- Initial RFC 0197 www
Initial Connection Protocol - Reviewed. 0197. A. Shoshani, E. Harslem. July 1971. RFC 0197.
- User/Server RFC 0106 www
User/Server Site Protocol Network Host Questionnaire. 0106. T.C. O'Sullivan. March 1971. RFC 0106.
- Comments RFC 0238 www
Comments on DTP and FTP Proposals. 0238. R.T. Braden. September 1971. RFC 0238.
- "Very RFC 0263 www
"Very Distant" Host Interface. 0263. A.M. McKenzie. December 1971. RFC 0263.
- Network RFC 0315 www
Network Host Status. 0315. E. Westheimer. March 1972. RFC 0315.
- Network RFC 0306 www
Network Host Status. 0306. E. Westheimer. February 1972. RFC 0306.
- TIPUG. RFC 0457 www
TIPUG. 0457. D.C. Walden. February 1973. RFC 0457.
- Host RFC 0404 www
Host Address Changes Involving Rand and ISI. 0404. A.M. McKenzie. October 1972. RFC 0404.
- Traffic RFC 0509 www
Traffic Statistics. 0509. (April 1973). A.M. McKenzie. April 1973. RFC 0509.
- NIC RFC 0550 www
NIC NCP Experiment. 0550. L.P. Deutsch. August 1973. RFC 0550.
- General LivingInternet.com www
General guide to the Internet, LivingInternet.com, includes sections covering the history of the Web, email, Usenet and other topics. LivingInternet.com.
- International World Wide Web Consortium www
International industry consortium founded in 1994 whose purpose is to develop specifications, Wide Web Consortium, guidelines, software, and tools to promote the Internet's evolution and ensure its interoperability. World Wide Web Consortium.
- Alexa: RFCs Internet
Alexa Directory Top Sites: RFCs Internet
- DMOZ: RFCs Internet
dmoz.org Directory: RFCs Internet