(Computer telephony adds computer intelligence to the making, receiving, and mangaging of telephone calls.) Companies and Products featuring Internet Telephony, New Age Telcos and the like. Telephony Internet Computers.
Telephony ( / t ə ˈ l ɛ f ə n i / tə- LEF -ə-nee ) is the field of technology involving the development, application, and deployment of telecommunication services for the purpose of electronic transmission of voice, fax, or data, between distant parties. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Telephony is the field of technology involving the development, application, and deployment of telecommunication services for the purpose of electronic transmission of voice, fax, or data, between distant parties. The history of telephony is intimately linked to the invention and development of the telephone.
- Telephony Category
- History of the telephone - This history of the telephone chronicles the development of the electrical telephone, and includes a brief review of its predecessors.
- Invention of the telephone - The invention of the telephone was the culmination of work done by many individuals, and involved an array of lawsuits founded upon the patent claims of several individuals and numerous companies. The telephone was invented by Alexander Graham Bell.
- History of telecommunications
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) www
FAQs, Initiation Protocol (SIP), background materials and lists of current work in this field.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: Voice over IP www
Encyclopedia article with background information, Voice over IP, technical details, and the advantages and disadvantages of VoIP. Wikipedia: Voice over IP.
- A Voice over IP and IP Telephony References www
A directory of talks, over IP and IP Telephony References, papers, books, organizations, vendors, standards, web pages, and standards on IP telephony. Voice over IP and IP Telephony References.
- Technical Packetizer www
Technical information about VoIP and videoconferencing. Packetizer.
- IP IP xStream www
IP Telephony data source. IP xStream.
- Provides SecureLogix Corporation www
Provides enterprise telephony management systems. SecureLogix Corporation.
- PC Iscom, Inc. PCCall Service www
PC to Phone call services. Iscom, Inc. PCCall Service.
- Provides Voice Systems Research, Inc. www
Provides unified messaging, Systems Research, Inc., voice mail, advanced call routing, and IP-based telephony solutions. Voice Systems Research, Inc..
- A VoIP Watch www
A weblog with news and reviews of VoIP products. VoIP Watch.
- Web-to-phone NetYak www
Web-to-phone call button for e-commerce. NetYak.
- An Voice over Internet Protocol www
An overview of VoIP from the Federal Communications Commission. over Internet Protocol. With news, FAQs, factsheets, and findings. Voice over Internet Protocol.
- FCC Internet Telephony: America Is Waiting www
FCC Chairman Kennard's remarks before the Voice Over Net Conference; Atlanta, Telephony: America Is Waiting, Georgia; September 12, 2000. Internet Telephony: America Is Waiting.
- Offers VOIP EZ www
Offers in depth information on implementing VoIP in both consumer and commercial settings. VOIP EZ.
- SIP, RADVision www
SIP, RADVision, 3G-324M, H.323 stacks and testing tools for VoIP vendors. RADVision.
- A VoIP Wiki www
A wiki that covers VoIP software, Wiki, hardware, service providers, reviews, configurations, and standards. VoIP Wiki.
- Provider iBasis www
Provider of wholesale international IP telephony services. iBasis.
- Lists 1888usa.com www
Lists free fax and phone resources on the web. 1888usa.com.
- Provides TEK DigiTel Corporation www
Provides communications solutions for the small to medium size business by integrating traditional PBX technology with data routing and VoIP technology. TEK DigiTel Corporation.
- Web-based CallSite www
Web-based customer service and call center. CallSite.
- Voice Spiderphone www
Voice conference calls using either telephone (based on a New York area code) or PC. Spiderphone.
- Offers Call2 www
Offers international phone calls using Internet access and a standard direct line telephone. Call2. Other applications of the technology are callback buttons for websites and voice conferencing. Call2.
- Hosted JustKnow www
Hosted capability to allow users to send messages and calls to mobile phones, JustKnow, phones, emails and calendars from websites. JustKnow.
- Portal Tech Invite www
Portal containing links to technical information and RFC documentation. Tech Invite.
- Operates Paltalk www
Operates with different chat systems such as ICQ and AIM, Paltalk, and enables live video calls. [Windows] Paltalk.
- An Internet Call Manager www
An easy and inexpensive way to stay on-line as long as you want and never miss a phone call. Internet Call Manager.
- PhoneAssistant BrightArrow Technologies www
PhoneAssistant speech recognition and unified messaging system for Windows-based PCs BrightArrow Technologies.
- Makers SoftCab www
Makers of Windows software for call recording, SoftCab, caller ID, autodialing, and other general web functions. SoftCab.
- Develops Nuance Communications www
Develops speech recognition, Communications, voice authentication, text-to-speech and VoiceXML based voice-browsing products and development tools for telephone access. Nuance Communications.
- Provides NG Communications www
Provides user-managed communication services to organizations and individuals. NG Communications.
- General LivingInternet.com www
General guide to the Internet, LivingInternet.com, includes sections covering the history of the Web, email, Usenet and other topics. LivingInternet.com.
- International World Wide Web Consortium www
International industry consortium founded in 1994 whose purpose is to develop specifications, Wide Web Consortium, guidelines, software, and tools to promote the Internet's evolution and ensure its interoperability. World Wide Web Consortium.
- Alexa: Telephony Internet
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Telephony Internet
- DMOZ: Telephony Internet
dmoz.org Directory: Telephony Internet