Web Design and Development guides users to subcategories which contain all resources and services having to do with designing, developing, maintaining, and promoting Web sites. Web Design and Development Internet Computers.
The World Wide Web ( WWW ) is an information space where documents and other web resources are identified by URLs, interlinked by hypertext links, and can be accessed via the Internet. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The World Wide Web is an information space where documents and other web resources are identified by Uniform Resource Locators, interlinked by hypertext links, and accessible via the Internet. English scientist Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web in 1989. He wrote the first web browser in 1990 while employed at CERN in Switzerland. The browser was released outside CERN in 1991, first to other research institutions starting in January 1991 and to the general public on the Internet in August 1991.
- World Wide Web Category
- Electronic publishing - Electronic publishing includes the digital publication of e-books, digital magazines, and the development of digital libraries and catalogues.
- Internet metaphors - Internet metaphors provide users and researchers of the Internet a structure for understanding and communicating its various functions, uses, and experiences.
- Internet security - Internet security is a branch of computer security specifically related to the Internet, often involving browser security but also network security on a more general level, as it applies to other applications or operating systems as a whole.
- Lists of websites - This is a list of lists of websites, sorted by type and subject, including comparisons and other lists of lists.
- Prestel - Prestel, the brand name for the UK Post Office's Viewdata technology, was an interactive videotex system developed during the late 1970s and commercially launched in 1979. It achieved a maximum of 90,000 subscribers in the UK and was eventually sold by BT in 1994.
- Streaming media - Streaming media is multimedia that is constantly received by and presented to an end-user while being delivered by a provider.
- Information Age
- British inventions
- English inventions
- Special Library Hi Tech Volume 20, Issue 2 www
Special issue: Accessibility of web-based information resources for people with disabilities. Tech Volume 20, Issue 2. Read abstracts online; pay for access to full articles. Library Hi Tech Volume 20, Issue 2.
- Disability alphaWorks : aDesigner www
Disability simulator software that helps Web designers ensure that their pages are accessible and usable by the visually impaired. aDesigner. (IBM ID required to download.) alphaWorks : aDesigner.
- Webmaster GIDForums www
Webmaster community that discusses issues on hosting, GIDForums, website design, and PHP/MySQL coding. GIDForums.
- Webmaster Loving Tech www
Webmaster forum featuring discussions on website design, Tech, blogging, search engine optimization, and internet marketing. Loving Tech.
- International WWW www
International World Wide Web Conference Series. WWW. Calendar maintained by the W3 Consortium. WWW.
- Annual d.Construct www
Annual one-day conference aimed at those building the latest generation of web-based applications. d.Construct. The event discusses how new technology is transforming the web from a document delivery system into an application platform. d.Construct.
- Informatie Woorden werken www
Informatie over schrijven, werken, redigeren en structureren van webteksten. Woorden werken.
- Een ThinkQuest www
Een jaarlijkse wedstrijd webdesign waarbij leerlingen van 10 tot 19 jaar educatieve sites maken. ThinkQuest.
- A Show The World www
A beginner's guide to building a web site using house construction as a conceptual metaphor. Show The World.
- Explains Who and What Guide www
Explains the purposes of and requirements for web authoring. Who and What Guide.
- A YourCGI.com www
A reasonable selection of remotely hosted cgi scripts. YourCGI.com. Free. YourCGI.com.
- Add-on SpellChecker www
Add-on spell checker for web sites or corporate intranets. SpellChecker. Hosted or licensed versions available. SpellChecker.
- International World Wide Web Consortium www
International industry consortium founded in 1994 whose purpose is to develop specifications, Wide Web Consortium, guidelines, software, and tools to promote the Internet's evolution and ensure its interoperability. World Wide Web Consortium.
- General LivingInternet.com www
General guide to the Internet, LivingInternet.com, includes sections covering the history of the Web, email, Usenet and other topics. LivingInternet.com.
- Alexa: Web Design and Development Internet
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Web Design and Development Internet
- DMOZ: Web Design and Development Internet
dmoz.org Directory: Web Design and Development Internet