This section is for very general sites covering the topic of multimedia. Multimedia is the combination of multiple forms of digital media such as text, images, sound, animation and video. It often includes interactivity and can be delivered on CD, DVD, hard drive or through the Internet Multimedia Computers.
Multimedia can be recorded and played, displayed, dynamic, interacted with or accessed by information content processing devices, such as computerized and electronic devices, but can also be part of a live performance. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Multimedia is content that uses a combination of different content forms such as text, audio, images, animations, video and interactive content. Multimedia contrasts with media that use only rudimentary computer displays such as text-only or traditional forms of printed or hand-produced material.
- Multimedia Category
- Artmedia - Artmedia was one of the first scientific projects concerning the relationship between art, technology, philosophy and aesthetics. It was founded in 1985 at the University of Salerno.
- Multi-image - Multi-image is the now largely obsolete practice and business of using 35mm slides projected by single or multiple slide projectors onto one or more screens in synchronization with an audio voice-over or music track.
- Multimedia Messaging Service - Multimedia Messaging Service is a standard way to send messages that include multimedia content to and from a mobile phone over a cellular network. Users and providers may refer to such a message as a PXT, a picture message, or a multimedia message.
- Multimedia search - Multimedia search enables information search using queries in multiple data types including text and other multimedia formats.
- New literacies - New literacies generally are new forms of literacy made possible by digital technology developments, although new literacies do not necessarily have to involve use of digital technologies to be recognized as such.
- New media art - New media art refers to artworks created with new media technologies, including digital art, computer graphics, computer animation, virtual art, Internet art, interactive art, video games, computer robotics, 3D printing, cyborg art and art as biotechnology.
- Communication design
- Film production
- Film and video terminology
- Collection The Multimedia Library Gazette www
Collection of articles, Multimedia Library Gazette, resources, and media for developers. The Multimedia Library Gazette.
- Gallery Multimedia/Hypermedia www
- Encylopedia Wikipedia: Demoscene www
Encylopedia article, Demoscene, including history, development, and impacts. Wikipedia: Demoscene.
- A The Hacker Demo Scene and its Cultural Artifacts www
A paper that reports on a study undertaken into vernacular forms of multimedia production referred to as "demos" or "intros" and variants of these terms among adherents of a computer oriented subculture identifying itself as "the scene". The Hacker Demo Scene and its Cultural Artifacts.
- Offers Linux Magazine: Flex, JavaFX, or Silverlight? www
Offers comparison of technologies. Magazine: Flex, JavaFX, or Silverlight?. Linux Magazine: Flex, JavaFX, or Silverlight?.
- A DVVideo.com www
A resource site providing news, DVVideo.com, tutorials and information for DV video film makers. Also available is a message board allowing you to interact with fellow DV enthusiasts. DVVideo.com.
- How Video CD FAQ www
How to play, FAQ, where to buy, how to make and how they are related to CD-i. Video CD FAQ.
- Portfolio Wit, Martijn de www
Portfolio van de multimedia ontwerper. Wit, Martijn de.
- Portfolio Artistmind www
Portfolio van multimedia ontwerper Jeroen van Beuningen. Artistmind. Met algemene informatie en een gallerij. Artistmind.
- Video Miracle Tutorials www
Video tutorials and articles on podcasting, Tutorials, video casting and video channels. Miracle Tutorials.
- Includes Diana Hughes Creative Lab www
Includes tutorials on Photoshop, Hughes Creative Lab, Flash, Dreamweaver and Director. Also includes a folio section. Diana Hughes Creative Lab.
- Computer ACM SIGGRAPH www
Computer Graphics organization, SIGGRAPH, bringing together scientists, engineers, artists and entrepreneurs, dedicated to the advancement of the Computer Graphics industry. Includes annual conferences, publications, local chapters, resources and job listings. ACM SIGGRAPH.
- A Wikipedia: Computer Graphics www
A comprehensive overview of Computer Graphics. Computer Graphics. Provides history, basic principals, and a breakdown of computer graphics categories. Includes descriptions of raster, vector and volumetric rendering. Wikipedia: Computer Graphics.
- Alexa: Multimedia Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Multimedia Computers
- DMOZ: Multimedia Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Multimedia Computers