These are sites of organizations dealing with technology for the purpose of human welfare. Non-Profit Organizations Computers.
A nonprofit organization ( NPO ) (also known as a non-business entity ) is an organization with the purpose of which is something other than making a profit. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A non-profit organization, also known as a non-business entity or non-profit institution, is dedicated to furthering a particular social cause or advocating for a shared point of view. In economic terms, it is an organization that uses its surplus revenues to further achieve its ultimate objective, rather than distributing its income to the organization's shareholders, leaders, or members. Non-profits are tax exempt or charitable, meaning they do not pay income tax on the money that they receive for their organization. They can operate in religious, scientific, research, or educational settings.
- Association without lucrative purpose - Vereniging zonder winstoogmerk or Association sans but lucratif or Vereinigung ohne Gewinnerzielungsabsicht is the legal term for a 'not-for-profit association' in Belgium; the French term also applies in Luxembourg and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Community organization - Community organization covers a series of activities at the community level aimed at bringing about desired improvement in the social well being of individuals, groups and neighborhoods.
- Fundraising - Fundraising or fund raising is the process of gathering voluntary contributions of money or other resources, by requesting donations from individuals, businesses, charitable foundations, or governmental agencies.
- Master of Nonprofit Organizations - The Master of Nonprofit Organizations, Master of Non-profit Management, Master of Not-for-Profit Leadership, Master of Nonprofit Studies, Master of Public Affairs, Master of Philanthropic Studies, Master of Nonprofit Administration and similarly named degrees offer graduate-level training in...
- Mutual organization - A mutual, mutual organization, or mutual society is an organization based on the principle of mutuality. Unlike a true cooperative, members usually do not contribute to the capital of the company by direct investment, but derive their right to profits and votes through their customer relationship.
- Non-commercial - Non-commercial refers to an activity or entity that does not, in some sense, involve commerce, at least relative to similar activities that do have a commercial objective or emphasis.
- Social economy
- Trade unions
- Types of organization
- Television terminology
- Confluence Confluence www
Confluence provides technology support services exclusively to nonprofit organizations. Confluence.
- A The Computer Technology Documentation Project www
A group of volunteers working to provide documentation for learning and reference for various technologies. Computer Technology Documentation Project. Also this organization helps to make technical educational materials available to those who cannot afford it. The Computer Technology Documentation Project.
- A FamilyNet International Inc. www
A resource for independent Baptist Churches. International Inc.. A BBS resource, internet access and utilities. Free Bible correspondence courses are offered in addition to other online services. FamilyNet International Inc..
- eLIT Empowerment Through Learning Information Technology www
eLIT is a non profit organization that teaches basic computing skills to socially and economically disadvantaged women and children. Empowerment Through Learning Information Technology.
- Seeks Progressive Technology Project www
Seeks to raise the scope and scale of technology resources available to grassroots organizations working for progressive social change. Progressive Technology Project.
- A Technology Access Foundation www
A nonprofit organization that works with both youth and adults in computer training. Technology Access Foundation.
- The San Diego Futures Foundation www
The Foundation provides computer donations and technical services to improve the futures of San Diego County's underserved kids, Diego Futures Foundation, teens, seniors, veterans, disabled, and other community members.They also provide access to technology resources and training. San Diego Futures Foundation.
- A TechReuse www
A program which refurbishes and redistributes donated computers in Eastern Ontario. TechReuse.
- The World Summit Award www
The World Summit on the Information Society, Summit Award, recognizing creative use of interactive digital media in content and diversity. World Summit Award.
- This Foundation IWith.org www
This foundation utilizes information technologies as a tool to aid progress and development in various countries. IWith.org. Some examples are to bring education to remote locations, expand and enhance medical resources and research capacity. Foundation IWith.org.
- The Computer Researchers Association in the Philippines www
The CRAP Organization is a non-profit organization that provides training programs and educational activities powered by Computer Generalist students in different schools and places. Computer Researchers Association in the Philippines.
- The Central Valley Digital Network www
The digital network provides access, Valley Digital Network, resources, and assists in building the technology infrastructure of selected organizations and agencies. Central Valley Digital Network.
- A Free Geek www
A Portland based non profit that provides free computers and education to those in need through the reuse and recycling of old computers in exchange for community service. Free Geek.
- Recycles Southern Maryland Applied Research and Technology Consortium, Inc. (SMARTCO) www
Recycles and donates computer equipment to those without means to afford them. Maryland Applied Research and Technology Consortium, Inc. (SMARTCO). Southern Maryland Applied Research and Technology Consortium, Inc. (SMARTCO).
- Focused National Urban Technology Center www
Focused on providing technology access and education for youth and adults in underserved communities, Urban Technology Center, this nonprofit promotes learning, academic performance, and workforce preparation. National Urban Technology Center.
- A Digital Links International - IT For Development www
A charity that provides affordable access to technology for people in developing countries through the responsible recycling of computer hardware and training. Digital Links International - IT For Development.
- A Center for Computer Redistribution, Inc. www
A nonprofit volunteer organization refurbishing donated personal computers to be given away free to persons disabled or disadvantaged. for Computer Redistribution, Inc.. Working to improve their quality of life by utilizing technological resources of the community. Center for Computer Redistribution, Inc..
- Non-profit Public Technology, Inc. www
Non-profit national technology organization dedicated to furthering the use of technology in both cities and counties, Technology, Inc., for both elected officials and professional managers. Public Technology, Inc..
- An Athena Alliance www
An organization dedicated to public education on the emerging global information economy. Alliance. Deals with challenges posed by technology on the problems of communities-left-behind and at risk through workshops, research activities, publications, reports and public education activities. Athena Alliance.
- Online Technology for Churches www
Online resource for finding ways to use technology for church services. for Churches. A Technology and media guide for churches. Technology for Churches.
- Based Technology for Social Change www
Based in Boston's Roxbury neighborhood this non profit provides recycled computers, for Social Change, services of skilled volunteers, and computer training to nonprofit groups in Massachusetts and around the world. Technology for Social Change.
- Helps NPower www
Helps non-profits use technology to better serve their communities, NPower, by providing integrated technology services including planning, consulting, training and support. Includes success stories, online resources, and information about how to get involved. NPower.
- A Networks And Development Foundation www
A non-governmental organization dedicated to the dissemination of new information and communication technologies (NICT) in developing countries, And Development Foundation, especially in Latin America and the Caribbean. Networks And Development Foundation.
- Charitable National Cristina Foundation www
Charitable organization that directs donations of used and surplus computer technology to non profits and public agencies throughout the United States and globally. National Cristina Foundation.
- Refurbishes Computers Assisting People www
Refurbishes and repairs donated computer equipment, Assisting People, and then provides it, free of charge, to non-profit organizations in the Cleveland area. Computers Assisting People.
- Independent UK Centre for Economic and Environmental Development www
Independent charitable foundation focusing on sustainable business, Centre for Economic and Environmental Development, marine environment, information and communication technologies. UK Centre for Economic and Environmental Development.
- Technology TechFoundation www
Technology philanthropy for nonprofits. TechFoundation. Grant information, IT seminars, discount software and other resources aimed at bridging the digital divide for nonprofits. TechFoundation.
- Social Community Technology Foundation of California www
Social justice, Technology Foundation of California, equity, and access through community technology and diverse social change initiatives in underserved communities. Community Technology Foundation of California.
- Digital Digital Promise www
Digital Promise is a non-profit dedicated to promoting and expanding access to computer technology in low-income housing communities. Digital Promise.
- Computers Computers For Charities www
Computers for Charities operates educational projects in schools to vocational projects in Prisons. For Charities. Computers are recycled, used or sold to for fundraising. Computers For Charities.
- ONE/Northwest ONE/Northwest - Online Networking for The Environment www
ONE/Northwest is a non-profit supporting the environment and grass roots organizations through the use of technology. ONE/Northwest - Online Networking for The Environment.
- Non-profit Internet Education Foundation www
Non-profit organization dedicated to educating the public and policymakers about the potential of a decentralized global Internet to promote democracy, Education Foundation, communications, and commerce. Internet Education Foundation.
- Worldwide Information Systems Audit and Control Association www
Worldwide association of Information Systems professionals dedicated to the Audit, Systems Audit and Control Association, Control, and Security of financial and operating information systems Information Systems Audit and Control Association.
- The Software Information Industry Association www
The SIIA is an association for software companies whose mission is to protect, Information Industry Association, promote, and inform the industry. Software Information Industry Association.
- Studying Foundation for Information Policy Research (UK) www
Studying the interaction between information technology and society. for Information Policy Research (UK). Goal is to identify technical developments with significant social impact, commission research into public policy alternatives, and promote public understanding and dialogue between technologists and policy-makers in the UK and Europe. (Funded by Microsoft) Foundation for Information Policy Research (UK).
- A Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility www
A public-interest alliance of computer scientists and others concerned about the impact of computer technology on society. Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility.
- Aims European Association for Theoretical Computer Science www
Aims to facilitate the exchange of ideas and results among theoretical computer scientists and to stimulate cooperation between theorists and practitioners. Association for Theoretical Computer Science. Has organization, publication and activities information and news. European Association for Theoretical Computer Science.
- The Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. www
The German organization presents itself, für Informatik e.V., its special interest groups, regional groups, advisory councils, awards and prizes. Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V..
- Scottish Scottish UPA www
Scottish chapter of the Usability Professionals' Association. UPA. Supports human centered design specialists and people based in Scotland. Provides information on forthcoming events and conferences. Scottish UPA.
- News British Human-Computer Interaction Group www
News and events, Human-Computer Interaction Group, mailing list, list of courses and consultants, publications and links. British Human-Computer Interaction Group.
- Offers Irish Internet Association www
Offers access to seminars, Internet Association, discussion forums, lobbying representation, and bi-monthly digests. Irish Internet Association.
- ARIN American Registry for Internet Numbers www
ARIN is the regional registry of IP and ASN numbers for North America, Registry for Internet Numbers, South America, the Caribbean, and sub-Saharan Africa. American Registry for Internet Numbers.
- Organization Electronic Frontier Foundation www
Organization working to protect privacy and freedom of expression on the Internet. Frontier Foundation. Has up-to-date news on privacy related issues. Has internal search engine. Electronic Frontier Foundation.
- EIF European Internet Foundation www
EIF helps shape European Union policy for e-commerce, Internet Foundation, e-democracy and the digital revolution. It is led by Members of the European Parliament, and supported by internet companies, academics and public bodies. European Internet Foundation.
- An Computer Clubhouse Network www
An after-school learning environment for kids to explore their own interests and learn about technology. Computer Clubhouse Network.
- A The National Computing Centre (UK) www
A membership and research organization with the aim of promoting the effective use of information technology. National Computing Centre (UK). The National Computing Centre (UK).
- Alexa: Non-Profit Organizations
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Non-Profit Organizations
- DMOZ: Non-Profit Organizations
dmoz.org Directory: Non-Profit Organizations