This section contains information about parallel programming languages, including extensions to existing sequential languages as well as completely new languages. Message-passing libraries that allow writing parallel programs in a normally sequential language are listed in Computers-Parallel_Computing-Programming. Languages Programming Parallel Computing Computers.
Language is the ability to acquire and use complex systems of communication, particularly the human ability to do so, and a language is any specific example of such a system. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Language is a system that consists of the development, acquisition, maintenance and use of complex systems of communication, particularly the human ability to do so; and a language is any specific example of such a system.
- Language Category
- Human communication - Human communication, or anthroposemiotics, is the field dedicated to understanding how humans communicate. Human communication is grounded in cooperative and shared intentions.
- International auxiliary language - An international auxiliary language or interlanguage is a language meant for communication between people from different nations who do not share a common first language. An auxiliary language is primarily a second language.
- Outline of linguistics - Linguistics is the scientific study of natural language. Someone who engages in this study is called a linguist. Linguistics can be theoretical or applied.
- Problem of religious language - The problem of religious language considers whether it is possible to talk about God meaningfully if the traditional conceptions of God as being incorporeal, infinite, and timeless, are accepted.
- Psycholinguistics - Psycholinguistics or psychology of language is the study of the psychological and neurobiological factors that enable humans to acquire, use, comprehend and produce language. The discipline is mainly concerned with the mechanisms in which languages are processed and represented in the brain.
- Speech-language pathology - Speech-language pathology is a field of expertise practiced by a clinician known as a speech-language pathologist, also sometimes referred to as a speech and language therapist or a speech therapist.
- Human communication
- Open Source Erlang www
By Ericsson Computer Science Laboratory, Source Erlang, soft realtime, declarative, functional language for concurrent, distributed systems. Compiles to BSD, Linux, Solaris, VxWorks, Windows. Descriptions, documents, links, projects: Ericsson, user. [Open Source, Erlang Public License]
- Community Unified Parallel C at George Washington University www
Community site: projects, Parallel C at George Washington University, news, FAQ, documents, publications, tutorials, forum, mail list, work groups, events, downloads. Unified Parallel C at George Washington University.
- A The Cilk Project www
A language for multithreaded parallel programming based on ANSI C. Cilk Project. Source code, manual, papers, and research into parallel chess programs. The Cilk Project.
- Parallelizing BERT 77 www
Parallelizing compiler for Fortran 77. 77. Software download, reference manual, mailing list. Free. BERT 77.
- Structured Parallaxis-III www
Structured language for data-parallel programming (SIMD systems), Parallaxis-III, based on sequential Modula-2, extended. Source code, binaries, sample code, documents. Parallaxis-III.
- Object-oriented Mentat www
Object-oriented parallel language based on C++. Mentat. Documentation, source code and binaries, and sample programs. Mentat.
- Jade Jade www
Jade is a parallel extension to C that allows transparent access to shared memory. Jade. Papers, manual, and source code. Jade.
- An ZPL www
An array programming language. ZPL. Sample code, papers, recipes, reference manual, and source code. ZPL.
- A JavaParty www
A minimal extension to Java easing distributed parallel programming of cluster computers. JavaParty. A source code transformation automatically generates a distributed pure Java program based on RMI or KaRMI. JavaParty.
- An Charm++ www
An object-oriented portable parallel language built on top of C++. Charm++. Source code, binaries, manuals, and publications. Charm++.
- Synchronizing The SR Programming Language www
Synchronizing Resources is a language for writing concurrent programs. Programming Language. Source code, mailing list archive, and documentation. The SR Programming Language.
- Extensions Unified Parallel C: UPC www
Extensions to C to support distinctions between local and shared data structures, Parallel C: UPC, and pointers to them; for high performance computing on large-scale parallel machines, uniform programming model for shared and distributed memory. Unified Parallel C: UPC.
- Language Orca www
Language for parallel programming on distributed systems, Orca, based on the shared data-object model, a portable form of object-based distributed shared memory. Papers and manual. Orca.
- C-based Maisie www
C-based simulation language that can be used for sequential and parallel execution of discrete-event simulation models. Maisie. Papers, source code, sample models. Replaced by PARSEC language. Maisie.
- A NESL www
A functional parallel language. NESL. Tutorial, source code, algorithm library, animations, and reference manual. NESL.
- An Z++ www
An extension of C++ to platform-free distributed computing. Z++. It enhances C++ with invariants, threading, database, GUI and conponent-oriented design. Z++ virtual processor supports the entire language on many platforms. Z++.
- Experimental Acute www
Experimental high-level language for distributed computing, Acute, focus: typing, naming, version change; designed, formally specified, implemented; extends OCaml core to support distributed development, deployment, execution, type-safe interaction between separately-built programs. Acute.
- PARallel PARSEC www
PARallel Simulation Environment for Complex systems. PARSEC. C-based simulation language for sequential and parallel execution of discrete-event simulation models. Online technical support, manuals, source code. Replaced Maisie language. PARSEC.
- A PARLANSE www
A parallel programming language supporting symbolic computation on SMP workstations. PARLANSE.
- A APL Description www
A brief description and chronology of the APL programming language, Description, by Jan Bakker. Includes code examples and references. APL Description.
- Several Hello, World Program www
Several variants written in APL. Hello, World Program.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: Clean Programming Language www
Encyclopedia article, Clean Programming Language, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia: Clean Programming Language.
- Life: The Game of Life www
Life: A Clean Programming Tutorial and Case Study. Game of Life. Tutorial for this functional language, in the form of a stepwise development of 2 programs to animate Conway's The Game of Life.
- A NesC www
A language for Deeply Networked Systems, NesC, implemented as a C extension based on structuring concepts and execution model of TinyOS, an event-driven OS for sensor network nodes with very limited resources: 8K bytes program memory, 512 bytes RAM. NesC.
- C# Comega: Cω www
C# extension, Cω, in two areas: Control flow extension for asynchronous wide area concurrency (was Polyphonic C#); Data type extension for XML and table manipulation (was Xen and X#). Comega: Cω.
- MIT Computation Structures Group: CSG www
MIT research group which does dataflow programming research. Computation Structures Group: CSG.
- Growing Dataflow Language www
Growing article, Language, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia] Dataflow Language.
- Several Electric Communities www
Several original E documents: white paper, Communities, programmer manual (getting started, runtime, language specification, classes, tools), tutorial (introduction; getting started; hello world, ewhen, inverse; dice), datasheet, glossary, trust manager, distributed garbage collector, and commerce demo. Electric Communities.
- Developing Combex, Inc. www
Developing capability secure distributed computing systems, Inc., prototype desktop via DARPA research grant; personnel represent most of E expertise from over $11M of research and development effort over 6 years. Descriptions, papers, contacts, personnel. Combex, Inc..
- Erlang Erlang Forum www
Erlang Forums used from discussions on Erlang, Forum, OTP, and aspects of concurrent functional programming. Erlang Forum.
- An OpenMP www
An API for multi-platform shared-memory parallel programming in C/C++ and Fortran. OpenMP. Specification, presentations, event calendar, and sample programs. OpenMP.
- Java Jaguar: Fast Network Communication and I/O in Java www
Jaguar: Fast Network Communication and I/O in Java.
- Alexa: Languages Programming
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Languages Programming
- DMOZ: Languages Programming
dmoz.org Directory: Languages Programming