This section contains information about parallel programming languages, including extensions to existing sequential languages as well as completely new languages. Message-passing libraries that allow writing parallel programs in a normally sequential language are listed in Computers-Parallel_Computing-Programming. Languages Programming Parallel Computing Computers.
Language is the ability to acquire and use complex systems of communication, particularly the human ability to do so, and a language is any specific example of such a system. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Language is a system that consists of the development, acquisition, maintenance and use of complex systems of communication, particularly the human ability to do so; and a language is any specific example of such a system.
- Language Category
- Human communication - Human communication, or anthroposemiotics, is the field dedicated to understanding how humans communicate. Human communication is grounded in cooperative and shared intentions.
- International auxiliary language - An international auxiliary language or interlanguage is a language meant for communication between people from different nations who do not share a common first language. An auxiliary language is primarily a second language.
- Outline of linguistics - Linguistics is the scientific study of natural language. Someone who engages in this study is called a linguist. Linguistics can be theoretical or applied.
- Problem of religious language - The problem of religious language considers whether it is possible to talk about God meaningfully if the traditional conceptions of God as being incorporeal, infinite, and timeless, are accepted.
- Psycholinguistics - Psycholinguistics or psychology of language is the study of the psychological and neurobiological factors that enable humans to acquire, use, comprehend and produce language. The discipline is mainly concerned with the mechanisms in which languages are processed and represented in the brain.
- Speech-language pathology - Speech-language pathology is a field of expertise practiced by a clinician known as a speech-language pathologist, also called speech and language therapist or speech therapist. SLP is considered a "related health profession" along with occupational therapy, physical therapy, and others.
- Human communication
- Synchronizing The SR Programming Language www
Synchronizing Resources is a language for writing concurrent programs. Programming Language. Source code, mailing list archive, and documentation. The SR Programming Language.
- Community Unified Parallel C at George Washington University www
Community site: projects, Parallel C at George Washington University, news, FAQ, documents, publications, tutorials, forum, mail list, work groups, events, downloads. Unified Parallel C at George Washington University.
- Extensions Unified Parallel C: UPC www
Extensions to C to support distinctions between local and shared data structures, Parallel C: UPC, and pointers to them; for high performance computing on large-scale parallel machines, uniform programming model for shared and distributed memory. Unified Parallel C: UPC.
- An Z++ www
An extension of C++ to platform-free distributed computing. Z++. It enhances C++ with invariants, threading, database, GUI and conponent-oriented design. Z++ virtual processor supports the entire language on many platforms. Z++.
- A JavaParty www
A minimal extension to Java easing distributed parallel programming of cluster computers. JavaParty. A source code transformation automatically generates a distributed pure Java program based on RMI or KaRMI. JavaParty.
- Jade Jade www
Jade is a parallel extension to C that allows transparent access to shared memory. Jade. Papers, manual, and source code. Jade.
- Structured Parallaxis-III www
Structured language for data-parallel programming (SIMD systems), Parallaxis-III, based on sequential Modula-2, extended. Source code, binaries, sample code, documents. Parallaxis-III.
- Language Orca www
Language for parallel programming on distributed systems, Orca, based on the shared data-object model, a portable form of object-based distributed shared memory. Papers and manual. Orca.
- A NESL www
A functional parallel language. NESL. Tutorial, source code, algorithm library, animations, and reference manual. NESL.
- An Charm++ www
An object-oriented portable parallel language built on top of C++. Charm++. Source code, binaries, manuals, and publications. Charm++.
- C-based Maisie www
C-based simulation language that can be used for sequential and parallel execution of discrete-event simulation models. Maisie. Papers, source code, sample models. Replaced by PARSEC language. Maisie.
- Experimental Acute www
Experimental high-level language for distributed computing, Acute, focus: typing, naming, version change; designed, formally specified, implemented; extends OCaml core to support distributed development, deployment, execution, type-safe interaction between separately-built programs. Acute.
- A The Cilk Project www
A language for multithreaded parallel programming based on ANSI C. Cilk Project. Source code, manual, papers, and research into parallel chess programs. The Cilk Project.
- A PARLANSE www
A parallel programming language supporting symbolic computation on SMP workstations. PARLANSE.
- An ZPL www
An array programming language. ZPL. Sample code, papers, recipes, reference manual, and source code. ZPL.
- Parallelizing BERT 77 www
Parallelizing compiler for Fortran 77. 77. Software download, reference manual, mailing list. Free. BERT 77.
- PARallel PARSEC www
PARallel Simulation Environment for Complex systems. PARSEC. C-based simulation language for sequential and parallel execution of discrete-event simulation models. Online technical support, manuals, source code. Replaced Maisie language. PARSEC.
- Object-oriented Mentat www
Object-oriented parallel language based on C++. Mentat. Documentation, source code and binaries, and sample programs. Mentat.
- An JimW's APL Information www
An overview of APL, APL Information, information on getting started, and a large collection of APL articles and references. JimW's APL Information.
- A APL Description www
A brief description and chronology of the APL programming language, Description, by Jan Bakker. Includes code examples and references. APL Description.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: Clean Programming Language www
Encyclopedia article, Clean Programming Language, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia: Clean Programming Language.
- Full Clean Game Library www
Full development system for 2D games: arcade, Game Library, side scrollers, platform games. Clean Game Library.
- MC# MC# www
MC# (Multiprocessor C#) is a high-level object-oriented language based on . MC#.NET platform made for developing complex industrial program systems that can use multiprocessors. MC#.
- CSP Communicating Sequential Processes www
CSP is a language for describing patterns of interaction. Sequential Processes. A book by Tony Hoare introducing the language and the mathematical theory behind it is available in PDF format. Communicating Sequential Processes.
- MIT Computation Structures Group: CSG www
MIT research group which does dataflow programming research. Computation Structures Group: CSG.
- Growing Dataflow Language www
Growing article, Language, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia] Dataflow Language.
- Several Electric Communities www
Several original E documents: white paper, Communities, programmer manual (getting started, runtime, language specification, classes, tools), tutorial (introduction; getting started; hello world, ewhen, inverse; dice), datasheet, glossary, trust manager, distributed garbage collector, and commerce demo. Electric Communities.
- Home ERights.org www
Home of E, ERights.org, the secure distributed object platform and scripting language for writing Capability-Based Smart Contracts. ERights.org.
- Offers Erlang Training and Consulting Ltd. www
Offers Erlang/OTP training courses at all levels, Training and Consulting Ltd., seminars, consulting services and code reviews. Based in London, its consultants and trainers are available for long and short term jobs worldwide. Erlang Training and Consulting Ltd..
- Growing Erlang Programming Language www
Growing article, Programming Language, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia] Erlang Programming Language.
- A NetSolve www
A client-server system that enables users to solve complex scientific problems remotely using a variety of languages. NetSolve. Documentation and software available. NetSolve.
- Information AppleSeed www
Information for clustering and writing programs for Macintoshes using MPI. AppleSeed. Source code, tutorials, and benchmarks. AppleSeed.
- Alexa: Languages Programming
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Languages Programming
- DMOZ: Languages Programming
dmoz.org Directory: Languages Programming