This section contains implementations and documentation about parallel programming libraries. A parallel programming library is a set of functions that allows a program to run computations on multiple nodes of a parallel computer. The library provides a way for the program running on one node to communicate with the program communicating on another node. Parallel libraries often have implementations (or bindings ) for many different languages. Some programming languages have built-in parallel functionality. These languages are listed in Parallel_Computing-Programming-Languages. Libraries Programming Parallel Computing Computers.
A library is a collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or borrowing. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A library is a collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or borrowing. It provides physical or digital access to material, and may be a physical building or room, or a virtual space, or both. A library's collection can include books, periodicals, newspapers, manuscripts, films, maps, prints, documents, microform, CDs, cassettes, videotapes, DVDs, Blu-ray Discs, e-books, audiobooks, databases, and other formats. Libraries range in size from a few shelves of books to several million items. In Latin and Greek, the idea of a bookcase is represented by Bibliotheca and Biblioth?k?: derivatives of these mean library in many modern languages, e.g. French biblioth que.
- Book promotion
- Library science
- An Shmem Put/Get-FM www
- Release Cray Message Passing Toolkit www
Release notes for MPI, Message Passing Toolkit, PVM, and SHMEM implementations for Cray PVP systems. Cray Message Passing Toolkit.
- A GAMMA Project www
A network device driver for Linux and message passing library. Project. Benchmarks, papers, and source code. GAMMA Project.
- Data-Parallel DAPPLE www
Data-Parallel Programming Library for Education is a parallel library for C++ that defines vector and matrix types. DAPPLE. Software, reference manual, and sample code. DAPPLE.
- A Coherent Virtual Machine www
A distributed shared memory system. Virtual Machine. Papers and bibliography. Coherent Virtual Machine.
- A Fast Messages www
A messaging layer designed to allow small messages to be transmitted quickly. Messages. Documentation and software distribution. Fast Messages.
- An BSPlab www
An environment for experimenting with BSP programs on different parallel architectures. BSPlab. Source code and documentation. BSPlab.
- An BSP Worldwide www
An informal association of people interested in the development of BSP. Worldwide. Links to research projects, events, and downloads of libraries. BSP Worldwide.
- Tools AutoMap and AutoLink www
Tools for using user-defined data types with MPI. and AutoLink. Papers, source code, and documentation. AutoMap and AutoLink.
- System StarMPI www
System to allow binding of MPI to a generic interactive language. StarMPI. Source code and documentation. StarMPI.
- Performance PGPVM2 www
Performance visualization tools for PVM. PGPVM2.
- A PIOUS for PVM www
A parallel file system on top of PVM. for PVM. Source code, documentation, and white papers. PIOUS for PVM.
- Java Jaguar: Fast Network Communication and I/O in Java www
Jaguar: Fast Network Communication and I/O in Java.
- An OpenMP www
An API for multi-platform shared-memory parallel programming in C/C++ and Fortran. OpenMP. Specification, presentations, event calendar, and sample programs. OpenMP.
- Alexa: Libraries Programming
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Libraries Programming
- DMOZ: Libraries Programming
dmoz.org Directory: Libraries Programming