Section for compilers, and the theory and practice of creating them. This section does not include compilers for specific languages, which are found elsewhere in subcategories for the source languages involved. Systems for generating separate compiler components (lexers-parsers, code generators or transformation tools) or cross-compilers are found in their respective subcategories under -Compilers. Compilers Programming Computers.
A compiler is a computer program (or a set of programs) that transforms source code written in a programming language (the source language) into another computer language (the target language), with the latter often having a binary form known as object code. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A compiler is computer software that transforms computer code written in one programming language into another programming language. Compilers are a type of translator that support digital devices, primarily computers. The name compiler is primarily used for programs that translate source code from a high-level programming language to a lower level language to create an executable program.
- Abstract interpretation - In computer science, abstract interpretation is a theory of sound approximation of the semantics of computer programs, based on monotonic functions over ordered sets, especially lattices.
- Bottom-up parsing - In computer science, parsing reveals the grammatical structure of linear input text, as a first step in working out its meaning. Bottom-up parsing recognizes the text's lowest-level small details first, before its mid-level structures, and leaving the highest-level overall structure to last.
- Compile and go loader - In computer programming, a compile and go system, compile, load, and go system, assemble and go system, or load and go system is a programming language processor in which the compilation, assembly, or link steps are not separated from program execution.
- Compile farm - A compile farm is a server farm, a collection of one or more servers, which has been set up to compile computer programs remotely for various reasons. Uses of a compile farm include...
- Metacompilation - Metacompilation is a computation which involves metasystem transitions from a computing machine M to a metamachine M' which controls, analyzes and imitates the work of M. Semantics-based program transformation, such as partial evaluation and supercompilation, is metacomputation.
- Utility software types
- Programming language implementation
- Compiler construction
- Computer libraries
- American inventions
- CA-Clipper www
Official home page. CA-Clipper.
- Simple Context www
Simple programming language and compiler, Context, with sources on its own input language; DOS, Win32 versions. Some information on compiler design. By Andrei V. Khokhlov. Context.
- Compiler Zngr L www
Compiler of the theoretical language L, L, which is used as a simple language for teaching computation theory. Zngr L.
- Compiler Compiler Jobs www
Compiler job openings at companies and universities. Compiler Jobs.
- Directory, Compilers.net www
Directory, Compilers.net, search engine of compiler-related sites. People, books, papers, publishers, decompiling, generators (scanner, parser, backend), translators, compiler compilers, courses, tutorials, library, FAQ, free, companies, tools, mail list, survey/poll. Compilers.net.
- Home The comp.compilers Newsgroup www
Home page of newsgroup. comp.compilers Newsgroup. Searchable full archive of messages from 1986, file archive, RSS feed. The comp.compilers Newsgroup.
- A The Compiler Connection www
A listing of compiler companies, Compiler Connection, compiler research projects, benchmarks, and compiler job listings. The Compiler Connection.
- Links Bloodshed Software: Compilers Resources www
Links to free compilers, Software: Compilers Resources, with sources, compiler construction toolkits, tutorials, articles, other compiler-related sites. Bloodshed Software: Compilers Resources.
- Searchable Catalog of Free Compilers and Interpreters www
Searchable listing of programming language tools that come with source code. Catalog of Free Compilers and Interpreters.
- ACM SIGPLAN: Programming Languages www
ACM special interest group that explores the implementation and efficient use of programming languages. SIGPLAN: Programming Languages.
- GCC Links and Selected Readings for Compiler Writers www
GCC extending specific literature, and Selected Readings for Compiler Writers, processor chips documentation, collected papers/sites on language standards, compilers, optimization. Links and Selected Readings for Compiler Writers.
- Reviews Softpanorama Bookshelf / Compiler Construction www
Softpanorama Bookshelf / Compiler Construction.
- Links Free Programming Compilers and Interpreters www
Links to free programming compilers and interpreters categorized by language. Free Programming Compilers and Interpreters.
- Multi-site Programming Language and Compiler Research Groups www
Multi-site working groups and projects listing. Programming Language and Compiler Research Groups.
- Internals Turbo Pascal 3.0 compiler and code generation internals www
Internals of one-pass compiler by example Pascal compiler. Turbo Pascal 3.0 compiler and code generation internals.
- List Free Compilers and Interpreters www
List of free compilers and interpreters for programming languages with descriptions. Free Compilers and Interpreters.
- A Dmitry Smaghin www
A collection of educational compilers, Smaghin, assemblers, disassemblers, interpreters with sources (C, Pascal). Links to freeware compilers. [English, Russian] Dmitry Smaghin.
- A Researchers in Programming Languages and Compilers www
A list of home pages for researchers working on programming language theory, Programming Languages and Compilers, design, implementation, and related areas. Maintained by Mark Leone at CMU. Researchers in Programming Languages and Compilers.
- Vendors AdaHome Compilers www
Vendors of compilers. AdaHome Compilers.
- Offer Janus www
Offer Ada 83 and Ada 95 development environments. Janus.
- An Ox Grammar System www
An attribute-grammar compiling system based on yacc, Grammar System, lex, and C, the system embodies a yacc/lex/C preprocessor designed to bring attribute grammars to the mainstream of UNIX-based language development. It can also be used with Bison, Flex, and C++. Ox Grammar System.
- An Fnc-2 Attribute Grammar System www
An attribute grammar system based on strongly non-circular AGs that perform space optimizations. Fnc-2 Attribute Grammar System.
- Runs Miracle C Compiler www
Runs under Windows XP/Vista and compiles for console. Compiler. Provides a multi-window development environment with integrated compiler and linker. Miracle C Compiler.
- A MCPP www
A portable C/C++ preprocessor supporting several compiler-systems on UNIX and Windows. MCPP. mcpp supports C99 and C++98 as well as C90 and it provides Validation Suite which tests C/C++ preprocessor comprehensively. MCPP.
- Watcom MN Watcom Page www
Watcom news, Watcom Page, links, tips, STL, FAQ. wxWindows with Watcom. MN Watcom Page.
- Provides IBM C/C++ Cafe www
IBM C/C++ Cafe.
- A FlagShip www
A database development and porting system for moving xBase based languages to UNIX. FlagShip.
- Implementation KOBOL www
Implementation of COBOL for Windows and Linux. KOBOL. By theKompany.com. KOBOL.
- An OpenCOBOL www
An implementation of a COBOL compiler with downloads and forums. OpenCOBOL. [Open source, LGPL] OpenCOBOL.
- Online Wikipedia - Computer Programming www
Online encyclopedia article. Wikipedia - Computer Programming.
- Alexa: Compilers Programming
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Compilers Programming
- DMOZ: Compilers Programming
dmoz.org Directory: Compilers Programming