This section points to operating systems for which Ada was or is the sole, or main (dominant) programming language, and which are listed elsewhere on The Directory. Operating Systems Ada Languages Programming Computers.
An operating system ( OS ) is system software that manages computer hardware and software resources and provides common services for computer programs. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An operating system is system software that manages computer hardware and software resources and provides common services for computer programs.
- Antivirus software - Antivirus or anti-virus software, sometimes known as anti-malware software, is computer software used to prevent, detect and remove malicious software.
- Hypervisor - A hypervisor or virtual machine monitor is computer software, firmware or hardware that creates and runs virtual machines. A computer on which a hypervisor runs one or more virtual machines is called a host machine, and each virtual machine is called a guest machine.
- Interruptible operating system - An interruptible operating system is an operating system with ability to handle multiple interrupts concurrently, or in other words, which allow interrupts to be interrupted.
- Live CD - A live CD is a complete bootable computer installation including operating system which runs directly from a CD-ROM or similar storage device into a computer's memory, rather than loading from a hard disk drive.
- Glossary of operating systems terms
- Microcontroller - A microcontroller is a small computer on a single integrated circuit. In modern terminology, it is similar to, but less sophisticated than, a system on a chip or SoC; an SoC may include a microcontroller as one of its components.
- Operating systems
- Research Choices Object-Oriented Operating System www
Research OS coded in C++, Object-Oriented Operating System, architecture organized as frameworks of objects hierarchically classed by function, performance; customized by replacing subframeworks, objects; application interface is kernel objects exported via application/kernel protection layer; kernel and application objects examined via application browsers; runs on bare hardware on distributed and parallel computers. Virtual Choices (VChoices) also runs under Unix System V. Choices Object-Oriented Operating System.
- The Crush/BRiX: An Experimental Language/OS Pair www
Crush/BRiX: An Experimental Language/OS Pair.
- Dynamic S.Ha.R.K. www
Dynamic configurable kernel architecture to support hard/soft/non realtime use with interchangeable scheduling algorithms: fully modular in scheduling policies, S.Ha.R.K., aperiodic servers, concurrency control protocols; all not modular in most traditional OSs. Derived from HARTIK: HArd Real TIme Kernel. [Open Source, GPL] S.Ha.R.K..
- Studies Ptolemy Project www
Studies modeling, Project, simulation, and design of concurrent, real-time, embedded systems. Focus: assembly of concurrent components. Key underlying principle: use of well-defined computation models that govern interaction between components. Ptolemy Project.
- Growing RTEMS www
Growing article, RTEMS, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. RTEMS.
- Real-Time RTEMS Home www
Real-Time Executive for Multiprocessor Systems. Home. Runs on: AMD 29K; Hitachi SH; HP PA-RISC; ix86, i960; m683x0, m680x0, mPPC, mColdfire; MIPS R46x0, SPARC. Multiple APIs: RTEMS, POSIX-Unix, uITRON. Written in Ada, C/C++. [Open Source] RTEMS Home.
- A Fusion RTOS www
A fast (190 cycle context switch), RTOS, small (1-1.5 K), designed and optimized for next generation DSP systems; and Fusion Net (TCP/IP Stack), Fusion Web (services); all support priority based, realtime, preemptive, multitasking. By DSPOS, Inc. Fusion RTOS.
- Modern Tics Realtime www
Modern message-based architecture. Realtime. Introduced June 1992, many uses: cell phones, small handheld devices, large factory automation systems, Space Shuttle. Tics Realtime.
- In Dirk's Pointers to Ada Related Information www
In case you are wondering why people are interested to use Ada as a teaching language, Pointers to Ada Related Information, even as the language of choice for a first programming course at universities. Dirk's Pointers to Ada Related Information.
- Real-world Who's Using Ada? www
Real-world projects powered by Ada. Using Ada?. Who's Using Ada?.
- Alexa: Operating Systems Ada
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Operating Systems Ada
- DMOZ: Operating Systems Ada
dmoz.org Directory: Operating Systems Ada