This section points to operating systems for which Ada was or is the sole, or main (dominant) programming language, and which are listed elsewhere on The Directory. Operating Systems Ada Languages Programming Computers.
An operating system ( OS ) is system software that manages computer hardware and software resources and provides common services for computer programs. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An operating system is system software that manages computer hardware and software resources and provides common services for computer programs.
- Antivirus software - Antivirus or anti-virus software, sometimes known as anti-malware software, is computer software used to prevent, detect and remove malicious software.
- Crash (computing) - In computing, a crash occurs when a computer program, such as a software application or an operating system, stops functioning properly and exits. The program responsible may appear to hang until a crash reporting service reports the crash and any details relating to it.
- Hypervisor - A hypervisor or virtual machine monitor is computer software, firmware or hardware that creates and runs virtual machines. A computer on which a hypervisor runs one or more virtual machines is called a host machine, and each virtual machine is called a guest machine.
- Interruptible operating system - An interruptible operating system is an operating system with ability to handle multiple interrupts concurrently, or in other words, which allow interrupts to be interrupted.
- Live CD - A live CD is a complete bootable computer installation including operating system which runs directly from a CD-ROM or similar storage device into a computer's memory, rather than loading from a hard disk drive.
- Glossary of operating systems terms
- Operating systems
- Research Choices Object-Oriented Operating System www
Research OS coded in C++, Object-Oriented Operating System, architecture organized as frameworks of objects hierarchically classed by function, performance; customized by replacing subframeworks, objects; application interface is kernel objects exported via application/kernel protection layer; kernel and application objects examined via application browsers; runs on bare hardware on distributed and parallel computers. Virtual Choices (VChoices) also runs under Unix System V. Choices Object-Oriented Operating System.
- Fast, BRiX: Advanced Computing Environment www
Fast, Advanced Computing Environment, no-kernel, single address space, data-centric, preemptive multithreaded, persistent, secure, multi-user operating system, with Crush function-based programming safe-language. Some code available. [Open Source, Artistic] BRiX: Advanced Computing Environment.
- By Real-Time Mach www
By Real-Time and Multimedia Laboratory, Mach, Department of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University. RT-Mach is a resource kernel, a kernel provides resource-centric services, which can then be used to satisfy end-to-end QoS needs. Real-Time Mach.
- SUpport SUMO www
SUpport for Multimedia in Operating systems, SUMO, Lancaster University: microkernel OS with facilities to support distributed realtime and multimedia applications and ODP-based multimedia distributed application platforms. SUMO.
- Ring WebRing: RTEMS www
Ring for this free real-time OS. RTEMS. Linked sites are somehow related to the OS, can be pages showing applications or products, research projects, and libraries ported to it. WebRing: RTEMS.
- Personal Joel's World www
Personal page of Joel Sherrill, World, one of original authors, and current maintainer, of RTEMS; and research and development Director at OAR Corp. Much interesting material, useful links. Joel's World.
- Makes Kadak Products Ltd. www
Makes AMX RTOS, Products Ltd., KwikNet TCP/IP stack and Web server, KwikLook fault finder, KwikPeg GUI with graphics library. A high quality realtime software foundation for embedded products. Kadak Products Ltd..
- Makes, Segger Microcontroller Systeme GmbH www
Makes, Microcontroller Systeme GmbH, sells, supports embOS RTOS for embedded uses, multitasking, minimum cost, no royalty, fully interruptible, efficient for time critical uses, RAM and ROM needs so small it fits 1-chip uses, leaving more room for user programs. Segger Microcontroller Systeme GmbH.
- ACM SIGAda www
ACM Special Interest Group on Ada: information on SIGAda organization and pointers to current information and resources for the Ada programming language. SIGAda.
- Ada In the Movie Out There www
Ada reference in the movie Out There. In the Movie Out There.
- Alexa: Operating Systems Ada
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Operating Systems Ada
- DMOZ: Operating Systems Ada
dmoz.org Directory: Operating Systems Ada