TUNES is a recursive acronym meaning: Tunes is a Useful, Nevertheless Expedient System. It may be the only operating system (OS), or open source project, with a 100% pure HTML virtual reflective logo. Truly astonishing. TUNES is starting by developing a new Low-Level Language (LLL) and High-Level Language (HLL), and then basing a language-integrated OS on these languages. Now, after at least six years, there is finally some actual TUNES code, mostly based on CLOS, Self, and Smalltalk. The main and great strength of the TUNES project is that it is a large, accurate, and fascinating, resource for learning about programming languages and OSs. This is embodied in several large TUNES subprojects that review programming languages and OSs, and a large body of very civilized debate on these and related topics. TUNES Language-OS Hybrids Languages Programming Computers.
- iTunes A media player, media library, online radio broadcaster, and mobile device management application...
- Looney Tunes An American animated series of comedy short films produced by Warner Bros. from 1930 to 1969...
- Tunes, Tunisia The capital and the largest city of Tunisia.
- Tunes (see) A suppressed Latin Catholic titular bishopric.
- Music An art form and cultural activity whose medium is sound organized in time.
- Tune Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Tune'.
- TUNES Project www
Open source resource for learning about programming languages and operating systems. Project. Led by French OS philosopher Fare'. Some 2,000 links.
- Merging UniOS: A Concept OS www
Merging with TUNES. Concept OS. Some useful ideas with very clear, well written explanations, and links. No code. UniOS: A Concept OS.
- Goal: LispOS Project www
Goal: reflective OS based on LISP. Project. Mostly merged with TUNES. No code, but many ideas politely presented in a fascinating archived mail list. Mail list archives. LispOS Project.
- Growing Lisp Programming Language www
Growing article, Programming Language, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia] Lisp Programming Language.
- Lisp Hello, World Program www
Lisp version of this canonical first program. Hello, World Program.
- Created ELAN www
Created 1974 by Technical University of Berlin group, ELAN, as alternative to BASIC in teaching, for systematic programming, and related styles: top-down, bottom-up, recursive, modular, syntax-directed. Descriptions, brief resource list, documents. English, Deutsch. ELAN.
- Presented An Object Model for Multiparadigm Programming www
Presented at OOPSLA 1994. An Object Model for Multiparadigm Programming.
- Tutorial Object Oriented Programming: A guide for the beginner, from Modula-2 to Java www
Tutorial teaching basics of object oriented programming. Oriented Programming: A guide for the beginner, from Modula-2 to Java. Tailored to no one specific language, but examples are in C++, Java, Modula-2. Object Oriented Programming: A guide for the beginner, from Modula-2 to Java.
- Growing Object-Oriented Programming www
Growing article, Programming, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia] Object-Oriented Programming.
- Online ActiveState Programmer Network: ASPN www
Online resource for open source community: information and resources for Perl, Programmer Network: ASPN, PHP, Python, Tcl, XSLT; Cookbooks, documents, mail lists, modules, news feeds, products, user groups, Web services. ActiveState Programmer Network: ASPN.
- Treats Open Source High-level Languages in Your Neighborhood www
Treats 6 popular, Source High-level Languages in Your Neighborhood, modern, high-level languages (Eiffel, Lua, Smalltalk, Squeak, Python, Ruby), what they are being used for, where they are hiding in industry today. Descriptions, resource links. [Developer.com] Open Source High-level Languages in Your Neighborhood.
- Plans Report: Japan, Korea, China to Break Windows Ties www
Plans for governments and private sector firms of China, Japan, Korea, China to Break Windows Ties, Japan, South Korea, to jointly work together to develop new OS to rival Microsoft Windows to be unveiled later this week, according to 2 Japanese newspaper reports. [InfoWorld] Report: Japan, Korea, China to Break Windows Ties.
- Resource FreeOS.com www
Resource Center for Free Operating Systems: articles, FreeOS.com, documentation, download sites, news, links, and anything related to all Free OSs. FreeOS.com.
- Lightweight, ROME www
Lightweight, ROME, very modular component-based, multitasking, embedded OS; developed, used for many research projects. Goal: manage fast data streams in multimedia environments; for speed and low overhead has zero copy architecture: passes pointer references to data instead of copying it. [Open Source, GPL] ROME.
- Collaborative JOS: Java Operating System www
Collaborative undertaking by an international group of Java programmers and enthusiasts to create free Java OS. Java Operating System. [Open Source] JOS: Java Operating System.
- The Crush/BRiX: An Experimental Language/OS Pair www
Crush/BRiX: An Experimental Language/OS Pair.
- Fast, BRiX: Advanced Computing Environment www
Fast, Advanced Computing Environment, no-kernel, single address space, data-centric, preemptive multithreaded, persistent, secure, multi-user operating system, with Crush function-based programming safe-language. Some code available. [Open Source, Artistic] BRiX: Advanced Computing Environment.
- Alexa: TUNES Language-OS Hybrids
Alexa Directory Top Sites: TUNES Language-OS Hybrids
- DMOZ: TUNES Language-OS Hybrids
dmoz.org Directory: TUNES Language-OS Hybrids