This section holds links on operating systems (OSs) written in, and based on, the programming language ML and any dialects, and related topics, for which this is the main rationale. Operating Systems ML Languages Programming Computers.
An operating system ( OS ) is system software that manages computer hardware and software resources and provides common services for computer programs. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An operating system is system software that manages computer hardware and software resources and provides common services for computer programs.
- Antivirus software - Antivirus or anti-virus software, sometimes known as anti-malware software, is computer software used to prevent, detect and remove malicious software.
- Hypervisor - A hypervisor or virtual machine monitor is computer software, firmware or hardware that creates and runs virtual machines. A computer on which a hypervisor runs one or more virtual machines is called a host machine, and each virtual machine is called a guest machine.
- Interruptible operating system - An interruptible operating system is an operating system with ability to handle multiple interrupts concurrently, or in other words, which allow interrupts to be interrupted.
- Live CD - A live CD is a complete bootable computer installation including operating system which runs directly from a CD-ROM or similar storage device into a computer's memory, rather than loading from a hard disk drive.
- Glossary of operating systems terms
- Microcontroller - A microcontroller is a small computer on a single integrated circuit. In modern terminology, it is similar to, but less sophisticated than, a system on a chip or SoC; an SoC may include a microcontroller as one of its components.
- Operating systems
- OS Fox Project www
OS based on ML language. Project. Goals: advance art of programming language design and implementation, while applying principles of programming languages to advance art of systems building. Project work: theoretical studies of languages and their traits, developing new compiler and run-time technology, empirical studies of applying advanced language techniques to real-world programming problems, more so in areas of high-performance networks and OSs. Fox Project.
- John Tutorial Papers in Functional Programming www
John Hughes' list of FP-related tutorials and courses. Tutorial Papers in Functional Programming.
- A Readscheme.org - Resources for Functional Programming www
A variety of research resources on functional programming languages, Resources for Functional Programming, implementation, and applications of functional programming languages. Readscheme.org - Resources for Functional Programming.
- Table Message-based Functional Operating Systems www
Table of contents, Functional Operating Systems, citations, related indexes. ACM Portal. Message-based Functional Operating Systems.
- Table An Approach to Functional Operating Systems www
Table of contents, Approach to Functional Operating Systems, citations, related indexes. ACM Portal. An Approach to Functional Operating Systems.
- Wiki Garbage Collection www
Wiki page, Collection, with pros, cons, comments, links, at Cunningham and Cunningham, Inc. Garbage Collection.
- Growing Memory Management www
Growing article, Management, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia] Memory Management.
- Fast, BRiX: Advanced Computing Environment www
Fast, Advanced Computing Environment, no-kernel, single address space, data-centric, preemptive multithreaded, persistent, secure, multi-user operating system, with Crush function-based programming safe-language. Some code available. [Open Source, Artistic] BRiX: Advanced Computing Environment.
- The Crush/BRiX: An Experimental Language/OS Pair www
Crush/BRiX: An Experimental Language/OS Pair.
- Government China to Invest in Linux-based Software www
Government plans to put financial effort into Linux-based software; may rival Microsoft Windows in one of world's fastest-growing technology markets, Invest in Linux-based Software, official says. [CNN.com] China to Invest in Linux-based Software.
- Plans Report: Japan, Korea, China to Break Windows Ties www
Plans for governments and private sector firms of China, Japan, Korea, China to Break Windows Ties, Japan, South Korea, to jointly work together to develop new OS to rival Microsoft Windows to be unveiled later this week, according to 2 Japanese newspaper reports. [InfoWorld] Report: Japan, Korea, China to Break Windows Ties.
- ML Edinburgh LFCS ML-Club www
ML users club at University of Edinburgh: meeting times, LFCS ML-Club, mail list, publications, links. Edinburgh LFCS ML-Club.
- Validating fxp Functional XML Parser www
Validating XML parser written in SML only. fxp Functional XML Parser.
- Alexa: Operating Systems ML
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Operating Systems ML
- DMOZ: Operating Systems ML
dmoz.org Directory: Operating Systems ML