This section holds links on operating systems (OSs) written in, and based on, the programming language ML and any dialects, and related topics, for which this is the main rationale. Operating Systems ML Languages Programming Computers.
An operating system ( OS ) is system software that manages computer hardware and software resources and provides common services for computer programs. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An operating system is system software that manages computer hardware and software resources and provides common services for computer programs.
- Antivirus software - Antivirus or anti-virus software, sometimes known as anti-malware software, is computer software used to prevent, detect and remove malicious software.
- Crash (computing) - In computing, a crash occurs when a computer program, such as a software application or an operating system, stops functioning properly and exits. The program responsible may appear to hang until a crash reporting service reports the crash and any details relating to it.
- Hypervisor - A hypervisor or virtual machine monitor is computer software, firmware or hardware that creates and runs virtual machines. A computer on which a hypervisor runs one or more virtual machines is called a host machine, and each virtual machine is called a guest machine.
- Interruptible operating system - An interruptible operating system is an operating system with ability to handle multiple interrupts concurrently, or in other words, which allow interrupts to be interrupted.
- Live CD - A live CD is a complete bootable computer installation including operating system which runs directly from a CD-ROM or similar storage device into a computer's memory, rather than loading from a hard disk drive.
- Glossary of operating systems terms
- Operating systems
- OS Fox Project www
OS based on ML language. Project. Goals: advance art of programming language design and implementation, while applying principles of programming languages to advance art of systems building. Project work: theoretical studies of languages and their traits, developing new compiler and run-time technology, empirical studies of applying advanced language techniques to real-world programming problems, more so in areas of high-performance networks and OSs. Fox Project.
- Member Rita Loogen www
Member of Eden team. Loogen. Articles. Rita Loogen.
- Daily Disclojure www
Daily news about the Clojure programming languange. Disclojure.
- Table Message-based Functional Operating Systems www
Table of contents, Functional Operating Systems, citations, related indexes. ACM Portal. Message-based Functional Operating Systems.
- Table An Approach to Functional Operating Systems www
Table of contents, Approach to Functional Operating Systems, citations, related indexes. ACM Portal. An Approach to Functional Operating Systems.
- Growing Memory Management www
Growing article, Management, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia] Memory Management.
- Definition Why is Garbage Collection a Good Thing? www
Definition and answer with references, Garbage Collection a Good Thing?, from Object-Orientation FAQ. Why is Garbage Collection a Good Thing?.
- The Crush/BRiX: An Experimental Language/OS Pair www
Crush/BRiX: An Experimental Language/OS Pair.
- Research Choices Object-Oriented Operating System www
Research OS coded in C++, Object-Oriented Operating System, architecture organized as frameworks of objects hierarchically classed by function, performance; customized by replacing subframeworks, objects; application interface is kernel objects exported via application/kernel protection layer; kernel and application objects examined via application browsers; runs on bare hardware on distributed and parallel computers. Virtual Choices (VChoices) also runs under Unix System V. Choices Object-Oriented Operating System.
- New Cefarix OS www
New project, OS, intended as stable, fast, secure, reliable, easy to use, 32-bit protected mode OS for x86 and later PowerPC systems, open source, many features, graphical user interface (GUI), to replace Microsoft Windows, all versions. Cefarix OS.
- Resource FreeOS.com www
Resource Center for Free Operating Systems: articles, FreeOS.com, documentation, download sites, news, links, and anything related to all Free OSs. FreeOS.com.
- An Programming in Standard ML 97 www
An on-line tutorial by Stephen Gilmore. Programming in Standard ML 97.
- Validating fxp Functional XML Parser www
Validating XML parser written in SML only. fxp Functional XML Parser.
- Alexa: Operating Systems ML
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Operating Systems ML
- DMOZ: Operating Systems ML
dmoz.org Directory: Operating Systems ML