REBOL is a messaging language for distributed Internet applications that run across all devices. It is pronounced like the word "rebel". REBOL was designed over a 20 year period by Carl Sassenrath, the system architect responsible for the world's first multitasking multimedia operating system (OS), the Commodore Amiga OS. The first REBOL implementation was released in 1997 to a small group of users running on three OSs, and today REBOL has grown to reach more than 1,000,000 users running on more than 40 OS platforms. REBOL is not a traditional computer language like C, BASIC, or Java. Instead, it was designed to solve one of the fundamental problems in computing: the exchange and interpretation of information between distributed computer systems. REBOL Languages Programming Computers.
Rebol ( / ˈ r ɛ b əl / REB -əl ; historically REBOL ) is a cross-platform data exchange language and a multi-paradigm dynamic programming language designed by Carl Sassenrath for network communications and distributed computing. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Rebol is a cross-platform data exchange language and a multi-paradigm dynamic programming language designed by Carl Sassenrath for network communications and distributed computing. It introduces the concept of dialecting: small, optimized, domain-specific languages for code and data, which is also the most notable property of the language according to its designer Carl Sassenrath...
- Extensible syntax programming languages
- Prototype-based programming languages
- Dynamic programming languages
- AmigaOS 4 software
- High-level programming languages
- Formerly proprietary software
- Dynamically typed programming languages
- Functional languages
- Programming languages
- Scripting languages
- REBOL Technologies, Inc. www
The home of REBOL - includes descriptions, Technologies, Inc., programs, free downloads, feedback, employment, and contacts.
- Secure AltME www
Secure peer-to-peer instant messaging and application sharing system made with REBOL. AltME.
- A CompKarori www
A online resource offering tutorials, CompKarori, article, tips, and other information for developers. CompKarori.
- Overview REBOL Programming Language www
Overview of REBOL with examples and links. Programming Language. [Wikipedia] REBOL Programming Language.
- The REBOL Developer Conference 2005 www
The Conference, Developer Conference 2005, gathering REBOL personalities from around the world, will be held in Treviglio, Italy, a few kilometers from Milan, on September 30th and October 1st, 2005. REBOL Developer Conference 2005.
- REBOL Collaboration 2004 www
REBOL Developers conference on September 23-25, 2004, 2004 (Davis, California) Collaboration 2004.
- Articles, REBOL Forces www
Articles, Forces, resources, and links for the developer. REBOL Forces.
- The vanilla-pudding at Yahoo! Groups www
The mailing list for Vanilla, Yahoo! Groups, a simple and extensible hypertext system which subscribes to the Wiki philosophy and is written in REBOL vanilla-pudding at Yahoo! Groups.
- A rtog-list at Yahoo! Groups www
A members-only list for readers of "REBOL: The Official Guide", Yahoo! Groups, maintained by the author rtog-list at Yahoo! Groups.
- REBOL/Base RebDB www
REBOL/Base Pseudo-Relational Database RebDB.
- Side-step REBOL Berkeley DB interface www
Side-step the limitation on text-only data due to the library interface not accepting binary! types for parameters. Berkeley DB interface. (REBOL/Command) REBOL Berkeley DB interface.
- Syntax VIM Syntax Files www
Syntax highlighting in the VIM editor for REBOL source. VIM Syntax Files.
- Correct REBOL mode for Emacs www
Correct indentation and styling for REBOL coding in Emacs REBOL mode for Emacs.
- The Draw Dialect www
The Draw Dialect adds low level graphics to REBOL/View. Draw Dialect.
- The SVG Dialect www
The developing SVG dialect at CompKarori. SVG Dialect.
- Research The V Distributed System www
Research OS for a cluster of computer workstations connected by fast network; structured as a small distributed kernel, Distributed System, and set of service modules, runtime libraries, and commands. Stanford University. The V Distributed System.
- A E1 www
A distributed operating system based on the concepts of object replication, E1, component model support and persistence. It consists of a L4 microkernel and a set of distributed objects acting at the user level. [Open source] E1.
- Carl REBOL for Distributed Computing www
Carl Sassenrath's presentation to the Internet Developer Group Meeting gives an overview of the language and includes several examples. REBOL for Distributed Computing.
- Information codeconscious.com: REBOL Tips and Techniques www
Information for programmers learning about the REBOL language and what it can do. codeconscious.com: REBOL Tips and Techniques.
- Dictionary Webopedia: Programming Languages www
Dictionary definitions for words in this category. Webopedia: Programming Languages.
- A An Introduction to Programming Languages www
A neutral conceptual analysis for those who know one language and want to learn about others. An Introduction to Programming Languages.
- Alexa: REBOL Languages
Alexa Directory Top Sites: REBOL Languages
- DMOZ: REBOL Languages
dmoz.org Directory: REBOL Languages