REBOL is a messaging language for distributed Internet applications that run across all devices. It is pronounced like the word "rebel". REBOL was designed over a 20 year period by Carl Sassenrath, the system architect responsible for the world's first multitasking multimedia operating system (OS), the Commodore Amiga OS. The first REBOL implementation was released in 1997 to a small group of users running on three OSs, and today REBOL has grown to reach more than 1,000,000 users running on more than 40 OS platforms. REBOL is not a traditional computer language like C, BASIC, or Java. Instead, it was designed to solve one of the fundamental problems in computing: the exchange and interpretation of information between distributed computer systems. REBOL Languages Programming Computers.
Rebol ( / ˈ r ɛ b əl / REB -əl ; historically REBOL ) is a cross-platform data exchange language and a multi-paradigm dynamic programming language designed by Carl Sassenrath for network communications and distributed computing. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Rebol is a cross-platform data exchange language and a multi-paradigm dynamic programming language designed by Carl Sassenrath for network communications and distributed computing. It introduces the concept of dialecting: small, optimized, domain-specific languages for code and data, which is also the most notable property of the language according to its designer Carl Sassenrath...
- Extensible syntax programming languages
- Prototype-based programming languages
- Dynamic programming languages
- AmigaOS 4 software
- High-level programming languages
- Formerly proprietary software
- Dynamically typed programming languages
- Functional languages
- Programming languages
- Scripting languages
- REBOL Technologies, Inc. www
The home of REBOL - includes descriptions, Technologies, Inc., programs, free downloads, feedback, employment, and contacts.
- Overview REBOL Programming Language www
Overview of REBOL with examples and links. Programming Language. [Wikipedia] REBOL Programming Language.
- REBOL Collaboration 2004 www
REBOL Developers conference on September 23-25, 2004, 2004 (Davis, California) Collaboration 2004.
- A CompKarori www
A online resource offering tutorials, CompKarori, article, tips, and other information for developers. CompKarori.
- Secure AltME www
Secure peer-to-peer instant messaging and application sharing system made with REBOL. AltME.
- Articles, REBOL Forces www
Articles, Forces, resources, and links for the developer. REBOL Forces.
- The REBOL Developer Conference 2005 www
The Conference, Developer Conference 2005, gathering REBOL personalities from around the world, will be held in Treviglio, Italy, a few kilometers from Milan, on September 30th and October 1st, 2005. REBOL Developer Conference 2005.
- A rtog-list at Yahoo! Groups www
A members-only list for readers of "REBOL: The Official Guide", Yahoo! Groups, maintained by the author rtog-list at Yahoo! Groups.
- searchable Archive of REBOL mailing list www
searchable archive of the Rebol Mailing List since July 2000 Archive of REBOL mailing list.
- Side-step REBOL Berkeley DB interface www
Side-step the limitation on text-only data due to the library interface not accepting binary! types for parameters. Berkeley DB interface. (REBOL/Command) REBOL Berkeley DB interface.
- REBOL/Base RebDB www
REBOL/Base Pseudo-Relational Database RebDB.
- An STEEL www
An Integrated development environment for REBOL. STEEL.
- A Rebol Unit www
A unit testing framework for REBOL. Rebol Unit.
- The Draw Dialect www
The Draw Dialect adds low level graphics to REBOL/View. Draw Dialect.
- The SVG Dialect www
The developing SVG dialect at CompKarori. SVG Dialect.
- Allows YouOS www
- Support SUMO www
Support for Multimedia in Operating systems, SUMO, Lancaster University: microkernel OS with facilities to support distributed realtime and multimedia applications and ODP-based multimedia distributed application platforms. SUMO.
- A REBOL Cookbook of Code Examples www
A cookbook of simple useful REBOL examples for users who don't want to read the manual. REBOL Cookbook of Code Examples.
- A Rebol Programming For The Absolute Beginner www
A tutorial to help absolute beginner programmers and average computer users try REBOL as their first programming language. Rebol Programming For The Absolute Beginner.
- Growing Programming Language www
Growing article, Language, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia] Programming Language.
- A An Introduction to Programming Languages www
A neutral conceptual analysis for those who know one language and want to learn about others. An Introduction to Programming Languages.
- Alexa: REBOL Languages
Alexa Directory Top Sites: REBOL Languages
- DMOZ: REBOL Languages
dmoz.org Directory: REBOL Languages