Croquet is an open source software platform to develop and deliver deeply collaborative multiuser online programs. It has a network architecture supporting communication, collaboration, resource sharing, and synchronous computation among users. It provides a flexible framework in which most user interface concepts can be prototyped and deployed to create powerful, collaborative multiuser 2D and 3D programs and simulations. It can be used to make scalable collaborative data visualizations, virtual learning and problem solving environments, 3D wikis, online gaming environments (MMORPGs), and privately maintained and interconnected multiuser virtual environments. Croquet Squeak Smalltalk Languages Programming Computers.
Croquet is a sport that involves hitting plastic or wooden balls with a mallet through hoops (often called "wickets" in the United States) embedded in a grass playing court. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Croquet is a sport that involves hitting plastic or wooden balls with a mallet through embedded in a grass playing court.
- Croquet Category
- Croquet Hall of Fame - The United States Croquet Hall of Fame was established in 1979 by the Croquet Foundation of America to recognize individuals with exceptional skill in the sport of croquet or men and women who have contributed to the sport's health and growth.
- Extreme croquet - Extreme Croquet is a variation on croquet mainly distinguished by its lack of any requirement pertaining to out-of-bounds or field specifications.
- Jaques of London - Jaques of London, formerly known as John Jaques of London and Jaques and Son of London is a long-established family company that manufactures sports and game equipment.
- Roque - Roque is an American variant of croquet played on a hard, smooth surface. Popular in the first quarter of the 20th century and billed "the Game of the Century" by its enthusiasts, it was an Olympic sport in the 1904 Summer Games, replacing croquet from the previous games.
- Former Summer Olympic sports
- Lawn games
- Sports originating in England
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: Croquet Project www
Encyclopedia article, Croquet Project, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia: Croquet Project.
- Surprisingly The GUI Gallery www
Surprisingly large and thorough Graphical User Interface list, GUI Gallery, with timeline, screenshots, downloads, links. Very useful resource for students of computer interfaces. The GUI Gallery.
- Lightweight Xfce www
Lightweight desktop environment for various Unix systems, Xfce, easy to use and configure, Xfce is based on GTK+. Description, downloads, screenshots, links, credits. [Open Source, GPL] Xfce.
- Mobile AgentOS www
Mobile agent system for ubiquitous computing; new way to cope with the wide-area, AgentOS, large-scale ubiquitous computing environment of near future. Allows access to personal and collaborative computing services anywhere, via varied desktop and mobile computing devices. AgentOS.
- A E1 www
A distributed operating system based on the concepts of object replication, E1, component model support and persistence. It consists of a L4 microkernel and a set of distributed objects acting at the user level. [Open source] E1.
- An Graphical Interfaces to Support Information Search www
An annotated bibliography of graphical interfaces to information retrieval systems, Interfaces to Support Information Search, including 2D and 3D visualizations of query results. Graphical Interfaces to Support Information Search.
- This Computer Gripes www
This site is devoted to problems experienced with computer products. Computer Gripes.
- PCs Alan Kay: The PC Must be Revamped, Now www
PCs should help people learn, Kay: The PC Must be Revamped, Now, not merely perform tasks, the prize-winning computer scientist says. CIO Insight. Alan Kay: The PC Must be Revamped, Now.
- Summary Alan Kay: The 100 Dollar Laptop and Powerful Ideas www
Summary of Kay talk, Kay: The 100 Dollar Laptop and Powerful Ideas, photograph series. Windley's Technometria. Alan Kay: The 100 Dollar Laptop and Powerful Ideas.
- Medium The Croquet Project: An Open Source Solution to the OS Monopoly www
Medium length description, Croquet Project: An Open Source Solution to the OS Monopoly, and a few reader comments. Wisconsin Technology Network. The Croquet Project: An Open Source Solution to the OS Monopoly.
- Brief The Croquet Project: Very Cool www
Brief non-technical description, Croquet Project: Very Cool, in library context. Pegasus Librarian. The Croquet Project: Very Cool.
- Multiprocessor Renaissance www
Multiprocessor OO OS purely designed and implemented in object-oriented techniques, Renaissance, to give application programs transparent access to system and remote objects distributed in a network of machines. OO programming is an ideal approach for building distributed systems. Runs on Sun SPARC, Encore Multimax multiprocessor. Renaissance.
- Research Choices Object-Oriented Operating System www
Research OS coded in C++, Object-Oriented Operating System, architecture organized as frameworks of objects hierarchically classed by function, performance; customized by replacing subframeworks, objects; application interface is kernel objects exported via application/kernel protection layer; kernel and application objects examined via application browsers; runs on bare hardware on distributed and parallel computers. Virtual Choices (VChoices) also runs under Unix System V. Choices Object-Oriented Operating System.
- Descriptions, Squeak: The Great Return www
Descriptions, The Great Return, free goodies, links, and the fascinating 'Squeak Scale: Let it Grow: Brief Comparison of Class Library'. English, Nihongo. By Satoshi Nishihara. Squeak: The Great Return.
- Free, Squeak.org www
Free, Squeak.org, open source, open research, super portable, new Smalltalk-80-based language, written in itself, by Smalltalk's inventors, the (nomadic) original Xerox PARC, Alan Kay team, now founding the Viewpoints Research Institute. Runs on 22+ platforms, hardware and OS. "Next to universal access, malleability is the prime figure of merit for Squeak. It is our intention for Squeak to evolve." Now hybridized with the Self language's Morphic User Interface Toolkit. Squeak.org.
- Alexa: Croquet Squeak
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Croquet Squeak
- DMOZ: Croquet Squeak
dmoz.org Directory: Croquet Squeak