Croquet is an open source software platform to develop and deliver deeply collaborative multiuser online programs. It has a network architecture supporting communication, collaboration, resource sharing, and synchronous computation among users. It provides a flexible framework in which most user interface concepts can be prototyped and deployed to create powerful, collaborative multiuser 2D and 3D programs and simulations. It can be used to make scalable collaborative data visualizations, virtual learning and problem solving environments, 3D wikis, online gaming environments (MMORPGs), and privately maintained and interconnected multiuser virtual environments. Croquet Squeak Smalltalk Languages Programming Computers.
Croquet is a sport that involves hitting plastic or wooden balls with a mallet through hoops (often called "wickets" in the United States) embedded in a grass playing court. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Croquet is a sport that involves hitting plastic or wooden balls with a mallet through embedded in a grass playing court.
- Croquet Category
- Croquet Hall of Fame - The United States Croquet Hall of Fame was established in 1979 by the Croquet Foundation of America to recognize individuals with exceptional skill in the sport of croquet or men and women who have contributed to the sport's health and growth.
- Extreme croquet - Extreme Croquet is a variation on croquet mainly distinguished by its lack of any requirement pertaining to out-of-bounds or field specifications.
- Jaques of London - Jaques of London, formerly known as John Jaques of London and Jaques and Son of London is a long-established family company that manufactures sports and game equipment.
- Roque - Roque is an American variant of croquet played on a hard, smooth surface. Popular in the first quarter of the 20th century and billed "the Game of the Century" by its enthusiasts, it was an Olympic sport in the 1904 Summer Games, replacing croquet from the previous games.
- Sports originating in the United Kingdom
- Former Summer Olympic sports
- Lawn games
- Sports originating in England
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: Croquet Project www
Encyclopedia article, Croquet Project, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia: Croquet Project.
- Article Hooray for Bluecurve www
Article praises, for Bluecurve, analyses Red Hat's new user interface in their Linux 8.0. [Linux Review] Hooray for Bluecurve.
- A MATE www
A fork of GNOME 2, MATE, aims to preserve the classic desktop metaphor. Documentation, installation instructions, support forum. MATE.
- Simple, Quarks www
Simple, Quarks, yet efficient distributed shared memory (DSM) system; a user-level library plus header files supports DSM on groups of Unix workstations. Runs on 4.3BSD/M68k, HP-UX/PA-RISC, IRIX 5.2/MIPS, SunOS 4.1/SPARC. [Open Source, public domain] Quarks.
- Support SUMO www
Support for Multimedia in Operating systems, SUMO, Lancaster University: microkernel OS with facilities to support distributed realtime and multimedia applications and ODP-based multimedia distributed application platforms. SUMO.
- Demonstrates dontclick.it - Institute for Interactive Research www
Demonstrates a mouse-based user interface that uses no clicks. Institute for Interactive Research. [Flash required] dontclick.it - Institute for Interactive Research.
- Offering EServer Technical Communication Library www
Offering links to articles, Technical Communication Library, academic programs, journals, professional organizations and materials of importance to user interface design and other aspects related to technical communication. EServer Technical Communication Library.
- Brief Squeak Wiki: Alan Kay www
Brief biography, Wiki: Alan Kay, old picture, some links, contact information. Squeak Wiki: Alan Kay.
- By Predicting The Future www
By Alan C. The Future. Kay; essay on how things get invented, and how to do better. [Stanford Engineering] Predicting The Future.
- Croquet The Future Reinvented with Open Croquet www
Croquet can be likened to many things, Future Reinvented with Open Croquet, a: multimedia authoring environment, programming system, collaborative, distributed, 3D virtual environment and ultimately, system software for a new kind of machine. IT Wales. The Future Reinvented with Open Croquet.
- Positive The Future of the Internet is Not Secondlife www
Positive review, Future of the Internet is Not Secondlife, with reader comments. This Virtual Life. The Future of the Internet is Not Secondlife.
- Portable ShagOS www
Portable object-oriented microkernel OS, ShagOS, dynamically loaded device drivers, fully redesigned and rewritten many times in C++, runs on VAX, x86. Ongoing experiment in using O-O paradigm as framework for full OS, with distributed computing as main aspect in most design decisions. ShagOS.
- Multiprocessor Renaissance www
Multiprocessor OO OS purely designed and implemented in object-oriented techniques, Renaissance, to give application programs transparent access to system and remote objects distributed in a network of machines. OO programming is an ideal approach for building distributed systems. Runs on Sun SPARC, Encore Multimax multiprocessor. Renaissance.
- FTP ThingLab for Squeak www
FTP listing of files and Squeak samples. ThingLab for Squeak.
- List Swikis on coweb.cc www
List of over 40 Swikis at Georgia Tech, coweb.cc, all run on Squeak Comanche Web server. Swikis on coweb.cc.
- Alexa: Croquet Squeak
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Croquet Squeak
- DMOZ: Croquet Squeak
dmoz.org Directory: Croquet Squeak