Robotics is a term coined by Isaac Asimov to describe the field of science involving robots and related technologies. So what is a robot? The word comes from a 1923 Czech play called R.U.R. and described autonomous, humanoid robot servants. The original Czech word was robota, which means "servitude or forced labor". According to the Syrius Cybernetics Corporation of Douglas Adams' Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a robot is "your plastic pal who's fun to be with". A more conventional definition is, "A mechanical device that sometimes resembles a human and is capable of performing a variety of often complex human tasks". There are many other definitions, some a bit too narrow and some far too broad. Robotics Computers.
Robotics is the branch of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and computer science that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots, as well as computer systems for their control, sensory feedback, and information processing. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Robotics is an interdisciplinary branch of engineering and science that includes mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, and others. Robotics deals with the design, construction, operation, and use of robots, as well as computer systems for their control, sensory feedback, and information processing.
- Robotics Category
- Anderson Powerpole connector.
- Artificial intelligence - Artificial intelligence is apparently intelligent behaviour by machines, rather than the natural intelligence of humans and other animals.
- Autonomous robot - An autonomous robot performs behaviors or tasks with a high degree of autonomy, which is particularly desirable in fields such as spaceflight, household maintenance, waste water treatment and delivering goods and services.
- Cloud robotics - Cloud robotics is a field of robotics that attempts to invoke cloud technologies such as cloud computing, cloud storage, and other Internet technologies centred on the benefits of converged infrastructure and shared services for robotics.
- Cognitive robotics - Cognitive robotics is concerned with endowing a robot with intelligent behavior by providing it with a processing architecture that will allow it to learn and reason about how to behave in response to complex goals in a complex world.
- Evolutionary robotics - Evolutionary robotics is a methodology that uses evolutionary computation to develop controllers for autonomous robots. Algorithms in ER frequently operate on populations of candidate controllers, initially selected from some distribution.
- A Orion Robots www
A weblog with tips and help on building robots, Robots, robot links and robot designs. Orion Robots.
- Robotics Robots.net www
Robotics and AI news Robots.net.
- An Australia's Telerobot on the Web www
An ABB industrial robot operated via the Internet. Telerobot on the Web. Online since 1994 and originally controlled with a web browser applet, this was one of the first web-controlled robots. Registration is required to use the robot. Australia's Telerobot on the Web.
- News, Robonyp's Website www
News, Website, links, and several tutorials, on electronics and robotics. Robonyp's Website.
- News RobotsLife.com www
News and interviews, RobotsLife.com, and information on research and events. RobotsLife.com.
- A American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty toward Robots www
A site devoted to ensuring the rights of any sentient robots that may someday be developed. American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty toward Robots.
- Portal Machine Grid www
Portal site featuring tutorials, Grid, news, links, and other resources for robot builders. Machine Grid.
- News Tech Geek www
News and reviews on the latest robotics innovation, Geek, and projects to try. Tech Geek.
- For Robotics FAQ www
For the newsgroups comp. FAQ.robotics.misc and comp.robotics.research. Robotics FAQ.
- Offers BBC Robot World www
Offers news, Robot World, reviews and history of robots, as well as robot building guides and a discussion forum. BBC Robot World.
- Photographed How Stuff Works - The Singing Fish www
Photographed autopsy of the popular singing fish novelty fad reveals its robotic-like subsystems with complete informative descriptions. How Stuff Works - The Singing Fish.
- Includes Learn about Robots www
Includes commentary on robot related terminology and many applications of robotics including entertainment, about Robots, military, space, industrial, and others. Learn about Robots.
- Articles Popular Mechanics Robotics www
Articles discussing the latest news on robotics technology and artificial intelligence research. Popular Mechanics Robotics.
- Lots Android World www
Lots of information on androids and specific android projects. Android World.
- A Robots.net www
A news and discussion site for those interested in robots and robotics. Robots.net. Home of the Robot Competition FAQ and a variety of resource pages. Robots.net.
- RobotCafe.com RobotCafe.com www
RobotCafe. RobotCafe.com.com is a unique portal that offers search results based on quality and popularity. Find free tutorials, news, discussion forums, and an directory of links to robotics websites. RobotCafe.com.
- Discussion RobotsRule.com Forum www
Discussion forum for fans of the Robots. Forum.net web site. RobotsRule.com Forum.
- News, Robotics Trends www
News, Trends, information, opinion and analysis portal covering the personal, service, mobile and military robotics markets. Robotics Trends.
- Online Electronics Forum www
Online discussion forum for subject related to electronics including robotics, Forum, analog design, analog filters, and tubes. Electronics Forum.
- An GoRobotics.net www
An amateur robotics site, GoRobotics.net, including links, books, and resources. GoRobotics.net.
- News Plausible Futures Newsletter www
News weblog on topics that include robotics, Futures Newsletter, artificial intelligence, nanotechnology, biotechnology, and sciences that could dramatically affect the future of society. Plausible Futures Newsletter.
- Robotics Robotics India www
Robotics community site for India. India. Site include discussion forums, news, and links. Robotics India.
- Idaho Humanoid Robotics www
Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Lab page that provides an overview of Humanoid Robotics, Robotics, addressing their history, current research, and ethical issues. Humanoid Robotics.
- Robotics Robotic Spot www
Robotics portal site devoted to robotic locomotion and home automation. Spot. Based in Madrid, Spain. Site in English and Spanish. Robotic Spot.
- Site The Loebner Prize www
Site of the annual Turing Test contest. The Loebner Prize.
- an PC AI www
an enormous amount of resources pertaining to AI PC AI.
- An International Society for Adaptive Behavior www
An international scientific society devoted to education and furthering research on adaptive behavior in animals, Society for Adaptive Behavior, animats, software agents, and robots. International Society for Adaptive Behavior.
- CALResCo CALresCo - Complexity and Alife Research and information www
CALResCo promotes free world-wide education about Complex Systems CALresCo - Complexity and Alife Research and information.
- Artist, Clayton Bailey Robot Sculptures www
Artist, Bailey Robot Sculptures, Clayton Bailey has made more 100 life size metal robots made from scrap. Site includes many photos. Clayton Bailey Robot Sculptures.
- A Ullanta Performance Robotics www
A theater troupe in which the actors are autonomous robots. Performance Robotics. The troupe presents traditional plays, performance art pieces, and dances; and, for recreation, participates in RoboCup robotic soccer competition. Ullanta Performance Robotics.
- A Jones on Stepping Motors www
A tutorial on the use of computer controlled stepping motors. Jones on Stepping Motors.
- Tutorials Society of Robots www
Tutorials on how to build a robot at any skill level with pictures, Robots, parts lists, and basic term definitions. Society of Robots.
- Business Gecko Systems www
Business and home automation with a programmable, Systems, upgradeable, expandable robot that interfaces with Windows 95, 98, and NT. GUI software included. Gecko Systems.
- Dolphin AquaMonster www
Dolphin and Wizard automatic pool cleaners, AquaMonster, pool robot and vacuum. AquaMonster.
- This Intelligent Ground Vehicle Competition www
This site has information on the annual competition where college students design and construct autonomous ground vehicles to compete in the Autonomous Challenge Competition Vehicle Design Competition and Navigation Challenge Competition. Ground Vehicle Competition. The site consists of Location and date, rules, team photographs, entry application, news, and results from previous competitions. Intelligent Ground Vehicle Competition.
- A Eurobot www
A technical, Eurobot, scientific and entertaining challenge organised in France for students from engineering schools, universities or for private scientific clubs. Eurobot.
- Alexa: Robotics Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Robotics Computers
- DMOZ: Robotics Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Robotics Computers