Robotics is a term coined by Isaac Asimov to describe the field of science involving robots and related technologies. So what is a robot? The word comes from a 1923 Czech play called R.U.R. and described autonomous, humanoid robot servants. The original Czech word was robota, which means "servitude or forced labor". According to the Syrius Cybernetics Corporation of Douglas Adams' Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a robot is "your plastic pal who's fun to be with". A more conventional definition is, "A mechanical device that sometimes resembles a human and is capable of performing a variety of often complex human tasks". There are many other definitions, some a bit too narrow and some far too broad. Robotics Computers.
Robotics is the branch of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and computer science that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots, as well as computer systems for their control, sensory feedback, and information processing. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Robotics is an interdisciplinary branch of engineering and science that includes mechanical engineering, electronics engineering, computer science, and others. Robotics deals with the design, construction, operation, and use of robots, as well as computer systems for their control, sensory feedback, and information processing.
- Robotics Category
- Anderson Powerpole connector.
- Artificial intelligence - Artificial intelligence is intelligence demonstrated by machines, in contrast to the natural intelligence displayed by humans and other animals.
- Autonomous robot - An autonomous robot performs behaviors or tasks with a high degree of autonomy, which is particularly desirable in fields such as spaceflight, household maintenance, waste water treatment and delivering goods and services.
- Cloud robotics - Cloud robotics is a field of robotics that attempts to invoke cloud technologies such as cloud computing, cloud storage, and other Internet technologies centred on the benefits of converged infrastructure and shared services for robotics.
- Cognitive robotics - Cognitive robotics is concerned with endowing a robot with intelligent behavior by providing it with a processing architecture that will allow it to learn and reason about how to behave in response to complex goals in a complex world.
- Evolutionary robotics - Evolutionary robotics is a methodology that uses evolutionary computation to develop controllers and/or hardware for autonomous robots. Algorithms in ER frequently operate on populations of candidate controllers, initially selected from some distribution.
- Robotics Robots.net www
Robotics and AI news Robots.net.
- For Robotics FAQ www
For the newsgroups comp. FAQ.robotics.misc and comp.robotics.research. Robotics FAQ.
- News, Robonyp's Website www
News, Website, links, and several tutorials, on electronics and robotics. Robonyp's Website.
- A Robots.net www
A news and discussion site for those interested in robots and robotics. Robots.net. Home of the Robot Competition FAQ and a variety of resource pages. Robots.net.
- Robotics Robotics India www
Robotics community site for India. India. Site include discussion forums, news, and links. Robotics India.
- Portal Machine Grid www
Portal site featuring tutorials, Grid, news, links, and other resources for robot builders. Machine Grid.
- News Tech Geek www
News and reviews on the latest robotics innovation, Geek, and projects to try. Tech Geek.
- Articles Popular Mechanics Robotics www
Articles discussing the latest news on robotics technology and artificial intelligence research. Popular Mechanics Robotics.
- A Orion Robots www
A weblog with tips and help on building robots, Robots, robot links and robot designs. Orion Robots.
- An GoRobotics.net www
An amateur robotics site, GoRobotics.net, including links, books, and resources. GoRobotics.net.
- Idaho Humanoid Robotics www
Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Lab page that provides an overview of Humanoid Robotics, Robotics, addressing their history, current research, and ethical issues. Humanoid Robotics.
- News RobotsLife.com www
News and interviews, RobotsLife.com, and information on research and events. RobotsLife.com.
- Includes Learn about Robots www
Includes commentary on robot related terminology and many applications of robotics including entertainment, about Robots, military, space, industrial, and others. Learn about Robots.
- Lots Android World www
Lots of information on androids and specific android projects. Android World.
- Photographed How Stuff Works - The Singing Fish www
Photographed autopsy of the popular singing fish novelty fad reveals its robotic-like subsystems with complete informative descriptions. How Stuff Works - The Singing Fish.
- Offers BBC Robot World www
Offers news, Robot World, reviews and history of robots, as well as robot building guides and a discussion forum. BBC Robot World.
- Robotics Robotic Spot www
Robotics portal site devoted to robotic locomotion and home automation. Spot. Based in Madrid, Spain. Site in English and Spanish. Robotic Spot.
- Online Electronics Forum www
Online discussion forum for subject related to electronics including robotics, Forum, analog design, analog filters, and tubes. Electronics Forum.
- An Australia's Telerobot on the Web www
An ABB industrial robot operated via the Internet. Telerobot on the Web. Online since 1994 and originally controlled with a web browser applet, this was one of the first web-controlled robots. Registration is required to use the robot. Australia's Telerobot on the Web.
- A American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty toward Robots www
A site devoted to ensuring the rights of any sentient robots that may someday be developed. American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty toward Robots.
- Discussion RobotsRule.com Forum www
Discussion forum for fans of the Robots. Forum.net web site. RobotsRule.com Forum.
- News Plausible Futures Newsletter www
News weblog on topics that include robotics, Futures Newsletter, artificial intelligence, nanotechnology, biotechnology, and sciences that could dramatically affect the future of society. Plausible Futures Newsletter.
- News, Robotics Trends www
News, Trends, information, opinion and analysis portal covering the personal, service, mobile and military robotics markets. Robotics Trends.
- RobotCafe.com RobotCafe.com www
RobotCafe. RobotCafe.com.com is a unique portal that offers search results based on quality and popularity. Find free tutorials, news, discussion forums, and an directory of links to robotics websites. RobotCafe.com.
- Performance Processor Performance www
Performance and evaluation of processors, Performance, assembly programming, and unlimited shareware. Processor Performance.
- Introductory AI Topics www
Introductory resources concerning artificial intelligence and its many dimensions. AI Topics.
- A CALT Encyclopedia -- Artificial Life www
A collection of resources related to artificial life. Encyclopedia -- Artificial Life. Includes a section for social sciences (social micro-simulation) CALT Encyclopedia -- Artificial Life.
- CALResCo CALresCo - Complexity and Alife Research and information www
CALResCo promotes free world-wide education about Complex Systems CALresCo - Complexity and Alife Research and information.
- Robotic Robotic Art of Carl Pisaturo www
Robotic Sculpture, Art of Carl Pisaturo, built by Carl Pisaturo. Pictured and described. Robotic Art of Carl Pisaturo.
- An OmniCircus Junkyard Cabaret and Robot Ensemble www
An experimental, Junkyard Cabaret and Robot Ensemble, surreal musical-cabaret group, led since its founding in 1988 by composer-artist Frank Garvey. Shows integrate live performance with life-sized computer-controlled robotics and midi-controlled virtual-reality (VRpit) performers. OmniCircus Junkyard Cabaret and Robot Ensemble.
- Offers Handyboard from MIT www
Offers an affordable, from MIT, nearly plug and play and fairly well documented microcontroller board supporting several digital and analogue ports, the ability to control four motors, and an LCD. Handyboard from MIT.
- Tutorials Society of Robots www
Tutorials on how to build a robot at any skill level with pictures, Robots, parts lists, and basic term definitions. Society of Robots.
- A RoperResources www
A manufacturers' representative for remote operated vehicles and robotics for a variety of underwater and land based applications. RoperResources.
- Provides Perrone Robotics, Inc. www
Provides robotics technology and software for use in consumer, Robotics, Inc., professional, and military robotics applications. Perrone Robotics, Inc..
- A Roboexotica www
A competition of developing technologies for the integration of technological achievements in everyday life, Roboexotica, and as a means of documenting the creation of new interfaces for man-machine-interaction. Roboexotica.
- BEST BEST Robotics Inc www
BEST stands for Boosting Engineering, Robotics Inc, Science, and Technology. BEST is a non-profit organization that promotes team problem solving aided by local industry volunteers, teachers, and mentors through yearly competitions. BEST Robotics Inc.
- Alexa: Robotics Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Robotics Computers
- DMOZ: Robotics Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Robotics Computers