Robotics is a term coined by Isaac Asimov to describe the field of science involving robots and related technologies. So what is a robot? The word comes from a 1923 Czech play called R.U.R. and described autonomous, humanoid robot servants. The original Czech word was robota, which means "servitude or forced labor". According to the Syrius Cybernetics Corporation of Douglas Adams' Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a robot is "your plastic pal who's fun to be with". A more conventional definition is, "A mechanical device that sometimes resembles a human and is capable of performing a variety of often complex human tasks". There are many other definitions, some a bit too narrow and some far too broad. Robotics Computers.
Robotics is the branch of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and computer science that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots, as well as computer systems for their control, sensory feedback, and information processing. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Robotics is an interdisciplinary branch of engineering and science that includes mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, and others. Robotics deals with the design, construction, operation, and use of robots, as well as computer systems for their control, sensory feedback, and information processing.
- Robotics Category
- Anderson Powerpole connector.
- Artificial intelligence - Artificial intelligence is intelligence exhibited by machines. In computer science, the field of AI research defines itself as the study of "intelligent agents": any device that perceives its environment and takes actions that maximize its chance of success at some goal.
- Autonomous robot - An autonomous robot is a robot that performs behaviors or tasks with a high degree of autonomy, which is particularly desirable in fields such as spaceflight, household maintenance, waste water treatment and delivering goods and services.
- Cloud robotics - Cloud robotics is a field of robotics that attempts to invoke cloud technologies such as cloud computing, cloud storage, and other Internet technologies centred on the benefits of converged infrastructure and shared services for robotics.
- Cognitive robotics - Cognitive robotics is concerned with endowing a robot with intelligent behavior by providing it with a processing architecture that will allow it to learn and reason about how to behave in response to complex goals in a complex world.
- Evolutionary robotics - Evolutionary robotics is a methodology that uses evolutionary computation to develop controllers for autonomous robots. Algorithms in ER frequently operate on populations of candidate controllers, initially selected from some distribution.
- Idaho Humanoid Robotics www
Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Lab page that provides an overview of Humanoid Robotics, Robotics, addressing their history, current research, and ethical issues. Humanoid Robotics.
- RobotCafe.com RobotCafe.com www
RobotCafe. RobotCafe.com.com is a unique portal that offers search results based on quality and popularity. Find free tutorials, news, discussion forums, and an directory of links to robotics websites. RobotCafe.com.
- An GoRobotics.net www
An amateur robotics site, GoRobotics.net, including links, books, and resources. GoRobotics.net.
- Portal Machine Grid www
Portal site featuring tutorials, Grid, news, links, and other resources for robot builders. Machine Grid.
- A Orion Robots www
A weblog with tips and help on building robots, Robots, robot links and robot designs. Orion Robots.
- News, Robotics Trends www
News, Trends, information, opinion and analysis portal covering the personal, service, mobile and military robotics markets. Robotics Trends.
- For Robotics FAQ www
For the newsgroups comp. FAQ.robotics.misc and comp.robotics.research. Robotics FAQ.
- A Robots.net www
A news and discussion site for those interested in robots and robotics. Robots.net. Home of the Robot Competition FAQ and a variety of resource pages. Robots.net.
- An Australia's Telerobot on the Web www
An ABB industrial robot operated via the Internet. Telerobot on the Web. Online since 1994 and originally controlled with a web browser applet, this was one of the first web-controlled robots. Registration is required to use the robot. Australia's Telerobot on the Web.
- Robotics Robots.net www
Robotics and AI news Robots.net.
- Discussion RobotsRule.com Forum www
Discussion forum for fans of the Robots. Forum.net web site. RobotsRule.com Forum.
- Robotics Robotic Spot www
Robotics portal site devoted to robotic locomotion and home automation. Spot. Based in Madrid, Spain. Site in English and Spanish. Robotic Spot.
- News RobotsLife.com www
News and interviews, RobotsLife.com, and information on research and events. RobotsLife.com.
- A American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty toward Robots www
A site devoted to ensuring the rights of any sentient robots that may someday be developed. American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty toward Robots.
- Offers BBC Robot World www
Offers news, Robot World, reviews and history of robots, as well as robot building guides and a discussion forum. BBC Robot World.
- Articles Popular Mechanics Robotics www
Articles discussing the latest news on robotics technology and artificial intelligence research. Popular Mechanics Robotics.
- Includes Learn about Robots www
Includes commentary on robot related terminology and many applications of robotics including entertainment, about Robots, military, space, industrial, and others. Learn about Robots.
- News Plausible Futures Newsletter www
News weblog on topics that include robotics, Futures Newsletter, artificial intelligence, nanotechnology, biotechnology, and sciences that could dramatically affect the future of society. Plausible Futures Newsletter.
- News, Robonyp's Website www
News, Website, links, and several tutorials, on electronics and robotics. Robonyp's Website.
- Robotics Robotics India www
Robotics community site for India. India. Site include discussion forums, news, and links. Robotics India.
- News Tech Geek www
News and reviews on the latest robotics innovation, Geek, and projects to try. Tech Geek.
- Photographed How Stuff Works - The Singing Fish www
Photographed autopsy of the popular singing fish novelty fad reveals its robotic-like subsystems with complete informative descriptions. How Stuff Works - The Singing Fish.
- Online Electronics Forum www
Online discussion forum for subject related to electronics including robotics, Forum, analog design, analog filters, and tubes. Electronics Forum.
- Lots Android World www
Lots of information on androids and specific android projects. Android World.
- Community Artificial Intelligence Depot www
Community discussions, Intelligence Depot, regular tutorials, daily news, and a searchable knowledge base. Artificial Intelligence Depot.
- Resources AI Links www
Resources in Adaptive Behavior, Links, Reinforcement Learning, Computational Evolution, Natural Evolution, AI in general and Conferences. Maintained by Mark Humphreys, Dublin City University. AI Links.
- Links Artificial Intelligence - Artificial Life www
Links to artificial life/intelligence projects, Intelligence - Artificial Life, with a collection of links including swarming Java applets. Artificial Intelligence - Artificial Life.
- A glAnts www
A sourceforge project for a combination game and simulation that allows interaction with simple artificial ants. glAnts.
- Artist, Clayton Bailey Robot Sculptures www
Artist, Bailey Robot Sculptures, Clayton Bailey has made more 100 life size metal robots made from scrap. Site includes many photos. Clayton Bailey Robot Sculptures.
- An F18 Institute www
An artist coop that works with robotic, Institute, mechanical and electronic devices. They re-invent and dismantle existing technology with an artistic approach. Their goal is understanding of the relation between man and machine and man and systems. F18 Institute.
- The PPRK: Palm Pilot Robot Kit www
The Palm Pilot Robot Kit is a design for an easy-to-build, Palm Pilot Robot Kit, fully autonomous robot controlled by a Palm handheld computer. PPRK: Palm Pilot Robot Kit.
- Electronics PiC Electronics Projects www
Electronics Projects using PIC microcontrollers including EEPROMs, Electronics Projects, USB, LCD, wireless modules, i2c, compass, and tilt sensor. Projects may be used for educational purposes but not commercially. PiC Electronics Projects.
- Industry International Federation of Robotics www
Industry group concerned with commercial robotics. International Federation of Robotics.
- Develops Willow Garage www
Develops hardware and open source software for personal robotic applications. Willow Garage.
- Robot Robot Riots robot combat event www
Robot Riots robot combat event in Toronto - check site for latest event. Riots robot combat event. Part of the Toronto Robot Fight Club. Robot Riots robot combat event.
- RoboGames CNET - Robots ready to rumble www
RoboGames (formerly called Robolympics) in San Francisco gives machines a chance to show their stuff in contests from sumo to soccer. Robots ready to rumble. An article by Richard Shim. CNET - Robots ready to rumble.
- Alexa: Robotics Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Robotics Computers
- DMOZ: Robotics Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Robotics Computers