Robotics is a term coined by Isaac Asimov to describe the field of science involving robots and related technologies. So what is a robot? The word comes from a 1923 Czech play called R.U.R. and described autonomous, humanoid robot servants. The original Czech word was robota, which means "servitude or forced labor". According to the Syrius Cybernetics Corporation of Douglas Adams' Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a robot is "your plastic pal who's fun to be with". A more conventional definition is, "A mechanical device that sometimes resembles a human and is capable of performing a variety of often complex human tasks". There are many other definitions, some a bit too narrow and some far too broad. Robotics Computers.
Robotics is the branch of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and computer science that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots, as well as computer systems for their control, sensory feedback, and information processing. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Robotics is an interdisciplinary branch of engineering and science that includes mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, and others. Robotics deals with the design, construction, operation, and use of robots, as well as computer systems for their control, sensory feedback, and information processing.
- Robotics Category
- Anderson Powerpole connector.
- Artificial intelligence - Artificial intelligence is intelligence demonstrated by machines, in contrast to the natural intelligence displayed by humans and other animals.
- Autonomous robot - An autonomous robot performs behaviors or tasks with a high degree of autonomy, which is particularly desirable in fields such as spaceflight, household maintenance, waste water treatment and delivering goods and services.
- Cloud robotics - Cloud robotics is a field of robotics that attempts to invoke cloud technologies such as cloud computing, cloud storage, and other Internet technologies centred on the benefits of converged infrastructure and shared services for robotics.
- Cognitive robotics - Cognitive robotics is concerned with endowing a robot with intelligent behavior by providing it with a processing architecture that will allow it to learn and reason about how to behave in response to complex goals in a complex world.
- Evolutionary robotics - Evolutionary robotics is a methodology that uses evolutionary computation to develop controllers for autonomous robots. Algorithms in ER frequently operate on populations of candidate controllers, initially selected from some distribution.
- A Robots.net www
A news and discussion site for those interested in robots and robotics. Robots.net. Home of the Robot Competition FAQ and a variety of resource pages. Robots.net.
- Discussion RobotsRule.com Forum www
Discussion forum for fans of the Robots. Forum.net web site. RobotsRule.com Forum.
- Robotics Robotics India www
Robotics community site for India. India. Site include discussion forums, news, and links. Robotics India.
- News RobotsLife.com www
News and interviews, RobotsLife.com, and information on research and events. RobotsLife.com.
- Lots Android World www
Lots of information on androids and specific android projects. Android World.
- News, Robonyp's Website www
News, Website, links, and several tutorials, on electronics and robotics. Robonyp's Website.
- Robotics Robotic Spot www
Robotics portal site devoted to robotic locomotion and home automation. Spot. Based in Madrid, Spain. Site in English and Spanish. Robotic Spot.
- Includes Learn about Robots www
Includes commentary on robot related terminology and many applications of robotics including entertainment, about Robots, military, space, industrial, and others. Learn about Robots.
- Offers BBC Robot World www
Offers news, Robot World, reviews and history of robots, as well as robot building guides and a discussion forum. BBC Robot World.
- Articles Popular Mechanics Robotics www
Articles discussing the latest news on robotics technology and artificial intelligence research. Popular Mechanics Robotics.
- RobotCafe.com RobotCafe.com www
RobotCafe. RobotCafe.com.com is a unique portal that offers search results based on quality and popularity. Find free tutorials, news, discussion forums, and an directory of links to robotics websites. RobotCafe.com.
- Online Electronics Forum www
Online discussion forum for subject related to electronics including robotics, Forum, analog design, analog filters, and tubes. Electronics Forum.
- Portal Machine Grid www
Portal site featuring tutorials, Grid, news, links, and other resources for robot builders. Machine Grid.
- A Orion Robots www
A weblog with tips and help on building robots, Robots, robot links and robot designs. Orion Robots.
- For Robotics FAQ www
For the newsgroups comp. FAQ.robotics.misc and comp.robotics.research. Robotics FAQ.
- News Plausible Futures Newsletter www
News weblog on topics that include robotics, Futures Newsletter, artificial intelligence, nanotechnology, biotechnology, and sciences that could dramatically affect the future of society. Plausible Futures Newsletter.
- An GoRobotics.net www
An amateur robotics site, GoRobotics.net, including links, books, and resources. GoRobotics.net.
- News Tech Geek www
News and reviews on the latest robotics innovation, Geek, and projects to try. Tech Geek.
- An Australia's Telerobot on the Web www
An ABB industrial robot operated via the Internet. Telerobot on the Web. Online since 1994 and originally controlled with a web browser applet, this was one of the first web-controlled robots. Registration is required to use the robot. Australia's Telerobot on the Web.
- A American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty toward Robots www
A site devoted to ensuring the rights of any sentient robots that may someday be developed. American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty toward Robots.
- Robotics Robots.net www
Robotics and AI news Robots.net.
- Photographed How Stuff Works - The Singing Fish www
Photographed autopsy of the popular singing fish novelty fad reveals its robotic-like subsystems with complete informative descriptions. How Stuff Works - The Singing Fish.
- Idaho Humanoid Robotics www
Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Lab page that provides an overview of Humanoid Robotics, Robotics, addressing their history, current research, and ethical issues. Humanoid Robotics.
- News, Robotics Trends www
News, Trends, information, opinion and analysis portal covering the personal, service, mobile and military robotics markets. Robotics Trends.
- an PC AI www
an enormous amount of resources pertaining to AI PC AI.
- KurzweilAI.net Kurzweil Accelerating Intelligence Network www
KurzweilAI. Accelerating Intelligence Network.net explores trends in emerging technologies in the 21st century. Also, it attempts to showcase leading technologies in AI and related fields. Kurzweil Accelerating Intelligence Network.
- Promotes alife.net www
Promotes the artificial life community by offering news, alife.net, discussions, polls, software. Free registration. alife.net.
- Simulations Boids: A Distributed Behavioral Model www
Simulations of group motion in flocks, Distributed Behavioral Model, herds, and schools, along with related phenomena. Includes many links to related applications and research, e.g. Artificial Life. Boids: A Distributed Behavioral Model.
- An F18 Institute www
An artist coop that works with robotic, Institute, mechanical and electronic devices. They re-invent and dismantle existing technology with an artistic approach. Their goal is understanding of the relation between man and machine and man and systems. F18 Institute.
- An OmniCircus Junkyard Cabaret and Robot Ensemble www
An experimental, Junkyard Cabaret and Robot Ensemble, surreal musical-cabaret group, led since its founding in 1988 by composer-artist Frank Garvey. Shows integrate live performance with life-sized computer-controlled robotics and midi-controlled virtual-reality (VRpit) performers. OmniCircus Junkyard Cabaret and Robot Ensemble.
- Support Robotics Universe www
Support site for the book, Universe, Robot Builder's Bonanza, and, hopes to become a repository of useful robotics information. Robotics Universe.
- An Dick Cappels' Project Pages www
An assortment of microcontroller projects for robotics and other embedded applications. Cappels' Project Pages. Projects include a software component, a hardware component, or both. The information and source code is proprietary. The license allows free (gratis) download and use for non-commercial purposes only. Dick Cappels' Project Pages.
- Develops Willow Garage www
Develops hardware and open source software for personal robotic applications. Willow Garage.
- Offers Probotics www
Offers robots for commercial and home uses including lawn mowing and pool cleaning. Probotics.
- Provides 6.270 - MIT's Autonomous Robot Design Competition www
Provides description of class and robot competition contestants. MIT's Autonomous Robot Design Competition. Includes an overview of previous contests. 6.270 - MIT's Autonomous Robot Design Competition.
- Robot Robot Riots robot combat event www
Robot Riots robot combat event in Toronto - check site for latest event. Riots robot combat event. Part of the Toronto Robot Fight Club. Robot Riots robot combat event.
- Alexa: Robotics Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Robotics Computers
- DMOZ: Robotics Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Robotics Computers