Concerns the protection of system resources and data from unauthorized use or access in stand alone or networked environments. Security measures are implemented through a combination of software, hardware and physical restrictions. They can operate across different selections of content from individual files up to an entire networked enterprise. Tools used to secure systems environments include authentication systems, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus software, biometrics, virtual private networks and cryptography. Security Computers.
Perception of security may be poorly mapped to measurable objective security. For example, the fear of earthquakes has been reported to be more common than the fear of slipping on the bathroom floor although the latter kills many more people than the former. (wikipedia)
- Security The degree of resistance to, or protection from, harm. It applies to any vulnerable and/or...
- Computer security The protection of computer systems from the theft or damage to their hardware, software or...
- Information security The practice of preventing unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification...
- Energy security The association between national security and the availability of natural resources for energy...
- Individual security A basic entitlement guaranteed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted by the...
- National security A concept that a government, along with its parliaments, should protect the state and its...
- Physical security Physical security describes security measures that are designed to deny unauthorized access to...
- Economic security The condition of having stable income or other resources to support a standard of living now and...
- Security (album) The fourth album released by English rock musician Peter Gabriel.
- Security (film) An upcoming American action thriller film directed by Alain Desrochers and written by Tony Mosher...
- Security convergence Security convergence refers to the convergence of two historically distinct security functions ?...
- Mailing PatchManagement.org www
Mailing list dedicated to the discussion of patch management. PatchManagement.org.
- Searchable Open Source Vulnerability Database www
Searchable database of vulnerabilities. Source Vulnerability Database. Offers data for download in XML format as well as via website. Details of how to submit new vulnerabilities, database schema and FAQ. Open Source Vulnerability Database.
- Offer SAFLINK www
Offer a range of identity management solutions based on tokens, SAFLINK, smartcards and biometrics. Headquarters in Bellevue, WA. SAFLINK.
- A BioPassword www
A software-based technology that learns and verifies unique typing patterns. BioPassword. Includes an introduction to biometrics and keyboard dynamics. BioPassword.
- Manufacturer AMAG Technology, Inc. www
Manufacturer of card and biometric access control systems, Technology, Inc., with distribution worldwide. Includes articles and descriptions of products. AMAG Technology, Inc..
- Korean Exim21.com www
Korean site offers biometric and proximity RFID system for access control and time attendance applications. Exim21.com.
- Since Tech Support Guy Security Forums www
Since 1996, Support Guy Security Forums, Tech Support Guy has been providing free technical support to computer users of all experience levels. Tech Support Guy Security Forums.
- Security Wilders Security Forums www
Security forums covering a wide array of topics including spyware, Security Forums, viruses and privacy software. Wilders Security Forums.
- Conference VP4S-06: Video Processing for Security www
Conference focused on processing video data from security devices. Video Processing for Security. June 7-9, 2006, Quebec City, Canada. VP4S-06: Video Processing for Security.
- The InfoSecurity Canada www
The largest Canadian security tradeshow and conference. Canada. Vendors, threats and countermeasure presentations. InfoSecurity Canada.
- Offers Wired Safety www
Offers advice about things that can go wrong online, Safety, including con artists, identity thieves, predators, stalkers, criminal hackers, fraud, cyber-romance gone wrong and privacy problems. Includes contact form. Wired Safety.
- Free Open DNS www
Free openly distributed DNS servers that provide greater reliability and security for business and home users surfing the web. DNS. These DNS servers attempt to detect phishing scams that are often times linked to from within unsolicitated emails. Open DNS.
- Alexa: Security Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Security Computers
- DMOZ: Security Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Security Computers