Concerns the protection of system resources and data from unauthorized use or access in stand alone or networked environments. Security measures are implemented through a combination of software, hardware and physical restrictions. They can operate across different selections of content from individual files up to an entire networked enterprise. Tools used to secure systems environments include authentication systems, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus software, biometrics, virtual private networks and cryptography. Security Computers.
Perception of security may be poorly mapped to measurable objective security. For example, the fear of earthquakes has been reported to be more common than the fear of slipping on the bathroom floor although the latter kills many more people than the former. (wikipedia)
- Security The degree of resistance to, or protection from, harm. It applies to any vulnerable or...
- Computer security The protection of computer systems from the theft and damage to their hardware, software or...
- Information security The practice of preventing unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification...
- Energy security The association between national security and the availability of natural resources for energy...
- Food security A condition related to the supply of food, and individuals' access to it.
- Individual security A basic entitlement guaranteed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted by the...
- National security A concept that a government, along with its parliaments, should protect the state and its...
- Physical security Physical security describes security measures that are designed to deny unauthorized access to...
- Economic security The condition of having stable income or other resources to support a standard of living now and...
- Security (album) The fourth album released by English rock musician Peter Gabriel.
- Security (film) A 2017 American action thriller film directed by Alain Desrochers and written by Tony Mosher and...
- Security ISS X-Force www
Security alerts, X-Force, advisories, and alert summaries from ISS. ISS X-Force.
- Charitable New Zealand Computer Emergency Readiness Team www
Charitable trust established to improve the general information security posture of New Zealand society. Zealand Computer Emergency Readiness Team. Provides news, alerts, trends and statistics. New Zealand Computer Emergency Readiness Team.
- Software Secure Remote Passwords www
Software integrates into existing networked applications. Remote Passwords. Secure telnet and FTP available. Open source. User and technical documentation as well as source code. Secure Remote Passwords.
- Paper A Proactive Password Checker www
Paper by M. Proactive Password Checker. Bishop, 1991. The author describes a technique, and a mechanism, to allow users to select passwords which to them are easy to remember but to others would be very difficult to guess. [Postscript] A Proactive Password Checker.
- Korean Exim21.com www
Korean site offers biometric and proximity RFID system for access control and time attendance applications. Exim21.com.
- Manufacturer AMAG Technology, Inc. www
Manufacturer of card and biometric access control systems, Technology, Inc., with distribution worldwide. Includes articles and descriptions of products. AMAG Technology, Inc..
- A Gladiator Security Forum www
A forum to discuss general security matters. Gladiator Security Forum.
- Online GFi Forums www
Online discussion of security and messaging software. GFi Forums.
- A Security Decisions Conference and Seminar www
A vendor neutral security conference for enterprise security managers and senior IT professionals. Security Decisions Conference and Seminar.
- Focused HacKid www
Focused on the 5-17 crowd, HacKid, offers a child centric approach to raise awareness and understanding of technology, mathematics and engineering and the impact on society and culture. Includes locations, schedules, and mailing list signup. HacKid.
- Spyware Spyware watch www
Spyware information and tools. Spyware watch.
- This How to Bypass Most Firewall Restrictions and Access the Internet Privately, a.k.a. The Surf At Work Page www
This guide discusses a way an employee or student can securely access the Internet while at work or school, Bypass Most Firewall Restrictions and Access the Internet Privately, a.k.a. The Surf At Work Page, and also get around some common firewall restrictions that prevent using most networked programs. How to Bypass Most Firewall Restrictions and Access the Internet Privately, a.k.a. The Surf At Work Page.
- Alexa: Security Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Security Computers
- DMOZ: Security Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Security Computers