Concerns the protection of system resources and data from unauthorized use or access in stand alone or networked environments. Security measures are implemented through a combination of software, hardware and physical restrictions. They can operate across different selections of content from individual files up to an entire networked enterprise. Tools used to secure systems environments include authentication systems, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus software, biometrics, virtual private networks and cryptography. Security Computers.
Perception of security may be poorly mapped to measurable objective security. For example, the fear of earthquakes has been reported to be more common than the fear of slipping on the bathroom floor although the latter kills many more people than the former. (wikipedia)
- Security The degree of resistance to, or protection from, harm. It applies to any vulnerable and...
- Information security The practice of preventing unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification...
- Computer security The protection of computer systems from the theft or damage to the hardware, software or the...
- Energy security The association between national security and the availability of natural resources for energy...
- Individual security A basic entitlement guaranteed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted by the...
- National security A concept that a government, along with its parliaments, should protect the state and its...
- Physical security Physical security describes security measures that are designed to deny unauthorized access to...
- Security (finance) A tradable financial asset.
- Security (album) The fourth album released by the English rock musician Peter Gabriel.
- Security (film) An upcoming American action thriller film directed by Alain Desrochers and written by Tony Mosher...
- Security convergence Security convergence refers to the convergence of two historically distinct security functions ?...
- US-CERT www
Established in 2003 to protect the nation's Internet infrastructure, US-CERT, US-CERT coordinates defense against and responses to cyber attacks across the nation.
- Full SecurityFocus: Bugtraq www
Full disclosure computer security vulnerabilities feed. SecurityFocus: Bugtraq.
- Paper A Proactive Password Checker www
Paper by M. Proactive Password Checker. Bishop, 1991. The author describes a technique, and a mechanism, to allow users to select passwords which to them are easy to remember but to others would be very difficult to guess. [Postscript] A Proactive Password Checker.
- Offer SAFLINK www
Offer a range of identity management solutions based on tokens, SAFLINK, smartcards and biometrics. Headquarters in Bellevue, WA. SAFLINK.
- Korean Exim21.com www
Korean site offers biometric and proximity RFID system for access control and time attendance applications. Exim21.com.
- FAQ Bioidentification www
FAQ covering basic information, Bioidentification, performance, implementation, and security. Bioidentification.
- Forums Security and Privacy Forums www
Forums for discussing securing the home and SOHO users. Security and Privacy Forums.
- A Gladiator Security Forum www
A forum to discuss general security matters. Gladiator Security Forum.
- Yearly SafeComp www
Yearly international conference on computer safety, SafeComp, reliability and security, held in September. Includes proceedings of past conferences, conference journals, links, schedule, venue information, call for papers, and contact information. SafeComp.
- International AusCERT www
International conference focusing on IT security. AusCERT. Held near Brisbane, Australia. AusCERT.
- Learn Outlook Express Security Tutorial www
Learn how to backup your Outlook Express (OE) Email, Express Security Tutorial, investigate the Windows Registry and transfer your email account and rules settings to another PC. Outlook Express Security Tutorial.
- Provides GRC Security Now www
Provides access to weekly podcasts and whitpapers on topics like Windows Vista, Security Now, computer security, virus advisories, and other interesting hacking topics. GRC Security Now.
- Alexa: Security Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Security Computers
- DMOZ: Security Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Security Computers