News and media, companies and research, and opposing views and protests relating to computer software used to recognize and differentiate between human faces. Face Recognition Biometrics Security Computers.
- Wikipedia: A facial recognition system is a computer application capable of identifying or verifying a person from a digital image or a video frame from a video source. One of the ways to do this is by comparing selected facial features from the image and a face database. It is typically used in security systems and can be compared to other biometrics such as fingerprint or eye iris recognition systems. Recently, it has also become popular as a commercial identification and marketing tool.
- AI effect - The AI effect occurs when onlookers discount the behavior of an artificial intelligence program by arguing that it is not real intelligence.
- Applications of artificial intelligence
- Automatic number plate recognition - Automatic number plate recognition is a technology that uses optical character recognition on images to read vehicle registration plates. It can use existing closed-circuit television, road-rule enforcement cameras, or cameras specifically designed for the task.
- Coke Zero Facial Profiler - Facial Profiler was a free Facebook app created to promote Coca-Cola Zero by the advertising agency Crispin Porter + Bogusky. The app used face recognition technology to search a database of voluntarily participating Facebook users to match people based on appearance.
- Computer processing of body language
- Computer vision - Computer vision is an interdisciplinary field that deals with how computers can be made for gaining high-level understanding from digital images or videos. From the perspective of engineering, it seeks to automate tasks that the human visual system can do.
- Video surveillance
- Machine learning task
- Face recognition
- Automatic identification and data capture
- Face Face Detection and Face Recognition www
Face detection and recognition software project includes an online demo of the algorithm, Detection and Face Recognition, links to free software libraries, and a list of existing facial databases. Face Detection and Face Recognition.
- Aims Libface Project www
Aims at developing an open-source, Project, cross-platform library implementing a variety of face recognition algorithms. Libface Project.
- Aims Face Recognition Homepage www
Aims to provide scientists with the relevant information in the area of face recognition. Recognition Homepage. It is intended to be an information pool for this community. Face Recognition Homepage.
- For Face Detection Homepage www
For information and material on the task of detecting faces. Face Detection Homepage.
- Links Facial Expression Resources on the Web www
Links to resources for research on facial expressions. Facial Expression Resources on the Web.
- An Evaluation of Face Recognition Algorithms www
An online resource for face recognition researchers that provides a standard set of well known algorithms and experimental protocols with which novel algorithms can be compared. Evaluation of Face Recognition Algorithms.
- Research Automated Face Tracking And Recognition www
Research paper on face tracking and recognition. Automated Face Tracking And Recognition.
- Software Aurora Computer Services www
Software and services for security, Computer Services, surveillance, access, timekeeping and management. Aurora Computer Services.
- Makers Cognitec Systems www
Makers of FaceVACS face recognition software. Systems. Product overview, company profile, news, and employment opportunities. Cognitec Systems.
- Images, Oulu Physics-Based Face Database www
Images, Physics-Based Face Database, skin spectral reflectance measurements of subjects, camera channel response and spectral power distribution of illuminants used. 111 subjects, 16 images per subject (32 images if glasses present); resolution 428x569; 24-bit RGB images; compressed BMPs; frontal faces; varying lighting; minor variation in pose; grey background; stored on 2 CDs; $50 charge. Oulu Physics-Based Face Database.
- Ljubljani CVL Face Database www
114 persons, CVL Face Database, 7 images per person; resolution 640x480; color images; JPEGs; uniform background and lighting; side views; varying facial expressions; request database from researcher. Ljubljani CVL Face Database.
- Review New Side to Face-Recognition Technology: Identifying Victims www
Review of a British project to stop child pornography. Side to Face-Recognition Technology: Identifying Victims. [NY Times] New Side to Face-Recognition Technology: Identifying Victims.
- Outlines ACLU: Face Recognition Technology www
Outlines libertarian concerns about the technology and copies of letters sent objecting to its use in various places. ACLU: Face Recognition Technology.
- Article Your Face Is Not a Bar Code www
Article by Philip E. Face Is Not a Bar Code. Agre reviewing the applications, problems, and arguments against face recognition technology. Your Face Is Not a Bar Code.
- Reference Face Recognition: Bibliography www
Reference list of a hundred computer science articles. Face Recognition: Bibliography.
- Primarily Computer Vision Handbook www
Primarily intended for a researcher trying to decipher papers outside his own area of expertise, Vision Handbook, or a graduate student starting research. Computer Vision Handbook.
- Opitcal Michael J. Black www
Opitcal flow, Black, human motion tracking and recognition, robust estimation, and probabilistic inference. Updated publications, source code for motion estimation, and new image sequences. Michael J. Black.
- Korean Exim21.com www
Korean site offers biometric and proximity RFID system for access control and time attendance applications. Exim21.com.
- FAQ Bioidentification www
FAQ covering basic information, Bioidentification, performance, implementation, and security. Bioidentification.
- Alexa: Face Recognition Biometrics
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Face Recognition Biometrics
- DMOZ: Face Recognition Biometrics
dmoz.org Directory: Face Recognition Biometrics