News and media, companies and research, and opposing views and protests relating to computer software used to recognize and differentiate between human faces. Face Recognition Biometrics Security Computers.
- Wikipedia: A facial recognition system is a computer application capable of identifying or verifying a person from a digital image or a video frame from a video source. One of the ways to do this is by comparing selected facial features from the image and a face database. It is typically used in security systems and can be compared to other biometrics such as fingerprint or eye iris recognition systems. Recently, it has also become popular as a commercial identification and marketing tool.
- AI effect - The AI effect occurs when onlookers discount the behavior of an artificial intelligence program by arguing that it is not real intelligence.
- Applications of artificial intelligence
- Automatic number plate recognition - Automatic number plate recognition is a technology that uses optical character recognition on images to read vehicle registration plates. It can use existing closed-circuit television, road-rule enforcement cameras, or cameras specifically designed for the task.
- Coke Zero Facial Profiler - Facial Profiler was a free Facebook app created to promote Coca-Cola Zero by the advertising agency Crispin Porter + Bogusky. The app used face recognition technology to search a database of voluntarily participating Facebook users to match people based on appearance.
- Computer processing of body language
- Computer vision - Computer vision is an interdisciplinary field that deals with how computers can be made for gaining high-level understanding from digital images or videos. From the perspective of engineering, it seeks to automate tasks that the human visual system can do.
- Video surveillance
- Machine learning task
- Face recognition
- Automatic identification and data capture
- Links Facial Expression Resources on the Web www
Links to resources for research on facial expressions. Facial Expression Resources on the Web.
- Face Face Detection and Face Recognition www
Face detection and recognition software project includes an online demo of the algorithm, Detection and Face Recognition, links to free software libraries, and a list of existing facial databases. Face Detection and Face Recognition.
- Research Automated Face Tracking And Recognition www
Research paper on face tracking and recognition. Automated Face Tracking And Recognition.
- Aims Face Recognition Homepage www
Aims to provide scientists with the relevant information in the area of face recognition. Recognition Homepage. It is intended to be an information pool for this community. Face Recognition Homepage.
- Aims Libface Project www
Aims at developing an open-source, Project, cross-platform library implementing a variety of face recognition algorithms. Libface Project.
- For Face Detection Homepage www
For information and material on the task of detecting faces. Face Detection Homepage.
- An Evaluation of Face Recognition Algorithms www
An online resource for face recognition researchers that provides a standard set of well known algorithms and experimental protocols with which novel algorithms can be compared. Evaluation of Face Recognition Algorithms.
- Product Cognitec Systems GmbH www
Product information on FaceVACS facial recognition technology. Cognitec Systems GmbH.
- Software Aurora Computer Services www
Software and services for security, Computer Services, surveillance, access, timekeeping and management. Aurora Computer Services.
- Ljubljani CVL Face Database www
114 persons, CVL Face Database, 7 images per person; resolution 640x480; color images; JPEGs; uniform background and lighting; side views; varying facial expressions; request database from researcher. Ljubljani CVL Face Database.
- Standard NIST FERET www
Standard face database for the evaluation of face recognition systems. NIST FERET.
- Article Guardian: Robocop www
Article discussing the lack of effectiveness of a face recognition system installed in the London borough of Newham. Guardian: Robocop.
- "Is A Face in the Crowd www
"Is surveillance software turning police into Robocops?" By Julie Wakefield. Face in the Crowd. [Mother Jones] A Face in the Crowd.
- Research San José State University www
Research paper on receiver operating characteristic (ROC) testing of face recognition systems. San José State University.
- Paper Face Recognition using Mixture-Distance and Raw Images www
Paper abstract, Recognition using Mixture-Distance and Raw Images, various formats of full paper, and links to more resources. Face Recognition using Mixture-Distance and Raw Images.
- Research Rachid Deriche www
Research Director at INRIA (French National Institute for Research in Computer Science and Control). Rachid Deriche.
- Research Charless C. Fowlkes www
Research papers and software on statistical approaches to perceptual organization in low and mid-level vision. Fowlkes. Quantitative analysis of spatial gene expression patterns in biological development. Charless C. Fowlkes.
- FAQ Bioidentification www
FAQ covering basic information, Bioidentification, performance, implementation, and security. Bioidentification.
- Manufacturer AMAG Technology, Inc. www
Manufacturer of card and biometric access control systems, Technology, Inc., with distribution worldwide. Includes articles and descriptions of products. AMAG Technology, Inc..
- Alexa: Face Recognition Biometrics
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Face Recognition Biometrics
- DMOZ: Face Recognition Biometrics
dmoz.org Directory: Face Recognition Biometrics