From comp.software.config-mgmt FAQ: [Configuration management is] tracking and control of software development and its activities. That is, the management of software development projects with respect to issues such as multiple developers working on the same code at the same time, targetting multiple platforms, supporting multiple versions, and controlling the status of code (for example beta test versus real release). Configuration Management Software Computers.
Configuration management ( CM ) is a systems engineering process for establishing and maintaining consistency of a product's performance, functional, and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information throughout its life. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Configuration management is a systems engineering process for establishing and maintaining consistency of a product's performance, functional, and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information throughout its life.
- Configuration management Category
- Change detection - In statistical analysis, change detection or change point detection tries to identify times when the probability distribution of a stochastic process or time series changes.
- Granular Configuration Automation - Granular configuration automation is a specialized area in the field of configuration management which focuses on visibility and control of an IT environment's configuration and bill-of-material at the most granular level.
- Dependency - In a project network, a dependency is a link amongst a project's terminal elements.
- Interchangeable parts - Interchangeable parts are parts that are, for practical purposes, identical. They are made to specifications that ensure that they are so nearly identical that they will fit into any assembly of the same type. One such part can freely replace another, without any custom fitting.
- Infrastructure as Code - Infrastructure as code is the process of managing and provisioning computer data centers through machine-readable definition files, rather than physical hardware configuration or interactive configuration tools.
- Continuous configuration automation - Continuous configuration automation is the methodology or process of automating the deployment and configuration of settings and software for both physical and virtual data center equipment.
- Version control systems
- Method engineering
- Computer occupations
- Technical communication
- Configuration Management Frequently Asked Questions www
The official FAQ of Usenet newsgroup comp. Management Frequently Asked Questions.software.config-mgmt.
- This Bibliography on Software Configuration Management www
This bibliography is a part of the Computer Science Bibliography Collection. Bibliography on Software Configuration Management.
- A Configuration Management Resource Guide www
A directory of CM resources, Management Resource Guide, books, conferences and web links. Configuration Management Resource Guide.
- A CM Today www
A source for online daily configuration management news. CM Today.
- File SuperCool ZIP Backup www
File backup utility. ZIP Backup. It can store backup copies in the standard ZIP format with password protection. It supports inclusion and exclusion of files by wildcard mask as well as by exact file name. [Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP] SuperCool ZIP Backup.
- BackupOnDemand Caddais Software www
BackupOnDemand runs in the background and monitors important files for changes, Software, and within seconds, modified files are backed up to an archive location. Supported platforms Win95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP. Caddais Software.
- Web BUGtrack www
Web based defect tracking system. BUGtrack.
- Web-based FogBUGZ www
Web-based bug tracking system. FogBUGZ.
- Collection Software Configuration Management www
Collection of links related to software configuration management covering techniques, Configuration Management, tools, and books on related subjects. (Software Technologies Ltd.) Software Configuration Management.
- Tantara's Hotlist: Software process improvement, SQA www
Tantara's hotlist: software process improvement, Software process improvement, SQA, software quality assurance, and software configuration management. Hotlist: Software process improvement, SQA.
- A AccuRev www
A stream-based software configuration management solution for distributed software development environments includes source code management, AccuRev, change management, software defect and issue tracking. Server runs on Unix/Linux, NT/2000/XP. Client also runs on Windows 95/98/Me. AccuRev.
- Specialises IET www
Specialises in the development of software products to enhance the CA Gen development tool. IET.
- This RFC2518 www
This document specifies the Distributed Authoring Protocol, RFC2518, a set of headers and methods which extend the Hypertext Transfer Protocol to provide capabilities for overwrite prevention (locking), properties, and namespace management. RFC2518.
- Overview, IETF WEBDAV Working Group www
Overview, WEBDAV Working Group, mailing lists, draft documents, links to related working groups and to implementations. IETF WEBDAV Working Group.
- Alexa: Configuration Management Software
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Configuration Management Software
- DMOZ: Configuration Management Software
dmoz.org Directory: Configuration Management Software