From comp.software.config-mgmt FAQ: [Configuration management is] tracking and control of software development and its activities. That is, the management of software development projects with respect to issues such as multiple developers working on the same code at the same time, targetting multiple platforms, supporting multiple versions, and controlling the status of code (for example beta test versus real release). Configuration Management Software Computers.
Configuration management ( CM ) is a systems engineering process for establishing and maintaining consistency of a product's performance, functional, and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information throughout its life. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Configuration management is a systems engineering process for establishing and maintaining consistency of a product's performance, functional, and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information throughout its life.
- Configuration management Category
- Change detection - In statistical analysis, change detection or change point detection tries to identify times when the probability distribution of a stochastic process or time series changes.
- Granular Configuration Automation - Granular configuration automation is a specialized area in the field of configuration management which focuses on visibility and control of an IT environment's configuration and bill-of-material at the most granular level.
- Dependency - In a project network, a dependency is a link amongst a project's terminal elements.
- Interchangeable parts - Interchangeable parts are parts that are, for practical purposes, identical. They are made to specifications that ensure that they are so nearly identical that they will fit into any assembly of the same type. One such part can freely replace another, without any custom fitting.
- Infrastructure as Code - Infrastructure as code is the process of managing and provisioning computer data centers through machine-readable definition files, rather than physical hardware configuration or interactive configuration tools.
- Continuous configuration automation - Continuous configuration automation is the methodology or process of automating the deployment and configuration of settings and software for both physical and virtual data center equipment.
- Version control systems
- Method engineering
- Computer occupations
- Technical communication
- Configuration Management Frequently Asked Questions www
The official FAQ of Usenet newsgroup comp. Management Frequently Asked Questions.software.config-mgmt.
- A Configuration Management Resource Guide www
A directory of CM resources, Management Resource Guide, books, conferences and web links. Configuration Management Resource Guide.
- A CM Today www
A source for online daily configuration management news. CM Today.
- This Bibliography on Software Configuration Management www
This bibliography is a part of the Computer Science Bibliography Collection. Bibliography on Software Configuration Management.
- Publisher Sprite Software www
Publisher of Sprite Backup (for Pocket PC and SmartPhone), Software, and Sprite Clone (for imaging mobile devices). Sprite Software.
- Second Centered Systems www
Second Copy copies files and folders from one location to another on the same drive, Systems, another drive or across the network. Features include synchronization, compression and disk spanning. Support for removable drives. Centered Systems.
- Web-based Bugzero www
Web-based cross-platform bug tracking system supporting multiple projects, Bugzero, role-based access, automatic bug-assignment, file attachment, e-mail notification, metric reports and workflow. Bugzero.
- A ProblemTracker www
A Web-based tool for bug tracking, ProblemTracker, defect tracking, issue tracking, help desk, and automated support. By NetResults Corporation. ProblemTracker.
- A Software Configuration Management www
A small collection of links to SCM resources. Configuration Management. (R.S. Pressman and Associates) Software Configuration Management.
- Collection Software Configuration Management www
Collection of links related to software configuration management covering techniques, Configuration Management, tools, and books on related subjects. (Software Technologies Ltd.) Software Configuration Management.
- Utility Darcs www
Utility based on the author's "theory of patches" in which they are likened to operators in quantum mechanics. Darcs. Additionally, every copy of the source is a full repository. Written in Haskell and released under the GNU GPL. Darcs.
- Provides ZDS Corporation www
Provides tools, Corporation, scripts, and articles for use with search engines, Microsoft Sourcesafe, the Kintana / Mercury IT Governance suite, and ClearCase. ZDS Corporation.
- Overview, IETF WEBDAV Working Group www
Overview, WEBDAV Working Group, mailing lists, draft documents, links to related working groups and to implementations. IETF WEBDAV Working Group.
- This RFC2518 www
This document specifies the Distributed Authoring Protocol, RFC2518, a set of headers and methods which extend the Hypertext Transfer Protocol to provide capabilities for overwrite prevention (locking), properties, and namespace management. RFC2518.
- Alexa: Configuration Management Software
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Configuration Management Software
- DMOZ: Configuration Management Software
dmoz.org Directory: Configuration Management Software