An automated analysis of structured electronic data, such as in a data warehouse, which is intended to discover previously unrecognized patterns and relationships between data items. It differs from OLAP and other forms of query-driven data analysis in that patterns are determined by the system using statistical algorithms, thereby uncovering relationships for which the user hasn't developed a query. Human analysis of the statistical patterns is then required to determine the reasons for the emerging relationships. Data Mining Databases Software Computers.
The term is a misnomer, because the goal is the extraction of patterns and knowledge from large amounts of data, not the extraction ( mining ) of data itself. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Data mining is the process of discovering patterns in large data sets involving methods at the intersection of machine learning, statistics, and database systems. It is an essential process where intelligent methods are applied to extract data patterns. It is an interdisciplinary subfield of computer science. The overall goal of the data mining process is to extract information from a data set and transform it into an understandable structure for further use. Aside from the raw analysis step, it involves database and data management aspects, data pre-processing, model and inference considerations, interestingness metrics, complexity considerations, post-processing of discovered structures, visualization, and online updating. Data mining is the analysis step of the "knowledge discovery in databases" process, or KDD.
- Data mining Category
- International Journal of Data Warehousing and Mining - The International Journal of Data Warehousing and Mining is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal covering data warehousing and data mining. It was established in 2005 and is published by IGI Global. The editor-in-chief is David Taniar.
- Formal sciences
- Web-datamining.net Web-Datamining www
Web-datamining. Web-Datamining.net gather information and exchanges on Data Mining, Statistics and Knowledge Discovery, including publications, meetings and tools. In French and English Web-Datamining.
- Launched The Data Mine www
Launched in April 1994 to provide information about Data Mining (AKA Knowledge Discovery In Databases or KDD). Data Mine. A Twiki site full of guides, info, and links The Data Mine.
- A Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery www
A peer-reviewed journal publishing articles on all aspects of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (KDD) and data mining methods for extracting high-level representations (patterns and models) from data. Mining and Knowledge Discovery. Accepts submissions of original research or technical survey articles of related fields and techniques. Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery.
- In Estimating Campaign Benefits and Modeling Lift (Overheads) www
In assessing the potential of data mining based marketing campaigns one needs to estimate the payoff of applying modeling to the problem of predicting behavior of some target population. Campaign Benefits and Modeling Lift (Overheads). We present a methodology for initial cost/benefit analysis and present surprising empirical results, based on actual business data from several domains, on achievable model accuracy. Estimating Campaign Benefits and Modeling Lift (Overheads).
- Graphical Distribution Analysis module for PostgreSQL www
Graphical parameter distribution and function relations analysis software for PostgreSQL Distribution Analysis module for PostgreSQL.
- Article Data Mining on the Web www
Article by Dan Greening on data mining techniques applied to analyzing and making decisions from web data. Data Mining on the Web.
- Tim Digging Up Dollars with Data Mining - An Executive's Guide www
Tim Graettinger. Dollars with Data Mining - An Executive's Guide. Data mining creates information assets that an organization can leverage to achieve these strategic objectives. In this article, we address some of the key questions executives have about data mining. Digging Up Dollars with Data Mining - An Executive's Guide.
- Information Kurt Thearling: Data Mining and CRM www
Information on data mining and CRM technology. Thearling: Data Mining and CRM. Includes a list of reference books, together with articles and white papers. Kurt Thearling: Data Mining and CRM.
- Leads Abbott Analytics, Inc. www
Leads organizations through the process of applying and integrating data mining methods to marketing, Analytics, Inc., research and business endeavors. Abbott Analytics, Inc..
- Online Mobile Software, Inc. www
Online analytical processing and business intelligence systems. Mobile Software, Inc..
- Free, Opendedup www
Free, Opendedup, open source user space deduplication project released under the GNU GPL and designed to support the needs of virtual environments including the VMware, Xen, and KVM hypervisors. Opendedup.
- Provider Stalworth, Inc. www
Provider of data quality software for enterprises including solutions for CRM applications and data warehouse. Stalworth, Inc..
- Provider Axiom Software Laboratories, Inc. www
Provider of technology for enterprise and e-finance data management infrastructure as a platform for decision support applications. Axiom Software Laboratories, Inc..
- ETI Evolutionary Technologies International, Inc. www
ETI provides software solutions for automating data integration management, Technologies International, Inc., which includes implementing applications, building IT infrastructures, and developing data warehouses. Evolutionary Technologies International, Inc..
- International IDEAS www
International Database Engineering and Applications Symposium. IDEAS. Held each year since 1997. IDEAS.
- Regular Tutorial Days Data Mining www
Regular tutorial Days of Data Mining in Leipzig/Germany. Tutorial Days Data Mining.
- Software WiredMinds www
Software and services company in the area of Web site analytic and the controlling of web-based applications. WiredMinds.
- Includes Web Analytics Demystified www
Includes free book chapters about web analytics, Analytics Demystified, as well as a weblog about web analysis. Web Analytics Demystified.
- A Gowachin www
A competition on Grammatical Inference. Gowachin.
- How Machine Learning in Games www
How computers can learn to get better at playing games. Learning in Games. This site is for artificial intelligence researchers and intrepid game programmers. I describe game programs and their workings; they rely on heuristic search algorithms, neural networks, genetic algorithms, temporal differences, and other methods. Machine Learning in Games.
- Offers McObject www
Offers eXtremeDB, McObject, an in-memory and on-disk embedded database system for real-time and embedded applications; and Perst, an open source, object-oriented embedded database system for Java and .NET applications. McObject.
- Insyte Innovative Systems Techniques www
Insyte designs database management and decision support systems using Vision, Systems Techniques, our object-oriented database technology. Innovative Systems Techniques.
- Alexa: Data Mining Databases
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Data Mining Databases
- DMOZ: Data Mining Databases
dmoz.org Directory: Data Mining Databases