An automated analysis of structured electronic data, such as in a data warehouse, which is intended to discover previously unrecognized patterns and relationships between data items. It differs from OLAP and other forms of query-driven data analysis in that patterns are determined by the system using statistical algorithms, thereby uncovering relationships for which the user hasn't developed a query. Human analysis of the statistical patterns is then required to determine the reasons for the emerging relationships. Data Mining Databases Software Computers.
The term is a misnomer, because the goal is the extraction of patterns and knowledge from large amounts of data, not the extraction ( mining ) of data itself. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Data mining is the computing process of discovering patterns in large data sets involving methods at the intersection of machine learning, statistics, and database systems. It is an essential process where intelligent methods are applied to extract data patterns. It is an interdisciplinary subfield of computer science. The overall goal of the data mining process is to extract information from a data set and transform it into an understandable structure for further use. Aside from the raw analysis step, it involves database and data management aspects, data pre-processing, model and inference considerations, interestingness metrics, complexity considerations, post-processing of discovered structures, visualization, and online updating. Data mining is the analysis step of the "knowledge discovery in databases" process, or KDD.
- Data mining Category
- International Journal of Data Warehousing and Mining - The International Journal of Data Warehousing and Mining is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal covering data warehousing and data mining. It was established in 2005 and is published by IGI Global. The editor-in-chief is David Taniar.
- Formal sciences
- A Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery www
A peer-reviewed journal publishing articles on all aspects of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (KDD) and data mining methods for extracting high-level representations (patterns and models) from data. Mining and Knowledge Discovery. Accepts submissions of original research or technical survey articles of related fields and techniques. Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery.
- Tim Digging Up Dollars with Data Mining - An Executive's Guide www
Tim Graettinger. Dollars with Data Mining - An Executive's Guide. Data mining creates information assets that an organization can leverage to achieve these strategic objectives. In this article, we address some of the key questions executives have about data mining. Digging Up Dollars with Data Mining - An Executive's Guide.
- In Estimating Campaign Benefits and Modeling Lift (Overheads) www
In assessing the potential of data mining based marketing campaigns one needs to estimate the payoff of applying modeling to the problem of predicting behavior of some target population. Campaign Benefits and Modeling Lift (Overheads). We present a methodology for initial cost/benefit analysis and present surprising empirical results, based on actual business data from several domains, on achievable model accuracy. Estimating Campaign Benefits and Modeling Lift (Overheads).
- Launched The Data Mine www
Launched in April 1994 to provide information about Data Mining (AKA Knowledge Discovery In Databases or KDD). Data Mine. A Twiki site full of guides, info, and links The Data Mine.
- Article Data Mining on the Web www
Article by Dan Greening on data mining techniques applied to analyzing and making decisions from web data. Data Mining on the Web.
- Graphical Distribution Analysis module for PostgreSQL www
Graphical parameter distribution and function relations analysis software for PostgreSQL Distribution Analysis module for PostgreSQL.
- Web-datamining.net Web-Datamining www
Web-datamining. Web-Datamining.net gather information and exchanges on Data Mining, Statistics and Knowledge Discovery, including publications, meetings and tools. In French and English Web-Datamining.
- Information Kurt Thearling: Data Mining and CRM www
Information on data mining and CRM technology. Thearling: Data Mining and CRM. Includes a list of reference books, together with articles and white papers. Kurt Thearling: Data Mining and CRM.
- Fractal Fractal Analytics www
Fractal Analytics offers predictive analytics and scoring Solutions for financial services, Analytics, consumer products, retail and telecom sectors. Offices in New York, Singapore and Mumbai,but clients worldwide. Fractal Analytics.
- A Compumine www
A rules based data mining consultancy primarily for the pharmaceutical industry. Compumine. Located in Kista, Sweden. Compumine.
- Component The Software Company www
Component and standalone software for address verification, Software Company, validation, formatting, and standardization, as well as name formatting and gender coding. The Software Company.
- Windows AccuHash www
Windows utility for protecting the integrity and verifying the accuracy of data files using checksum algorithms. AccuHash.
- Specializes Kalido www
Specializes in active information management software including DIW, Kalido, a tool to create and maintain data warehouses and marts, and MDM, web-based master data management. Kalido.
- Provider Axiom Software Laboratories, Inc. www
Provider of technology for enterprise and e-finance data management infrastructure as a platform for decision support applications. Axiom Software Laboratories, Inc..
- Biennial International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Mining (MLDM) www
Biennial conference, Conference on Machine Learning and Data Mining (MLDM), held in Leipzig, Germany in July in odd-numbered years. Details of organising committee, information for participants, and tables of contents from previous proceedings. International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Mining (MLDM).
- Regular Tutorial Days Data Mining www
Regular tutorial Days of Data Mining in Leipzig/Germany. Tutorial Days Data Mining.
- Includes Web Analytics Demystified www
Includes free book chapters about web analytics, Analytics Demystified, as well as a weblog about web analysis. Web Analytics Demystified.
- Software WiredMinds www
Software and services company in the area of Web site analytic and the controlling of web-based applications. WiredMinds.
- Introduction k-means clustering tutorial www
Introduction to k-means clustering, clustering tutorial, a popular data mining and unsupervised learning algorithm. Free code, software, resources and examples are available for download. k-means clustering tutorial.
- Links Pattern Recognition on The Web www
Links to various pattern recognition and machine learning resources Pattern Recognition on The Web.
- Advanced Cardett Associates www
Advanced Query Tool is designed for database developers and DBAs with particular features for DB2, Associates, Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL Server. Cardett Associates.
- A Zoot Software www
A multiple database storage model and provides a browser-like interface. Software. Features a number of built-in databases. Zoot Software.
- Alexa: Data Mining Databases
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Data Mining Databases
- DMOZ: Data Mining Databases
dmoz.org Directory: Data Mining Databases