Document Management is a set of technologies for managing the "document life cycle," that is, it tracks, monitors, and allocates resources for the creation, use, revision, approval, retrieval, archival and disposal of documents. The term document used here loosely applies to any container of information, whether electronic or not, whether text or not, and whether business-critical or not. The Gartner Group defines document management as "a highly integrated set of middleware services that integrate library services, document manufacturing, and document interchange with critical business process applications around a client-server topology using open application interfaces. Document Management Software Computers.
A document management system ( DMS ) is a system (based on computer programs in the case of the management of digital documents) used to track, manage and store documents and reduce paper. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A document management system is a system used to track, manage and store documents and reduce paper. Most are capable of keeping a record of the various versions created and modified by different users. The term has some overlap with the concepts of content management systems. It is often viewed as a component of enterprise content management systems and related to digital asset management, document imaging, workflow systems and records management systems.
- Construction collaboration technology - Construction collaboration technology refers to software applications used to enable effective sharing of project-related information between geographically dispersed members of a construction project team, often through use of a web-based software as a service platform.
- Customer communications management - Customer Communications Management is software to enable companies to manage customer communications across a wide range of media including printed documents, email, web pages and text messages.
- Data proliferation - Data proliferation refers to the prodigious amount of data, structured and unstructured, that businesses and governments continue to generate at an unprecedented rate and the usability problems that result from attempting to store and manage that data.
- Document automation - Document automation is the design of systems and workflows that assist in the creation of electronic documents. These include logic-based systems that use segments of pre-existing text and/or data to assemble a new document.
- Documentation - Documentation is a set of documents provided on paper, or online, or on digital or analog media, such as audio tape or CDs. Examples are user guides, white papers, on-line help, quick-reference guides. It is becoming less common to see paper documentation.
- Enterprise content management - Enterprise content management extends the concept of content management by adding a time line for each content item and possibly enforcing processes for the creation, approval and distribution of them.
- Records management technology
- Document management systems
- Information technology management
- A AIIM International www
A global community for users and suppliers of enterprise content management. AIIM International.
- Covers Document Management Magazine www
Covers electronic document management, Management Magazine, drawing management, and workflow. Document Management Magazine.
- Coverage EDRMS Knowledgebase www
Coverage of software packages for Records Management and other facets of Information Management, Knowledgebase, including TRIM Context. EDRMS Knowledgebase.
- TotalCompliance ComplianceBridge Corp www
TotalCompliance software delivers document management for business-critical processes, Corp, including government regulatory compliance, human resources and training, safety and emergency preparedness, finance and accounting, and legal. ComplianceBridge Corp.
- Document eDocPlus www
Document management software, eDocPlus, supporting all known file types. eDocPlus.
- Reference Document Management Avenue www
Reference site offering news, Management Avenue, articles, reference library, vendor and product links. Document Management Avenue.
- A ECM Connection www
A resource site for enterprise content management news and solutions: white papers, Connection, case studies, products and suppliers ECM Connection.
- A How to Make a Documents Database www
A technical recipe on writing a document repository and search engine software using tools based on Linux. How to Make a Documents Database.
- Reinventing Transform Magazine www
Reinventing business with content and collaboration technologies. Transform Magazine.
- Design DoD 5015.2-STD www
Design Criteria Standard for Electronic Records Management Software Applications. DoD 5015.2-STD.
- Complete Premier Document Imaging Solutions www
Complete web-based document imaging solution for small businesses and government offices. Document Imaging Solutions. Store all your documents remotely and securely through the internet. Premier Document Imaging Solutions.
- Forms Business Forms Management Association www
Forms training and education for the global forms and information systems community. Business Forms Management Association.
- White ITpapers.com www
White papers on document management and related topics. ITpapers.com.
- Discusses Indexing Digital Documents www
Discusses various costs associated with indexing electronic documents and purpose of field-based and full-text indexing. Indexing Digital Documents.
- UK Document Manager Magazine www
UK based document management magazine. Document Manager Magazine.
- Showcases DMS EXPO Europe www
Showcases knowledge, EXPO Europe, information and document management solutions in Europe. DMS EXPO Europe.
- Offers SiteSuite Australasia Pty Ltd www
Offers a range of website management tools for business provides tools for any size business. SiteSuite Australasia Pty Ltd.
- Simplifying Runtime Technologies www
Simplifying the use of websites and related technologies to meet business communications and information management needs dynamically and without requiring in-depth technical knowledge or expertise. Runtime Technologies.
- A Ronsin Imaging Services, Inc. www
A 24-hour full service bureau specializing in the transfer of all microforms and paper to digital media. Ronsin Imaging Services, Inc..
- Snowbound Snowbound Software www
Snowbound Software provides imaging technologies such as SDKs, Software, Java Applets, Annotation/Redlining Components, Imaging Plug-Ins for Internet/Intranet, and image viewers. Snowbound Software.
- Product NuVentures LLC www
Product data management software for managing part numbers, LLC, BOMs, external documents and ECOs, increasing the efficiency of managing the complex web of engineering and manufacturing documents. NuVentures LLC.
- Product Configuration Data Services, Inc. www
Product lifecycle management software including configuration and change management, Data Services, Inc., file management, document management, and quality control. Configuration Data Services, Inc..
- Developer Shahrabani + Associates, LLC www
Developer of rePORTAL, Associates, LLC, a web-based report and document management tool for Crystal and FRx reports. Located in Moraga, California, United States. Shahrabani + Associates, LLC.
- Provides Hershey Systems www
Provides document management solutions to higher education. Hershey Systems.
- Business Applied Computer Services, Inc. www
Business Pro software provides solutions to process documentation, Computer Services, Inc., labor standards, work measurement, line balancing, estimating, quoting, ISO compliance, process planning and revision control needs for MRP and ERP systems. Applied Computer Services, Inc..
- Browser 3Tier Technology www
Browser based software for document management, Technology, ISO-9000, quality control, and process improvement. 3Tier Technology.
- Alexa: Document Management Software
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Document Management Software
- DMOZ: Document Management Software
dmoz.org Directory: Document Management Software