Document Management is a set of technologies for managing the "document life cycle," that is, it tracks, monitors, and allocates resources for the creation, use, revision, approval, retrieval, archival and disposal of documents. The term document used here loosely applies to any container of information, whether electronic or not, whether text or not, and whether business-critical or not. The Gartner Group defines document management as "a highly integrated set of middleware services that integrate library services, document manufacturing, and document interchange with critical business process applications around a client-server topology using open application interfaces. Document Management Software Computers.
A document management system ( DMS ) is a system (based on computer programs in the case of the management of digital documents) used to track, manage and store documents and reduce paper. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A document management system is a system used to track, manage and store documents and reduce paper. Most are capable of keeping a record of the various versions created and modified by different users. The term has some overlap with the concepts of content management systems. It is often viewed as a component of enterprise content management systems and related to digital asset management, document imaging, workflow systems and records management systems.
- Construction collaboration technology - Construction collaboration technology refers to software applications used to enable effective sharing of project-related information between geographically dispersed members of a construction project team, often through use of a web-based software as a service platform.
- Customer communications management - Customer Communications Management is software to enable companies to manage customer communications across a wide range of media including printed documents, email, web pages and text messages.
- Data proliferation - Data proliferation refers to the prodigious amount of data, structured and unstructured, that businesses and governments continue to generate at an unprecedented rate and the usability problems that result from attempting to store and manage that data.
- Document automation - Document automation is the design of systems and workflows that assist in the creation of electronic documents. These include logic-based systems that use segments of pre-existing text and/or data to assemble a new document.
- Documentation - Documentation is a set of documents provided on paper, or online, or on digital or analog media, such as audio tape or CDs. Examples are user guides, white papers, on-line help, quick-reference guides. It is becoming less common to see paper documentation.
- Enterprise content management - Enterprise content management extends the concept of content management by adding a time line for each content item and possibly enforcing processes for the creation, approval and distribution of them.
- Records management technology
- Document management systems
- Information technology management
- Complete Premier Document Imaging Solutions www
Complete web-based document imaging solution for small businesses and government offices. Document Imaging Solutions. Store all your documents remotely and securely through the internet. Premier Document Imaging Solutions.
- White ITpapers.com www
White papers on document management and related topics. ITpapers.com.
- Reference Document Management Avenue www
Reference site offering news, Management Avenue, articles, reference library, vendor and product links. Document Management Avenue.
- Coverage EDRMS Knowledgebase www
Coverage of software packages for Records Management and other facets of Information Management, Knowledgebase, including TRIM Context. EDRMS Knowledgebase.
- Reinventing Transform Magazine www
Reinventing business with content and collaboration technologies. Transform Magazine.
- Document eDocPlus www
Document management software, eDocPlus, supporting all known file types. eDocPlus.
- Design DoD 5015.2-STD www
Design Criteria Standard for Electronic Records Management Software Applications. DoD 5015.2-STD.
- A How to Make a Documents Database www
A technical recipe on writing a document repository and search engine software using tools based on Linux. How to Make a Documents Database.
- TotalCompliance ComplianceBridge Corp www
TotalCompliance software delivers document management for business-critical processes, Corp, including government regulatory compliance, human resources and training, safety and emergency preparedness, finance and accounting, and legal. ComplianceBridge Corp.
- A ECM Connection www
A resource site for enterprise content management news and solutions: white papers, Connection, case studies, products and suppliers ECM Connection.
- Forms Business Forms Management Association www
Forms training and education for the global forms and information systems community. Business Forms Management Association.
- Showcases DMS EXPO Europe www
Showcases knowledge, EXPO Europe, information and document management solutions in Europe. DMS EXPO Europe.
- Discusses Indexing Digital Documents www
Discusses various costs associated with indexing electronic documents and purpose of field-based and full-text indexing. Indexing Digital Documents.
- Covers Document Management Magazine www
Covers electronic document management, Management Magazine, drawing management, and workflow. Document Management Magazine.
- A AIIM International www
A global community for users and suppliers of enterprise content management. AIIM International.
- UK Document Manager Magazine www
UK based document management magazine. Document Manager Magazine.
- High-end, EasyConsole www
High-end, EasyConsole, browser-based, scalable, flexible system based on Microsoft and Macromedia web technologies - Windows 2000 Server and Internet Information Services (IIS) 5.0 and ColdFusion MX Server. Unlimited security groups, data caching, IP range filtering. EasyConsole.
- Open-Source Wyona CMS www
Open-Source Content Management and Publishing System written in 100% pure Java. CMS. Based on open standards such as XML and XSLT, one of its core components is Cocoon from the Apache Software Foundation. Wyona CMS.
- Document Allan Webb Ltd www
Document Scanning conversion to any format, Webb Ltd, document scanning and capture, electronic storage, paper archive, legacy conversion, document to CD conversion, Internet and the production of technical publications. Procurement to UK MOD and engineering industry. Allan Webb Ltd.
- Specialists Paper Solutions Inc. www
Specialists in electronic filing systems for businesses of any size. Solutions Inc.. Office in Westchester, Illinois. Paper Solutions Inc..
- Specializing SofTech, Inc. www
Specializing in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Software Solutions, Inc., ProductCenter PLM integrates with many CAD programs. SofTech, Inc..
- Enterprise Aras Corporation www
Enterprise PLM software for product development, Corporation, quality compliance, and other business processes. Aras software manages product documention, parts and bills of materials, engineering change workflow, and electronic files. Aras Corporation.
- Open-source Apache Jackrabbit www
Open-source content repository for Java. Jackrabbit. Project details, documentation, download, and developer information. Apache Jackrabbit.
- Develop Advanced Software Concepts www
Develop tailored contract lifecycle management solutions to automate and simplify processes that generate or that are governed by legal agreements. Advanced Software Concepts.
- Formula Advanced Software Designs www
Formula management module that streamlines product development. Software Designs. Other modules includes regulatory compliance (MSDS/labeling), lab analysis, nutrition labeling, nutrition database. Advanced Software Designs.
- Business Applied Computer Services, Inc. www
Business Pro software provides solutions to process documentation, Computer Services, Inc., labor standards, work measurement, line balancing, estimating, quoting, ISO compliance, process planning and revision control needs for MRP and ERP systems. Applied Computer Services, Inc..
- Alexa: Document Management Software
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Document Management Software
- DMOZ: Document Management Software
dmoz.org Directory: Document Management Software