Open Firmware (O-F) is processor and system independent boot code (firmware), IEEE 1275-1994 standard, written in Forth, field proven. Open Firmware BIOS Operating Systems Software Computers.
Open Firmware, or OpenBoot in Sun Microsystems parlance, is a standard defining the interfaces of a computer firmware system, formerly endorsed by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Open Firmware, or OpenBoot in Sun Microsystems parlance, is a standard defining the interfaces of a computer firmware system, formerly endorsed by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. It originated at Sun, and has been used by Sun, Apple, IBM, ARM and most other non-x86 PCI chipset vendors. Open Firmware allows the system to load platform-independent drivers directly from the PCI card, improving compatibility.
- Advanced Configuration and Power Interface - In a computer, the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface provides an open standard that operating systems can use to discover and configure computer hardware components, to perform power management by putting unused components to sleep, and to perform status monitoring.
- ARMboot - Das U-Boot is an open source, primary boot loader used in embedded devices to package the instructions to boot the device's operating system kernel. It is available for a number of computer architectures, including 68k, ARM, Blackfin, MicroBlaze, MIPS, Nios, SuperH, PPC, RISC-V and x86.
- BIOS - For IBM PC compatible computers, BIOS is non-volatile firmware used to perform hardware initialization during the booting process, and to provide runtime services for operating systems and programs.
- Extensible Firmware Interface - The Unified Extensible Firmware Interface is a specification that defines a software interface between an operating system and platform firmware.
- Input/output base address - In the x86 architecture, an input/output base address is the first address of a range of consecutive read/write addresses that a device uses on the x86's IO bus. This base address is sometimes called an I/O port.
- OpenBIOS - OpenBIOS is a project aiming to provide free and open source implementations of Open Firmware. It is also the name of such an implementation.
- Forth programming language family
- Macintosh firmware
- Open-source hardware
- Brief OpenFirmware.org www
Brief description, OpenFirmware.org, links to software and system makers. OpenFirmware.org.
- O-F FirmWorks www
O-F products, FirmWorks, services, documentation, training. Invented the technology, and lead development of the IEEE 1275-1994 standard. Field proven, written in Forth. FirmWorks.
- A OpenBIOS www
A project aiming to provide free and open source implementations of Open Firmware. OpenBIOS. Includes news, documentation and resources for developers. OpenBIOS.
- O-F What is Open Firmware? www
O-F is done in Forth. Open Firmware?. What is Open Firmware?.
- Makes CodeGen, Inc. www
Makes SmartFirmware, Inc., a portable, easily customized ANSI C implementation of IEEE-1275 Open Firmware standard. Designed to be very easy and fast to port. Demonstration version download. CodeGen, Inc..
- Growing Open Firmware www
Growing article, Firmware, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. Open Firmware.
- Resources Forth in Java Programming www
Resources for using Forth in a Java world. Forth in Java Programming.
- Annotated Forth Research Page www
Annotated links on research, Research Page, conferences, workshops, bibliography (500+ entries), ANS Forth, and commercial vendors. Large resource. Forth Research Page.
- How-to BIOS Setup Information Guide www
How-to guides, Setup Information Guide, general information, upgrades, identifying motherboards, links! BIOS Setup Information Guide.
- Open SeaBIOS www
Open source implementation of a 16bit X86 BIOS which can run in an emulator or with the use of coreboot. SeaBIOS. Download links, mailing-list. SeaBIOS.
- Alexa: Open Firmware BIOS
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Open Firmware BIOS
- DMOZ: Open Firmware BIOS
dmoz.org Directory: Open Firmware BIOS