This section is for only websites and pages cataloging operating systems (OSs), and related resources, via alphabetical or otherwise classified lists of resources, with no, or brief descriptions. For classified lists with more than brief descriptions, see Computers-Software-Operating_Systems-Guides. Directories Operating Systems Software Computers.
- Telephone directory A listing of telephone subscribers in a geographical area or subscribers to services provided by...
- Business directory A website or printed listing of information which lists businesses within niche based categories.
- Web directory An online list or catalog of websites.
- Directory (computing) A file system cataloging structure which contains references to other computer files, and...
- Directory (OpenVMS command) In computer software, specifically the command line interface of the OpenVMS operating system...
- Directory service In computing, directory service or name service maps the names of network resources to their...
- Directory (political) A country ruled by a college of several people who jointly exercise the powers of a head of state...
- French Directory A five-member committee which governed France from 1795, when it replaced the Committee of Public...
- Director Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Director'.
- Loosely Paul Hsieh OS Page www
Loosely categorized list of about 100 links to developer resources for creating OSs, Hsieh OS Page, emulators, alternative OSs. Paul Hsieh OS Page.
- A Alternative OSs on the Net www
A list of operating systems and OS link sites. Alternative OSs on the Net.
- Some Microcomputer Operating Systems www
Some 70 OSs that run on microcomputers, Operating Systems, PCs. User interfaces in earlier systems are command-line, character-oriented; later systems are mostly GUI-based. List, with brief descriptions, no links. From West Virginia University. Microcomputer Operating Systems.
- Classified, A Catalog of Operating Systems www
Classified, Catalog of Operating Systems, alphabetic listing of most operating systems, past and present, distributed commercially or reported in English-language literature, platform oriented. From Computer Science 258, West Virginia University. A Catalog of Operating Systems.
- Alphabetized Open Source Ring www
Alphabetized list of many links, Source Ring, OSs, projects. Open Source Ring.
- Describes Programming Languages www
Describes major classes of languages, Languages, major languages within those classes, and many helpful links. Programming Languages.
- Chronological Wouter's Programming Language Page www
Chronological historical overview of all languages author has designed, Programming Language Page, and sometimes implemented, over the years. Some of them (E, False, Bla, Aardappel, SHEEP) have own pages. Descriptions, some code samples, a few images. Wouter's Programming Language Page.
- Many Programming Pages www
Many programming language links, Pages, ranked by popularity. Visitors can vote for sites, and add sites or even add new languages. Programming Pages.
- Reference Software Technologies www
Reference info on: Java, Technologies, C++, Design Patterns, CORBA, Transaction Processing, Databases, Client/Server and Internet and Web technologies. Software Technologies.
- Resource Computer Software and Computers www
Resource for news, Software and Computers, events, books and jobs. Computer Software and Computers.
- A Tantara: Hotlist for SPI and SQA www
A link collection related to software process improvement and software quality assurance. Tantara: Hotlist for SPI and SQA.
- A Software Engineering Resources: R. S. Pressman and Associates www
A large collection of online and offline resources related to software engineering. Software Engineering Resources: R. S. Pressman and Associates.
- Wide Tzalist Software Directory www
Wide range of software applications, Software Directory, drivers, games, photo editing, and palm software. Tzalist Software Directory.
- Freeware PadRing www
Freeware and shareware archive that enables authors to link PAD files to each other. PadRing.
- Features Little Igloo www
Features news, Igloo, free software, and a Linux museum. Little Igloo.
- Links Chakie www
Links to projects, Chakie, Linux and programming FAQs, and programming sites. Chakie.
- Growing Operating System www
Growing article, System, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. Operating System.
- Unbiased How Stuff Works: Operating Systems www
Unbiased enlightening tutorial with impartial description of how OSs work, Stuff Works: Operating Systems, and many related links. How Stuff Works: Operating Systems.
- Alexa: Directories Operating Systems
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Directories Operating Systems
- DMOZ: Directories Operating Systems
dmoz.org Directory: Directories Operating Systems