This section holds links for operating systems (OSs) based on, or which use heavily, functional programming and languages, and related topics, for which this is the main rationale. Functional Operating Systems Software Computers.
- Lisp (Programming)
- ML (Programming)
- Functional programming A programming paradigm-a style of building the structure and elements of computer programs?that...
- Functional group In organic chemistry, functional groups are specific groups of atoms or bonds within molecules...
- Functional analysis A branch of mathematical analysis, the core of which is formed by the study of vector spaces...
- Functionalism (architecture) The principle that architects should design a building based on the purpose of that building.
- Functional symptom A medical symptom in an individual which is very broadly conceived as arising from a problem in...
- functional disorder A medical condition that impairs the normal function of a bodily process, but where every part of...
- Functional classification The class or group of roads to which the road belongs.
- Functional organization A type of organizational structure that uses the principle of specialization based on function or...
- Functional training A classification of exercise which involves training the body for the activities performed in...
- Functional (mathematics) In mathematics, the term functional has at least two meanings.
- Functional design A paradigm used to simplify the design of hardware and software devices such as computer software...
- Table Message-based Functional Operating Systems www
Table of contents, Functional Operating Systems, citations, related indexes. ACM Portal. Message-based Functional Operating Systems.
- Table An Approach to Functional Operating Systems www
Table of contents, Approach to Functional Operating Systems, citations, related indexes. ACM Portal. An Approach to Functional Operating Systems.
- Growing Erlang Programming Language www
Growing article, Programming Language, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia] Erlang Programming Language.
- Commercial Ericsson Erlang/OTP www
- Encyclopdia Wikipedia: Functional Programming www
Encyclopdia article including a definition, Functional Programming, comparison, history, and examples. Wikipedia: Functional Programming.
- Functional, Charity www
Functional, Charity, categorical language, by University of Calgary, Canada. Innovative organization: based on theory of strong categorical datatypes divided into 2 subclasses: inductive (built up by constructors in the familiar way), and coinductive (broken down by destructors). Charity.
- Haskell House www
Haskell User's Operating System and Environment, House, demo of software, runs standalone; can be a platform to explore ideas in low- and system-level programming in high-level functional languages. Based on hOp Haskell, a variant of GHC Haskell. House.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: House Operating System www
Encyclopedia article, House Operating System, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia: House Operating System.
- The Crush/BRiX: An Experimental Language/OS Pair www
Crush/BRiX: An Experimental Language/OS Pair.
- Fast, BRiX: Advanced Computing Environment www
Fast, Advanced Computing Environment, no-kernel, single address space, data-centric, preemptive multithreaded, persistent, secure, multi-user operating system, with Crush function-based programming safe-language. Some code available. [Open Source, Artistic] BRiX: Advanced Computing Environment.
- Brief Thoughts-on-a-LispOS www
Brief description, Thoughts-on-a-LispOS, with careful wish list outline; wiki. Thoughts-on-a-LispOS.
- OS Fox Project www
OS based on ML language. Project. Goals: advance art of programming language design and implementation, while applying principles of programming languages to advance art of systems building. Project work: theoretical studies of languages and their traits, developing new compiler and run-time technology, empirical studies of applying advanced language techniques to real-world programming problems, more so in areas of high-performance networks and OSs. Fox Project.
- Statistics Internet Operating System Counter www
Statistics on Internet OS use, Operating System Counter, WWW, FTP, and News servers. Over 940,000 hosts checked in this 1999 survey. Internet Operating System Counter.
- The Convergence International www
The non-Wintel user group, International, supporting Acorn, Amiga, Apple, ARM, Be, NCs, PowerPC, Psion, Unix and other alternative operating systems. Services include a non-Wintel news summary. Convergence International.
- Alexa: Functional Operating Systems
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Functional Operating Systems
- DMOZ: Functional Operating Systems
dmoz.org Directory: Functional Operating Systems