This section holds links for operating systems (OSs) based on, or which use heavily, functional programming and languages, and related topics, for which this is the main rationale. Functional Operating Systems Software Computers.
- Lisp (Programming)
- ML (Programming)
- Functional programming A programming paradigm-a style of building the structure and elements of computer programs?that...
- Functional group In organic chemistry, functional groups are specific groups of atoms or bonds within molecules...
- Functional analysis A branch of mathematical analysis, the core of which is formed by the study of vector spaces...
- Functionalism (architecture) The principle that architects should design a building based on the purpose of that building.
- Functional symptom A medical symptom in an individual which is very broadly conceived as arising from a problem in...
- functional disorder A medical condition that impairs the normal function of a bodily process, but where every part of...
- Functional classification The class or group of roads to which the road belongs.
- Functional organization A type of organizational structure that uses the principle of specialization based on function or...
- Functional training A classification of exercise which involves training the body for the activities performed in...
- Functional (mathematics) In mathematics, the term functional has at least two meanings.
- Functional design A paradigm used to simplify the design of hardware and software devices such as computer software...
- Table An Approach to Functional Operating Systems www
Table of contents, Approach to Functional Operating Systems, citations, related indexes. ACM Portal. An Approach to Functional Operating Systems.
- Table Message-based Functional Operating Systems www
Table of contents, Functional Operating Systems, citations, related indexes. ACM Portal. Message-based Functional Operating Systems.
- Growing Erlang Programming Language www
Growing article, Programming Language, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia] Erlang Programming Language.
- Erlang, Erlang: The Movie www
Erlang, The Movie, as they tried to market it in an internal video from 1993. Erlang: The Movie.
- Parallel NESL: A Parallel Programming Language www
Parallel functional language developed at Carnegie Mellon, Parallel Programming Language, SCandAL project. Most important new ideas: nested data parallelism, language based performance model. NESL: A Parallel Programming Language.
- Claus Functional Programming www
Claus Reinke's , Programming, well organized bookmarks on FP. Functional Programming.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: House Operating System www
Encyclopedia article, House Operating System, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia: House Operating System.
- Haskell House www
Haskell User's Operating System and Environment, House, demo of software, runs standalone; can be a platform to explore ideas in low- and system-level programming in high-level functional languages. Based on hOp Haskell, a variant of GHC Haskell. House.
- Research Choices Object-Oriented Operating System www
Research OS coded in C++, Object-Oriented Operating System, architecture organized as frameworks of objects hierarchically classed by function, performance; customized by replacing subframeworks, objects; application interface is kernel objects exported via application/kernel protection layer; kernel and application objects examined via application browsers; runs on bare hardware on distributed and parallel computers. Virtual Choices (VChoices) also runs under Unix System V. Choices Object-Oriented Operating System.
- Fast, BRiX: Advanced Computing Environment www
Fast, Advanced Computing Environment, no-kernel, single address space, data-centric, preemptive multithreaded, persistent, secure, multi-user operating system, with Crush function-based programming safe-language. Some code available. [Open Source, Artistic] BRiX: Advanced Computing Environment.
- Brief Thoughts-on-a-LispOS www
Brief description, Thoughts-on-a-LispOS, with careful wish list outline; wiki. Thoughts-on-a-LispOS.
- OS Fox Project www
OS based on ML language. Project. Goals: advance art of programming language design and implementation, while applying principles of programming languages to advance art of systems building. Project work: theoretical studies of languages and their traits, developing new compiler and run-time technology, empirical studies of applying advanced language techniques to real-world programming problems, more so in areas of high-performance networks and OSs. Fox Project.
- Weblog OSNews: Exploring the Future of Computing www
Weblog style online magazine on operating systems and computing environments. Exploring the Future of Computing. Daily updates, reader forum with many comments. OSNews: Exploring the Future of Computing.
- Unbiased How Stuff Works: Operating Systems www
Unbiased enlightening tutorial with impartial description of how OSs work, Stuff Works: Operating Systems, and many related links. How Stuff Works: Operating Systems.
- Alexa: Functional Operating Systems
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Functional Operating Systems
- DMOZ: Functional Operating Systems
dmoz.org Directory: Functional Operating Systems