Mac OS X is Apple's next-generation operating system based on BSD Unix, and Mach OS. It was released in 2001. Mac OS X System Software Mac OS Operating Systems Software Computers.
macOS (previously OS X ) is a series of Unix-based graphical interface operating systems (OS) developed and marketed by Apple Inc. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: macOS is a series of graphical operating systems developed and marketed by Apple Inc. since 2001. It is the primary operating system for Apple's Mac family of computers. Within the market of desktop, laptop and home computers, and by web usage, it is the second most widely used desktop OS, after Microsoft Windows.
- macOS Category
- Macintosh operating systems - The family of Macintosh operating systems developed by Apple Inc. includes the graphical user interface-based operating systems it has designed for use with its Macintosh series of personal computers since 1984, as well as the related system software it once created for compatible third-party...
- Classic Mac OS (1984?2001).
- Dock (macOS) - The Dock is a prominent feature of the graphical user interface of the macOS operating system. It is used to launch applications and to switch between running applications. The Dock is also a prominent feature of macOS's predecessor NeXTSTEP and OpenStep operating systems.
- Apple Inc. operating systems
- Mach (kernel)
- Mac OS
- Apple Inc. software
- Apple Developer Connection: Mac OS X www
Apple's developer resource for Mac OS X. Developer Connection: Mac OS X. Contains guidelines, tutorials and API information for new OS X developers. Most documentation is available in HTML or PDF format.
- Apple Developer Connection www
Provides news and technical information for Apple Developers. Developer Connection.
- The Apple: Mac OS X www
The Apple Mac OS X product page. Mac OS X. Describes features in the current version of Mac OS X, a screenshot gallery, latest software downloads, and a directory of resources. Apple: Mac OS X.
- Collection High Performance Computing on Mac OS X www
Collection of tools and information for scientific computation on Mac OS X including Fortran (g77, Performance Computing on Mac OS X, g95, HPF), MPI, OpenMP, Cactus, Globus, and RNPL among others. High Performance Computing on Mac OS X.
- The Mac OS X Speed FAQ www
The speed of the operating system is controlled by several factors. X Speed FAQ. Offers a list and discussion of each. Mac OS X Speed FAQ.
- News Stepwise www
News stories, Stepwise, tutorials, resources for Objective-C programmers using, or wanting to learn more about, Mac OS X's Cocoa environment. Also covers OpenStep and Web Objects programming. Stepwise.
- Features HyperJeff's OS X Page www
Features a large list of native OS X software, X Page, and essays on software installation. HyperJeff's OS X Page.
- Rootless Modified Oroborus for Mac OS X www
Rootless window server to run Linux applications. Oroborus for Mac OS X. Includes downloads, version history, and screenshots. Modified Oroborus for Mac OS X.
- Directory Mac OS X - Downloads www
Directory of freeware, X - Downloads, shareware, and commercial software available for download or purchase. Mac OS X - Downloads.
- Allows OS X for Legacy Macs www
Allows the installation of Mac OS X and Darwin on unsupported Macs including the 7300 through 9600 from an unmodified Install CD. for Legacy Macs. Includes a tech support forum and FAQ. OS X for Legacy Macs.
- A Versiontracker Software Updates www
A daily list of updates for Mac OS X software. Versiontracker Software Updates.
- Directory MacUpdate OSX Software & Games www
Directory of OSX freeware, OSX Software & Games, shareware and commercial products. MacUpdate OSX Software & Games.
- Tips Max OSX Guru www
Tips for tuning and running Darwin and Apple's OSX. Max OSX Guru.
- (Formerly MacEnterprise.org www
(Formerly macosxlabs. MacEnterprise.org.org) A community of IT professionals sharing information and solutions to support Macs in an enterprise. MacEnterprise.org.
- Security Mac OS X Security www
Security issues and advisories. X Security. Locate security vulnerability and published hack reports for the new operating system. Mac OS X Security.
- Annual BSDCan www
Annual BSD technical conference; since 2004, BSDCan, held every May; University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. BSDCan.
- Description, GreasyDaemon.com: Your Guide to BSD Unix www
Description, Your Guide to BSD Unix, links and search engine to find information related to BSD Unix: FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD. GreasyDaemon.com: Your Guide to BSD Unix.
- A The Challenges of Integrating the Unix and Mac OS Environments www
A paper on the design issues Apple faced when they ported the Mac OS to a semantically different Unix base (Darwin). The Challenges of Integrating the Unix and Mac OS Environments.
- A The GNU-Darwin Distribution www
A Unix distribution which focuses on the porting of free software to Darwin and Mac OS X. The GNU-Darwin Distribution.
- A CocoaDev www
A community based Cocoa programming site with content submitted by programmers. CocoaDev. Includes tutorials, code, and discussions. CocoaDev.
- A GNUstep Project www
A project devoted to providing an object oriented application framework to developers. GNUstep Project.
- A Mac OS X Hints www
A community-built site of hints and tips on using Apple's new Mac OS X operating system. Mac OS X Hints.
- Articles Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger: Developer Overview www
Articles highlighting some of the new technologies in Tiger and shows what they will mean for developers. Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger: Developer Overview.
- Growing FreeBSD www
Growing article, FreeBSD, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia] FreeBSD.
- Documenting FreeBSD VuXML www
Documenting security issues in FreeBSD and the FreeBSD Ports Collection. FreeBSD VuXML.
- Alexa: Mac OS X System Software
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Mac OS X System Software
- DMOZ: Mac OS X System Software
dmoz.org Directory: Mac OS X System Software