Mac OS X is Apple's next-generation operating system based on BSD Unix, and Mach OS. It was released in 2001. Mac OS X System Software Mac OS Operating Systems Software Computers.
macOS (previously OS X ) is a series of Unix-based graphical interface operating systems (OS) developed and marketed by Apple Inc. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: macOS is a series of graphical operating systems developed and marketed by Apple Inc. since 2001. It is the primary operating system for Apple's Mac family of computers. Within the market of desktop, laptop and home computers, and by web usage, it is the second most widely used desktop OS, after Microsoft Windows.
- macOS Category
- Macintosh operating systems - The family of Macintosh operating systems developed by Apple Inc. includes the graphical user interface-based operating systems it has designed for use with its Macintosh series of personal computers since 1984, as well as the related system software it once created for compatible third-party...
- Classic Mac OS (1984?2001).
- Dock (macOS) - The Dock is a prominent feature of the graphical user interface of the macOS operating system. It is used to launch applications and to switch between running applications. The Dock is also a prominent feature of macOS's predecessor NeXTSTEP and OpenStep operating systems.
- Apple Inc. operating systems
- Mach (kernel)
- Mac OS
- Apple Inc. software
- The FreeBSD Diary www
The FreeBSD Diary is a collection of step-by-step how-to entries aimed at UNIX novices. FreeBSD Diary.
- Directory Mac OS X - Downloads www
Directory of freeware, X - Downloads, shareware, and commercial software available for download or purchase. Mac OS X - Downloads.
- Security Mac OS X Security www
Security issues and advisories. X Security. Locate security vulnerability and published hack reports for the new operating system. Mac OS X Security.
- News Stepwise www
News stories, Stepwise, tutorials, resources for Objective-C programmers using, or wanting to learn more about, Mac OS X's Cocoa environment. Also covers OpenStep and Web Objects programming. Stepwise.
- The Mac OS X Speed FAQ www
The speed of the operating system is controlled by several factors. X Speed FAQ. Offers a list and discussion of each. Mac OS X Speed FAQ.
- Tips Max OSX Guru www
Tips for tuning and running Darwin and Apple's OSX. Max OSX Guru.
- (Formerly MacEnterprise.org www
(Formerly macosxlabs. MacEnterprise.org.org) A community of IT professionals sharing information and solutions to support Macs in an enterprise. MacEnterprise.org.
- Rootless Modified Oroborus for Mac OS X www
Rootless window server to run Linux applications. Oroborus for Mac OS X. Includes downloads, version history, and screenshots. Modified Oroborus for Mac OS X.
- The Apple: Mac OS X www
The Apple Mac OS X product page. Mac OS X. Describes features in the current version of Mac OS X, a screenshot gallery, latest software downloads, and a directory of resources. Apple: Mac OS X.
- Collection High Performance Computing on Mac OS X www
Collection of tools and information for scientific computation on Mac OS X including Fortran (g77, Performance Computing on Mac OS X, g95, HPF), MPI, OpenMP, Cactus, Globus, and RNPL among others. High Performance Computing on Mac OS X.
- Allows OS X for Legacy Macs www
Allows the installation of Mac OS X and Darwin on unsupported Macs including the 7300 through 9600 from an unmodified Install CD. for Legacy Macs. Includes a tech support forum and FAQ. OS X for Legacy Macs.
- Features HyperJeff's OS X Page www
Features a large list of native OS X software, X Page, and essays on software installation. HyperJeff's OS X Page.
- Directory MacUpdate OSX Software & Games www
Directory of OSX freeware, OSX Software & Games, shareware and commercial products. MacUpdate OSX Software & Games.
- A Versiontracker Software Updates www
A daily list of updates for Mac OS X software. Versiontracker Software Updates.
- BSD BSDnewsletter.com www
BSD news, BSDnewsletter.com, original articles, summaries and links to outside articles; tutorials, information. BSDnewsletter.com.
- Annual BSDCan www
Annual BSD technical conference; since 2004, BSDCan, held every May; University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. BSDCan.
- The Hexley the Platypus www
The mascot of the Darwin OS. Hexley the Platypus.
- A The Challenges of Integrating the Unix and Mac OS Environments www
A paper on the design issues Apple faced when they ported the Mac OS to a semantically different Unix base (Darwin). The Challenges of Integrating the Unix and Mac OS Environments.
- Open OmniGroup Source Code and Frameworks www
Open Source frameworks and source code from OmniGroup that extend and enhance Apple's Cocoa APIs, Source Code and Frameworks, simplifying the addition of common features such as find and replace and preference management. OmniGroup also provides advanced networking and HTML parsing frameworks. OmniGroup Source Code and Frameworks.
- Tips, Cocoa Dev Central www
Tips, Dev Central, tricks, and tutorials for the novice Cocoa developer. Cocoa Dev Central.
- Gateway Mac OS 8 and 9 Developer Documentation www
Gateway to Apple's documentation for programming Mac OS 8 and 9, 8 and 9 Developer Documentation, including Carbon development. Mac OS 8 and 9 Developer Documentation.
- "The MacHack www
"The Annual Conference for Leading Edge Developers"; a multi-day round-the-clock ritual involving gallons of soda, MacHack, heinous hacks, and lots of camaraderie. Not to be missed! MacHack.
- Provides Macosx.com www
Provides one-to-one technical mac support using volunteer techs along with a large forum community. Macosx.com.
- Resources Things Unix www
Resources for users of Mac OS X, Unix, including tips, technical support, e-mail lists, links, to software, and scripting resources. Things Unix.
- Information Fresh Ports www
Information about new or updated FreeBSD ports before becoming generally available at the official FreeBSD ports site. Fresh Ports.
- Alexa: Mac OS X System Software
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Mac OS X System Software
- DMOZ: Mac OS X System Software
dmoz.org Directory: Mac OS X System Software