Mainframe computers are large systems that usually completely fill one or more rooms. Older makers: Burroughs, Honeywell, IBM, Sperry, Univac. Current makers: Unisys; of IBM compatible mainframes: Fujitsu Ltd., its US subsidiary Amdahl, Hitachi Ltd., IBM. IBM now dominates this market. Most other makers have been merged out of existence. Sperry and Univac merged into Sperry-Univac in 1955. Burroughs and Sperry merged into Unisys in 1986. Mainframe Operating Systems Software Computers.
Mainframe computers (colloquially referred to as " big iron " ) are computers used primarily by large organizations for critical applications, bulk data processing, such as census, industry and consumer statistics, enterprise resource planning, and transaction processing . (wikipedia)
- Mainframe computer Mainframe computers are computers used primarily by large organizations for critical applications...
- Mainframe (G.I. Joe) A fictional character from the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero toyline, comic books and cartoon...
- Mainframe Entertainment Rainmaker Entertainment, Inc. is a Canadian computer animation and design company based in...
- Mainframe (comics) A fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics.
- Mainframe (Transformers) A sub-line of the Transformers toy franchise, first released in 1990, with a wave of new releases...
- Although Mainstar Software: Resources www
Although focused on z/OS storage management, Software: Resources, many of the VSAM documents, for example, also apply to VSE/ESA and z/VM. White papers and other articles, much of it vendor-neutral. Mainstar Software: Resources.
- CICS CICS: Bob Yelavich www
CICS technical information from a retired IBM expert. CICS: Bob Yelavich.
- Information Multics Home Page www
Information on Multics, Home Page, much of it from the newsgroup alt.os.multics. Multics Home Page.
- Article Risks Digest: The End of the Multics Era www
Article by Peter G. Digest: The End of the Multics Era. Neumann on the decommissioning of the last Multics system at the Canadian Department of National Defence in October 2000. Risks Digest: The End of the Multics Era.
- Customize AcceleratedServers www
Customize 1U, AcceleratedServers, 2U and 4U rackmount and tower servers and server clusters running Linux, FreeBSD or Windows. AcceleratedServers.
- Independent Linux-1U.net www
Independent Linux consultants building custom servers for small and large corporations. Linux-1U.net.
- Unbiased How Stuff Works: Operating Systems www
Unbiased enlightening tutorial with impartial description of how OSs work, Stuff Works: Operating Systems, and many related links. How Stuff Works: Operating Systems.
- Growing Operating System www
Growing article, System, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. Operating System.
- Alexa: Mainframe Operating Systems
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Mainframe Operating Systems
- DMOZ: Mainframe Operating Systems
dmoz.org Directory: Mainframe Operating Systems