BeOS Microkernel Operating Systems Software Computers.
BeOS is an operating system for personal computers first developed by Be Inc. in 1991. It was first written to run on BeBox hardware. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: BeOS is an operating system for personal computers first developed by Be Inc. in 1991. It was first written to run on BeBox hardware. BeOS was built for digital media work and was written to take advantage of modern hardware facilities such as symmetric multiprocessing by utilizing modular I/O bandwidth, pervasive multithreading, preemptive multitasking and a 64-bit journaling file system known as BFS. The BeOS GUI was developed on the principles of clarity and a clean, uncluttered design.
- BeOS Category
- BeIA - BeIA, or BeOS for Internet Appliances, was a minimized version of Be Inc.'s BeOS operating system for embedded systems.
- Haiku (operating system) - Haiku is a free and open-source operating system compatible with the now discontinued BeOS. Its development began in 2001, and the operating system became self-hosting in 2008.
- Access Co. - ACCESS CO., LTD., founded in April 1979 and incorporated in February 1984 in Tokyo, Japan, by Arakawa Toru and Kamada Tomihisa, is a company providing a variety of software for connected and mobile devices, such as mobile phones, PDAs, video game consoles and set top boxes.
- bootman - BootManager, formerly known as BootMan, is the Haiku and BeOS boot loader on x86 systems.
- Gobe Productive - Gobe Software, Inc was a software company that published an integrated desktop software suite for BeOS. In later years, it was the publisher of BeOS itself.
- Hitachi Flora Prius - The Hitachi Flora Prius was a range of personal computers marketed in Japan by Hitachi, Ltd. during the late 1990s.
- PowerPC operating systems
- X86 operating systems
- Discontinued operating systems
- Be Dope - Inside Info for the Be Universe www
Be Dope: Inside Information for the Be Universe. Dope - Inside Info for the Be Universe. The superior source of information relating to the BeOS. News, entertainment, tutorials, interviews, Tibetan monks and their yaks.
- Technical The BeBox Zone www
Technical Specifications for BeBox components, BeBox Zone, historical information about BeBox development, and anecdotal information about the use of BeBoxen. The BeBox Zone.
- A Kirilla www
A site serving content to the BeOS newbie. Kirilla.
- Hundreds The BeOS Tip Server www
Hundreds of tips, BeOS Tip Server, tricks, shortcuts, and undocumented secrets by and for BeOS users. The BeOS Tip Server.
- Forums The Green Board www
Forums and information for users and developers of the Be Operating System. The Green Board.
- Offers ZetaNews www
Offers the forums and the latest news on the BeOS based Zeta OS and other BeOS like OSs. ZetaNews.
- An Haiku Project www
An open-source operating system currently in development and inspired by BeOS. Project. Its kernel is based on NewOS. Open source, released under the MIT license. Haiku Project.
- Technical Tek-Tips: BeOS Forum www
Technical support forums and mutual help system for computer professionals. BeOS Forum. Selling and recruiting forbidden. Tek-Tips: BeOS Forum.
- A The Official Project X www
A BeOS IDE/RAD/GUI editor that focuses on: usability, Official Project X, user-efficiency, power, stability. The Official Project X.
- Met Begasus www
Met een handleiding over onderwerpen als de installatie en internet en dan voor de rest nog links en downloads. Begasus.
- Bedrijf Mensys www
Bedrijf dat veel software heeft voor verschillende besturingssystemen. Mensys. Op de site voor de rest nog links. Mensys.
- Offers IsComputerOn www
Offers the latest news, IsComputerOn, reviews, announcements from the BeOS/Zeta community from around the world. IsComputerOn.
- A BeForever www
A daily news page devoted to the BeOS. BeForever.
- Effort Nova www
Effort to create a POSIX-like operating system atop the rtmk microkernel. Nova. [Open Source, GPL] Nova.
- A Quantix www
A POSIX microkernel with roots of the Mach and FreeBSD projects. Quantix. [Open source, BSD-like] Quantix.
- Free Scout www
Free for non-commercial use. Scout. Communication-oriented OS focused on network systems: network-attached devices, set-top boxes, and hand-held devices. Fast, customizable, based on new ways to structure and construct OSs: The Path: how data flows between end-points in a system; paths are primary objects to which resources are assigned. Also exploring new compiler technologies for system design and implementation, based on this insight: extensible OSs are worthless if no one can build or extend them. Scout.
- High-Performance Project Satori www
High-Performance distributed object environment emphasizing adaptive end-to-end QoS guarantees. Satori. Abstract, components, documents, people, funding. Project Satori.
- Teachable Topsy www
Teachable Operating System: tiny multithreaded messaging microkernel, Topsy, in ANSI C; protected threads, memory managed, and thread/process control. From undergraduate course on concurrency, device programming, OS concepts. Descriptions, documents, theses, downloads, contacts, links. [Open Source, GPL] Topsy.
- Explains Sartoris Microkernel Tutorial www
Explains about making a policy-free microkernel; multipart series. Sartoris Microkernel Tutorial.
- Alexa: BeOS Microkernel
Alexa Directory Top Sites: BeOS Microkernel
- DMOZ: BeOS Microkernel
dmoz.org Directory: BeOS Microkernel