BeOS Microkernel Operating Systems Software Computers.
BeOS is an operating system for personal computers first developed by Be Inc. in 1991. It was first written to run on BeBox hardware. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: BeOS is an operating system for personal computers first developed by Be Inc. in 1991. It was first written to run on BeBox hardware. BeOS was built for digital media work and was written to take advantage of modern hardware facilities such as symmetric multiprocessing by utilizing modular I/O bandwidth, pervasive multithreading, preemptive multitasking and a 64-bit journaling file system known as BFS. The BeOS GUI was developed on the principles of clarity and a clean, uncluttered design.
- BeOS Category
- BeIA - BeIA, or BeOS for Internet Appliances, was a minimized version of Be Inc.'s BeOS operating system for embedded systems.
- Haiku (operating system) - Haiku is a free and open-source operating system compatible with the now discontinued BeOS. Its development began in 2001, and the operating system became self-hosting in 2008.
- Access Co. - ACCESS CO., LTD., founded in April 1979 and incorporated in February 1984 in Tokyo, Japan, by Arakawa Toru and Kamada Tomihisa, is a company providing a variety of software for connected and mobile devices, such as mobile phones, PDAs, video game consoles and set top boxes.
- bootman - BootManager, formerly known as BootMan, is the Haiku and BeOS boot loader on x86 systems.
- Gobe Productive - Gobe Software, Inc was a software company that published an integrated desktop software suite for BeOS. In later years, it was the publisher of BeOS itself.
- Hitachi Flora Prius - The Hitachi Flora Prius was a range of personal computers marketed in Japan by Hitachi, Ltd. during the late 1990s.
- X86 operating systems
- PowerPC operating systems
- Discontinued operating systems
- Be Dope - Inside Info for the Be Universe www
Be Dope: Inside Information for the Be Universe. Dope - Inside Info for the Be Universe. The superior source of information relating to the BeOS. News, entertainment, tutorials, interviews, Tibetan monks and their yaks.
- Technical The BeBox Zone www
Technical Specifications for BeBox components, BeBox Zone, historical information about BeBox development, and anecdotal information about the use of BeBoxen. The BeBox Zone.
- A Kirilla www
A site serving content to the BeOS newbie. Kirilla.
- An Haiku Project www
An open-source operating system currently in development and inspired by BeOS. Project. Its kernel is based on NewOS. Open source, released under the MIT license. Haiku Project.
- Hundreds The BeOS Tip Server www
Hundreds of tips, BeOS Tip Server, tricks, shortcuts, and undocumented secrets by and for BeOS users. The BeOS Tip Server.
- Offers ZetaNews www
Offers the forums and the latest news on the BeOS based Zeta OS and other BeOS like OSs. ZetaNews.
- Forums The Green Board www
Forums and information for users and developers of the Be Operating System. The Green Board.
- Open OpenTracker www
Open source for the Tracker and Deskbar components of the BeOS. OpenTracker.
- New Tim Philip's Developer Log www
New projects and history. Tim Philip's Developer Log.
- Bedrijf Mensys www
Bedrijf dat veel software heeft voor verschillende besturingssystemen. Mensys. Op de site voor de rest nog links. Mensys.
- Met Begasus www
Met een handleiding over onderwerpen als de installatie en internet en dan voor de rest nog links en downloads. Begasus.
- Offers IsComputerOn www
Offers the latest news, IsComputerOn, reviews, announcements from the BeOS/Zeta community from around the world. IsComputerOn.
- A BeForever www
A daily news page devoted to the BeOS. BeForever.
- Effort Nova www
Effort to create a POSIX-like operating system atop the rtmk microkernel. Nova. [Open Source, GPL] Nova.
- A Quantix www
A POSIX microkernel with roots of the Mach and FreeBSD projects. Quantix. [Open source, BSD-like] Quantix.
- Object-oriented Tornado www
Object-oriented operating system for large-scale shared-memory multiprocessors. Tornado. Minimizes data sharing via careful design: often eliminates data sharing even when sharing appears natural. Successor to Hurricane. Tornado.
- Several DROPS: Dresden Real-Time Operating System Project www
Several RTOSs with QoS focus: much research is done on networking support for continuous-media applications, Dresden Real-Time Operating System Project, very few projects tackle related OS issues, such as scheduling and file system support for bounded response time: overview, status, download, installation, use, documentation, papers. DROPS: Dresden Real-Time Operating System Project.
- SUpport SUMO www
SUpport for Multimedia in Operating systems, SUMO, Lancaster University: microkernel OS with facilities to support distributed realtime and multimedia applications and ODP-based multimedia distributed application platforms. SUMO.
- Teachable Topsy www
Teachable Operating System: tiny multithreaded messaging microkernel, Topsy, in ANSI C; protected threads, memory managed, and thread/process control. From undergraduate course on concurrency, device programming, OS concepts. Descriptions, documents, theses, downloads, contacts, links. [Open Source, GPL] Topsy.
- Alexa: BeOS Microkernel
Alexa Directory Top Sites: BeOS Microkernel
- DMOZ: BeOS Microkernel
dmoz.org Directory: BeOS Microkernel