ReactOS is a project to develop an open source operating system that is object code-compatible with Microsoft Windows NT applications and drivers. ReactOS Microkernel Operating Systems Software Computers.
ReactOS is an open-source operating system for x86 / x64 PCs intended to be binary-compatible with computer programs and device drivers made for Windows Server 2003. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: ReactOS is a free and open-source operating system for x86/x64 personal computers intended to be binary-compatible with computer programs and device drivers made for Windows Server 2003.
- Binary code compatibility - Binary code compatibility is a property of computer systems, that means they can run the same executable code, typically machine code for a general purpose computer CPU. Source code compatibility, on the other hand, means that recompilation or interpretation is necessary.
- coLinux , a project allowing Microsoft Windows and the Linux kernel to run simultaneously in parallel on the same machine.
- FreeDOS , a clone of MS-DOS .
- Longene , a hybrid operating system kernel intended to be binary-compatible with both the Microsoft Windows and Linux ecosystem.
- NDISwrapper , a recreation of Windows NT kernel parts inside the Linux Kernel to allow the use of Windows drivers in Linux.
- Wine , compatibility layer which runs Microsoft Windows applications on Unix-like operating systems.
- Software derived from or incorporating Wine
- Upcoming software
- Live CD
- Window-based operating systems
- X86-64 operating systems
- ReactOS www
Homepage of the ReactOS project. ReactOS.
- ReactOS www
Encyclopedic article. ReactOS.
- Interview Steven Edwards Interview www
Interview with wine and ReactOS developer. Steven Edwards Interview.
- GUI ReactOS 0.2.0 www
GUI overview. ReactOS 0.2.0.
- Screenshots Gasmann's ReactOS Fansite www
Screenshots and registry files. Gasmann's ReactOS Fansite.
- ReactOS SourceForge.net: ReactOS www
ReactOS project page. SourceForge.net: ReactOS.
- Detailed ReactOS Reviewed: The Next Windows? www
Detailed review of ReactOS. Reviewed: The Next Windows?. ReactOS Reviewed: The Next Windows?.
- ReactOS ROS Explorer FAQ www
ReactOS Explorer frequently asked questions. ROS Explorer FAQ.
- Growing Hybrid Kernel www
Growing article, Kernel, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. Hybrid Kernel.
- Mailing WINNT-INET - Windows NT on the Internet Mailing List www
Mailing list about WinNT's implementation of DNS, Windows NT on the Internet Mailing List, WINS, TCP/IP and DCHP. WINNT-INET - Windows NT on the Internet Mailing List.
- System SysInternals www
System utilities for Windows NT/2000 including NTFS driver for DOS, SysInternals, FAT32 driver for NT and NT Undelete program. Most with source code, good for system administrators and system programmers. SysInternals.
- VISual Visopsys www
VISual OPerating SYStem: small, Visopsys, fast, home-brewed, open source OS kernel for x86. Includes project background, screenshots, source code and useful links for OS developers. [Open Source, GPL] Visopsys.
- Self HanoiOS www
Self booting x86 OS implementation of Towers of Hanoi puzzle, HanoiOS, very simple bootstrap loader and kernel; boots, presents shell-like prompt for valid integer input, used by kernel as count of disks to solve, prints list of moves. HanoiOS.
- Portable ShagOS www
Portable object-oriented microkernel OS, ShagOS, dynamically loaded device drivers, fully redesigned and rewritten many times in C++, runs on VAX, x86. Ongoing experiment in using O-O paradigm as framework for full OS, with distributed computing as main aspect in most design decisions. ShagOS.
- Teachable Topsy www
Teachable Operating System: tiny multithreaded messaging microkernel, Topsy, in ANSI C; protected threads, memory managed, and thread/process control. From undergraduate course on concurrency, device programming, OS concepts. Descriptions, documents, theses, downloads, contacts, links. [Open Source, GPL] Topsy.
- Alexa: ReactOS Microkernel
Alexa Directory Top Sites: ReactOS Microkernel
- DMOZ: ReactOS Microkernel
dmoz.org Directory: ReactOS Microkernel