VSTa Microkernel Operating Systems Software Computers.
VSTa (Valencia's Simple Tasker) was an operating system with a microkernel architecture, with all device drivers and file systems residing in userspace mode. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Visual Studio Tools for Applications is a set of tools that independent software vendors can use to build customization abilities into their applications for both automation and extensibility. Those customization abilities can be used by end-users to tailor the ISV's application within a managed extensibility environment just like Visual Basic for Applications.
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- QNX Software Systems, Ltd. www
Canadian firm that develops, Software Systems, Ltd., maintains, and markets QNX RTOS and related products: Photon microGUI, QNX/Neutrino, IAT, FLEET, FTL, QNX In-Hand Toolkit, PhAB, Phindows, PhinX, Voyager. QNX is fast microkernel, POSIX.1 compliant, x86 platform, year 2000 safe.
- Links COTSE-Mini Unix Distributions www
Links to 2 dozen mini Unix distributions: mostly Linux, Unix Distributions, also FreeBSD, SCO, Solaris MINIX, MINIX. COTSE-Mini Unix Distributions.
- Compares Benchmarking BSD and Linux www
Compares FreeBSD 5. BSD and Linux.1, NetBSD 1.6.1, OpenBSD 3.4; Linux 2.4, 2.5, 2.6; to see how scalable and fast network programs are on standard PC hardware as Web servers; tests several APIs and methods. Text, graphs, benchmark code. Benchmarking BSD and Linux.
- A 9vx www
A port of the Plan 9 kernel to run as a user space program using the vx32 sandboxing library in *BSD, 9vx, Linux, and OS X systems. 9vx.
- Documentation, Plan 9 at the Advanced Computing Laboratory www
Documentation, at the Advanced Computing Laboratory, tips, various software packages including ports of Unix software, and extra drivers for 3rd Edition. Plan 9 at the Advanced Computing Laboratory.
- Killer killerstuff.net - killer apps www
Killer applications for QNX/Photon and other bits and bobs. killer apps. Current lineup includes killerIRC, killerWeb, killerAudio and killerNotes. killerstuff.net - killer apps.
- A UnixGeeks.org www
A growing repository of resources and information related to the Unix operating system. UnixGeeks.org. All content is maintained by the group of users, to which membership is free. UnixGeeks.org.
- Growing Microkernel www
Growing article, Microkernel, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. Microkernel.
- Portable ShagOS www
Portable object-oriented microkernel OS, ShagOS, dynamically loaded device drivers, fully redesigned and rewritten many times in C++, runs on VAX, x86. Ongoing experiment in using O-O paradigm as framework for full OS, with distributed computing as main aspect in most design decisions. ShagOS.
- Alexa: VSTa Microkernel
Alexa Directory Top Sites: VSTa Microkernel
- DMOZ: VSTa Microkernel
dmoz.org Directory: VSTa Microkernel