Most operating systems (OSs) in use are monolithic. In these, all source code is compiled into one logically undivided block of object code, though the source and-or object code may be segmented into different address spaces, unlike in a Single Address Space OS (SASOS). On this page, OSs are arranged in three groups and levels: 1) Top group: types or classes of OSs. 2) Middle group: OSs for which there are more than one instance of an OS of this name-type, an OS family. 3) Bottom group: specific OSs, individual instances; there is only one OS of this name-type. Monolithic Operating Systems Software Computers.
- Monolith A geological feature consisting of a single massive stone or rock, such as some mountains, or a...
- Monolith (Space Odyssey) In Arthur C. Clarke's Space Odyssey, monoliths are machines built by an unseen extraterrestrial...
- Monolithic kernel An operating system architecture where the entire operating system is working in kernel space and...
- Single crystal A material in which the crystal lattice of the entire sample is continuous and unbroken to the...
- Monolithic architecture Monolithic architecture covers buildings carved, cast or excavated from a single piece of...
- Monolith (comics) A DC Comics comic book series whose title character is a superheroic golem.
- Monolith (catalyst support) An extruded substrate widely used in vehicle catalytic converters.
- Monolithic application In software engineering, a monolithic application describes a single-tiered software application...
- Monolithic integrated circuit A set of electronic circuits on one small flat piece of semiconductor material, normally silicon.
- Monolith (film) Thriller directed 2016 by Ivan Silvestrini.
- Monolith, California An unincorporated community in the Tehachapi Valley, in Kern County, California.
- IBM AIX: Unix Operating System www
IBM home page for AIX; many IBM AIX resources, AIX: Unix Operating System, product and service descriptions, links.
- Growing Monolithic Kernel www
Growing article, Kernel, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. Monolithic Kernel.
- Installation A/UX 3.0 installation www
Installation how-to. A/UX 3.0 installation.
- Comparison Unix on a Mac? Really? www
Comparison Review of A/UX and MachTEN. a Mac? Really?. Unix on a Mac? Really?.
- Technical Tek-Tips: IBM AIX Forum www
Technical support, IBM AIX Forum, mutual help system. Forbids selling, recruiting. Tek-Tips: IBM AIX Forum.
- A Multi User System Security www
A low level security system for the Amiga, User System Security, consisting of a new filesystem and a library. It implements a security system similar to that of UNIX. Multi User System Security.
- MC1 MC1 Amiga www
MC1 Amiga are an on-line store trying to make it easier for Amiga users to get hardware. Amiga. MC1 stocks new SCSI, used Amiga parts and some software. MC1 have a full list of Australian Amiga User groups and Amiga dealers in the links page. MC1 Amiga.
- An FutureOS www
An alternative Operating System for the Amstrad computers CPC6128 and CPC464/6128plus, FutureOS, coded in Z80 Assembler. FutureOS.
- Amstrad Software for Amstrad CP/M www
Software for Amstrad CP/M.
- A Call-A.P.P.L.E. www
A monthly magazine published by the Apple PugetSound Program Library Exchange (A. Call-A.P.P.L.E..P.P.L.E.) user group. Back issues, group news and a product catalog with software, books and hardware for sale. Call-A.P.P.L.E..
- A Apple II History www
A history of the Apple II by Steven Weyhrich. Apple II History.
- Growing BSD/OS www
- Weblog OSNews: Exploring the Future of Computing www
Weblog style online magazine on operating systems and computing environments. Exploring the Future of Computing. Daily updates, reader forum with many comments. OSNews: Exploring the Future of Computing.
- The Convergence International www
The non-Wintel user group, International, supporting Acorn, Amiga, Apple, ARM, Be, NCs, PowerPC, Psion, Unix and other alternative operating systems. Services include a non-Wintel news summary. Convergence International.
- Alexa: Monolithic Operating Systems
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Monolithic Operating Systems
- DMOZ: Monolithic Operating Systems
dmoz.org Directory: Monolithic Operating Systems