Network operating systems (NOSs) are OSs that exist mostly or fully for, which main reason for being, is to facilitate networking, between two or more computers, to operate and improve networks, with non-trivial networking (e.g., routing) included and-or built in, which need not be added later, and make little sense without their network functions. Many OSs have some networking ability, but not all such OSs are NOSs. On this page, OSs are arranged in three groups and levels: 1) Top group: types or classes of OS. 2) Middle group: OSs for which there are more than one instance of an OS of this name-type, an OS family. 3) Bottom group: specific OSs, individual instances; there is only one OS of this name-type. Network Operating Systems Software Computers.
- Computer network A digital telecommunications network which allows nodes to share resources.
- Neural network Artificial neural networks or connectionist systems are computing systems vaguely inspired by the...
- Social networking service A web application that people use to build social networks or social relations with other people...
- Network (1976 film) A 1976 American satirical film written by Paddy Chayefsky and directed by Sidney Lumet, about a...
- NETWORK Network, A National Catholic Social Justice Lobby, is headquartered in Washington, D.C. The...
- Network science An academic field which studies complex networks such as telecommunication networks, computer...
- Business networking A socioeconomic business activity by which businesspeople and entrepreneurs meet to form business...
- Circuit theory A collection of interconnected components.
- University Network Research Group www
University of California, Research Group, Irvine. Network Research Group.
- Second KA9Q NOS TCP/IP Package www
KA9Q NOS TCP/IP Package.
- University Systems Research Group, Networks and Operating Systems www
University of Cambridge, Research Group, Networks and Operating Systems, Computer Lab. Many interesting network OS oriented projects, including Nemesis OS. Systems Research Group, Networks and Operating Systems.
- Automatic ACCORDS Project www
Automatic Configuration and Monitoring of Component-Based Distributed Systems. Project. From Universities of São Paulo, and of Campinas, Brazil. Part of 2K effort. ACCORDS Project.
- Component-based 2K www
Component-based network-centric OS for the next millennium: distributed, 2K, adaptable, designed for frequent change, from the Systems Software Research Group, and the Multimedia Operating Systems and Networking Group, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. 2K.
- Book. A/UX Basic Skills www
Book. Basic Skills. Contents: Working on the Desktop, Getting Started with A/UX 3.01, Using Files and Folders, Backup your work with Disks or Tape Cassettes, Working with TextEditor, printing from Desktop, Customising the Finder Environment. A/UX Basic Skills.
- General Apache on A/UX Performance Hints www
Apache on A/UX Performance Hints.
- Group Download AIX Software www
Group Bull's Large Freeware and Shareware Archive for AIX (R) 4 Download AIX Software.
- AIX, ROOTVG.NET www
AIX, ROOTVG.NET, pSeries and RS/6000 information portal, with forums, columns, security alerts, announcements from IBM and user groups, and direct links to commonly used IBM documentation. ROOTVG.NET.
- Details MOSIX Clusters of Surplus Computers for Providing Common Network Services and Applications www
Details active project to illustrate use of MOSIX to create clusters of surplus machines that can be used to provide network services, Clusters of Surplus Computers for Providing Common Network Services and Applications, application resources. MOSIX Clusters of Surplus Computers for Providing Common Network Services and Applications.
- Support SUMO www
Support for Multimedia in Operating systems, SUMO, Lancaster University: microkernel OS with facilities to support distributed realtime and multimedia applications and ODP-based multimedia distributed application platforms. SUMO.
- Powerful Amoeba www
Powerful free, Amoeba, open source, microkernel-based system that turns a collection of workstations or single-board computers into a transparent distributed system. Used in academia, industry, and government for many years. Runs on many platforms. Amoeba.
- Part Bibliography on the Distributed Operating System Amoeba www
Part of the Computer Science Bibliographies: search, the Distributed Operating System Amoeba, browsing, statistics. Bibliography on the Distributed Operating System Amoeba.
- BSD Slashdot: BSD www
BSD section of the popular Slashdot open source news and forum site. Slashdot: BSD.
- BSDCertification.org The BSD Certification Group, Inc. www
BSDCertification. BSD Certification Group, Inc..org provides system administration certifications for DragonFly BSD, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD. The BSD Certification Group, Inc..
- Growing Operating System www
Growing article, System, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. Operating System.
- Unbiased How Stuff Works: Operating Systems www
Unbiased enlightening tutorial with impartial description of how OSs work, Stuff Works: Operating Systems, and many related links. How Stuff Works: Operating Systems.
- Alexa: Network Operating Systems
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Network Operating Systems
- DMOZ: Network Operating Systems
dmoz.org Directory: Network Operating Systems