Network operating systems (NOSs) are OSs that exist mostly or fully for, which main reason for being, is to facilitate networking, between two or more computers, to operate and improve networks, with non-trivial networking (e.g., routing) included and-or built in, which need not be added later, and make little sense without their network functions. Many OSs have some networking ability, but not all such OSs are NOSs. On this page, OSs are arranged in three groups and levels: 1) Top group: types or classes of OS. 2) Middle group: OSs for which there are more than one instance of an OS of this name-type, an OS family. 3) Bottom group: specific OSs, individual instances; there is only one OS of this name-type. Network Operating Systems Software Computers.
- Network topics.
- Computer network A digital telecommunications network which allows nodes to share resources.
- Artificial neural network Artificial neural networks or connectionist systems are computing systems inspired by the...
- Network (1976 film) A 1976 American film.
- NETWORK Network, A National Catholic Social Justice Lobby, is headquartered in Washington, D.C. The...
- Network, British Sociological Association 's members' newsletter.
- Network science An academic field which studies complex networks such as telecommunication networks, computer...
- Business networking A socioeconomic business activity by which businesspeople and entrepreneurs meet to form business...
- Circuit theory A collection of interconnected components.
- A/UX Penelope www
Site about A/UX. Penelope. Screenshots, Hardware Requirements, Software, Downloads for A/UX.
- University Network Research Group www
University of California, Research Group, Irvine. Network Research Group.
- Second KA9Q NOS TCP/IP Package www
KA9Q NOS TCP/IP Package.
- University Systems Research Group, Networks and Operating Systems www
University of Cambridge, Research Group, Networks and Operating Systems, Computer Lab. Many interesting network OS oriented projects, including Nemesis OS. Systems Research Group, Networks and Operating Systems.
- Component-based 2K www
Component-based network-centric OS for the next millennium: distributed, 2K, adaptable, designed for frequent change, from the Systems Software Research Group, and the Multimedia Operating Systems and Networking Group, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. 2K.
- Automatic ACCORDS Project www
Automatic Configuration and Monitoring of Component-Based Distributed Systems. Project. From Universities of São Paulo, and of Campinas, Brazil. Part of 2K effort. ACCORDS Project.
- Encyclopedic A/UX www
- Usenet Comp.Unix.Aix archive www
Usenet newsgroup archive, archive, searchable by author, subject, and keywords header lines. Comp.Unix.Aix archive.
- Archive Bull AIX Freeware www
Archive of freeware and shareware for AIX (R) 4. Bull AIX Freeware.
- Global GLUnix www
Global Layer Unix; technology trends in high-speed, GLUnix, low-latency LANs suggest convergence of hardware in Massively Parallel Processors, MPPs, and Networks of Workstations, NOWs. Relative to many MPPs, NOWs offer more cost-effectiveness and scalability, and less hardware and software development time. Soon, the main difference between NOWs and MPPs will be OS software. GLUnix.
- Allows YouOS www
- Powerful Amoeba www
Powerful free, Amoeba, open source, microkernel-based system that turns a collection of workstations or single-board computers into a transparent distributed system. Used in academia, industry, and government for many years. Runs on many platforms. Amoeba.
- Part Bibliography on the Distributed Operating System Amoeba www
Part of the Computer Science Bibliographies: search, the Distributed Operating System Amoeba, browsing, statistics. Bibliography on the Distributed Operating System Amoeba.
- Links www.bsd.org www
Links to major BSD variants, www.bsd.org, Unix book list, help pages on several Unix and system administration issues. www.bsd.org.
- BSDCertification.org The BSD Certification Group, Inc. www
BSDCertification. BSD Certification Group, Inc..org provides system administration certifications for DragonFly BSD, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD. The BSD Certification Group, Inc..
- Weblog OSNews: Exploring the Future of Computing www
Weblog style online magazine on operating systems and computing environments. Exploring the Future of Computing. Daily updates, reader forum with many comments. OSNews: Exploring the Future of Computing.
- Statistics Internet Operating System Counter www
Statistics on Internet OS use, Operating System Counter, WWW, FTP, and News servers. Over 940,000 hosts checked in this 1999 survey. Internet Operating System Counter.
- Alexa: Network Operating Systems
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Network Operating Systems
- DMOZ: Network Operating Systems
dmoz.org Directory: Network Operating Systems